Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing ok?

So after feeling very chuffed with myself at my weight loss in recent weeks, I was at the docs on Monday with Hubby following an op to get his dressing changed, and when our Doc came in to check the wound she says straight away to hubby "well you could do with losing a few pounds" then turned, looked me up and down and said "hmmm you could as well"! I was absolutely taken aback and stated that I had lost over 5 and a half stone, she replied "obviously a way to go then"!

I was stunned, escpecially as she is not a small woman either, and she then twigged who I was and said "oh yeah the gastric band, it seems to work then" and that I needed to remember to go back and see her about the IVF when I have shifted the rest of my weight! I pointed out that I am just a stone away now from the guideline limit for weight and BMI for treatment and she again looked me up and down and said "Really?".

I don't think I have ever been so shocked by someones comment, and the nurse who was tending to Hubs just stood there open mouthed and then apologised for my Doc when she left the room with the final comment to both of us to "get on the salads"

Well I booked my appointment with her for the the 14th March as I left the surgery, and when I go back I have a good mind to make her get on the scales as well and see who out of the pair of us is lighter and actually doing something about it!

Needless to say I am not feeling very confident now about her response and whether I can now convince her to refer us again as she still clearly thinks I am too fat,

Gutted, but fingers crossed eh

C x

Oh hon

your gp sounds like a right b*tch...some people can be so nasty!! :angry:

she obviously has a problem.

switch gps. You don't need that. you are doing something positive and she may be just resentful and jealous. don't let the likes of her knock you. you are doing so well xx

Hi all

Well thats me two weeks with my band and ive weighed this morning and ive lost four and a half pounds so thats a stone in two weeks so im very happy i dident think i would have lost that much becouse i got my monthly last night.Also to share a wee bit news with you,my husband puts on a wee football bet on a saturday and this sat the player was not playing so he left his slip in the kitchen and i put it in the bin and then had to fish it back out and he put it on on sunday and won £755 pounds Huraaaaaaaaa becouse he is so lovely he gave me £500 and £55 for our wee girl .Remember a few weeks back i was moaning about saving for op and not having hair done for ages ect.Well i treated my self to cut/colour and nails done new make/up and saved the rest for somthing to wear in a few weeks happy days :)

Well done that's great bet you are really pleased.

Great on the ticket bet you are glad that you pulled it out of the bin!!!!

Enjoy.

Claire

Claire

My daughter finishes school this year and I promised her a girly holiday of her choice. She chose a cruiseround Italy and Greece (that'll teach me!) so we are off in June.

Sarah,

I have had one fill so far back in October so I have probably waited too long between them. I am going to book for the 18 March so I might see you there. You are absolutely right. What is the point of going through the op if we don't hang in there and stick it out. I have been much better behaved today and the band is trying to tell me something as I was sick after one spoon of rice tonight which is unusual for me.

Shaz

That's lovely, enjoy I am sure that you will. I have this pleasure to come. Myt fdaughetr ha=s just been allocated her secondary school and we got the school of choice - thank goodness.

Glad the band is letting you know! Take care and enjoy

Claire

So after feeling very chuffed with myself at my weight loss in recent weeks, I was at the docs on Monday with Hubby following an op to get his dressing changed, and when our Doc came in to check the wound she says straight away to hubby "well you could do with losing a few pounds" then turned, looked me up and down and said "hmmm you could as well"! I was absolutely taken aback and stated that I had lost over 5 and a half stone, she replied "obviously a way to go then"!

I was stunned, escpecially as she is not a small woman either, and she then twigged who I was and said "oh yeah the gastric band, it seems to work then" and that I needed to remember to go back and see her about the IVF when I have shifted the rest of my weight! I pointed out that I am just a stone away now from the guideline limit for weight and BMI for treatment and she again looked me up and down and said "Really?".

I don't think I have ever been so shocked by someones comment, and the nurse who was tending to Hubs just stood there open mouthed and then apologised for my Doc when she left the room with the final comment to both of us to "get on the salads"

Well I booked my appointment with her for the the 14th March as I left the surgery, and when I go back I have a good mind to make her get on the scales as well and see who out of the pair of us is lighter and actually doing something about it!

Needless to say I am not feeling very confident now about her response and whether I can now convince her to refer us again as she still clearly thinks I am too fat,

This is just dreadful, I am appalled to think that a professional would talk or treat you in this manner.

