Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

FIRST I WANT TO WELCOME NICOLE AND CAROL TO THE LUCKY NUMBER 7'S. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER THREAD THAN THIS ONE. WE ARE ALL FAMILY HERE AND SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER 200%. CONGRATS ON YOUR CHOICE TO BETTER YOUR HEALTH WITH THE BAND! :biggrin:

Jackie - Something is going on - what are you eating - how's your restriction - are you getting your exercise?? (ok re-read and you are exercising) You say you haven't been eating bad - but that's not saying you are eating GOOD.. Cut out the not eating Bad and change in to eating Good and the scales may move again :biggrin:

(this is being said with A LOT OF LOVE:wub: - so please don't get mad at me please:biggrin:)

Janet- I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT GET MAD AT YOU!!! I need you (all of you) to keep me in line. I think (crossing my fingers and toes and anything else I can wrench around) that things will start moving again. Aunt Flo arrived this morning and I am hoping things will start moving again. As far as the eating I was making good choices with that but I do have an ice coffee from McDonalds now and then. I am pretty happy now though because they just got the sugar free one this week and it honestly isn't all that bad.

IF YOU HAVE VERY GOOD RESTRICTION SHOULD YOU HAVE TOO SIP Water?

I CAN GULP NOW. THIS FILL BUSINESS IS CONFUSING BECAUSE SOMETIMES I CAN EAT WHAT SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH, AND SOMETIMES I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING. THAT'S WHY GETTING ANOTHER FILL IS SO CONFUSING.

MANGO- I totally get what you are saying. I can drink water (gulp) even anytime. To me it is gulping compared to my normal drinking anyway. Even after a fill and with great restriction. My band my be tighter one day than another too. Knowing if you need a fill is a struggle that I think most bandsters go through.

The PA at my doc office told me that if I think I may need a fill chances are that I do need one.

Well I walked 4 and 1/2 miles today and did my complete house cleaning today. I feel really good (but tired!) tonight. I am still plugging along with the exercise and today I figured I was going to try to really step it up with the pace and vigorous walking to see if that helps. I am trying to make sure I get LOTS of water too. For me I think it is 'out of sight out of mind'. If I don't have a bottle of water next to me I don't think about it. I do pretty good getting most of my water daily but I am making a conscious effort to get ALL of my water and see if that helps.

Well it is 8:10pm here and I am going to go watch a little boob tube tongiht. I may be back on later but if not HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREATTTTTTTT MONDAY!! Good luck with your fills Peaches and Phyl!!

Hey Gang What's Up!!!

I went to Walgreen's and got my beauty supplies - that 14 day oil of olay stuff REALLY works - a friend said my checks were looking tighter. So had to go buy some more :lol: Might have to buy some stock in the company :lol: Never made it to Target or Home Depot - I just didn't feel like getting dressed & makeup - so just went to Walgreen's & my corner store (no make up and I am not the cutest thing without make up)- Came home but my house dress back on - that shrunk and is a mini now (did hit right at the the knees) layed down to watch Godfather but fell asleep for about and hour..

I got some go lean kashi Cereal - 1 cup 200 calorie and 9 pt - I came home and had 1/2 cup.. Then some not too great watermelon..

Hey there Carol - I know I responded to you before the Dandy75 is a name I remember - but heck I am all over this site giving everyone my 2 cents all the time :lol: so I don't know if it was a post or in the 50 thread

But doesn't matter - Welcome - We really are the best group - we don't pull bunches as you can tell by our post - and if you are an English teacher and a spelling critic - I am the WORST :lol:

Denise - The whole fill issue :eek: I can't gulp Water when I am at my sweet spot - when I went in January for my 3rd - I was able to drink water in a gulp - so that was my clue I needed a little fill - my doc does blind fills - so I am drinking as he fills - but the 1 cc he put in was too much - by the next day - so when I went back he took .08 out - so really my fill was just .02 - I think that is what I am going to need shortly - but will wait a bit longer - I had about 2 oz of chicken this morning and got a little stuck - but last night no problem - ate that cereal - and omw 1/2 cup looked like alot and i said to myself - I couldn't eat a whole cup - well - yes I could have -:wink2:

I totally agree with eating too much or not being able to eat - and being too tight is AWFUL - so it's just a fine line we have to walk -

Peaches - How nice to have someone come in and do that major cleaning - yep it's worth the $$$

Good luck on your fill tomorrow too - you have a little bit of a drive too

I will bring you my 8 jeans in July :smile2:

Karri

Darling being too tight can cause problems and I sure don't want you to lose your band. I know it's a 6 hr drive - but I would go now and get a little taken out and then right before surgery get the rest taken out or if you feel confident enough you could get unfilled now..

