Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

bkg let us know if you get a date,hope all works out for you hun xx :D

Hi all

I had to create a new account this morning (previous was bkg), for some reason the system would not let me in and after about 15 attempts to re-activate I gave up. Does anyone know what I can do to sort this out?

I've now just registered again using another email address.

Any clues would be welcome, thanks

After a couple of emails I’m booked, it’s happening “this” month on the 22nd. Can’t believe it’s going to happen and happen so fast. I asked for it to be done before my birthday and that’s what I got (birthday 28th, what a birthday present I’m giving myself!)

Actually I panicked a wee bit when I was offered the date . . . . . . thinking, will I get a flight, but that’s all booked as well, leave from Edinburgh on the 21st - I’m on a roll, . . . . . not that kind of roll (lol)

Although I’m happy and excited I’m apprehensive, something like this happening so quick and to someone that has a huge dislike to needles! When you get the consultation, can you ask them not to tell you about the operation, I’ve no interest to know the finer details of the actual technique or what’s involved.

The thought of being able to shed this weight (with a bit of work) is mind boggling

Will keep you are posted.

Thanks for all the support and for those that have shared their experinces with us, certainly helps "newbies"making that final move.

This fourm makes great reading

so glad you had a good experience blondy and it does deffo help when you know what to expect and your not going in blinded,and yes hun rest all you can while you can that is what i done,your energy will come back.blondy i cant believe the control i have at the min hun i never feel hungry hardly ever i have to make myself eat lol sounds crazy but true,i can actually see myself achieving my goal now keep up your good work blondy and all you other guys summer is aproaching well hopefully it's out there somewhere xxx

Slinky,

I am so glad for you, I see there is another 5lb off you, that is fantastic. Loosing all those lbs is the biggest motivator for us to be good. Good for you girl !!!!!!!!

I am going to remove that one remaining stitch on my own, wish me luck.It shouldn't be hard, let you know how did it go.

Lots of hugs,

blondy

Thanks wannabeslinky I think after a few emails back and forth to the clinic Bkg13 has got the same date as me .....hope so anyway...it would be good support. Just want to get it done now and 'move on' to a fitter life so hope everything goes well. What extras will I need from plane to hotel/hospital and back, and whats included....not sure. Can you get 'ice' at the Campanile Hotel?

Any post-op travelling recommendations?

Thanks for the advice.

1MB.

HI Bkg,

I enquired a month ago and am getting banded on the 22.02.11 after 5 years of yoyo dieting and now BMI 38 on blood pressure medication.

I am 53 and want to regain my health and vitality without the constant battle with different diets. I am very excited and looking forward to the future ........and getting round the gym again and in the swimming pool without feeling embarrassed about my belly and man boobs.

Good luck with your progress.

Pete.

I've now convinced myself that I should get a lap band fitted and from what I have read Dr Chris De Bryne is the man! I've been on and off diets over the last 20 years to no avail (i'm male, very nearly reaching the big "5 0" and currently weight 142kg).

I've not spoken with anyone and just wonder from making the big decision to have a lap band fitted what are the time scales involved! How quick in general can one get an appointment with Dr Chris (he must be a busy man) and after the initial appointment how long did you have to wait before you had the band fitted.

An idea of approx cost would be great to.

I'm 50 at the end of this month and want to start the next half century on a "lighter note"

I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section

Thanking everyone in advance

Hi Bkg13

Glad you have confirmation for the 22.02.11 the same as me.

If you are staying at the Campanile it would be nice to meet you.

I'm very excited about the prospects of losing weight rapidly after years of yoyo dieting. Good luck.

1MB

Hi 1 Man Band

Not sure what the arrangements are but as soon as I know I will post them. It will be good to have a self minded person there at the same time.

My flight gets in at 13.45 on the monday (from Edinburgh) and I depart again on the Thursday at 15.10, other than that I cant tell you anything.

But on a side note I emailed the bank to get them to transfer the funds to the hospital (£39 for that :angry: ) and they foolowed up the email wasking what the money wwas for (lol), I told them MYOB, put down what you like! I know the girls at the bank so will now just tell them it's for a wedding - I'm getting attached . . . . . . to a lap band!

I will post later when I find out more

Regards

After a couple of emails I'm booked, it's happening "this" month on the 22nd. Can't believe it's going to happen and happen so fast. I asked for it to be done before my birthday and that's what I got (birthday 28th, what a birthday present I'm giving myself!)

Actually I panicked a wee bit when I was offered the date . . . . . . thinking, will I get a flight, but that's all booked as well, leave from Edinburgh on the 21st - I'm on a roll, . . . . . not that kind of roll (lol)

Although I'm happy and excited I'm apprehensive, something like this happening so quick and to someone that has a huge dislike to needles! When you get the consultation, can you ask them not to tell you about the operation, I've no interest to know the finer details of the actual technique or what's involved.

