Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Honybelle

Were you on meds for your high blood pressure when you got your band done.

Slinks you told me a wee while ago to ask for a pre med does this cost extra.

Mummsie I don't know why you have had so mush restriction,I only hope i have same success.Sorry about your wee one not being well,you dont really think about how it would affect someone with a band if they catch these bugs i suppose we will all have to be really carefull we dont get dehydrated ect as most of us have children.

scoobydoo I managed to get bovril and cupasoup from pound land thanks.

so pleased all has worked out i think you will be fine hun,and no you dont pay extra for pre med hun but they dont just willingly give it to you,but if you ask them they will sort it out with ya,and you give yourself a wee treat hun and think about all the treats you can get when you have had your op and are on your weight loss journey xx

Well week 27 and I can't quite believe the week I have had.

Started off Sunday evening with littlest throwing up and deciding I would stay home with him on Monday. Felt ghastly during the day and then started to throw up aswell so not great.

I wasn't able to keep Water down or any other liquids or food so feeling very sorry for myself and starting to get dehydrated, not good.

Managed a few sips on the Monday night and went to bed feeling exhausted. Tuesday no better really but managed small sips in day but kept being sick when I tried to eat. Eventually in the evening I gave up. Wednesday seemed to be better until I bent over ohh dear did I feel dizzy and light headed so took it really easy. Managed some Soup at lunchtime and didn't lose it so thought we're on the mend. Again for dinner I managed a cuppa soup but felt exhausted.

So it's Friday and I feel better (still not 100%) but have to be better as have to go to work.

Weighed and wohoo I have lost 3 lbs and 2.75 inches not surprised really because of the sickness but another 3.5 pounds and I have lost 70 pounds (5 stone) that's incredible and not to forget the inch loss aswell which is 56.75. Just amazing!

Anyway, see how we go this week and see if I can start to eat a little more I seemto have a break through on the solids front a few weeks ago and then nothing so will have another go this week coming.

Have a good weekend and enjoy.

poor you claire you have had a rough time of it,glad your starting to feel a bit better hun,but there has been loads of bugs going around i feel exhausted all the time,but it's prob lack of food,you are doing fab with weighloss and inches you go girl,you will have to put pic up soon you must look amazing now xx

Sorry to you all if i'm posting this in the wrong place.

I've now convinced myself that I should get a lap band fitted and from what I have read Dr Chris De Bryne is the man! I've been on and off diets over the last 20 years to no avail (i'm male, very nearly reaching the big "5 0" and currently weight 142kg).

I've not spoken with anyone and just wonder from making the big decision to have a lap band fitted what are the time scales involved! How quick in general can one get an appointment with Dr Chris (he must be a busy man) and after the initial appointment how long did you have to wait before you had the band fitted.

An idea of approx cost would be great to.

I'm 50 at the end of this month and want to start the next half century on a "lighter note"

I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section

Thanking everyone in advance

I've now convinced myself that I should get a lap band fitted and from what I have read Dr Chris De Bryne is the man! I've been on and off diets over the last 20 years to no avail (i'm male, very nearly reaching the big "5 0" and currently weight 142kg).

I've not spoken with anyone and just wonder from making the big decision to have a lap band fitted what are the time scales involved! How quick in general can one get an appointment with Dr Chris (he must be a busy man) and after the initial appointment how long did you have to wait before you had the band fitted.

I'm 50 at the end of this month and want to start the next half century on a "lighter note"

hi bkg you are indeed in the right place hun,we all know how you feel many of us have been there,and we ars so sick of falling off the diet wagon that we got a band,im thrilled with mine anyway time scale from when you contact dr chris manager frederik you can have you surgery within 4 weeks,you can have a consultation with him or go direct to belgium and have it the night before like i did but its up to you,the cost is 4150 euro which includes your hotel stay for 2 peeps,taxis and your surgery,you just get your own flights,you send them a deposit for 500 i think and pay the rest when you get there,i just paid mine all in one go so i didnt have to carry cash lol here is the email frederik.serneels@ecfs.be good luck and let us know how you get on and shout if you need more info

i think this is one of there websites have a nosey just copy and paste it lol www.ecfs.be/bss.php, by the way i think dr chris debruyne is the top surgeon in europe he defo is a good choice

Hi Wannabe Slinky

Much appreciated for your quick reply and sounding words, plus the web and email address.

I'm now going to crack on and send him an email today.

If i'm lucky (or unlucky), maybe I'll be spending my birthday with him (lol)

I'm sure i'm like alot of people in this situation, one you make that decision you just want to get it, the sooner the better etc

Thanks again

I'm now going to crack on and send him an email today.

