Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ruby - I know how when you are looking forward to something then its gone -:tongue: but look at it this way - you saved a whole bunch of calories by not eating it - I bet whatever else you ate in it's place wasn't as bad as cream sauce :smile: Plus the food pass is over - it just counts for the one day - doesn't include leftovers :biggrin:

You're right. I stir fried some frozen shrimp in garlic instead and mixed in a tablespoon of Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip once it was on my plate. I'm sure it was fate that got my meals mixed up and you can't argue with that. I was probably better off without it.

I've gone through 40oz of Water so far. It's a little hard for me today. Aunt Flo is here and has made me feel bloated for most of the day. Doesn't stop me from being hungry at times though. :rolleyes2: But instead of looking for a snack, I pick up my bottle of water and pop a stick of gum in my mouth to get me through. It's done me well so far.

It's getting close to dinner and even though I'm a little hungry, my bloated tummy is telling me not to eat. I think I'll give it another hour and if I'm still peckish, maybe I'll have a cup of Soup and some crackers.

For those of you who miss cream sauce (alfredo specifically) they redid the sauce on Biggest Loser the other night and it was really good. Take a little bit of FF evaporated milk and mix with some parmesean cheese and some LF Italian cheese blend mix.

Thanks for the tip Karri.

I have one of my own that I discovered on this forum:

Instead of regular mayo, use Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip (like I did for lunch today, only I only needed 1Tbsp) Here's the breakdown comparison:

2Tbsp Regular Kraft Mayo:

Calories = 180

Total Fat= 20g

Cholesterol <5mg

Total Carbs = 0g

Protein = 0g

2Tbsp Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip

Calories = 50

Total Fat= 4g

Cholesterol<5mg

Total Carbs=2g

Protein=1g

So as you can see as far as calories and fat go, the dip is a real winner. Plus it's really creamy and there are little chunks of Water chestnut and red bell peppers to keep it interesting.

Hey Gang I'm back from the gym :)

So far 3 bottles of Water and I am half way thru 16 oz glass - so I will make my water intake today

Linda - I am right there with you on the Aunt Flo - my gf & I alway used the term your cousin comes to visit - but I digress - my cousin is trying to make a visit and she hasn't visited in ages. I thought I was totally done Mostly just spotting - but has me worried about my weigh in in the morning

Ruby - Yep it was meant to be. The lunch you made was alot healthier..

Maybe that's why I have been so hungry the last couple of days - (cuz visiting or at least trying to) Hormones - ugh - I hate them - I started crying as I left the gym cuz my trainer is the only man in my life to talk to - Not that I even really want a man - it's just he is so encouraging and again told me today - are you losing weight..

I am going to have to try that dip - sounds good I am hungry :tongue:

Phyl - Pretty cool having those guys flirting with you and DH wanting defend his DW - Gotta make you feel really proud and good about yourself.. coffee truly does count cuz it is water - but I have never counted it in any diet I was on - I have always only counted water and now a clear Protein Drink or crystal lite in my water..

Karri - I miss cream sauces - not that even before being banded did i eat alot of alfredo sauce but would have a lean cuisine ck alfredo.. I am going to have to try your's too. I did use healthy request cream of ck Soup the other nite with shredded chicken and rice - it was good..

Well, it's just me and my 2 fur babies for the next couple of nites GS when with his Mom to Disneyland. I think he will be back Friday nite - he is so sweet - he called me right before they left to tell me he loves me... He can be such a sweet boy at times - Like when he was a baby and he was always his LaLa's baby (that's what my grandkids call me LaLa not grandma) Omw - hormones are really working OT today:rolleyes:

Well off the the kitchen to see what I can fix for dinner ...

I still have left overs of my one pot wonder - but I don't know what I want ...

Will ck back later..

Im my previous life I used to LOVE the Tostitos spinich dip on taco chips, but it NEVER occurred to me to substitute it for mayo. What a great idea! Thanks for the idea about cream sauce too.

