Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hey Slinky.. not been on for a while but got a couple of days off so thought I would see how you are getting on with your fill.. do you notice the restriction? I noticed my mine at first but its eased off slightly now. Ive only 5 mls in though. Ive booked for Bangor on 17th Feb (I think its that date) for my 3rd so hopefully will lose more. Ive only lost 2lbs since fill but I dont care as long as I dont put weight on!!! You looked good at the last fill and I noticed from your picture your weight loss, Tell Lynda that she also looked good, even my husband said he could tell the difference.. for a man thats good!! lol Hopefully see you soon its great to get advice from you face to face...

To all the ones about to be banded... its hard at first, and I mean hard but nothing in life is easy.. but I promise its so worth it, Im now 3 months banded and it was the best decision of my life.. I didnt say that just after the op but time is a great healer... I love my portion sizes now and even though in the last few months I havent lost much weight, I havent put anything on (even with Christmas and 3 week holiday and thats a first in about 10 years!). Good luck and I hope it goes really well for you all, the girls on this site are great with knowledge!! xxx

Hi Sara

I also flew from Edinburgh when I had my operation last April - you will be absolutely fine

You will need some medication for the pain - I took solpadol dissolvable type, never really needed many of them and try and get some windeze cos the gas pain can get quite severe. Do you have a home bargains or pound shop near you ? They sell packs of hot chocolate, bovril, coffee etc - I took them with me for in hotel - they were lovely

You will also need to make sure you have your toiletries and stuff and a small hand towel for in the bathroom at the hospital. Also try and remember to take something very loose fitting (probably a size bigger) for the flight home as I found I was very very swollen from the gas and my trousers, although elasticated and a size bigger still dug in and I had to roll them under my waist which wasn't very comfortable

The staff and doctors are lovely at the hospital and all speak great english so you will have no problems

Good luck and hope your bloods go well

Kerry

Hi all ! i am feeling very low i had 4 fills in all 6mls in my band but i have stop losing weight!! i walked 3.5 miles a day to and from work and eat a low calorie diet.Anybody been through that?

Hi Laila

I had this last year where I had such slow progress, as you'll see from my stats below, and then I had the magic 4th fill and I've not looked back. The weight loss in the last 8 weeks has been dramatic! I have collar bones and tiny shoulders, I have a waist and skinny wrists, and I feel fantastic!

I got to a point in November when I thought that this band wasn't going to work for me and that I'd made a huge mistake and wasted a lot of money, and I knew that those who knew I'd had this done were thinking the same.

So it is easy for me to say now but give it time and hopefully fill number 4 will be the one for you too. Good Luck xx

Slinks - hows your restriction now babe?

Well done to all the newbies starting out on this weird and wonderful journey!

xxx

Morning all

Have been watching the thread but just felt too poorly to post. My littlest was sick on Sunday eveing and off school on Monday and whatever he had I then got! No I know they don't do refunds on them (the children that is) ony joking!!

Anyway, well done to those that have recently been banded, you won't regret it.

I weighed on Frday and was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting to continue to lose but lose I did and am now 35 pounds from my target of 101 pounds loss so really pleased. Taking it easy as with being sick due to the bug I have found it difficult to keep anything down at one point last night I felt so dehydrated and just needed to do little sips and then managed some custard (ready made) and later in the evening a chicken cuppa Soup. This I managed to keep down. It hasn't been fun. I do think the restriction hasn't helped either.

Do you think it's normal to have had restriction from the 2nd fill for this length of time? Last fill was end of October 2010 and still not really managing solids. It's very erratic nothing until about 2 weeks ago when I managed some small pieces of pork and a few vegetables and nothing since. I'm full very quickly. I'm not moaning as I am happy with my loss and at this rate I will have lost what I wanted by my year anniversary, so definately not moaning but curious whether others have experienced this?

Anyway, stay focused, eat healthily and enjoy - we get one run at this lfe so we might as well make the most of it.

Have a fun day

Claire

hey Slinky.. not been on for a while but got a couple of days off so thought I would see how you are getting on with your fill.. do you notice the restriction? I noticed my mine at first but its eased off slightly now. Ive only 5 mls in though. Ive booked for Bangor on 17th Feb (I think its that date) for my 3rd so hopefully will lose more. Ive only lost 2lbs since fill but I dont care as long as I dont put weight on!!! You looked good at the last fill and I noticed from your picture your weight loss, Tell Lynda that she also looked good, even my husband said he could tell the difference.. for a man thats good!! lol Hopefully see you soon its great to get advice from you face to face...

