Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

When you ratchet up your exercise, the scale can stall. I have only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks (nut, docs, and DH are happy), but NONE of my clothes fit anymore. Why?...exercise. I hate the scale. I made DH put it somewhere I would never find it because I was sick of standing on it.

Okay, I am going to try to eat a meal tonight and if it hurts or I pb I am definetly going in for an unfill. I still haven't heard from the doc, but I will do what he says. However, if I can't eat I am getting this thing undone.

Janet - The people that I was talking about on the PS thread are the few that have been unfilled PRIOR to surgery and have already gained 7 pounds before surgery. That scared me, but I think I will be okay. In fact I made some hot choc last night and after taking 1 drink realized that I grabbed DH's full sugar full fat kind. I dumped it out and made mine. I think that kind of solidified it for me that I would be alright. Still scared a little though.

2 more bottles of Water

Ten trips to the bathroom :unsure: (well not 10 but 3 :lol:)

So the doc called and they want me to come in. They said it was up to me whether I wanted a partial or complete unfill, but they (like you) feel completely comfortable with the fact that I should be able to maintain.

The nurse said that (in a perfect world) anytime you PB you should go in and have them back off your fill to let your tummy rest. Then go back in and get another fill. That way you minimize ANY risk of a slip. I thought to myself...what about all those people who PB on a DAILY basis. Holy CRAP!

Okay had to bring DH's car back to him since mine wouldn't start again this mornig. GRRR!

2 more bottles of Water

Ten trips to the bathroom :eek: (well not 10 but 3 :unsure:)

Good for you Janet. :unsure: I didn't mean to come across as so bossy (or maybe I did :blink: ). But you know I only did it because I love you. :biggrin2:

If you're anything like me, what happened today to make you get your water in is that you became stubborn. It's not the same as will power, or not having any will power. I'm probably the most stubborn person I know, but there are times when I lack will power. But once I become stubborn about something, there's no stopping me. :blink: All you needed was someone to be "mom" to you to bring out that stubborn streak.

YAY for water! :lol:

Good for you Janet. :eek: I didn't mean to come across as so bossy (or maybe I did :blink: ). But you know I only did it because I love you. :biggrin2:

If you're anything like me, what happened today to make you get your Water in is that you became stubborn. It's not the same as will power, or not having any will power. I'm probably the most stubborn person I know, but there are times when I lack will power. But once I become stubborn about something, there's no stopping me. :lol: All you needed was someone to be "mom" to you to bring out that stubborn streak.

YAY for water! :lol:

Ruby

In my book that's what a true freinds do :unsure:- gives back what I dish out...:unsure:

Yep - you are 100% right about the stubborn - I can relate to that 1 Mil%

I can be very very stubborn too - and there is no stopping me either:lol:

Isn't it so funny how much we all are alike in so many ways :blink:

Well, it's 45 mintues since lunch (I only have to wait 1/2 hr) so I am now on my 4th bottle of water :tt2:

Ruby (aka: Water POLICE - this is your new name :lol: - I deputize you as our groups Water Cop:thumbup:)

I have drank 4 x 16.9 oz bottles of water and will start my 5th in just a few...

One thing I can tell you from drinking all the blessed water is that I think for sure that my fills has loosen up :unsure:

So the doc called and they want me to come in. They said it was up to me whether I wanted a partial or complete unfill, but they (like you) feel completely comfortable with the fact that I should be able to maintain.

The nurse said that (in a perfect world) anytime you PB you should go in and have them back off your fill to let your tummy rest. Then go back in and get another fill. That way you minimize ANY risk of a slip. I thought to myself...what about all those people who PB on a DAILY basis. Holy CRAP!

Okay had to bring DH's car back to him since mine wouldn't start again this mornig. GRRR!

Karri

I don't know how ppl can pb daily or stay to tight - I could not imagine :lol:

So you are going for sure on Friday ?? Which are you going to do complete or partial??

Look we all have faith in you - I AM SO HAPPY YOU JOINED OUR GROUP..

It seems like you have been with us from the start - I forget - what brought you to our thread - My memory needs a little jog - cuz right now it's FLOATING FROM ALL THAT STINKING Water I HAVE DRANK TODAY:biggrin:

Karri

I don't know how ppl can pb daily or stay to tight - I could not imagine :lol:

So you are going for sure on Friday ?? Which are you going to do complete or partial??

Look we all have faith in you - I AM SO HAPPY YOU JOINED OUR GROUP..

It seems like you have been with us from the start - I forget - what brought you to our thread - My memory needs a little jog - cuz right now it's FLOATING FROM ALL THAT STINKING Water I HAVE DRANK TODAY:biggrin:

I butted in on my own. I like the people on the August board and still post there, but this just felt like family when I would read. It was actually YOUR post on will power that sealed it for me. I have been here a while though.

