Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Im going to try a protractor and graphing calculator,

No better yet and Sexton and periscope lol

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Maybe have a new boyfriend take a bite and measure the distance between his teeth? :o

Bites just Ain't Right, don't want a man into cannibalism. willing to 've Sweet but only from a distance. After you've been bit, beaten and brutalized it gets a bit much, and you don't want to know how I know!

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Maybe have a new boyfriend take a bite and measure the distance between his teeth? :o

You know what, I'm putting an add out...

I wish we could double emoji. I'd pick at least two for you! Good times!

This is how fucked up the scale is. So yeah you know I've got a cold. @GreenTealael gave me her's I'm sure. Thanksnotthankful. And yesterday I reverted to old behaviors using that as an excuse--I feel like crap, so I'm gonna take the day off of everything and play hooky. And I did nothing more than drink hot green tea, hot coffee, watch the Hallmark channel and nap. I also ate and ate and ate--some good stuff--some bad stuff like Peanut Butter and pita chips (damn you Lex Luther, come get your damned pita chips-yes! They are STILL here from my birthday hijinx! And I haven't been able to muscle the will to throw in the trash and pour dish soap over them. They sing to me at night. Me=massochist). And also leftover white rice and Chinese delivery. *le sigh* Didn't even track foods cuz it would be too gruesome for words! UGH! I even ate at midnight last night (seafood gumbo with white rice) and had 3 SF chocolate assorted candies (which I NEVER do)!!!

And this morning I cowboy-up and step on the scale prepared to see me weigh 165lbs or some shenanigans. And the scale is down to 159.2 from the previous day--when I ALSO ate like crap, but this time, basically ate popcorn...

T'aint fair Magee T'ain't fair, you got a FREE Pass!

scales are stupid and can't be trusted

(also don't be alarmed if it bounces up in a few days even though you are perfect on plan. I'm beginning to notice that energy conversion and weight reflecting it takes some time to show up... I should look into it)

46 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

scales are stupid and can't be trusted

(also don't be alarmed if it bounces up in a few days even though you are perfect on plan. I'm beginning to notice that energy conversion and weight reflecting it takes some time to show up... I should look into it)

Yeah. It's not unusual for me to see it 2-3 days out. So I'm not recording my weight again until I'm over the cold. :) Especially since the sf cough drops and sf candies tend to affect my blood sugars (or at least then did pre-op). This is the first time trying since surgery. I'm eating about 4-5 of either sf cough drops or sf cinnamon drops right now. And I do think they wake up my hungry and desire to "feed." :( :wacko::angry: *annoyed* But I'm trying not to make myself crazy.

The great news about being with you guys (see @Matt Z), is that I'm building a little confidence that I can f**k up and get right back in the game with my head, eating, and exercise. I honestly didn't see that one coming. And I'm sure it's delaying my progress, but I don't think it's so significant that it's gonna add months or years to goal. I think it might add weeks though. But I'm trying to get my head out of Crazy Town and think in terms of life plans...of course that could also be major rationalization goin' down round heah too. :(

Ok, y'all feeling better this morning. I will "will" myself better or die trying-- roflmao! Walking really helped yesterday. I didn't want to do it-but once I was actually walking, I felt like living. Yay team! The month is winding down. I began IF on 9.3 and will just close out September with short numbers. But it looks promising, although I am concerned about the Protein amount which went down from last month while fats and carbs went up.

Today is a 16/8 day, but with 3 meals to it--eating to satiety. No tellin what it will be. I know Soup will be one of those meals and probably some yogurt/cottage cheese/pbpowder/berries/Fiber One cuz it sounds good to me. Beyond that, dunno bout dinner.

Oh @GreenTealael and @Matt Z I ordered some matcha yesterday. So do you use it in place of green tea bags or in addition to them? I'm also gonna try making the turmeric paste to have on hand.

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, y'all feeling better this morning. I will "will" myself better or die trying-- roflmao! Walking really helped yesterday. I didn't want to do it-but once I was actually walking, I felt like living. Yay team! The month is winding down. I began IF on 9.3 and will just close out September with short numbers. But it looks promising, although I am concerned about the Protein amount which went down from last month while fats and carbs went up.

Today is a 16/8 day, but with 3 meals to it--eating to satiety. No tellin what it will be. I know Soup will be one of those meals and probably some yogurt/cottage cheese/pbpowder/berries/Fiber One cuz it sounds good to me. Beyond that, dunno bout dinner.

Oh @GreenTealael and @Matt Z I ordered some matcha yesterday. So do you use it in place of green tea bags or in addition to them? I'm also gonna try making the turmeric paste to have on hand.

Use it in place of, Matcha *IS* green tea, just powered so that you get all parts of the leave and not just the Water soluble part when making the tea.

3 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Use it in place of, Matcha *IS* green tea, just powered so that you get all parts of the leave and not just the Water soluble part when making the tea.