To all the ones about to be banded... its hard at first, and I mean hard but nothing in life is easy.. but I promise its so worth it, Im now 3 months banded and it was the best decision of my life.. I didnt say that just after the op but time is a great healer... I love my portion sizes now and even though in the last few months I havent lost much weight, I havent put anything on (even with Christmas and 3 week holiday and thats a first in about 10 years!). Good luck and I hope it goes really well for you all, the girls on this site are great with knowledge!! xxx

thanks lilliebo you dont look to bad yourself hun xxx how much have you lost up till now,cause you were doing really good anyway the last time,i think your next fill will defo tell a different story lol,i can only have about two mouthfulls of anything,the weightloss isnt dramatic at the min but my body is prob in shock he he so hopefully it will catch up,and it is the 17th hun,think i will leave my next fill for a while yet as i have 6.5ml in so happy for now lol xx

Hi Laila

I had this last year where I had such slow progress, as you'll see from my stats below, and then I had the magic 4th fill and I've not looked back. The weight loss in the last 8 weeks has been dramatic! I have collar bones and tiny shoulders, I have a waist and skinny wrists, and I feel fantastic!

I got to a point in November when I thought that this band wasn't going to work for me and that I'd made a huge mistake and wasted a lot of money, and I knew that those who knew I'd had this done were thinking the same.

So it is easy for me to say now but give it time and hopefully fill number 4 will be the one for you too. Good Luck xx

Slinks - hows your restriction now babe?

Well done to all the newbies starting out on this weird and wonderful journey!

xxx

patty wow,that's some weight loss in a short time hey,bet ya made up,your doing great,my loss is slow but i dont mind im in for the long haul as long as i get there and after seeing you results well,i will get there lol,im ok with the 6.5ml up till now cant eat to much as i said about two mouthfulls but i dont mind,think the body has froze with fright about the food loss lol but hopefully the weight will start to move shortly xx keep up your good work bet ya look fab xx

Morning all

Have been watching the thread but just felt too poorly to post. My littlest was sick on Sunday eveing and off school on Monday and whatever he had I then got! No I know they don't do refunds on them (the children that is) ony joking!!

Anyway, well done to those that have recently been banded, you won't regret it.

I weighed on Frday and was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting to continue to lose but lose I did and am now 35 pounds from my target of 101 pounds loss so really pleased. Taking it easy as with being sick due to the bug I have found it difficult to keep anything down at one point last night I felt so dehydrated and just needed to do little sips and then managed some custard (ready made) and later in the evening a chicken cuppa Soup. This I managed to keep down. It hasn't been fun. I do think the restriction hasn't helped either.

Do you think it's normal to have had restriction from the 2nd fill for this length of time? Last fill was end of October 2010 and still not really managing solids. It's very erratic nothing until about 2 weeks ago when I managed some small pieces of pork and a few vegetables and nothing since. I'm full very quickly. I'm not moaning as I am happy with my loss and at this rate I will have lost what I wanted by my year anniversary, so definately not moaning but curious whether others have experienced this?

Anyway, stay focused, eat healthily and enjoy - we get one run at this lfe so we might as well make the most of it.

Have a fun day

Claire

hi claire i think you have had restriction for so long because you were on the herbal life and it's mainly fluids so this can help shrink your band as well,cause when i just have fluids i fell more restricted,sure you wont be worried anyway with your great weight loss lol xx

hi claire i think you have had restriction for so long because you were on the herbal life and it's mainly fluids so this can help shrink your band as well,cause when i just have fluids i fell more restricted,sure you wont be worried anyway with your great weight loss lol xx

I only have Herbalife when I really have the need for some energy and have managed with yoghurt, fruit puree, porridge up until the 2nd fill (then couldn't get it to go down) and Soup. Just not able to physically eat anything really creamy or thick as it seems to sit there and then just want to come back. Even had difficulty with Water a few days ago just think it's the bug I have had from little one. But seems that something made it react so either the stress of life or the bug or a combination.

I am sure that it will pass. I don't really feel hungry so take it that this is a good sign.

Hope you are ok Slinky how's the weight now you have had your third fill? Hope it is moving for you.

Take care

Claire

Hi everyone,

I am 8 days post op. Feeling better everyday was very well yesterday but today feel much weaker, no energy at all and have funny sensations at the port site, it is not pain just like muscle discomfort more like pulled muscle. There is no pain when I touch port site I can feel it under my fingertips.

I have already lost 11 pounds since surgery (28/01),dont feel hunger at all, mostly drinking, having my Protein Shakes and liquid vit. can feel and hear my stomach rumbling but that all.

So far so good just worried a bit about those stomach muscles but I am going to rest today and see tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all.

blondynurse

Can anyone give me website to make an appointment on line.Frederik did not have it with him when we met after surgery. Hopefuly I'll get it from yous.

Thank you so much,

blondy

Hi girls

Tried to post a message yesterday but its vanished dont know what i did.