I am going to get the complete unfill. Since I have been toying with the idea I wanted to see where my mind went. I wanted to see if I was going to start thinking about all the things I could eat or if I would start thinking of how I could eat to still be successful. Well my mind went the correct way. I didn't think of being able to eat ANYTHING. I just don't want it anymore. The phrase "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" rings hollow when you are still fat...but now that I have gotten here...there is NOTHING that is going to cause me to go back. I feel too good about life and myself. I am still worried that I will be hungry all the time and that I will eat too much but I already have a plan in place. I just eat salad with every meal if that is the case. And yes that means Breakfast too. Lettuce and salsa have virtually NO calories so I just fill up on that and then eat what I need to. It is all about planning. You have to know what to anticipate and figure out how you are going to handle it BEFORE you actually experience it. That has been a big life lesson for me. I am kind of excited to show myself (and everyone else) that the band can completely CHANGE your life and even when you don't have it filled that you can be successful because this is about YOU not the band. I am confident that I can do this because I really did 98% of the work. Afterall...how many people can say they were unfilled during the holidays and LOST 10 pounds! I did!! So now all I have to do is maintain. See much more positive this afternoon. Power of postive thinking.

Okay gotta go get DH on my insurance this afternoon.

Oh... I was not good with Water today at work. Only 1 20 oz bottle. I will get more in tonight. I am going to the in person support group again. The lady I go with seems to glean some inspiration from me so her husband pretty much begged me to go. So I will take some water and drink it there. I tell you...If I drank some stronger stuff I would definetly be using some liquid calories to get me through this meeting...but since I don't, I guess Crystal light it is. Keep me in your thoughts...I will need it.

(SUpport groups shouldn't be this daunting to go to should they?!?!?!)

OMW this website keeps changing !!!!!

What is this rep power under our avatars ??

I see they gave us My account back - It took forever to get to our thread

Well as long as they don't take our thread away from us - I don't care. what they do with the site... To me it's all about support and mostly our little gang ..

Karr - How sweet :wub:- I think I remember bits of that will power speach - "that we really do have will power in us - we just chose not to use it"

I spout so much stuff - that I don't remember everything I spout out about... I remember it vaguely... But it's like you have been here from the start - you are our little star :biggrin:

My vow when I get to maintentance is that I will never let myself ever gain 5 lbs without putting a stop to it and losing it - I am not going to freak about 1-4 lbs flucations - but when that scales says 5 lbs - that's it. I will increase the exercise and decrease the food....

I understand totally about going to the in person meetings -:scared2: - I was suppose to go on 4/2 - but I had something else going on - and didn't want to make the drive to palm springs and not get home until 9 p.m.

I need a couple of hours to unwind at night - All I need is my family here that's it for me - If the meeting was closer I might go - nah I most likely wouldn't...

Well, I got that 5th bottle of Water - but have only drank half of it :blush:

But I did get all my water in for the day..

I didn't exercise today - had to p/u baby grandaughter

like that excuse:tongue_smilie: - but really the gym gets too crowded if you get there around 5:30... Will go tomorrow - no excuses cuz it's my trainer day - legs tomorrow.

The wind has started up again - ugh - :lol:

I am going to call the doc tomorrow - I am really beleiving I need another .02 to be added back in - I use to say that the band didn't stop my hunger - but I have been more hungrier (love my grammar) the last 2 days - I might hold off for another day - but my doc only does fills on Wed - I seem to want to pick - Picking on things like meat - but still picking and that adds up. At lunch I should have been full - 1/2 whole wheat pita pocket w/chicken & 1/2 oz of cheese - but no I wasn't still had a 1/2 cup veggies.

Well, not much to report - talked to my big sis and that's it..

So I think I am going to warm up dinner - No I won't eat until I finish my 5th bottle of water -that's 84.50 oz of water for Tuesday 4/15/08....

I have now added counting water in my food diary....

Ok - off to the water and boob tube - will ck back later..

Karri - when you want to say something rude at your support group just phrase it this way "Well my band Mommy would tell you ______" That way you can get it off your chest when you feel frustrated and they can't blame you - you are spouting my sayings (even though we all know that we agree 99.9% of the time:biggrin:)

Hey, I just saw all your photo's "wow" 36_22_31.gif you guys are hot. I can only hope to do as good as all of you. What an inspiration. 36_1_32v.gif Congratulation to all of you.

Five more days.4_6_218v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

Edited by DANDY75

Hey, I just saw all your photo's "wow" 36_22_31.gif you guys are hot. I can only hope to do as good as all of you. What an inspiration. 36_1_32v.gif Congratulation to all of you.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

Dandy

1st rule of the Lucky #7 thread :scared2:

Is positive thinking :biggrin:

You from now on will take the word HOPE out of your vocabulary and replace it with I WILL do as good as all you... :lol:

Jackie

I am so sorry I didn't reply this morning on your Oil of Olay questions.

