Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

49 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

If it was that level of choice... those tacos better be soft wrapped around hard... LOL

That would be a Double Decker Taco. I know this because apparently @FluffyChix & I were both at Taco Bell last night :blush:

28 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

That would be a Double Decker Taco. I know this because apparently @FluffyChix & I were both at Taco Bell last night :blush:

Dang I wanted a DDT, but had to make "deals" with "the boss" ;) haha, to even get the car to stop at TB...I began by saying, 2 crispy tacos each and wound up getting 3 each. I thought I was doing good with that and shouldn't push it for the DDT.

(BTW I didn't eat three--I did eat 2 full tacos + about 2 bites of the third before throwing it away and pouring dish soap on it. I was then pretty miserable for a couple of hours...) :(

Edited by FluffyChix

20 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I think maybe you and I have similar triggers. :( Dayum, I wouldn't wish that on anyone! haha!

It really sounds like you're at burnout phase. ((hugs)) I think you should try doing your moderate approach to IF like 14-16hour fasts, then eat regularly, following your surgeon's rules: Protein first, low glycemic veg and fat, plus carbs at the end if you still have room or want them and see how it goes. Quit ordering off the appetizer menu, quit ordering chicken if that's not what you want...And keep your cals in the 800-1000 range-ish. No beer or alcohol. *sniff* Cuz you know, misreh loves company! ;) And keep track of it here!

I think that's the cool thing about this thread is that we are kind of n=? how many are doing IF from this thread and we should all post our experiences so others might learn or have a light bulb moment. You know?

I def think your weight gain is beer related and if you go clean for the next 3-4 days you will be down those 4 and who knows, maybe another one as well?

UGGGGGH on the late night food runs! I swear I thought about you as we were sitting in Taco Bell last night. LOL.

Moderate IF is really how I am most days with zero effort, going way back before WLS. If I'm not having a work related Breakfast, then I generally don't eat until near noon.

But, my short term, totally non scientific result, show that IF alone, without moderating what I eat/drink and the cals I take in, does not lead to weight loss, for me.

If I get my head in the game. I can eat reasonably well and healthfully for the next 1.5 weeks. I have work travel, but it's not the "wine and dine" variety, so I can control that better. After that it's two weeks, plus a weekend of really challenging eating and drinking due to work and personal commitments, and then pasta/gelato/wine vacation.

But although work makes it more challenging. It's really about me recommitting to eating better, and I'm just not there right now :blush:

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Dang I wanted a DDT, but had to make "deals" with "the boss" ;) haha, to even get the car to stop at TB...I began by saying, 2 crispy tacos each and wound up getting 3 each. I thought I was doing good with that and shouldn't push it for the DDT.

Oh man ... I kind of wish I had some sort of external pressure to "shame" me, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Moderate IF is really how I am most days with zero effort, going way back before WLS. If I'm not having a work related Breakfast, then I generally don't eat until near noon.

But, my short term, totally non scientific result, show that IF alone, without moderating what I eat/drink and the cals I take in, does not lead to weight loss, for me.

If I get my head in the game. I can eat reasonably well and healthfully for the next 1.5 weeks. I have work travel, but it's not the "wine and dine" variety, so I can control that better. After that it's two weeks, plus a weekend of really challenging eating and drinking due to work and personal commitments, and then pasta/gelato/wine vacation.

But although work makes it more challenging. It's really about me recommitting to eating better, and I'm just not there right now :blush:

I get it. ((hugs)) What do you think it's gonna take to get your there? Sometimes I have to re-invent games for myself to keep my head in it. Honestly, that's what I'm doing with IF--hoping it will re-ignite that burnin' burnin' love! LOL.

24 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

(BTW I didn't eat three--I did eat 2 full tacos + about 2 bites of the third before throwing it away and pouring dish soap on it. I was then pretty miserable for a couple of hours...) :(

Miserable because of the tacos you ate or the one you didn't?

6 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Miserable because of the tacos you ate or the one you didn't?

Yes. :) hehe. But mostly about the ones I ate. They made me nauseous I think from either too much fat or too many carbs at once? Dunno. You would think that would be enough negative reinforcement to cement not eating them. Apparently it takes learning the lesson a few times to get this. :(

I may have misunderstood. You said:

I don't know right now, I really don't feel like getting back on the chicken breast train.

I just assumed it was due to boredom of it all.

Sorry to have misunderstood.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I get it. ((hugs)) What do you think it's gonna take to get your there? Sometimes I have to re-invent games for myself to keep my head in it. Honestly, that's what I'm doing with IF--hoping it will re-ignite that burnin' burnin' love! LOL.

I wish I knew what it will take.

I'm just taking it an hour at a time, lol.

Today is good so far, doing IF, haven't had anything to eat/drink yet today. Not hungry, and cravings are under control. So, yay?

3 minutes ago, esskay77 said:

I may have misunderstood. You said:

I don't know right now, I really don't feel like getting back on the chicken breast train.

I just assumed it was due to boredom of it all.

Sorry to have misunderstood.

That was actually me.

My diet is actually quite varied, so it's not boredom, it's just ... I don't know ....

7 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

That was actually me.

My diet is actually quite varied, so it's not boredom, it's just ... I don't know ....

Maybe you could reach out to some of the veterans and ask for advice on keeping your motivation going? I'm sure they've all hit that wall at times.

Eating tacos right now... Well I guess it's really more of a burrito...

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Eating tacos right now... Well I guess it's really more of a burrito...

Stupid app didn't attach the photo1537393943644.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

That looks delicious.

Great timing for looking at this pic, I have a tummy full of Jerky, so not too tempted to make a taco run!

12 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Damn that looks amazing. I made it past the witching hour and am on the downhill stretch to having 1 meal today with a 23-ish/1. I would (WARNING: I'm so hungry my ghetto-speak is being expressed...runaway! runaway!) cut a b***h for it! :lol::lol::unsure: LOL!