Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Well we fly in first flight and we have appts with Mary and Cindy and Dr. Fowler that morning and we fly back that evening. If any or all of you are willing to meet at the mall again, we are up for it. I have lost 28 lbs since surgery 2 months ago, and Dave has lost 61 since surgery almost 4 months ago. I have a confession. I have picked up Halloween candy and I did eat. Just a few on occasion, nothing like I used to eat though. For some reason I have been having the munchies like crazy for the past to weeks, maybe I would do better losig weight if I just said "NO", but it sure is tough. Good Luck everyone......

Aloha Everyone!!!

I Was Got My Band On Nov 5th, I Went To Dr Paul Cirangle. I Am In Honolulu. I Wanted To Get In Done As Fast As I Could Since I Had Been Thinking And Researching It For The Past 5 Years. I Met With Dr Cirangle, Did All My Pre-opt Test And Had The Surgery 1 Month Later. I Am Not Sure If That Was The Best Way To Go, I Did Have To Pay Way More....but I Guess The End Result Is The Same And In The End That Is All That Matters To Me!!! Good Luck To Everyone

ALoha and welcome,

I'm glad you found us. Pull up a chair and join right in. We like to hook up sometimes, so if you come out to the windward side at all you are welcome to join us. Do you go to any support groups or will you go to one?? Who will do your fills?? I dont know the dr you speak of, is he with Queens or Kaiser??

Miriaim

the dr i went with is not with any hospitals here, i had surgery in mainland. he does have an office here and that is where i will go for my fills. my in-laws live windward side, no problem to meet up, extra support would be great. how much have you lost since you got banded in oct? i have yet to get on a scale.....nervous.

:) sunshine

Hi all, so anyone up to visiting with us on Nov. 29th??? We have appts. in the AM with Dr. Fowler, Mary and Cindy, and then probably seeing my daughter at Windward Mall from 2:30 till 4:00 and then we will be free after that cause our flight doesn't leave till later that night. Let us know. And how is every one doing? How is the weight loss going? How is the eating going? At my last visit Mary said we could eat nuts, and boy did I start eating them when I came home. Too, too much though, I had to throw them away and stop eating them. Way overboard. Waiting to hear from you guys...

I probably can meet ya, I have some party planning to do and pick up in Kaneohe. I have a soon to be one year old. Too bad you guys wont be back Dec. 1st. We have a party... anyway, if so, you are invited...

hey you guys.. boy has this been one interesting journey for me this far. I have an appt on thurday to get another fill. Im not sure that is the right thng for me though... sometimes i can eat a lot some times i cant eat anything -- so im totally confused. i made the appt back when i first got filled just in case -- so i didnt need to spend another $250 LOL --

for those of you who has gotten fills -- how do you feel, how is your eating habbits? how do you know when its just right or too little?

I started at 260 then the first 2 weeks after i lost like 10 lbs -- then after my first fill i lost another 5 - 8 lbs

i am now 9 wks out and weight 244 (i was back up to 248 during my monthly)

16 lbs -- thats it!!!

BTW - when you get food stuck - do not drink anything for at least 30 minutes!!! That pain is the worst i tell you!!

anyay - always looking for answers hee hee

Lisa

byw bev -- ould lOVE to meet up with you guys again!!!

and everyone else!!!!

did anyone go to the thanksgiving thing? I totally planned to go but missed it :rolleyes:

so what about the xmas potluck?? when is it agian??

Well I am back. I had my surgery last week Tues. Went home Wed and been home since. Decided to take an extra few days off. Going back to work on Monday. All went well. Saw the Doc this morning and he said it looks good. Had a few complications :P, but on the mend and just need to monitor my port area. But other than that it is great going. I am on Full fluids now. Doing well. Missed the this months meeting but will be there for the Xmas one.

Hope all is well for you all. SOunds like you all are doing good. I won't be computer connected until Monday. Cheerio:clap2:

Well everyone, I guess we can meet up with you guys at 4:30 on Thurs. Nove 29th same place??? We are doing great. Dave has lost 82 lbs total, and I have lost 50. I had a fill, then had it adjusted so now I think I am good. When I eat, I cannot eat large bites, or eat too fast. It takes me twice as long to eat now than it did before. If I do eat too fast or too large bites the food gets "stuck" and boy does it hurt. When it happens the only thing I can do because it hurts so much is to bring it up. Then I feel immediately better. But I definately dont like that so I am careful. I have found that I cannot eat rice in pretty much any consistency, or it will hurt and I have to bring it up. But anything else, I just have to chew real well. I am happy with my results so far. I am now in a size 16 - 18, I can't remember the last time I was in a size 16. Dave is now in a size 44 - 46. We are doing really well and very happy that we have had the surgery. The fills do not hurt at all. Not to worry guys. Hope to see all or some of you on 11/29/07 at 4:30 (on the couches in front of sears)

Aloha Ladies,

Good to hear from you. Well, im 6wks post op today. I tried to program my loss in the ticker and it rounded my .25 to .3 I have lost 29lbs 19lbs post band. I delayed my fill until after Thanksgiving. I'm now in a size 18 from 22/24. My old pregnant belly still needs works. I can get in the skinny jeans but the waist remains an issue. I will do the fill on the 30th, but hubby wants me to go without, says i think you can do it... ok, thats the skinny hubby talking. I wont be able to meet some of you now. I have a very late student meeting that day scheduled for 4:30-6pm for one of my seniors. Trying to get this kid graduated. Some of you have heard about my kids, they are good, and baby is nearly one. Yippee!

Mes