Anyway went to GP for blood test results and everything ok however he said my blood pressure is still a bit high and hes put me on meds.I e/mail freddie and explained situation and also said ive put a wee bit weight on since i first applied in oct.(seems as ive been saving forever).I got a e/mail this morning from him saying to stick to low fat diet and he will see me soon.So i guess he does not want to commit one way or other.I was feeling a bit low before,i heard from him i kind of felt in limbo and becouse i decided in oct to have the op and with christmas ive been saving like mad (also had to get new combi boiler in oct).So ive had no treats,nights out(apart from works xmas bash),hair cuts,new cloths ect ect so feeling a bit sorry for myself.However after receiveing the e/mail i feel more positive about the future and its only 11 days to go and hopefully these meds work and everything will be ok its my bithdat on 12th of march and ive warned my hubbie to have his wallet ready as i will treat myself to a pamper sesion and nice hair cut and colour.

Thanks to everyone last week for there support.

Scoodydoo was your flight ok and did you get picked up alright .I live in Ayr but the only flight i could get from glasgow or prestwick was going to take me into the wrong airport and i think its a bit of a camels trek to get to hotel i would be ok going, but coming home would be a nightmare as i'll be on my own.

Hi Honybelle

Were you on meds for your high blood pressure when you got your band done.

Slinks you told me a wee while ago to ask for a pre med does this cost extra.

Mummsie I don't know why you have had so mush restriction,I only hope i have same success.Sorry about your wee one not being well,you dont really think about how it would affect someone with a band if they catch these bugs i suppose we will all have to be really carefull we dont get dehydrated ect as most of us have children.

scoobydoo I managed to get bovril and cupasoup from pound land thanks.

Mummsie I don't know why you have had so mush restriction,I only hope i have same success.Sorry about your wee one not being well,you dont really think about how it would affect someone with a band if they catch these bugs i suppose we will all have to be really carefull we dont get dehydrated ect as most of us have children.

Thanks

Odd I posted aswell must have got lost when they possibly did a restore back to a certain point when site went offline.

Good that it's back now though.

Glad they sorted your blood pressure and on meds. Just think as you start to lose weight with the band then hopefully these meds will be stopped. Fingers crossed thsat you are ok for your band op.

Take care

Claire

Well week 27 and I can't quite believe the week I have had.

Started off Sunday evening with littlest throwing up and deciding I would stay home with him on Monday. Felt ghastly during the day and then started to throw up aswell so not great.

I wasn't able to keep Water down or any other liquids or food so feeling very sorry for myself and starting to get dehydrated, not good.

Managed a few sips on the Monday night and went to bed feeling exhausted. Tuesday no better really but managed small sips in day but kept being sick when I tried to eat. Eventually in the evening I gave up. Wednesday seemed to be better until I bent over ohh dear did I feel dizzy and light headed so took it really easy. Managed some Soup at lunchtime and didn't lose it so thought we're on the mend. Again for dinner I managed a cuppa soup but felt exhausted.

So it's Friday and I feel better (still not 100%) but have to be better as have to go to work.

Weighed and wohoo I have lost 3 lbs and 2.75 inches not surprised really because of the sickness but another 3.5 pounds and I have lost 70 pounds (5 stone) that's incredible and not to forget the inch loss aswell which is 56.75. Just amazing!

Anyway, see how we go this week and see if I can start to eat a little more I seemto have a break through on the solids front a few weeks ago and then nothing so will have another go this week coming.

Have a good weekend and enjoy.

Hi everyone,

I am 8 days post op. Feeling better everyday was very well yesterday but today feel much weaker, no energy at all and have funny sensations at the port site, it is not pain just like muscle discomfort more like pulled muscle. There is no pain when I touch port site I can feel it under my fingertips.

I have already lost 11 pounds since surgery (28/01),dont feel hunger at all, mostly drinking, having my Protein Shakes and liquid vit. can feel and hear my stomach rumbling but that all.

So far so good just worried a bit about those stomach muscles but I am going to rest today and see tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all.

blondynurse

Can anyone give me website to make an appointment on line.Frederik did not have it with him when we met after surgery. Hopefuly I'll get it from yous.

Thank you so much,

blondy

dont worry blondy that weired feeling by the port i had that,it pulls a wee bit because it is stitched to the muscle there,i still get it sometimes now,your doing well up to now hunny,i dont think you can make appointments online but i will give you julie mcintosh number to phone she make all fill appointments 07872963503 phone her and she will sort you out,they arnt comming in march so remember that hun xx

Hi everyone,

Have a good weekend all.

blondynurse

Thank you so much,

blondy

blondy try this website www.ecfs.be/bss.php and click on english lol and aftercare and check if that is it,it's also got the yearly diary of when they are over xx