Nothin new to report here. After this week, only 3 more weeks of classes left--hourray. This summer is going to be fantastic; I can't wait for it to get started. First of all, I desperately need some clothes. I cleaned out my closet last weekend, and what's left is not going to work at all once the weather warms up. I have four graduations, the trip to Mexico, and the wedding (including showers, rehersal dinner dinner). I even need new PJ's and other unmentionables.

I had my cholesterol checked at work last week. It was 190, so I'm happy about that. I go to the pcp next week, but I don't think I will be able to d/c my BP meds. The last time I was thin (15 years ago) I still needed them. I think my last pregnancy did something to my kidneys, and no matter what my weight is, I am going to have BP issues. :)

TTYL

Hi guys. A GREAT day! I got all my Water in and then some. BTW, my nut said coffee counts but only as half. If you drink 24 ounces you get to count 12. So that is what I do. I try really hard to get 50 oz water, juice, and Protein and then I don't have to count my coffee for sure.

I ate very well today. I was thinking about my Breakfast routine. I do an 8 oz glass of fusion light which is 50 cals, 8 oz of this protein drink which is 150 cals. That leaves me extra cals for me to put Creamer in my coffee. That was the one thing I couldn't convince myself to give up. Problem, I put way too much creamer in my coffee. I expect it is about 100 cals. Which is still 300 cals for breakfast and I budget accordingly. But it's getting warm and I don't usually drink coffee in the warmer months. So there is 100 cals that I can throw into the deficit column hopefully. But then I did buy some other protein stuff that is only 80 cals. and then I can keep my coffee. But the coffee is a bad habit that I should throw away. I just don't want to do both at the same time. So, which should I give up first???

Okay...next....after we did dinner I went out with DH and the little 2 and walked a little bit. Then we got home and I went out again because I knew it wasn't enough...so I pushed myself pretty hard. After I got home I went and drove the route and then I was really impressed with myself. With both walks it ended up 2.5 miles. If I add in the 10 minutes I did at lunch I probably did another .5. Yeah me!!! I want to die now, but it sure felt good while it was happening.

I bought some of the spinach dip thinking I would try to concoct something. Since Karri seems to be our resident chef, I thought I would run it past her and anyone else who wants to input anything.

Here's my thoughts:

1 can chicken (that stuff like tuna)

as much spinich dip as needed to make it as mushy

some cottage cheese to add extra protein

On a piece of tortilla add lettuce, Tomato, cucumber and wrap it all up.

It will probably be more than I can eat at one time but half for one meal and half for another will probably be alright.

I also bought some of the tostito queso dip that I want to make something similar with. I was thinking some hamburger taco meat and more taco type fixings. I think it will help make it go down smoother than plain salsa.

Well, it's been a long post so I'm going to let you all off the hook now. I know there are tons of things I forgot to say to everyone.

Good job on your water everyone!

Janet you are not the only one that left the gym crying tonight...and I am still crying. Not from pain, not from sadness...but simply tears of amazement and joy. I actually did it. I ran 5K tonight (3.1 miles) I walked for .25 miles to warm up and then ran an additional 3.1 miles. I still can't believe it. This coming from the girl who NEVER finished the mile in gym class, who never even took PE in high school. 3 months ago I could barely run a mile and was so excited when I hit that milestone. Now I am running 3.1 miles. There are really NO words to describe how I feel right now.

Tonight was weights night as well but I kind of hurried through that so that I could come and share with you all, because I am just over the edge thrilled. So what if the BMI chart says I am still fat...who cares that the scale doesn't say skinny...I freaking RAN 3.1 miles...that is better than anything. Certainly better that any deep fried, sugar coated, butter filled, food (can you tell I watched Paula Deen tonight!). This honestly is the greatest feeling that I have had since I graduated college!

Okay enough sentimentality. I need to take a shower and get ready for bed! Might check back in later. If not take care all.

Phyll- glad to hear you made it home safe! I wish I was where you are. I miss the rain and the Western Washington weather, landscape and PEOPLE!