If i'm lucky (or unlucky), maybe I'll be spending my birthday with him (lol)

I'm sure i'm like alot of people in this situation, one you make that decision you just want to get it, the sooner the better etc

Thanks again

Definately the best but also because of how he sites the band and that there is a reduced risk of slippage and erosion.

He's the best and other forums I post on have said the same as well.

Good luck hope you get a date soon and start to transform your life.

Take care

Claire

Hello everyone,

I am having surgery this year with Dr Chris, hopfully in April when i can book some holiday from work.

Just wondering if anyone knows the name of the hotel is that you stay in?

Thanks

Jo_Jo

Hello everyone,

I am having surgery this year with Dr Chris, hopfully in April when i can book some holiday from work.

Just wondering if anyone knows the name of the hotel is that you stay in?

Thanks

Jo_Jo

Hello

It's the Campanilein Vilvoorde included in the prices quoted by Frederik

HTH

Good luck

Claire

Do it!!!! You won't regret it and there are plenty on here who can vouch for that and the excellent care provided by Dr Chris and his team.

I had my op just 3 weeks after initially contacting Frederik and Dr Chris after he was recommended to me by a friend of a friend and I'd done some research. The package is great and the whole process was hassle free with the hotel and airport and hospital pick ups and drops off all sorted.

It is a weird and wonderful journey and massive learning curve, and no it's not always easy but it is absoluyely worth it!

Good luck and welcome to the forum x

Hi all,

2 week diet starts tomorrow then off to the clinic for surgery on the 22.02.11. Staying at the Campanile the nights of the 21st and 23rd so if anybody is scheduled for the same time please say Hi :rolleyes: . Flying back Thursday morning 24.02.11 into Manchester.

It's really supportive reading everyone's experiences and advice. Keep it up.......we all need it.

HI Bkg,

I enquired a month ago and am getting banded on the 22.02.11 after 5 years of yoyo dieting and now BMI 38 on blood pressure medication.

I am 53 and want to regain my health and vitality without the constant battle with different diets. I am very excited and looking forward to the future ........and getting round the gym again and in the swimming pool without feeling embarrassed about my belly and man boobs.

Good luck with your progress.

Pete.

Hi all,

2 week diet starts tomorrow then off to the clinic for surgery on the 22.02.11. Staying at the Campanile the nights of the 21st and 23rd so if anybody is scheduled for the same time please say Hi :rolleyes: . Flying back Thursday morning 24.02.11 into Manchester.

It's really supportive reading everyone's experiences and advice. Keep it up.......we all need it.

well done to you 1manband lol,pity bkg couldnt get his the same time as you,bet your so glad it's not that far away now any questions you want to know just ask were all here xx

blondy try this website www.ecfs.be/bss.php and click on english lol and aftercare and check if that is it,it's also got the yearly diary of when they are over xx

Hi Slinky,

Thank you for reply, I am glad I am back here so can get in touch with everyone. I really had good experience there and thank to you I knew exactly what to expect. I received the best care I could imagine.I was in the hospital with another Irish girl which was great for company. Everybody was so helpful, nurses did a wonderful job.

I am still on my holidays at home, take advantage of it and rest a lot, still get tired very quicly but hope will get stronger. I like my new journey with band, it gives me a lot of confidence and allows me to control my own body better then ever.I know it is early days to make such a judgement but it can be only better from now on.

I found a proper website to make on line appointments: www.belgiumsurgeryservices.com

You go there than click on 'coaching and clinics'. very easy and confirmed by chris.

Congratulations on ur weight lose another 5 lb, thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know if you have any questions.

talk to you soon slinky,

Best regards,

Blondy

Hi Slinky,

Thank you for reply, I am glad I am back here so can get in touch with everyone. I really had good experience there and thank to you I knew exactly what to expect. I received the best care I could imagine.I was in the hospital with another Irish girl which was great for company. Everybody was so helpful, nurses did a wonderful job.

I am still on my holidays at home, take advantage of it and rest a lot, still get tired very quicly but hope will get stronger. I like my new journey with band, it gives me a lot of confidence and allows me to control my own body better then ever.I know it is early days to make such a judgement but it can be only better from now on.

I found a proper website to make on line appointments: www.belgiumsurgeryservices.com

You go there than click on 'coaching and clinics'. very easy and confirmed by chris.

Congratulations on ur weight lose another 5 lb, thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know if you have any questions.

talk to you soon slinky,

Best regards,

Blondy

so glad you had a good experience blondy and it does deffo help when you know what to expect and your not going in blinded,and yes hun rest all you can while you can that is what i done,your energy will come back.blondy i cant believe the control i have at the min hun i never feel hungry hardly ever i have to make myself eat lol sounds crazy but true,i can actually see myself achieving my goal now keep up your good work blondy and all you other guys summer is aproaching well hopefully it's out there somewhere xxx