Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

No true IF this week for me-feasting week of Sukkot so I'm not technically fasting because it is contradictory to my spiritual beliefs this week. However I will be heavily hydrating first thing in the morning and I will eat when I feel the need but stop eating earlier in the evenings when I can help it.

@sillykitty dinner looked fabulous!!! I'd soon gobble that down! Was it sweet at all? I haven't had Thai in so long because of the sugar they add to all the sauces. :( I do miss it!

@GreenTealael What is Sukkoth? I could google it, but would rather your abridged version. Mazels!

No real IF yesterday from a food type, but I did end up going 14/10 between eating first and last meals yesterday, so defacto IF.

Today is Game 5 of our playoffs. I'm thinking about fasting until the game if possible. Don't know if I will make it or if it would even be considered a true fast--or if I should say eff it. I'm fighting off a cold and I take what we call "eukaneuba" every 4 hours lol. It's actually Sambucus Elderberry Extract Ultra Concentrated - standardized to 5000mg per dose. It is a natural anti-bac/anti-viral and works great if your immune system is flagging as well. If you take it early enough, you can skip the infection entirely. If you don't get it early and develop full-blown symptoms, it will shorten the duration and severity of the infection. Works so great on cold and flus.

But there is a little natural sugar/carb in it from the extract (it's extract, glycerine, water)...so I wonder if it shuts down the autophagy part of the fast or not?

7 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

No true IF this week for me-feasting week of Sukkot so I'm not technically fasting because it is contradictory to my spiritual beliefs this week. However I will be heavily hydrating first thing in the morning and I will eat when I feel the need but stop eating earlier in the evenings when I can help it.

It's interesting how some religions Celebrate spiritual feasting/fasting (I'm Catholic) and others don't.

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

It's interesting how some religions Celebrate spiritual feasting/fasting (I'm Catholic) and others don't.

Me2!!! :) I fast during Lent on Friday's and Ash Wednesday and during Holy Week as appropriate. I used to give up meat on Fridays. Maybe I will go back to doing that...hmmm.

Funny--my mom used to refer to us Catholics as "Jews with the Messiah."

Edited by FluffyChix

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Me2!!! :) I fast during Lent on Friday's and Ash Wednesday and during Holy Week as appropriate. I used to give up meat on Fridays. Maybe I will go back to doing that...hmmm.

Lent sure was easy this year! Though, I'm not sure that was the point. ;)

Sukkot is a traditional feasting week in Hebrew culture to commemorate the nomadic period between leaving Egypt and entering Canaan (promised land), when we lived in Shanti like structures in barren land. The reminder is that the Creator fufilled his promise so when my ancestors entered into fertile land we then had agriculture and harvesting so Celebrate with feasting but never forget our humble beginnings. Present times we do the same here in the diaspora and the land. We spend as much time as possible in the booth like structures and we still celebrate with feasting and memorializing our history.

Edited by GreenTealael

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Sukkot is a traditional feasting week in Hebrew culture to commemorate the point the nomadic period between leaving Egypt and entering Canaan (promised land), when we lived in Shanti like structures in barren land. The reminder is that the Creator fufilled his promise so when my ancestors entered into fertile land we then had agriculture and harvesting so Celebrate with feasting but never forget our humble beginnings. Present times we do the same here in the diaspora and the land. We spend as much time as possible in the booth like structures and we still Celebrate with feasting and memorializing our history.

That's beautiful! Happy Sukkot then!!! Is that what you say? Are you doing anything fun with family or friends? Do you have a special Shabat for it?

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

That's beautiful! Happy Sukkot then!!! Is that what you say? Are you doing anything fun with family or friends? Do you have a special Shabat for it?

Thanks!

We go to Temple/Synagogue then the rest of days low key feasting at home it with others.

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@sillykitty dinner looked fabulous!!! I'd soon gobble that down! Was it sweet at all? I haven't had Thai in so long because of the sugar they add to all the sauces. :( I do miss it!

Nope, not sweet. No need to avoid Thai food, there are plenty of really yummy Protein based dishes, not sweet at all. It helps if you go to a place that has some focus on Northern Thai dishes. But some are Larb, Nam Tok, Nam Sot, Crying Tiger, Nam Kao Tod, Thai Jerky. Of course most places have stuffed wings, satay, and Thai BBQ. I do eat curry. When I'm being good, I of course have no rice and ok with the sauce that clings to the meat a veggies, even though it is both sweet and fatty, but I figure it's not much.

Here are some of my MFP entries for these dishes

5ba7c2b1ae112_ScreenShot09-23-18at09_38AM.PNG.870d1c6ef93f01f15d3a95a2ef67f5a1.PNG5ba7c2b250972_ScreenShot09-23-18at09_40AM.PNG.31d768cc4e8379a8f197e09f91e388f8.PNG5ba7c2b2b27bb_ScreenShot09-23-18at09_42AM.PNG.88bc6154cf6c3f88d59cc1837227cede.PNG

Of course these are just rough estimations. I know the Nam Sod (Sot) has more carbs than listed (it has peanuts), and don't think the Nam Tok has as many carbs as listed. But they are lean and protein based, so good choices no matter what.

Had another good day yesterday. Ate within a 5 hr window, and hit all my Protein, Fluid, supplement goals.

It was a hungry day though, once I broke my fast! I had one weighed serving of rice cakes. Those made it into the house from the ill conceived Aldi visit. :blush: Totally sliders and I was severely tempted to go back for more! I had to get them out of the house, so I gave them to my neighbor. :lol:

Today should be a good day for IF. But going to a street fair. So food choices may not be great, and/or I may not make good choices. I also most likely will not hit fluid goals, cause, porta potties are not an option for me!

scale is back down again, almost to what I have listed on here :blush:

Thanks for those tips on Thai!! They sound great!!! And the carbs are not obnoxious!!! Congrats on being back to listed weight. Woooohooooooo!!!!! Go IF! Go @sillykitty!!!

The street fair sounds fun. LOL on porta potties! :o:blink:

I've no prediction of my day/night cuz of the baseball game. But on the up side, LOL, they do have beautifully clean potties!!! :D

Edited by FluffyChix