Here's my thoughts:

1 can chicken (that stuff like tuna)

as much spinich dip as needed to make it as mushy

some cottage cheese to add extra Protein

On a piece of tortilla add lettuce, Tomato, cucumber and wrap it all up.

That sounds very good. I don't like cold foods so if you wanted to have it warm you could throw the chicken in with some garlic and onions if you like and sautee them with some PAM. Then you could spread that on one half of a tortilla with some cottage cheese (try to strain it a little because it will make it a little watery), fold the other half over, then pop it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up the tortilla and you have a chicken quesadilla. Top with salsa, veggies and whatever else you like. Cottage cheese does well in the oven. I use it to make lasagna sometimes if I don't have ricotta.

By the way...noodle-less lasagne is DELICIOUS if you ever have to be on mushies for any reason. I tried it last night and it was too thick for me right now, but it is DIVINE!

If anyone else has any recipes that they really liked pre-banding and want me to see if I can make them healthier I would love to do that. I love cooking. If I ever with the lottery (would have to start playing though!) I would go to culinary school. That is one of the things that I have done since being banded is to find out how to make my favorite foods healthier. Now once I get the surgeries paid off and have more money for food then I can really start getting creative!

CONGRATULATION KARRI

18_3_110.gif 36_1_22.gif 18_3_110.gif 36_1_22.gif 18_3_110.gif

I am so VERY PROUD of you GREAT JOB

23_30_125.gif 36_1_75.gif 4_17_211.gif 23_30_125.gif

WAY TO GO

39_5_5.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Karri!!!! 5K!!!! Only in my wildest dreams.

I told you that you inspire me!!!!! How wonderful is that. I would love to say I could do that far, but I think I could run 5K INCHES! If that!

You keep going and you'll be our marathoner! I am looking for your first post about doing a run! You'll find one soon I'm sure.

Keep up the awesome job. So excited for you!!!!!!

A marathon really is my goal around my 30th birthday. I don't know if I will get there though because of the TT. However if losingjusme can prepare for a half marathon like 3 months after her TT, I do have a shot at running one 1 year after mine. Actually running will become easier. It isn't my legs or my chest that hurt when running anymore, it is my port from the belly bouncing up and down. When I exercise I have to wear a tight compression garment or my back and port make me feel like I want to die. That is why I can't run as often as I would like. 2 times per week max really. On the days I don't run I do the eliptical for 30-40 minutes. That has really helped sculpt my thighs. I know that a lot of people have a hard time doing it, but I really do like it. Though on the August Exercise board I post on, a couple of us have decided we have cardio ADD. I get bored very easily. Fortunately Jeopardy was on the TV tonight, so I got a mental and physical workout!

I am up late tonight cause I took a nap and because I want to share my good exercise news with DH when he gets home. Oh and cross your fingers for us, he had an interview today for a different job. It is a significant pay cut but he will be much happier which means that we could possible stay longer here. I know I complain about it, but things are going MUCH better at school and I know that it will get better as the years progress and I don't have to reinvent the wheel everyday!

Thanks for the tip Karri.

I have one of my own that I discovered on this forum:

Instead of regular mayo, use Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip (like I did for lunch today, only I only needed 1Tbsp) Here's the breakdown comparison:

2Tbsp Regular Kraft Mayo:

Calories = 180

Total Fat= 20g

Cholesterol <5mg

Total Carbs = 0g

Protein = 0g

2Tbsp Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip

Calories = 50

Total Fat= 4g

Cholesterol<5mg

Total Carbs=2g

Protein=1g

So as you can see as far as calories and fat go, the dip is a real winner. Plus it's really creamy and there are little chunks of Water chestnut and red bell peppers to keep it interesting.

That sounds really good!!

One thing I love about being home...

if I get an idea like that in my head...

need some ingredients to make something,

I can get on my scooter and

go across the street to Albertson's in 5 minutes!!

Don't have to make a list and

remember it three days from now

when we go to Wal-Mart or something!!

And don't have to persuade DH that I need it...

just go get it myself!