Did you have your weight recorded at the surgery before the op? If you did then perhaps book in with the practice nurse and have her record your new weight.

Is there another GP you could see?

Just remember that if you have already been referred in to the IVF route then this stands and you may be ale to approach the Consultant directly. Where abouts are you based? North South England Scotland, Wales etc

Do hope that your appointment is ok and take no s*it as she should know better particularly when there is so much at stake. Perhaps you may even be fortunate to fall pregnant naturally - my fingers are crossed.

take care and be positive and strong you beautiful woman!

This is just dreadful, I am appalled to think that a professional would talk or treat you in this manner.

Did you have your weight recorded at the surgery before the op? If you did then perhaps book in with the practice nurse and have her record your new weight.

Is there another GP you could see?

Just remember that if you have already been referred in to the IVF route then this stands and you may be ale to approach the Consultant directly. Where abouts are you based? North South England Scotland, Wales etc

Do hope that your appointment is ok and take no s*it as she should know better particularly when there is so much at stake. Perhaps you may even be fortunate to fall pregnant naturally - my fingers are crossed.

take care and be positive and strong you beautiful woman!

Ah Thank you Claire and everyone, good to know it's not just me that thinks she was being a tad harsh.

Yeah my weight etc is well documented and has been since I was 19 cos of my PCOS etc, and we have already been down the route with consultants in the past, had all the tests etc done including hubs (he's fine, just me that doesn't work) and then it has all ground to a halt again because of the weight, hence why I did this, so feel quite gutted that my efforts are still not deemed to be good enough.

Really, really, really hoping that I fall pregnant naturally especially as my monthly's have returned 3 times in a row, which hasn't happened for years! Still don't appear to be ovulating so want to get prescribed Clomid again at least.

Just need to shift a few more pounds before I see her on the14th and try and convince her,

Will keep you all posted, and thanks for listening to my moans and offering support

xxx

OH Slinky it felt great even getting new make/up feels like a new start B)

it is a new start hun and you will be a babe before you know it xxx

Hi does anyone get this when they eat something......A few times I have eaten I get yuky slimy stuff in my throat and have to be sick, should i avoid foods that make me do this or am i not chewing properly. Cant wait to get my third fill this month cos im not getting as much restriction as i would like xx

Hi does anyone get this when they eat something......A few times I have eaten I get yuky slimy stuff in my throat and have to be sick, should i avoid foods that make me do this or am i not chewing properly. Cant wait to get my third fill this month cos im not getting as much restriction as i would like xx

Hello

Yes I have and I have had it a couple of hours after eating.

Once I have got rid I feel a lot better. I think there are some foods that generally produce this and it can happen randomly. Not a lot of help really. But just so that you know that there are others out there who sympathise.

Take care

Claire x

Ah thank you, kinda feel better that its not just me i was getting worried. I have only had it a few time but its in the middle of having food, maybe my punishment for not chewing long enough lol. Thanks xxx

Hello

Yes I have and I have had it a couple of hours after eating.

Once I have got rid I feel a lot better. I think there are some foods that generally produce this and it can happen randomly. Not a lot of help really. But just so that you know that there are others out there who sympathise.

Take care

Claire x

Hi fattypatty, have you tried duofertilly one of my friend tried it and she got pregnant she had only one ovary! if you want more information go on their site duofertilitty.

goodluck

Ah Thank you Claire and everyone, good to know it's not just me that thinks she was being a tad harsh.

Yeah my weight etc is well documented and has been since I was 19 cos of my PCOS etc, and we have already been down the route with consultants in the past, had all the tests etc done including hubs (he's fine, just me that doesn't work) and then it has all ground to a halt again because of the weight, hence why I did this, so feel quite gutted that my efforts are still not deemed to be good enough.

Really, really, really hoping that I fall pregnant naturally especially as my monthly's have returned 3 times in a row, which hasn't happened for years! Still don't appear to be ovulating so want to get prescribed Clomid again at least.

Just need to shift a few more pounds before I see her on the14th and try and convince her,

Will keep you all posted, and thanks for listening to my moans and offering support

xxx

Hi All

Thats me three weeks in i only lost 1 pound this week but im ok with that as iv lost 15 lbs now.I dont have much restiction maybe 10% i tried half slice of bread yesterday and it went down ok.I got a calorie counter book today and im going to keep a note of my calories and i got a pedometer. i have been reading some of the older bansters posts makes for interesting reading i wonder how some of them are getting on now two years in.Feckels do you still keep intouch with gillian and big sister.Im going for my first fill next friday so hope everything goes ok.Has anyone had a fill by freddie as there was some posts saying that they wernt to happy with his service there was one lady who had 6 fills and 7.75ml in her band and still had no restriction and other people saying it was a bit like a convar belt he did not give you enough time to ask any questions ect.However i have not herd a bad word about him since i started on this post .