How do you feel about getting totally unfilled now?? Like you said you lost 10 lbs before while being unfilled - so that's 2 1/2 months without a fill prior to the surgery and 1 month afterwords - so 3 1/2 months with no fill -

for me scary but I have never been unfilled and have come to appreciate my band so much - I really do depend on it - but as I type that I could eat around it but don't - but would I eat more at my meals - ya' thats what I am afraid of -but this isn't about me :tongue:

But no way in the world would I stay that tight till June - Nope Nope Nope

They do want you to maintain - so this may be a good way to do it (by getting unfilled now) especially considering your drive

Jackie - Glad they got the sf ones - that should help all those little calories add and I don't care what anyone says (on other threads oh I don't count calories I didn't get the band to diet) calories do count when you are trying to lose weight - it's all about calories in vs calories out - period end of story.......

I HAVE A FILL APPT. TOMORROW MORNING. I THINK I'M GONNA GET A SLIGHT FILL THIS TIME. I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE THE LAST TWO MONTHS.

QUESTION;

IF YOU HAVE VERY GOOD RESTRICTION SHOULD YOU HAVE TOO SIP Water?

I CAN GULP NOW. THIS FILL BUSINESS IS CONFUSING BECAUSE SOMETIMES I CAN EAT WHAT SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH, AND SOMETIMES I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING. THAT'S WHY GETTING ANOTHER FILL IS SO CONFUSING.

Sounds like tomorrow is "FILL DAY"

for THREE of us!!

You, me and Peaches!

Yeah, the band is rather fickle, isn't it!!??

I don't have any problem with liquids,

but anything else... sometimes I seem to be quite tight

and others I could eat all day if I wanted to!

Strange and confusing... I agree!

Wow Phyl, sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure!!!

I love the Oregon landscape, I am so jealous... Oh by the way did I read back a while ago that your DH is coming to Mall of America in July??? Just asking as if other hubbies are going I "MAY" consider mentioning it to my DH, although he probably is already booked up with Band Gigs on weekends all thru the summer.

Off to Toronto in the a.m. for my 1st fill since Port Replacement surgery... I am hoping that this will work for me.... I'll letyou know more tomorrow night!

Yes, quite a nice drive home...

good weather, too.

Of course, it's pouring down rain out there now! Welcome home!

My DH is coming to the Mall of America with us because we're going to be enroute to Buffalo on the train.

When I made the reservation,

I included the weekend in St.Paul/Minneapolis.

I hope it isn't too far from the train station

to the Mall of America Homewood Suites.

Don't want to rent a car.

Sounds like you had a nice trip to Niagara Falls.

We'll be going there while we're in Buffalo...

always do.

A sight you never tire of seeing, right?!

No matter how tight I am I have ALWAYS been able to gulp water so that was never the problem for me. Now if only I could eat food! I am really pissy with my band right now. I want to eat food and I can't without pain. Soups for as long as I can handle it.

Here is my question for everyone. I have to have a complete unfill before surgery per PS orders because she doesn't want any nutritional issues. I am perfectly fine with that because my band seems to tighten up when I am under stress anyways. I can have that unfill the last part of June when I don't have school. However I am really tight again and miserable. If it still hurts to eat after a week of liquids do you think that I should

1. Go and get my complete unfill now and then just really behave until perhaps the middle of August OR

2. Go and get a little unfill and then go back again in June to get the rest of it taken out.

3. Just deal with it and live on mushies and soups until June when I get the unfill.

Remember it is a 6 hour drive.

I am really torn right now and would like to hear what you all think. I am scared that I will gain weight back BUT I have been unfilled before and managed to lose 10 pounds during that time. Now I just need to maintain.

Okay, I'll give you my 2 cents....

it seems to me that you have this new way of eating pretty ingrained in you now...

you're very disciplined.

I think if I were you I'd just get the unfill now.

I don't think you're going to be too happy

living on mushies and soups for that long.

And, considering the drive, etc.

I'd just do it now.

Janet- I know you are right... I just didn't want to take any more time off of work. It is not easy to do when you are a teacher and I have missed a LOT of work this year. I still have a day or two left of sick leave so I can still take the time and they can't say anything. I emailed the doctor's office and gave them my three choices and see what he says. I am confident that I could maintain, but there is always that fear that the pounds will come right back on. I know that I could always go back and get filled. I just don't understand why I am so tight. I have next to nothing in my band. I guess I just have weird anatomy. I am at LESS than half of what was in my original fill 1 month after surgery. To me that seems weird. It doesn't matter how much I chew or how small my bites, it hurts to eat. I know I need to go in for an unfill, it is just a matter of do I get rid of the whole thing or just a little!

We will see what the doc says. Well I need to go make lunch for tomorrow. Will check back later.

Thanks Jackie for the warm welcome..It's good to know there is a place to go when you need the support, for what ever. 4_12_12.gif It's taking me a little time to 3_8_14.gifnavigate the site, but I'm getting the hang of it. I will keep you posted. Thanks again, I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNfox000

Welcome. You will get the hang of this site very easily and then become addicted to it. I get shaky when I can't sign on. Just kidding...kind of!