The thought of being able to shed this weight (with a bit of work) is mind boggling

im so pleased you got your date sorted out bkg13 and it's on the same day as 1mand band yay you will both have a band buddy lol,dont worry guy's you will both be in the same hotel they always use the hotel campanille in vilvoorde,it nice and clean not the ritz but hey you will only be there a couple of days,the day you arrive freddy will tell you to have your last supper and drink in the bar lol and you meet up with frederik for chat and to pay the remainder of your money,a taxi will pick you up at around 6.45 from the hotel the following morning,you can ask for alarm call from the hotel,you will be taken to hospital by your taxi and take you passport with you as you need it to sign in hospital,when you arrive you walk in the hospital and turn to the right into a waiting room were you take a ticket and wait for your number to be called,you give your details in and then they take you to a room,where you will meet dr chris for chat about surgery nothing too graphic,you sometimes get given a time for surgery then you are prepped ready drip in gown on and white stockings on lol,if your bad with needles like i am,i asked for a pre med to calm me down and asked them to put my needle in downstairs in theatre,when they take you down dont panick you go into a waiting room in theatre,then they take you one by one before you know it your awake in a wee bit of pain,your given pain relief and taken back to the ward,you will prob sleep the rest of the day and the next day you start to feel a bit better with each day,they get you up out of bed give you a drink and some Soup to eat and take your drip out and the taxi will take you back to hotel to rest once you have been checked over,frederik will call out to hotel to check on you as well,you wont feel much like eating anyway i mainly drank Water wich they sell in the bar,remember to wear a baggy t-shirt and jogging bottoms as your stomach swells a fair bit and slip on shoes like croc etc saves you bending down,take some windeeze incase you get trapped wind and some slimfast shakes or cup a soup and some other pain relief incase you dont like the ones they give you,i also took a wee tv dvd player to watch movies,but that is just me lol you can take your laptop as they have wi fi,if you want to know anything else just ask and if i remember anything iwill post it xx :D

Will keep you are posted.

:blink:

Slinky,

I am so glad for you, I see there is another 5lb off you, that is fantastic. Loosing all those lbs is the biggest motivator for us to be good. Good for you girl !!!!!!!!

I am going to remove that one remaining stitch on my own, wish me luck.It shouldn't be hard, let you know how did it go.

Lots of hugs,

blondy

i think you will be ok blondy taking your stitch out,mine was loose in belgium so they took mine out there lol,i only kept the bandages on for about 5 days as i thought they healed quicker without them,but get yourself checked over by your nurse just to be on the safe side lol you,you lost good up to now blondy the pounds will be flying off ya soon xxx

:blink:

i think you will be ok blondy taking your stitch out,mine was loose in belgium so they took mine out there lol,i only kept the bandages on for about 5 days as i thought they healed quicker without them,but get yourself checked over by your nurse just to be on the safe side lol you,you lost good up to now blondy the pounds will be flying off ya soon xxx

Hi Slinky,

My stitch is out, all look well, I feel better and stronger day by day. Stay another week at home so 3 weeks post op recovery should be enough.But I still need to b careful because my job involves some lifting, pulling and pushing so that's why I stayed home a bit longer. I spoke to Chris and endeed the clinic in Bangor is closed on 17th march so I will probably wait till april unless something will drastically change and will have to go to dublin on 3rd. I am still quite restricted - fluids only.dont feel hungry since I am back and that is the best feeling, because hunger was my biggest problem and biggest fear after surgery but so far so good.I can keep on fluids as long as I do not feel hungry... huray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My winter coat in hanging on me, found in wardrobe some smaller size fleeces and they fit perfect. I am so excited about comming summer, there will be some serious money spend for summer cloths but I love that idea already.

talk to you soon slinky.

take care,

blondy

I am still quite restricted - fluids only.dont feel hungry since I am back and that is the best feeling, because hunger was my biggest problem and biggest fear after surgery but so far so good.I can keep on fluids as long as I do not feel hungry... huray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My winter coat in hanging on me, found in wardrobe some smaller size fleeces and they fit perfect. I am so excited about comming summer, there will be some serious money spend for summer cloths but I love that idea already.

That's brilliant news, how much have you lost so far?

Good that you don't feel hungry.

New clothes - excellent enjoy I have this plan aswell when I nearer to my target weight. I would love the type of summer dresses I buy my daughter as they are very pretty. I was tempted last year but didn't think I would be able to get into something like that ever. But I have treated myself to a few beautiful monsoon dresses for our holiday when we were away at Christmas and they were just a tad too big. Nice feeling.

Enjoy and would love to know how much you have lost ...

Hi Slinky,

My stitch is out, all look well, I feel better and stronger day by day. Stay another week at home so 3 weeks post op recovery should be enough.But I still need to b careful because my job involves some lifting, pulling and pushing so that's why I stayed home a bit longer. I spoke to Chris and endeed the clinic in Bangor is closed on 17th march so I will probably wait till april unless something will drastically change and will have to go to dublin on 3rd. I am still quite restricted - fluids only.dont feel hungry since I am back and that is the best feeling, because hunger was my biggest problem and biggest fear after surgery but so far so good.I can keep on fluids as long as I do not feel hungry... huray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

talk to you soon slinky.

take care,

blondy

glad all went well blondy and you will feel stronger each day,when you go back to work just watch yourself and try not to strain your port easier said than done i know but i m sure you will be aware of it anyway lol,glad your clothes are getting big already great feeling hey,i know you still have restriction now but when it goes you will feel like normal again so when you get your fills try and get the first two close together as the first one dosnt do much,just somthing for you to be aware of hun keep up the good work xx

That's brilliant news, how much have you lost so far?

Good that you don't feel hungry.

New clothes - excellent enjoy I have this plan aswell when I nearer to my target weight. I would love the type of summer dresses I buy my daughter as they are very pretty. I was tempted last year but didn't think I would be able to get into something like that ever. But I have treated myself to a few beautiful monsoon dresses for our holiday when we were away at Christmas and they were just a tad too big. Nice feeling.

Enjoy and would love to know how much you have lost ...

claire how trendy are you with ya monsoon dresses lol bet it felt amazing that they were a tad too big,you must be so pleased and just think what you will look like in all these lovley dresses when the good weather comes in xx