Maybe that's why I have been so hungry the last couple of days - (cuz visiting or at least trying to) Hormones - ugh - I hate them - I started crying as I left the gym cuz my trainer is the only man in my life to talk to - Not that I even really want a man - it's just he is so encouraging and again told me today - are you losing weight..

Well, it's just me and my 2 fur babies for the next couple of nites GS when with his Mom to Disneyland. I think he will be back Friday nite - he is so sweet - he called me right before they left to tell me he loves me... He can be such a sweet boy at times - Like when he was a baby and he was always his LaLa's baby (that's what my grandkids call me LaLa not grandma) Omw - hormones are really working OT today:rolleyes:

YEP----- your HORMONES are raging!!

You're crying and you want a man!!

Im my previous life I used to LOVE the Tostitos spinich dip on taco chips, but it NEVER occurred to me to substitute it for mayo. What a great idea! Thanks for the idea about cream sauce too.

Nothin new to report here. After this week, only 3 more weeks of classes left--hourray. This summer is going to be fantastic; I can't wait for it to get started. First of all, I desperately need some clothes. I cleaned out my closet last weekend, and what's left is not going to work at all once the weather warms up. I have four graduations, the trip to Mexico, and the wedding (including showers, rehersal dinner dinner). I even need new PJ's and other unmentionables.

I had my cholesterol checked at work last week. It was 190, so I'm happy about that. I go to the pcp next week, but I don't think I will be able to d/c my BP meds. The last time I was thin (15 years ago) I still needed them. I think my last pregnancy did something to my kidneys, and no matter what my weight is, I am going to have BP issues. :tongue:

TTYL

UGH!! I have "closet work" to do, too,

BIG TIME!!

Everything that came out of the RV

is scattered about in two different rooms

so I can go through it all.

I took WAY too many clothes with me

because I was afraid nothing would fit me

by the time we got back and

I'd never be able to wear them again!!

When I get done, there's not going to be much left!

I did get all that new underwear/bras at Lane Bryant,

so I'm all set there..

just need to get rid of all the old stuff.

I'm hoping to get rid of some pills, too!

Waiting to get the results of my cholesterol screening.. would love to get off one of those Rx and

at least reduce strength on one of my BP meds.

But, yes, I will still have BP issues, too.

All three sisters are on 1-2 BP meds.

Janet you are not the only one that left the gym crying tonight...and I am still crying. Not from pain, not from sadness...but simply tears of amazement and joy. I actually did it. I ran 5K tonight (3.1 miles) I walked for .25 miles to warm up and then ran an additional 3.1 miles. I still can't believe it. This coming from the girl who NEVER finished the mile in gym class, who never even took PE in high school. 3 months ago I could barely run a mile and was so excited when I hit that milestone. Now I am running 3.1 miles. There are really NO words to describe how I feel right now.

Tonight was weights night as well but I kind of hurried through that so that I could come and share with you all, because I am just over the edge thrilled. So what if the BMI chart says I am still fat...who cares that the scale doesn't say skinny...I freaking RAN 3.1 miles...that is better than anything. Certainly better that any deep fried, sugar coated, butter filled, food (can you tell I watched Paula Deen tonight!). This honestly is the greatest feeling that I have had since I graduated college!

Okay enough sentimentality. I need to take a shower and get ready for bed! Might check back in later. If not take care all.

Phyll- glad to hear you made it home safe! I wish I was where you are. I miss the rain and the Western Washington weather, landscape and PEOPLE!

Wow!! Congrats on the 5 K run!!

That's wonderful!

You MISS the rain???

Okay... I certainly understand the landscape, and the people! It's beautiful on this side of the mountains.

But, up here at least, they're predicting freezing rain mixed with snow for this weekend!!

I can live without that!!

I was pushing up my two layers of long sleeves

at church today so I could show

my friends my tan before it fades!!

I told them.. we brought that nice sun and warm weather with us last Saturday and

"you guys" wasted it all in one day!!