All this talk about fills - is messing with mine.:smile2:

I ate 1/3 ck bbq ck breast - 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup veggies and am still hungry. The chicken was no problem - i did chew and ate pretty slow - but sometimes even with chicken I will still get stuck. Well if I can't fight this demon - it will be more veggies - but if this doesn't change I may be going in earlier - It's been lately that I can barely get my fish 1/4 c rice and 1/2 cup veggies down...

Ok it's 9 going to turn off the computer watch tv for 1 hr and hit the hay - 5 am comes early

Linda - hope you had a nice dinner with your family

Steph & Krisitin - Where are you girls

Chim - Sunny - Jeannie - SSankofa - Ladies why did you drop off the face of the earth again...

Phyl, Mango, Peaches - Good Luck on your fills...

Oh ya Phyl - don't be to discourged by the # even on your doc scale tomorrow - you are full of all that extra Water - I want you to weigh on your scale when you get home on Tuesday - and that's the # we are going to use now ok... And if need be - get on that scooter and zip to Target and buy a new one :tongue:

OMG I ALMOST POSTED THIS POST ON THE 50 THREAD - WELL PEACHES & PHYL WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHO I WAS TALKING TO.. BUT I CAN'T BELEIVE I WAS READING ANOTHER THREAD - BUT STILL THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE (Well it is my MAIN thread :wink2:)

Dandy - Karri is not kidding this is OUR TRANSFER ADDICTION... Oh ya you gotta know that Karri & I are the food cops and also we are a Mother & Daugther team (Band only cuz we are so much alike and I am old enough to be her Mom ) - as you will find out - we are just one big

happy family -

OK I gotta get off this computer - --- Til tomorrow

Sweet Dreams everyone...

Hi Denise, that's Harley my 3yr old Bichon who is spoiled rotten. And my kids remind me all the time how he is more spoiled the them. 16_2_26.gif Of course I never have to stay up all night waiting for him to come home. My grandaughter is 12 going on 4o and you know what they say what goes around, comes around. Ain't being a grandmother grand. :smile2:

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

Good luck with your fill Peaches, Phyl and Mango! I'm ready to get another. I had just gotten a cold the last time I went for a fill six weeks ago. Then I was coughing like crazy and stuffy nose. I may have been swollen when I got the last fill. Now i'm started to graze. I'm going on liquids for a few days to see if anything changes then I'll make an appointment if needed.

Good luck:thumbup:

Hi, I sure missed a lot here yesterday!

"Welcome!" to the newbies. Hope ya stick around awhile and let us get to know you. I am most grateful for this thread--these ppl are my bestest friends.

What's up with the tight bands anyway? I am right there with ya. I ate maybe a half of a pork chop yesterday, and that set me right back to Soup and mushies. It still hurts today. Karri--In a perfect world, you'd get a little unfil now and the rest later, but traveling 6 hours is not a perfect world. Since you are in the maintenance mode, and you are highly motivated, I'd say to unfill all of it now. I share your fear of that--but I do think it's the healtiest option for you at this point.

For me, I think it's different. Going by how I feel, I should have some fill removed too. But I'm holding off, hoping that losing the last 20 pounds will put me in a good place, and if not, I can unfill then. That should be late June/early July, which is when I hope to schedule TT, Then I can have a little fill put back just before M of A and The Wedding.

Hey Phyl, My soon-to-be radiation therapist son is interviewing for a job in Wanachee (sp?) WA today. Is that anywhere near you? I still think he's leaning towards accepting the offer in Springfield MA, but he wanted to check this one out before making a final decision.

On the sipping Water question: Before I starting having all these issues with being too tight (since the first of the year), gulping water was not an issue. Now, I can still swallow water, but it hurts like mad to gulp it.

Good Morning Gang !!!

Well not much to report since last night - but I do have a nsv - midnite raid - I have these reese pb 100 cal snack cookie (tiny) and when i woke up i really wanted choc for some reason - so went and got one pack (even though I have them in the back of the pantry I found them right away) well i tried to savor them - and really really wanted to go back and get another pack - BUT I DIDN'T :smile2: - you have to understand that stuff like that was a really down fall for me prior to banding - sweets put me to sleep and i would use them as sleeping pills to self medicate.

OMG Linda 18.5 til you are to goal - HOW FREAKING FANTASTIC !!!!!

But have a question if you get a tt early July do you think you will be healed enought for the MA trip?? You gotta come :rolleyes2:

Ok gang - need to get my butt in gear - as usual will ck back later

Hello All,

I just got back from my fill. I got .2, and I lost 2.5lbs. Notice I changed my ticker to a turtle. Slow and steady, I'll get there someday. I drank a Slim Fast, and I want more. Liquids for two days, YUCK!:rolleyes2:

4_18_7.gif Oops, sorry guys, I just notice this thread was for 7/07 bandsters. Guess it helps to read the whole line. You must be thinking who is this broad.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNfox000

Edited by DANDY75

Denise congrats on your loss of 2.5 - love the snail :rolleyes2:

OMG they have changed the whole freakin site :smile2:

I know I got and email that there were going to be changes - but this omw - something else to get use to...