Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Nice pic... great to put a face with a name. Well around about a cup of food, sometimes i can put in a lil more. That scares me because i worry if im stretching stuff... But, on average about a cup of food. I can't really tell im full yet though like most people. Even when i wait a minute between spoons i cant tell.

miriam

Happy New year to all. Hope the holidays were good to all of you.

I just got filled last Thursday, Jan 3rd. I had 3cc put in. I am not sure I need another adjustment. Tell me if any of you have had this experience.

When I eat, if my bites are too big, say dime size instead of the pencil eraser size, I hurt so badly when the food goes down. I can feel it and it feels like a giant bubble in my chest and my back hurts. All I can do is wait until it passes,5,10, 15 minutes. I feel every movement the food makes as it goes down. I do not get the full feeling like pre band days. I just feel....done, and more exhausted from eating than full. It took me 2 hours to eat a tv dinner. I forced myself but I was so done with chewing I pretty much gave up towards the end.

However, I do not have a problem taking my medication as long as I only take a sip of Water with each pill, otherwise I feel the full movement effect. I didn't use to burp, but after getting banded, OMG, I could put some men to shame, but now I am back to squeaks for burps. If I could burp when the food is going down I think it would feel better.

My dilemma is, do I get another baby fill, because I don't get the "Full" feeling? If so, will I hurt even more if I can't get the bite size right. Or do I just stay as is? I can eat a lot (example: 2 egg mush/onion omelet) or I can eat 1/2c of veggies and feel satisfied with either.

Any advice?

Hi All,

I have been reading your comments about how much you can eat and about feeling full. It is all still confusing to me. I was banded Nov 14, 2007. Everything was fine for almost a week, but then I stared getting really hungry. Mary had me start soft foods, stage 3 and beyond, basicly whatever I could handle and that turned out to be just about anything. I really had no restriction.

I got my first fill as soon as I could - the 6 week point. And then another one the next week. Each fill was 3cc. I have a 10cc band. I went for another fill on Thursday Jan. 3, but they were out of needles. I am going back Jan. 17.

I still don't feel full, but I have been sticking to about a cup of food at meals. I try to stay filled up with tea during the times I can drink between meals.

I lost some weight right after my banding, but began to gain before I got my second fill. I am trying to loose weight again now by just restricting myself. It hasn't been what I expected yet, but I am sticking with it till I get it working for me.

I sure would like to have that FULL feeling I expected to have. I am really hoping to get to that place with the fills.

I am happy to read what your experiences have been and how you are feeling and dealing with it all.

I am still figuring out how to post and get a ticker and get my posts to have the info about band date etc.

:hungry:

Hello,

I also dont feel full like i did prior to getting the band. I just eat a cup and I am done. I am on the full liquid stage still. So sometimes I have 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of applesauce and I am not hungry after. When I get really hungry it hurts. I find I am having to get to know my hunger and full signals all over again.

I just dont feel hungry hardly ever and usually it is more that I am mentally wanting to eat.

I would love to get together with everyone next weekend is anyone free on the 19th or 20th?

Have a great day.

Natasha

:P

Will someone assist me with this fun little challenge?

I found the Ticker web site - but where do I paste the code?

I don't get it :/

Still Hungry :hungry:

Hi Natasha,

I am curious about why you were feeling full BEFORE you got banded? What was giving you a full feeling before?

Hello,

I think that a lot of feeling full is mental. I have come to the conclusion, since yesterday, that feeling full is not always physical. Before getting banded, I think it was our nature to eat until we felt a full/stuffed/unable to move feeling. Now with the band we are not feeling that and assume we are not full. Changing our thinking is the hard part. The band is a tool and we have to put it to use by doing what is required of us. Exercise, eating right etc...It is just like before when I was on diet after diet, I had to follow new routines, change my habits and do the diet. The difference now, is that I don't have the "Starving", "Hunger" feeling. I just feel done when I eat what I should. I have to get into the mental habit of saying it's okay, you aren't going to keel over and die because I don't feel stuffed.

This is all easier said then done when my brain says, "Hey, you aren't feeling fat, full and fluffy, eat more". I think having been given a fill I should go with what I am feeling now. The fill has changed how I feel when I eat. It hurts and I think this will help deter me from putting more stuff in my tummy.

This is all a learning experience for us. It is going to be trial and error until we get going and get it right for each of us. But we all will. We all can help each other and I know that I don't practice what I preach all the time but I am trying and with your help I know you and I, and all of us will get there. Right???? Okay I am done rambling and giving the pep rally talk.

Are you going to the meeting to night at 6pm? I hear it is going to be a good topic.

Cheers

Shoots, i completely forgot there was a meeting. I even cancelled my appt with Cindy. I dont think im going. I just got my momentum back with working out. Whats the topic?? Also, I dont get the full feeling, i just stop because i know its getting to too much. Sometimes it backs up in my throat and i know its too much. I have 5 ccs in me and wont put in anymore for some time now. Sri, if you are having those symptoms im not sure if i would go for more. You may have more tightness, more burping, and more pain with things going through. I am not wanting to go further with fills because I already have trouble with chicken and fish which is my main diet.

Miriam

I have no idea how this huge image got on here either, it happen after i responded to your message Dolphina. I dont even know where that web site is... go figure...

Hi Miriam,

I think you are right. I don't think I should get another fill. I think I need to redo my thinking and "KNOW" I am full because I really am not hungry and don't really have the urge to eat. In the past, pre-band days, I just ate because it was good and I could. That is why I needed to be banded. Duh??? Thanks. Sorry you won't be at the meeting.

By the way, how is the Lateral Thigh trainer? I hope it was in good shape and worked. Was there a video in the box? I am using my LTT when I watch TV. Not a lot but working up to 30 mins[/font][/font]

Aloha Siri and Miriam,

Everything you wrote rings true for me about feeling full and thinking full and how it was before with 'stuffing to feel full and comfortable'. It really helps me to read what you wrote and I also like the 'pep talk'.

I'm not having trouble with anything as far as constriction. I do always have some gravy or soupiness with my solid Proteins, since I cook them in the slow cooker, so it's not 'fat based' gray, just Water and natural juices from veggies and the Protein.< /span>

So, I am going to have another fill on Jan. 18. I think this one will get me where I want to be with restriction. I sure hope so, anyway.

I didn't mean to miss the support group for January. I am dissapointed. Did any one else go. If so, what was the topic?

I will see if I can get there in Feb. but I will be on the mainland at the time of March's meeting.

I still don't have a ticker :/