Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

HI all,

Well its just over one year since I was banded and I am rather disappointed. I have only lost 17 lbs and even when having a cup of tea I vomit most days!

I was due to see Dr Chris tomorrow in London but he has had to cancel coming and the other Chris is coming instead. I have canceled as want to talk to Dr Chris.

However, I am away for work from Tuesday until October half way across the world.... ahhhhhh...

Any thoughts?

JB

nice to see some of the original bandsters back your doing so well puddle and bobo,been so busy latley i will have to go back and read all post to catch up lol,well my weight has froze at the min so think i will go for a fill in april as there not comming to ireland in march :angry: so i will just have to wait,roll on april xx hope all the rest of you are doing ok

HI all,

Well its just over one year since I was banded and I am rather disappointed. I have only lost 17 lbs and even when having a cup of tea I vomit most days!

I was due to see Dr Chris tomorrow in London but he has had to cancel coming and the other Chris is coming instead. I have canceled as want to talk to Dr Chris.

However, I am away for work from Tuesday until October half way across the world.... ahhhhhh...

Any thoughts?

JB

sorry to hear that hun have you had them take the fluids out to see how much you have in to make sure there isnt a leak,how much have you got in ? maybe you need a bit out cause your not eating enough xx

Hi All

Thats me three weeks in i only lost 1 pound this week but im ok with that as iv lost 15 lbs now.I dont have much restiction maybe 10% i tried half slice of bread yesterday and it went down ok.I got a calorie counter book today and im going to keep a note of my calories and i got a pedometer. i have been reading some of the older bansters posts makes for interesting reading i wonder how some of them are getting on now two years in.Feckels do you still keep intouch with gillian and big sister.Im going for my first fill next friday so hope everything goes ok.Has anyone had a fill by freddie as there was some posts saying that they wernt to happy with his service there was one lady who had 6 fills and 7.75ml in her band and still had no restriction and other people saying it was a bit like a convar belt he did not give you enough time to ask any questions ect.However i have not herd a bad word about him since i started on this post .

Hi slinky how are you getting on its really quiet on here

Hope everyone is keeping well :P

hi sara im fine hun,freddy is great he dosnt talk as much as chris deprez and is strict with the first couple of fill's i dont think peeps are unhappy with him i just think it's the way he is chris is more chatty and will try and get more in and freddy wants to make sure he dosnt over fill you xx

Thanks for your reply, it makes so much sense now as it does seem to be the times im rushing that it happens. Lesson learnt, for now anyway lol x

Well done on your weight loss puddlejumper the time is not long in flying in is it.Its a great feeling trying on clothes and them fitting you no problems.I can remember i was 4xl now im in large.I still see myself going into a clothes shop and going straight to the back of the rail looking for the bigest size lol

Like puddlej said to the ones starting the journey go for it you wont regret it.For me it was the best money i have ever spent it was not easy but well worth it.

Hi echarlenex the slimming stuff that comes back up is when you have not chewed your food up or eaten to quick.When your band gets full up or blocked your body tries to break up the blockage by producing extra saliva and because it cant get past the food the only way is up.If i can give you one tip is as soon as you feel the feeling of the slime coming back up dont eat or drink anything untill the feeling passes.I have got to learn how the band works for me and once you master that it gets alot easier.I still bring back up food now and again especially when im in restaraunts as i feel rushed but you will get used to the feeling and know when to stop.Hope this helps.

Evening all

I went to the London clinic today it was very quiet when I arrived.

Saw Chris Deprez and he was really surprised but pleased that I had lost so much. His face was a picture! I had the band in July 31st 2010 for those that are new and had my first fill in September (which Chris Deprez did) and then another in October (Frederik) - what I would call the killer fill as it knocked me for sixth and since I have only been able to eat ... rather drink liquids and hence I have dropped 70lbs. Still only really managing liquids but seem stuck at 5 stone loss and wanted to gently kick start it so small fill to gently nudge it.

So I ventured back today and had 0.5ml and I was able to drink sips of Water and not have it pool yippee a gentle fill. So will see now whether we can shift the last 30 pounds and I will review over the next 6 weeks. I will book for another fill at the beginning of May probably the 5th.

Anyway managed a bowl of Soup and feeling super.

Back soon.

Take care

Claire x

Hi all

claire hope your new fill goes ok and you get your last 30 pounds of.Thanks for advice about fills im going to write down everything i want to ask and im going to make sure i get the max fill i can for my first one or it could be very expensive as i have to take day off work and travel to glasgow.

Hi slinks how much have you lost now. My hubby will be in your neck of woods next week (derry) for st paddys day him and my brothers and nephews go every year to a diffrent part of Ireland for a Knees up they like the guiness and folk music.They always have a great time and need a few more days of work when they get back.B)

Well its my birthday on sat and instead of tucking into a meal and chocs and wine im going for a spa day with my sister :D

and iv booked with my dentist to have my teeth whiten.Im good to myself.

I think i had my first stuck and slime thing today i was so hungry when i came home from work i ate a bit of chicken to fast so i guess band is working.The last time i said i was only having a wee bit of retriction but although i can eat anything im very aware of what i eat and normally very slowly so in a way it is working and i only eat half the amount i used to.So bring on first fill.B)

Its good to hear from everyone .

Take care everyone i will post next week .

claire hope your new fill goes ok and you get your last 30 pounds of.Thanks for advice about fills im going to write down everything i want to ask and im going to make sure i get the max fill i can for my first one or it could be very expensive as i have to take day off work and travel to glasgow.

