Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Aloha all,

Was just thinking of a goal for myself and what i want in 2008.

1) Get to size 14.

2) Get a mommy job.

3) Buy another house and move.

4) Get my lil ones into a new school.

5) Start my adoption search again.

6) More dates with hubby.

7)Make more money..

8)hmmm still thinking...

miriam

My resolutions

1. Make more money (lots more)

2. Wear a size 16 by New Years Eve

3. Either have my daughter at Sacred Hearts Academy, Maryknoll or if she

doesn't get in move to Oregon in the summer

4. Better relationship with my daughter and mother

5. Stop taking my blood pressure medication

6. Stop using apna machine

7. Get my daughter to eat healthier and exercise with me

8. Spend Spring Break in Oregon

9. Las Vegas in April with all the cousins

10. Not sure on this one yet

Thanks for asking Mirim, helps keep me accountable.

Natasha

its me -- happy new year everyone.

feel like i been a stranger -- because i have been. Just really frustrated with the lapband all the time!!! Its not working out well for mee. My body is all or nothing i guess.. menaing i have a 3cc band - had 1.5 put in a while ago.. went to the hospitak because i couldnt even swallow my spit, dr took out 1cc. just went in for 2nd fill on friday - now up to 1.2 and guess what --- cant swallow spit again .. going back tomorrow for unfill!!!!!

$500 total for unfills!!!

Aloha!

I was banded on Nov. 14 at Castle, by Dr. Fowler. I have done well in all ways, except I am not getting restriction from my band yet and I have gotten discouraged. I have had two fills. I am up to 6cc. Things just didn't move as I had read about. I went through the first 4 stages after surgery within a few days. My healing was very rapid. No complaints there! I just get worried about not losing more weight. I stopped losing about 2 weeks after surgery and I have even added back some pounds. Has anyone else experienced this?:)

Hi there Dolphina,

Thanks for joining us. Pull up a chair. Sorry, your progress hasnt been what you wanted. If think if i did it again, i would have extended my stages some. I am frustrated with chicken and fish not going down so well for me all the time. That is my main diet all the time in general. How big is your band? Are you on the windward side?

Miriam

Lisa,

Do you think you have the right size band? Wonder if he could have used the 14cc one to give you more leaway..

HI, So nice to get your reply. Dr. fowler said my band hold 10 cc of Fluid. Does that mean it is a "10". I didn't even know there were sizes. I have had so little restirction until I got my second fill. At 6cc I feel some restirction to eating nuts and meat. A half cup of food would leave me feeling very hungry. I eat a cup or a more at each meal.

How could I discover if I have the right size band?

Hauoli Makahiki Hou,

For this year I hope to reach my goal of 125 lbs.

I hope to become balanced in my attention to my own needs.

I hope to make a few good friends.

I hope to become healthier each day.

I hope to relate to food as nutrition and find my fun in other ways.

I am grateful for each day that allows me keep moving toward what I want to create now.

Aloha gang, boy where have I been. You guys are all doing so well. Dolphina, sorry to hear of your disappointment. A few questions? Are you exercising?, are you limiting your "junk" food? , there shouldn't be a whole lot of snacking going on. Just from experience, I know that exercising REALLY helps with the weight loss. I sometimes found that without realizing it, I thought I was just taking a nibble of this and a nibble of that during the day, but when I actually added it up, WOW, it wasn't just a little of this and that. And actually if you eat about 1 cup of food, that is still a good amount. It isn't too much.

Also, how about the inches loss? Maybe if you are exercising, you may be losing inches, but not pounds, cause muscle is heavier than fat???? Just some things to think about, let us know how it goes.

Lisa, how are you girl????? How come you are paying for unfills, I thought that when we got a fill we had some time to get the adjustments without having to keep paying? I am sorry to hear about all that though, and I hope you and Dr. Fowler can figure it out, maybe smaller fills? It must be sooooo frustrating. Hi Miriam!!!!!! I hope all is well with your gang.

Dave and I will be going to West Virginia in Feb. then see the Dr. Fowler hopefully in March and we will try to coordinate it for the March Informational Seminar. I think they thought that it would be nice if Dave and I went to "talk" a little. Maybe see you guys then?????? He has lost 100 lbs(yeah!!) and I have lost 59. slow and steady right???? OK, until next time, good luck everyone.

Hello Everyone,

It was great to run in to you yesterday Miriam.

I am sorry to hear about people frustration with the band. I am doing really well so far. I am down a total of 27 pounds, 12 prior to surgery and 15 since my surgery on 12/26.

I am finding the hardest part for me is the mental portion of food. Like I think oh I need that or I want to eat. Which for me is very different than actually being hungry, when I am really hungry it is uncomfortable.

I am finding walking makes me feel better, I can not wait to get back to the gym.

Happy New Year!!

Natasha

Dolphina,

Good luck with your process. Do you live on the Windward side of the island. Maybe a bunch of us could get together for a healthy lunch and a nice walk at Hoomaluhia in Kaneohe.

I would totally be interested in getting together to do things like that.

Natasha

OH, I am sooooo jealous, I wish I was there with you guys, for the fun and fellowship. Think of me when you guys are out having fun.