I was sitting watching my Soap (AMC) and thinking about all of you and what we talked about today - and it hit me - Jackie asked me a question and I didn't reply - I just quoted my Water intake :biggrin:

Oil Regenerest 14 day treatment - I think its called - you get 14 tubes (7 are one color and 7 are another) you use the 1st 7 for 7 nights - then use the other 7 for the remaining 7 nites - a face lift without the recovery time..

I gotta say it's the first thing I have ever used that I do see some difference.

You need to start taking care of your skin now (Karri are you listening) alot is DNA but it's also your exposure to the sun (I don't tan my face) and the elements etc - Its $27 - it's worth it - Also I LOVE philosophy eye cream...

Well back to the t.v. Idol is starting....

Phyll, I wish my dh cared as much about what I was doing. He is enjoying the emerging woman but could care less about how I get there. Enjoy the help even when it gets annoying.

Yeah..... I know he's a winner!!

He takes good care of me!

The hotel we stayed at had a Water park and I went down the water slide....three times! Which means I climbed those freaking stairs 3 times!!! I would have done more but I was getting banged up pretty good on the slides and dh twisted his ankle on the landing. While we were sitting in the hottub we started discussing my tummy and my girls.....and he seems more than happy to pay for ps when I get to that point! We talked about a tt, a little joy for the girls, and then I mentioned a kitty lift and he just looked at me like I was crazy. How exciting is that!

My new weight puts me 12 pounds from being fat!!! I am so excited about that. I could be just fat by M of A trip!!! I am going to throw a party when I get there....bet you me!!!

Well...better get to teaching. I'll talk to you all again soon I'm sure.

You're doing GREAT!!

Glad your DH is with you on the PS!!

Starting to try to get mine thinking in that direction...

but I have a long way to go before I'll be ready.

1 Bottle Down !!!! 3 to go !!!!

Don't float away!!

How funny!!! I had just remembered I was going to chime in on the "no snack if you don't get your water!" That made me laugh and laugh. The food cop getting got!!! We'll be the water patrol!

I need to focus on getting more plain water in. I get the Fluid but much of it is coffee or Protein Drinks so I need to push the water instead. So far (10:30) I have had 8 oz v8 fusion light, 8 oz Protein Drink, 16 oz coffee. I am sitting here looking at 8 more oz of Protein because tummy is growling and I'm not sure Protein Bar is a good choice today. I need to go fill my water bottle.< /p>

Everyone chime in...how's your fluid intake going???

I need the WATER PATROL, too!!

I've been slacking off in that department

since we've been on the road.

Now that we're back home,

I need to get back on the wagon!!

It is GOOD to be home, BTW!!

Good for you Janet. :wub: I didn't mean to come across as so bossy (or maybe I did :scared2: ). But you know I only did it because I love you. :biggrin2:

If you're anything like me, what happened today to make you get your water in is that you became stubborn. It's not the same as will power, or not having any will power. I'm probably the most stubborn person I know, but there are times when I lack will power. But once I become stubborn about something, there's no stopping me. :thumbup: All you needed was someone to be "mom" to you to bring out that stubborn streak.

YAY for water! :biggrin:

12_4_49.gif 3_4_5v.gif 13_4_10.gif 10_7_2.gif 12_4_63.gif

Well I have been getting my exercise in and then some. A few days I have even gone out and walked 3 miles 2 times a day. I am really trying and this damn scale still doesn't move. I am going to get ALL of my water in today no matter what. I am hoping that will start making things move. I must be losing inches though because I have noticed clothes are fitting differently. Now if the scale would move I would be ecstatic!!! :blush:

Great job with the exercise, Jackie!

2 more bottles of water

Ten trips to the bathroom :tongue: (well not 10 but 3 :lol:)

DRINK!! DRINK!! DRINK!!

Oh... I was not good with water today at work. Only 1 20 oz bottle. I will get more in tonight. I am going to the in person support group again. The lady I go with seems to glean some inspiration from me so her husband pretty much begged me to go. So I will take some water and drink it there. I tell you...If I drank some stronger stuff I would definetly be using some liquid calories to get me through this meeting...but since I don't, I guess Crystal light it is. Keep me in your thoughts...I will need it.

(SUpport groups shouldn't be this daunting to go to should they?!?!?!)

Waiting to hear how it went!!

Phyl

Glad you made it home safe - I bet you will be so happy to sleep in you own bed tonite... To have more room period.... I think living in a RV for 5-6 months could get a tad confining..

Well, I just stopped by the computer to turn it off on my way to bed - saw you posted - wanted to say HI -

Well, it's 10 I gotta get my beauty sleep :biggrin::lol:

TTYT

xoxox

Sweet Dreams Everyone.