Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone

It has been a week and 5 hours since my op.Ive weighed myself and ive lost 9 and a half pounds.I have been doing liq and dutch crispbreads and have not had any problems.The only thing is i thought i would be a wee bit constipated becouse i read that on here but ive been the oppisite.(hope no one is having dinner).Get stitches out friday ,still a bit stiff and cant sleep on my side yet but that will come.Im going to try to introduce eggs tomorrow to give me a wee bit diffrent texture that would be 8 days so i think it will be ok .If anyone wants to post what they started eating and when i would be interested to find out

Hi guys,

Hope your all well. I'm away from home just wondering if any one has Fredrick's or the other guys contact details handy.

Had a fill 2 weeks ago which brings it up to 8.25 ml . I thought finally got restriction which was great been eating less and lost 9lb in 5 days.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last few days the band has tightened more I cant even take Water I just bring it up again, feeling rubbish too with high temperature :(

Has any one been through this or any advice in what to do will be greatful.

thanks.

Jasmine

Hi everyone

It has been a week and 5 hours since my op.Ive weighed myself and ive lost 9 and a half pounds.I have been doing liq and dutch crispbreads and have not had any problems.The only thing is i thought i would be a wee bit constipated becouse i read that on here but ive been the oppisite.(hope no one is having dinner).Get stitches out friday ,still a bit stiff and cant sleep on my side yet but that will come.Im going to try to introduce eggs tomorrow to give me a wee bit diffrent texture that would be 8 days so i think it will be ok .If anyone wants to post what they started eating and when i would be interested to find out

Hi Sara,

Well done on your weight loss so far :)

I waited 10 days before introducing mushies and it was really mushy like mashed potatoes and gravy. I tried eggs and they got stuck, even now they still get stuck so I stay away from them but some people can manage them. I also had stovies and mince mixed in with potatoes, anything really with quite a smooth consistency.....soup also is a good choice :) I built up the consistency every week until I managed solids (most solids anyway) Its really just trial and error.

I am getting my second fill tomorrow....so far lost 24lbs but stayed the same for a few weeks and can pretty much eat full portions and snack so hoping this will give me some restriction but im glad I havent put on. xxx

Hi all,

I am 4 weeks post op on solids. eat 3 times a day up to 3 oz meals sometimes even less than 3 oz just feel so full and stay full up to 4-5 hours. feel well, back to work after 3 weeks. so far lost 23 lb, happy days!!!!!!! life is so nice, every pound off motivate me even more.

going for my first fill next week.

nice to talk to you all again.

blondy

hi slinky how are you!!

its gone very quite here where is everybody?

how is the weight loss are u having anymore fill??

still no weight lost on my side after my fourth fill i can't go to have another untill end of march but i am a bit worrid in case i have a leak as i am eatting more as i use to!

anyways take care.

hi laila160,

have you heard about 5 DAY POUCH TEST .you have to try it. it will get you back on track.thaT is a fantastic solution to get back to some regime and to start to feel your pouch when you are hungry.

LET US KNOW.I lost 5 lb ib that 5 days. It really is worth trying.

blondy

Hi All

Thanks for advice charlene you and blondinurse are doing great.I dont really feel hungry but i dont feel full either but im taking small portions and eating very slow.I must be doing something right.I think i will take your advice for now and stay away from eggs for another couple of days.

Slink how are you doing with your fill.I havent seen mummsie on for a bit shes maybe busy with school ect.:D

I had my first fill today and I put on 1lb which im not going to cry about cos I can eat just about anything...actually surprised it wasnt more lol! So thats me now got 5ml in my band, see how that goes :)

Yeah Sara aslong as you chew chew chew then you shouldnt really have any problems but its a bummer when you find out what gets stuck. Another for me is tuna, had a painful experience with that and ive never attempted bread but dont think I will tbh.

Ive not heard of the 5day pouch test...sounds good!

xx

Hi guys,

Hope your all well. I'm away from home just wondering if any one has Fredrick's or the other guys contact details handy.

Had a fill 2 weeks ago which brings it up to 8.25 ml . I thought finally got restriction which was great been eating less and lost 9lb in 5 days.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last few days the band has tightened more I cant even take Water I just bring it up again, feeling rubbish too with high temperature :(

Has any one been through this or any advice in what to do will be greatful.

thanks.

Jasmine

I had a similar problem recently, I had a defill at my local hospital but yesterday Frederick said that if it happens again you should drink cold drinks as they can reduce stomach swelling (like running your finger under a cold tap after you hit it with a hammer!) and not to have anything hot until you can swallow again.

His email is: frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Good luck! x

Thnks Slinky and Blondynurse,

at times when one get low it is good to know that there are people out there to support you!

