Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

4_18_7.gif Oops, sorry guys, I just notice this thread was for 7/07 bandsters. Guess it helps to read the whole line. You must be thinking who is this broad.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNfox000

Nah we have a few people who are on here that were not banded in July of 07. I for one was banded in August and Steph (twilight) was banded in Dec. This is the best board and we welcome anyone with open arms, no matter when you are banded. Since you are new, this is a great place to get all of your questions answers from those of us that have been there and done that!

Okay so this is what happens when i am a slacker. Ever since I got the band unfilled I have not been on here. (even though that is when i need the support). Anyway got on today and all is weird. I will try to get on more so to figure it out, but back to work

beth

Okay so this is what happens when i am a slacker. Ever since I got the band unfilled I have not been on here. (even though that is when i need the support). Anyway got on today and all is weird. I will try to get on more so to figure it out, but back to work

beth

Beth

I forget - why did you get unfilled???

Some of us have a theory that ppl who don't post aren't really working their bands to their fullest potential.

I agree - that coming here helps keep us accountable - Plus I have made lifetime friendships and I just gotta talk to my girls..

We are here for you now and always...

Beth

I forget - why did you get unfilled???

Some of us have a theory that ppl who don't post aren't really working their bands to their fullest potential.

I agree - that coming here helps keep us accountable - Plus I have made lifetime friendships and I just gotta talk to my girls..

We are here for you now and always...

Well here goes. I went to Hawaii on a cruise definetly tried to eat correctly but there we a few times i pb. Well we get home and about three days later i pb everything. So to liquids i went well two days later I could not get Water down. Called the dr. he told me to come in. When aunt flo is coming i am tight and barely can eat but this was bad. So the doctor thought i was being a baby but i went and they do it with fluro nothing would pass thru the band due to swelling or prolapse. So they unfilled it on March 31st since then have had all the test done but still unsure cause or reason. They will refill it in one week. But i am two hours from the center and because of my job will be unable to go till the end of the month. Work has been great about being off but I need to save the days if possible. ( have three kid and you never know). I have fridays off so will wait till they have an appt available. So i have been very discouraged and buring my head in the sand. But today is a new day and just trying to get back on the band wagon. It may have been my fault with the band but we all make mistakes we just have to learn from them. (expensive lesson)

beth

Well here goes. I went to Hawaii on a cruise definetly tried to eat correctly but there we a few times i pb. Well we get home and about three days later i pb everything. So to liquids i went well two days later I could not get Water down. Called the dr. he told me to come in. When aunt flo is coming i am tight and barely can eat but this was bad. So the doctor thought i was being a baby but i went and they do it with fluro nothing would pass thru the band due to swelling or prolapse. So they unfilled it on March 31st since then have had all the test done but still unsure cause or reason. They will refill it in one week. But i am two hours from the center and because of my job will be unable to go till the end of the month. Work has been great about being off but I need to save the days if possible. ( have three kid and you never know). I have fridays off so will wait till they have an appt available. So i have been very discouraged and buring my head in the sand. But today is a new day and just trying to get back on the band wagon. It may have been my fault with the band but we all make mistakes we just have to learn from them. (expensive lesson)

beth

I am most likely going in for a total unfill this Friday. I have to have one before surgery (tummy tuck) anyways and I live 6 hours away. I know that I am going to rely on the wonderful people here to help me through the hard days. I am going to go into this with a positive attitude that I have learned so much about food and exercise and I will NOT need another fill...However I am on maintenance. You will get there and you CAN do this. You took the first step to gain control back. We will be here for you through the good and the bad. Good luck and stay in touch. We will help you.

GAH!!! :biggrin: So now that I'm making a more conscious effort to get my daily Water intake, I have to take into consideration my 30 minute before and after rule! I'm thirsty now :w00t: but I have to wait 30 mins before I can drink anything. Obviously I was breaking rules when I let this lapse and paid no attention to my water intake. :)

GAH!!! :biggrin: So now that I'm making a more conscious effort to get my daily Water intake, I have to take into consideration my 30 minute before and after rule! I'm thirsty now :w00t: but I have to wait 30 mins before I can drink anything. Obviously I was breaking rules when I let this lapse and paid no attention to my water intake. :)

This is what is killing me being on maintenance. I have like 15 minute intervals throughout the day when I can drink. Only I have to wait an HOUR afterwards. I have never broken this rule ONCE though, so I won't start now. You can do it. I have found that if I chew gum during that wait time, that I don't feel as thirsty.

Hey Phyl, My soon-to-be radiation therapist son is interviewing for a job in Wanachee (sp?) WA today. Is that anywhere near you? I still think he's leaning towards accepting the offer in Springfield MA, but he wanted to check this one out before making a final decision.

Wenatchee.... east side of the Cascade Mountains,

small townish, but growing...

country community with a lot of the amenities...

Costco, Wal-Mart,

but I don't think there's a big mall or anything.

Skiing close by.

Lots of recreational opportunities close by.

..Lake Chelan, etc.

Has four seasons... snow in winter, hot in summer.