That sounds very good. I don't like cold foods so if you wanted to have it warm you could throw the chicken in with some garlic and onions if you like and sautee them with some PAM. Then you could spread that on one half of a tortilla with some cottage cheese (try to strain it a little because it will make it a little watery), fold the other half over, then pop it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up the tortilla and you have a chicken quesadilla. Top with salsa, veggies and whatever else you like. Cottage cheese does well in the oven. I use it to make lasagna sometimes if I don't have ricotta.

By the way...noodle-less lasagne is DELICIOUS if you ever have to be on mushies for any reason. I tried it last night and it was too thick for me right now, but it is DIVINE!

If anyone else has any recipes that they really liked pre-banding and want me to see if I can make them healthier I would love to do that. I love cooking. If I ever with the lottery (would have to start playing though!) I would go to culinary school. That is one of the things that I have done since being banded is to find out how to make my favorite foods healthier. Now once I get the surgeries paid off and have more money for food then I can really start getting creative!

I like to experiment, but I'm not as creative as you!

We'll have to try the lasagna without noodles.

We tried it with eggplant, but, didn't turn out so great. We used canned tomatoes and

I think we need to try again with spaghetti sauce.

Now you having me crying again! Looks like my sentimental mommy is rubbing off on me!

Oh, boy!! Like mother, like daughter!!

You two have got the tears going on tonight!

I haven't had a day like that in a while

but it's cute and

WE LOVE YOU BOTH... GROUP HUG!!!

:):grouphug:

Karri, That is FANTASTIC! One of my sons did the Chicago Marathon a couple of years ago. You can do it, and we will all be there cheering you on!

Hey, I'm willing to try out your recipies. Maybe you can write a cookbook for us less creative bandsters. I am clue-less in the kitchen, except when it comes to old the fashoned, high fat things my mom cooks.

Steph--since you don't usually drink coffee in the summer, why not just give that up for now and see how it goes? 100 calories a day is 700 a week. Basically, you'd be saving 1000 calories every 10 days. That works for me!

Karri - You RAN 5K!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO! That's our girl. :wink2: I'm proud of you too. You're freaking amazing. :biggrin2: I don't know if I'll ever be a runner now, not unless I get a steel reinforced bra. :tt1: But I do enjoy brisk walking and once I get the 'all clear' from my doctor next week, I'm hoping to get into weights and possibly even into the pool again.

I'm not feeling so great this morning. :tt2: Aunt Flo is causing me grief. The treadmill helps a lot with easing the pain, but then as soon as I'm off and sitting down again, the aches return. :) I try to avoid pain meds as much as I can, but not today. Especially since my sore throat is still bothering me as well. :tongue:

I drank 64oz of Water yesterday. For the life of me I can't remember how much was recommended to me. I don't know if it was 48 or 64 or something else entirely. It sure feels like I'm peeing out 3 gallons though with all the trips to the bathroom. :tt2:

I'm hungry, but I think I'll just stick to fluids today. Soup, tea, water, maybe even some coffee. Bed sounds like a good option as well. :lol:

Catch up with you later ladies. Remember, the water patrol and food police are about. :wink:

Good Morning everyone! Hope all is going well for everyone. I love Thursdays... it means tomorrow is Friday. heehee Karri, OMG congratulations on running 5k!!!! That is so awesome. I have never ever ever been a runner but I guess I just need to try try and try again and build up. I usually stick with the eliptical... im scared of the tredmill heehee Did you start running for like 5 minutes then build up or? Congratulations though, that is SO EXCITING!!!! Phyll glad you are home. I am with Karri, I LOVE the rain. I know I know... I grew up in the bay area and now live in Sacramento for school so I was probably spoiled with nice rainy winters and hot and sunny summers. heehee I really do love the rain though! So I have also been trying to get my Water in. How much exactly are we supposed to be drinking again? I usualy just try to drink as much as I can. LoL Hi Janet! Still thinking about getting a fill?? Okay everyone... I am off to work. Then back home to clean the whole house. Hope everyone is having a wonderfull Thursday. Bye!