Well its my birthday on sat and instead of tucking into a meal and chocs and wine im going for a spa day with my sister :D

and iv booked with my dentist to have my teeth whiten.Im good to myself.

I think i had my first stuck and slime thing today i was so hungry when i came home from work i ate a bit of chicken to fast so i guess band is working.The last time i said i was only having a wee bit of retriction but although i can eat anything im very aware of what i eat and normally very slowly so in a way it is working and i only eat half the amount i used to.So bring on first fill.B)

Excellent, have a very happy birthday and enjoy your spa day.

I think I might have just found a treat will book when I get to 75 pounds. A lovely day at the spa - thanks for the wonderful idea.

How much have you lost up till now?

Take care and post soon.

Claire x

Well tomorrow is my bandiversary and I have to say I am delighted to be 3.5 stones lighter than I was this time last year.

Like everyone says it has been by now means an easy ride and I had expected it come off slightly quicker than it has but I did have a 5 month period when through ill health and other problems I was unable to get a fill so should be happy with my progress overall

If I lose another 3.5 stone in the next twelve months I will be delighted.

I have to say I am a much fitter and happier person than I was 12 months ago, I am now in a comfortable size 16, have taken up hill walking and often spend 6 hours a day at weekends trailing the hills with my wonderful new hubby and our dogs, I struggled to walk round the park 12 months ago and I have never looked at a cigarette in over 15 months now - I stopped so I could have the band fitted, so all in all I am really happy with my progress

Anyone considering having the band then I am sure you will like me, find it to be the best decision you have ever made.

Me and hubby are off to Singapore and Australia in 2 weeks time for our honeymoon, 4 weeks of heaven again something I would never have managed before - mainly because we both smoked and just would never have been able to afford it - so this band has been a win win for my whole family

delighted to see some of the oldies back on - nice to hear from you Bobo and PJ. Bobo your story along with Gary and Freckles were the ones that inspired me to make the biggest decision of my life and I am delighted with the results so far

Good luck to all the new bandees

Kerry x

hi my name is michelle i were banded on the 7/7/2009 i were 21 hath stone but now am 14 to 15 some weeks 14 others 15 , i had it done by Bruyne Chris in belgium, i had my fills in harly street london they are 90 a time ore they do special deals for 6 ore 12 month with unlimimted fills, i have not manidged to sighn in on lap talk for nearly a year so every one i new has gone ,

Hello all

Has been a little quiet on here hasn't it.

Had fill on Thirsday and Friday & Saturday good days have lost 1.5 pounds so far. Today hasn't been great, feel very tight and have had a little pooling again, still on liquids and lots of slime as only managing to keep a little bit down.

So seems to be working, will keep an eye on it.

Anyway, where is everyone?

Hope you have a good weekend.

Take care

Claire

Well done on your weight loss puddlejumper the time is not long in flying in is it.Its a great feeling trying on clothes and them fitting you no problems.I can remember i was 4xl now im in large.I still see myself going into a clothes shop and going straight to the back of the rail looking for the bigest size lol

Like puddlej said to the ones starting the journey go for it you wont regret it.For me it was the best money i have ever spent it was not easy but well worth it.

Hi echarlenex the slimming stuff that comes back up is when you have not chewed your food up or eaten to quick.When your band gets full up or blocked your body tries to break up the blockage by producing extra saliva and because it cant get past the food the only way is up.If i can give you one tip is as soon as you feel the feeling of the slime coming back up dont eat or drink anything untill the feeling passes.I have got to learn how the band works for me and once you master that it gets alot easier.I still bring back up food now and again especially when im in restaraunts as i feel rushed but you will get used to the feeling and know when to stop.Hope this helps.

Hi bobo

congrats on your weight loss.Did i read that you got your fills by the wls group i got my band in feb and cant make the glasgow clinic this month and i was considering using wls i also heard they do fills every 2 weeks if needed is that true and do you know when thay will be back in glasgow (im from ayr).

Hi bobo

congrats on your weight loss.Did i read that you got your fills by the wls group i got my band in feb and cant make the glasgow clinic this month and i was considering using wls i also heard they do fills every 2 weeks if needed is that true and do you know when thay will be back in glasgow (im from ayr).

Hi sara thanks.Yes i got my first fill done with dr chris then went to wls for my fills as it worked out alot cheaper for the six months package that they do.Wls do there fills every two weeks in london but for the rest of the country it is once per month,Wendy who does the fills is really nice and very good at her job.I dont know when they are back in glasgow as i have not been for a fill for all most a year as i am happy where i am at the moment but if you click the link it should tell you a bit more about them.Or if you need any more info just ask.Bobo www.wlsgroup.co.uk/aftercare

Thanks very much scooby doo thats nice .You have done very well yourself and congrat on your bandversity.Im sure you will get the next 3,5st off no probs keep up the good work.

Hi All

Well its now been 4 weeks since i got my band its went in really fast.I lost 2 1/4 pounds this week so thats 16 pounds in total.I had a few treats last week as it was my birthday but obviously the band is still doing its magic.

It was great to hear from all the old bandsters and know they are still doing good B)

Thanks bobo for info about wls i just missed them they were in Glasgow on wed so im going to try to organise my work so i can go on fri to freddy i have an appointment its just that i had a meeting that day and i did not want to wait another month for my fill as its my first.

I know a lot of people say you dont get any resriction with your first fill but i live in hope.I was wondering if enyone did.

I had a great time on sat at the spa day and had a nice light lunch there also but must confess to a few cocktails and some wine :D

Where has blondi,and feckles,slinky gone :rolleyes: