Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Joining you all. Getting banded on Nov 6th. Meeting with Dr. F on the 30th for my pre-op. It's been a long road. It was almost a year ago to the day when I started out that I got approved. I was (pre Jennifer days) denied twice, and appealed the denial and was again denied. Gave up. Then out of the blue, one year later, Jennifer called and BAM I was approved in Aug, a year after I started the whole process. Of course now it has been the long process of a different kind and that is all the testing and retesting. So far so good. And I gave up smoking the day Jennifer called so it has been exactly 60 days nicotine free.Hope to see you all at the Dec (Xmas Party) support meeting. Won't make Nov since I'll be getting banded on Tues, Nov 6th. Last years Xmas party was fun. Cheerio

Hi All,

Welcome Islandlassie and congrats on being smoke free. I too had to go smoke free to get this procedure done so I know where your coming from. Nov. 6 will be here before you know it.

Miriam, how did you eat the eggs, scrambled? I've been making Lipton's packaged noodle Soup and when it's hot and boiling, I whisk up an egg and dump it in for some extra Protein. It cooks up pretty good. I must say that I'm really starting to get more and more hungrier.

So how did your fill go Bev? Any improvement?

Talk to you guys soon......Carmen

Sorry Penny, didn't read the page before Islandlassie's post. Welcome too. It's good to see someone so closer to where I live. I'm in Ewa Beach....not to far away.

Carmen

Hi all, my first fill was 9/28/07 and that went OK... but I need an adjustment, and that will be this Thurs. at 10:30 hope all is well with all of you. Lisa, are you able to eat regular food yet? Hearing about how tight your band was made me a little nervous, but I guess if I want to be aggresive that is the results I should have, wish me luck.

Thank you for the welcome Wrmsmiles. Yes, the 6th is just around the corner. I haven't told myself this is real. At least not until I see Dr. F.

Having gone through what I did last year I was so devastated with not getting approved, that I have not let myself get my hopes up until Dr. F. actually gives the thumbs up and I am in the recovery room. But I am still a bit nervous.

I am reading your post and want to ask, what is PB?

Aloha all,

Im on the go alot like most of you. Anybody have some good fast food ideas i could eat without having a hard time. I am still getting use to more solid foods. I'm hovering in the mushie/soft stage, but yesterday i had some veggies, and two mixed chicken dishes from panda express. So any ideas?

Miriam

Miriam,

I think the pinto's n cheese from Taco Bell would be ok since it's basically refried Beans and I've also read I think on this board that some eat the small chili from Wendy's. I would just LOVE a 6" club from Subway myself. It just drives me nuts when I have to visit my son at his workplace (Starbucks) because there's a Subway right next door and the smell permeating from that place is to die for.

The closest I've gotten to soft foods for now is Soups with "stuff" in them. I feel like I can eat anything but I'm still afraid. Part of me wants to test the band and part of me remembers the rocky beginning I had, so I guess that's enough of a deterrent. I go in Friday to see Dr. Fowler for my monthly check up, so I'm anxious to see how things go.

Carmen

Hi, I know you are still in the mushie stage, but once you pass that, try energy bars. Where I used to go to a drive thru I now will stop at a store and buy 1 energy bar. The Protein fills me up and I now love the taste. That is why I only buy 1, because if I buy more I will eat more. You may have to get used to the taste of some, but once you do they are enjoyable. I like the Luna bars and the Cliff bars and also the Power bars that are in the green wrapper. If I know I will be really active on any particular day I will carry 2 energy bars and I know I won't get hungry and I won't have to worry about food.

However, they do have about 250 calories. The important thing is to use them as Meal Replacements, not Snacks. That's why I can't have them laying around.

Aloha, Paula

Hello everyone,

Just letting you all know, 6 days and counting. 2pm next Tuesday I get banded. Yikes, it's almost here. Meet with Dr. F last night. Last two meetings w/Mary and Cindy today. See Jen on Monday and then.......Band day.

Good Luck to you Island Lassie, it will be wonderful journey, and well worth the weight (ooops, pun intended....wait.) get it wait, weight oh OK , maybe not so funny. Good Luck.

hello everyone - its been a while so I figure I would stop in and say hello to everyone. It sure has been one weird journey for em so far. I am not sure what is normal and what I am feeling is normal or not... so clueless!!!

I did start to lose weght after I got my fill, so thats good. Last friday night I was able to eat pretty much anythig and everything - and trust me - I did!! ;( But the next day I couldnt eat ANYTHING!!! It was so weirl like that!! and when ppl say they got "stuck" is what I feel what they feel???? i feel "stuck" when I take a bite and not chew enough or for whatever reason - it litterally hurts and i head straight to the bathroom hoover over the toilet and very little saliva mixed with little bites of food is forced back up. when i say forced - i mean i litterally have to push it up sometimes but it hurts so i have to -- sometimes it bubbles and i spit ip out and its the same thig. is this what they call a PB? Is this normal?

Yup, thats the way its happened for me. I ate at Ala Moana yesterday with m daughter and got that feeling, but it never came up. Today i feel like my tummy hurts... I havent had my fill yet, but im even wondering if i should. Good luck lisa

Penny,

What are you using for your asthma. I have singular and advair and im well managed for a person that use to spend every weekend in the hospital years before...

Out of mushies and in full on food. Had my one month check and doc said im above the curve and doing well. I opted not to do a fill yet. I scheduled another time for Nov 16th and see if i go for it or not. I may wait... is it true that with the fills comes increase in PBs?? I totally dont wanna go there again.. that is sooo bad... How are all you ladies doing??? Hope to see you at the support group on Wednesday, i asked Jennifer and Mary if i could make some announcements about this forum... and also to give us time to talk more at these groups..

Mes

My name is Natasha and I am new to the site. I just started the process at Castle. I had my first meeting with Dr. Fowler last week, found out yesterday that my insurance approved the surgery, and met with Jennifer today. I have my first meeting with Mary on Nov. 13th.

Sounds like everyone here is doing well.

I am starting to get excited.

Have a great weekend!!!