Blondy i haven't heard of pouch test i will tr to google it but will be glad if you can give me more information on it.

thanks

hi laila160,

have you heard about 5 DAY POUCH TEST .you have to try it. it will get you back on track.thaT is a fantastic solution to get back to some regime and to start to feel your pouch when you are hungry.

LET US KNOW.I lost 5 lb ib that 5 days. It really is worth trying.

blondy

Hello all

I know I haven't been on for a little while, been caught up with extra days in school, yoga classes and half term.

Congrats to everyone who has been for their surgery, hope you are recovering and TAKING it easy!!!

I've caught up with the thread.

So sorry Freckles to hear the sad news about your daughter and her partner do hope they have been put in contact with the right organisations that will support them through their loss. If not then PM me and I will send you an email with the links for them.

Well weight wise I seemed to have slowed a little which in some ways is good as it has been a bit of a downhill rollercoaster for 28 weeks. I am 1/2 a pound off of 70 pounds loss which I am really pleased about. I have managed a few solids along the way but still mainly Protein rich Soup, some yoghurt, aptimals (oops I think I have spent a few too many days around my baby groups) should be actimels! herbalife shakes when I can get it down, and a little bit of cheese (only now and then as it is a little tricky at times) IYKWIM

So have a fill booked for the 10th March and looking forward to that. Feel great otherwise and full of beans!

Wil endeavour to come back as soon as possible when pace of life slows a little and gives me a chance.

Take care and look after yourselves.

Claire x

Well I went to Edinburgh on Thursday for another fill - total confusion between the Doctors as Dr Chris and his sidekick Chris don't pass on information to each other .... Dr Chris thought I had 5 mls in my band when I know I have 7 mls - could have led to some serious complications had we not discussed it, only poor thing I have ever had to say about the service,

I got a .5ml top up so now have 7.5ml in my 7ml band and although can feel some restriction its not where I thought it would be but will see how it goes. I am only keeping it at this level for 4 weeks as going on honeymoon in 4 weeks so need a de-fill before flying, this band is more expensive than I imagined it would be - now have had 5 fills and will need another few before I get on track I think but hey ho such is life.

delighted to read everyones stories on their weight loss - Claire your doing really well - fantastic.

Good luck to those of you who are just starting your journey I am sure, like the rest of us, it will be the best decision you have ever made.

I am hoping to lose at least 7 lbs in next 4 weeks so will keep you all posted

Kerry xx

going on honeymoon in 4 weeks

I am hoping to lose at least 7 lbs in next 4 weeks so will keep you all posted

Fingers crossed that you lose a little more than 7lbs and have a fantastic honeymoon. Are you going somewhere nice?

All the best

Clairex

Fingers crossed that you lose a little more than 7lbs and have a fantastic honeymoon. Are you going somewhere nice?

All the best

Clairex

We are off to Singapore and Australia for 4 weeks - holiday of a lifetime really.

Just been out hillwalking with my 2 dogs, came back and tried a few spoonsfuls of mushie but nope it came right back up so maybe I have now got restriction at last - would appear it has taken 48 hours to kick in - fingers crossed the weight will start shifting now

I was 40 this week to and it felt great to be 3 stone lighter on my 40th birthday than I was on my 39th so although slower than I thought it keeps going in the right direction, if I lose another 3 stone this year I will be almost at target and would be delighted

Keep up your good work Claire

Kerry xx

Thanks emsey for the information. I ended up going to my local hospital with dehydration was put on a drip then in the morning they did an x-ray had to drink that awful drink so that it shows up in the x-ray.

The guy said its totally closed nothing is going through. They took 6ml out and left only 2.5 felt like crying, took me nearly a year to get to my restriction.

I lost a stone in 2 weeks felt great, now having no restriction it will go back on. Will try extra hard not to eat too much lol.

I asked the gastric band surgeon why for sudden the band tightened he just said sometimes it does that for no reason.

It was scary not being able to eat or drink and please dont wait like me, more then 2 days for de- fill things could have been very dangerouse if i left it any longer.

Everyone is doing so well, love reading ur post keep it up.

Hi

I haven't been on here for ages, glad to hear that everyone is still losing - keep up the good work.

Freckles, sorry to hear your sad news.

My weight loss has slowed right down but I am eating full meals in most cases without ny problems so I think it is time for my second fill next time the clinic comes to Glasgow. The only thing I struggle to eat is bread, in any form. I am currently disgusted with myself after stuffing my face with a pkt of walkers sensations - family size after my dinner.< /p>

I really need a good push to get back on track. I think that is why I loged back into the forum to get insparation from everyone. I struggled to find the forum - what have they done to it?

I don't think Chris is back in Glasgow for another couple of weeks so I will need to find something o do o sop me eating rubbish.

Take care

Shaz