Hi slinky how are you getting on its really quiet on here

Hope everyone is keeping well :P

Hi All

Thats me three weeks in i only lost 1 pound this week but im ok with that as iv lost 15 lbs now.I dont have much restiction maybe 10% i tried half slice of bread yesterday and it went down ok.I got a calorie counter book today and im going to keep a note of my calories and i got a pedometer. i have been reading some of the older bansters posts makes for interesting reading i wonder how some of them are getting on now two years in.Feckels do you still keep intouch with gillian and big sister.Im going for my first fill next friday so hope everything goes ok.Has anyone had a fill by freddie as there was some posts saying that they wernt to happy with his service there was one lady who had 6 fills and 7.75ml in her band and still had no restriction and other people saying it was a bit like a convar belt he did not give you enough time to ask any questions ect.However i have not herd a bad word about him since i started on this post .

Hi slinky how are you getting on its really quiet on here

Hope everyone is keeping well :P

Hello

It's very quiet, sure everyone will be back in to visit soon.

I have found the clinic in London to be busy with appointments every 10 mins. But if you need to ask questions then you ask. After all you are paying £80 for a consultation and a fill.

Hope you are finding the band ok and that it has settled down. I am due to go for my third fill tomorrow and pleased with the fact that I have nearly lost 70 pounds so looking to loose the last 31 pounds hopefully with this fill. I think it might prove to be a little elusive but I shall endeavour.

Anyway will pop in after tomorows appointment.

Take care and look after yourself.

All for now

Claire x

Pinkshaz, maybe you need another fill. Since my last one on 10th feb I am back to my pre-defill weight, albeit I have been ill with flu for about 3 weeks.

I cant eat hardly anything, but not feeling hungry so I dont care. Taking vits and whey Protein Drink every day so I dont get ill from lack of nourishment.

I was like you before I got to my sweet spot and could eat loads of crisps, not good. Not much nutrition in a bag of crisps.

maybe you need to look at that hunny.

Hi Freckles, thought s as today was my band anniversary I better show up and say hi to everyone. I can't believe it's a year ago today I had my band fitted by Dr Chris. I am so pleased I had it done even moreso of late since my last fill in Nov to get over the prolonged plateau I was on. I went to try a new shirt today and instead of being an 18" or 19" collar I fitted into an 16.5", what a shock but such a nice one. I bought a new overcoat the other week in "L" rather than XXL.

I would like to say good luck to anyone about to start their journey and suggest that they go for it. Hope you are doing ok too.

weight.png

Hi Freckles, thought s as today was my band anniversary I better show up and say hi to everyone. I can't believe it's a year ago today I had my band fitted by Dr Chris. I am so pleased I had it done even moreso of late since my last fill in Nov to get over the prolonged plateau I was on. I went to try a new shirt today and instead of being an 18" or 19" collar I fitted into an 16.5", what a shock but such a nice one. I bought a new overcoat the other week in "L" rather than XXL.

I would like to say good luck to anyone about to start their journey and suggest that they go for it. Hope you are doing ok too.

weight.png

Well done on your weight loss puddlejumper the time is not long in flying in is it.Its a great feeling trying on clothes and them fitting you no problems.I can remember i was 4xl now im in large.I still see myself going into a clothes shop and going straight to the back of the rail looking for the bigest size lol

Like puddlej said to the ones starting the journey go for it you wont regret it.For me it was the best money i have ever spent it was not easy but well worth it.

Hi echarlenex the slimming stuff that comes back up is when you have not chewed your food up or eaten to quick.When your band gets full up or blocked your body tries to break up the blockage by producing extra saliva and because it cant get past the food the only way is up.If i can give you one tip is as soon as you feel the feeling of the slime coming back up dont eat or drink anything untill the feeling passes.I have got to learn how the band works for me and once you master that it gets alot easier.I still bring back up food now and again especially when im in restaraunts as i feel rushed but you will get used to the feeling and know when to stop.Hope this helps.