Hello All,

I just got back from my fill. I got .2, and I lost 2.5lbs. Notice I changed my ticker to a turtle. Slow and steady, I'll get there someday. I drank a Slim Fast, and I want more. Liquids for two days, YUCK!:biggrin:

Back from my fill, too.

Physician's Asst did it...

had the usual trouble finding the port,

even with fluoro. Belly is already getting sore... Lidocaine wore off. I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

She said she was "very proud" of me and I was doing well. Our scale is apparently 5 lb heavy, BTW!

I weighed just before we left, then had a fairly large coffee and weighed 5 lb less on their scale. So I really only gained about 1 lb on this trip.

She sent me for a cholesterol screening too...

so I could get poked a few more times!

GAH!!! :w00t: So now that I'm making a more conscious effort to get my daily Water intake, I have to take into consideration my 30 minute before and after rule! I'm thirsty now :lol: but I have to wait 30 mins before I can drink anything. Obviously I was breaking rules when I let this lapse and paid no attention to my water intake. :)

Getting in all my liquids....

haven't been doing it since we left CA!

Gotta work on that!

Phyl, And I'm betting that pound you gained is Water weight! Really good job!!

Beth: YOU'VE LOST 95 POUNDS! A break once in a while is a GOOD thing. You've taken the first step and are back with renewed committment. You're doing great! Just try not gaining anything until Friday, and hopefully once you're filled, the hunger will go away and you'll be able to stick to the plan like you did before. You should lose quite a bit the frist week after you're refilled b/c your body has become accoustomed to a few more calories and will give up the fat more readily once you start restricting them again--at least that's what happened to me when I was unfilled and refilled a couple months ago.

Sheesh, what a day! I was up at 6 and in the car by 6:45 on my way to the Clinic for my 9:30 appt. I actually met up with the nurse on the way into the clinic.

I was the first fill of the day, but she was still a little behind time wise and I was freeking cause I had to go directly from clinic to work...a 2 1/2 hrs drive away...

I was late getting to work, but it all worked out as the Dr. took my patient for me & I just finished up the laser treatment at the end...

I got 2 cc's put in but it was too much so had to go bak in and get 1 cc out.. So I have 6cc's in total..

My weight was horrible, I'm not even going to tell you ... You guys are all doing so well with your numbers and I am going to be a while catching up. Hopefully I'll have 20 lbs off by M of A trip...

Sheesh, what a day! I was up at 6 and in the car by 6:45 on my way to the Clinic for my 9:30 appt. I actually met up with the nurse on the way into the clinic.

I was the first fill of the day, but she was still a little behind time wise and I was freeking cause I had to go directly from clinic to work...a 2 1/2 hrs drive away...

I was late getting to work, but it all worked out as the Dr. took my patient for me & I just finished up the laser treatment at the end...

I got 2 cc's put in but it was too much so had to go bak in and get 1 cc out.. So I have 6cc's in total..

My weight was horrible, I'm not even going to tell you ... You guys are all doing so well with your numbers and I am going to be a while catching up. Hopefully I'll have 20 lbs off by M of A trip...

Glad to have it over, right!!

Do you have`to do liquids now for 2 days??

DH always has to go in with me and listen to everything and then he becomes

THE ENFORCER

of every little rule!! That's okay! He's "helping"! I sneaked Tomato Soup this afternoon when he was snoring! Now I'm eating pureed lentil/buffalo meat Soup we made yesterday... 1/2 cup, of course. It's pretty liquidy. It is actually plenty....

starting to feel full and its only half gone.

Okay, Ladies...............I'm as ready as I will ever be............I am in the middle of a major power struggle between my head and my stomach. One is satisfied and the other wants something but doesn't know what. And, I've reached another plateau..but it's probably from all that grazing. At least I'm not gaining. Sounds like everyone here is doing great. Wish I could say the same. I still have fifty or sixty to go till goal. Oh well. Enough Pity Party.....so I'll sign off now. TTYL. Tomorrow is another day.

Hey there Gang - Whats Up...

Ruby - I have bee so bad about my Water - I have only had 1 bottle today

Karri - I think you are making a wise decision - you are going to be our guniy bander on maintenance and unfilled :huh2: But I know you are going to do get - I have no doubts...

Beth

Linda is so right 95 lbs you have done great so far - this little break isn't going to be the end of the world - Just do your very best at eating healthy while unfilled and make sure to exercise ..

Phyl

You did great and I agree that 1 lbs is most likely all the water you retained - Go get a new scale when you get home... I usually have a little bruise after a fill - but can't say it ever hurt... You have me :thumbs_down::lol: pm tje Enforcer :thumbdown::lol: I know he means well - but - I understand why you want to strangel hiim at times - Well you will be home shortly and you will get some space between you - it will be all right..

Candice

With the fill and your repaired tubing you are going to be right there with us - but no more M&M'S OK:lol:

Kari

You gotta find some low calorie stuff to eat - I think if I was home all day it would be harder not to eat.. But you can do this..

Ok gang - I am beat - my trainer worked my butt off and I am pooped so this will be it for the evening. Just want to pop in and say HI & tell you all how much I love ya'll ...

Sweet Dreams - Be Good Ladies - Talk to you all in the morning

xoxoxoxo