Thanks @Matt Z. So does it need to have flavor added to it? Will it taste grassy like my green tea infusions? Sorry to be so toopid bout this stuff. LOL. I'm thinking that the green tea may be helping my metabolism. Yay!! So far I'm loving 1bag of green tea with 1bag of bigelow peach or any of the Celestial Seasonings flavors or with the Lipton Decaff apple cinnamon and also Twinning Breakfast Tea. (These are all teas I had in hands--haven't bought any new yet beyond the matcha.) TY!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Thanks @Matt Z. So does it need to have flavor added to it? Will it taste grassy like my green tea infusions? Sorry to be so toopid bout this stuff. LOL. I'm thinking that the green tea may be helping my metabolism. Yay!! So far I'm loving 1bag of green tea with 1bag of bigelow peach or any of the Celestial Seasonings flavors or with the Lipton Decaff apple cinnamon and also Twinning Breakfast Tea. (These are all teas I had in hands--haven't bought any new yet beyond the matcha.) TY!

I say make a cup as per the directions before you start adding things for flavor etc. It does taste different, hard to describe (and the quality of the matcha changes things as well)

Hello! :)

Been MIA, crazy busy work and travel schedule!

Sorry you're not feeling well @FluffyChix, hopefully the walking and Matcha will get it all beat!

Not much to report here. Have done IF when possible. Had 2 breakfast meetings this week, so not those days. My food choices have been both good and bad. I'm counting the small victories like not eating the Andes mints that were left on my pillow. :P

The scale is holding steady at 153.2, the same as Tuesday morning, my last weigh in. It's .5 lbs up from my low of 152.6.

I don't think IF alone works for me as a weight loss tool. Maybe because I had inadvertently done IF for a lot of my life? I've never been a breakfast eater, so I naturally have a long fast. Unless I have reasons to eat in the morning, like brunch plans or meetings, etc..

I have some dinner plans this weekend. Nothing to prevent me from doing IF. Making good choices is the much bigger struggle.

Next few weeks are going to be a b*tch! Solid travel, even gone one weekend, with only an overnight home to repack. Lots of meetings, meals, wining and dining. Weekend with a girlfriend and Mai Tai's. There will be a trade show with every type of junk food imaginable. Then straight into my gelato, Pasta & wine vacay.

I'd really, really like to start dropping weight again. Although my choice haven't all been good, my cals have been well under 1000 (yay restiction). So I'm hoping this is a stall ... but still scared if it's not.

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Hello! :)

Been MIA, crazy busy work and travel schedule!

Sorry you're not feeling well @FluffyChix, hopefully the walking and Matcha will get it all beat!

Not much to report here. Have done IF when possible. Had 2 Breakfast meetings this week, so not those days. My food choices have been both good and bad. I'm counting the small victories like not eating the Andes mints that were left on my pillow. :P

The scale is holding steady at 153.2, the same as Tuesday morning, my last weigh in. It's .5 lbs up from my low of 152.6.

I don't think IF alone works for me as a weight loss tool. Maybe because I had inadvertently done IF for a lot of my life? I've never been a breakfast eater, so I naturally have a long fast. Unless I have reasons to eat in the morning, like brunch plans or meetings, etc..

I have some dinner plans this weekend. Nothing to prevent me from doing IF. Making good choices is the much bigger struggle.

Next few weeks are going to be a b*tch! Solid travel, even gone one weekend, with only an overnight home to repack. Lots of meetings, meals, wining and dining. Weekend with a girlfriend and Mai Tai's. There will be a trade show with every type of junk food imaginable. Then straight into my gelato, Pasta & wine vacay.

I'd really, really like to start dropping weight again. Although my choice haven't all been good, my cals have been well under 1000 (yay restiction). So I'm hoping this is a stall ... but still scared if it's not.

We've missed you but totally understand--you have a life...Newsflash! :D (Can I buy one? LOL) But seriously, your schedule sounds exciting, fast paced and fun, but oh so scary larry! I get why you're concerned!!! I've no idea how/what I would do in your situation. Your life revolves around decadent and celebratory foods!!!

I agree that IF alone doesn't make me "eat less" or make me "make better choices." But, what it does do is makes it easier to limit my daily intake. Since I can eat so much, that's especially important. I still can't eat as much as I could pre-surg--but still...I can do calorie damage if I put my mind to it, with relative ease. And you are placed in that position almost daily! GOSH!! ((hugs))

I think IF may also have some hidden, behind the scenes benefits with hormone regulation that helps us process the foods we do eat. My numbers are showing this...I will post those at the end of the month. So maybe, the IF, along with your making "thinking" smart choices as often as possible, will do what it needs to do and allow you to keep losing weight? I think of IF as kinda "doing the job" that most natural skinny people do for themselves without thinking. Like if I know I'm gonna have a huge dinner of calories and wine, I would be abstemious the rest of the day so the cals balance out. Instead of like I used to do where my rationale would be..."Oh I'm having an ass-buster meal tonight, the day is tanked, might as well go have a huge brekky and pound a Big Mac and fries at lunch since I'm splurging today." So the insult would be compounded by 3. :)