Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

DH always has to go in with me and listen to everything and then he becomes

THE ENFORCER

of every little rule!! That's okay! He's "helping"! I sneaked Tomato Soup this afternoon when he was snoring!

:huh2::lol: I hope my marriage is this cute during our retirement years. :biggrin2:

Ruby - I have bee so bad about my Water - I have only had 1 bottle today

You're the one responsible for getting me back on track. So no excuses tomorrow! You will make more of an effort to get your water in! You portion your calories so that you can give yourself a snack at the end of the day. So no snack unless you've got all your water in. *stands with hands on hips* :huh2:

You're the one responsible for getting me back on track. So no excuses tomorrow! You will make more of an effort to get your Water in! You portion your calories so that you can give yourself a snack at the end of the day. So no snack unless you've got all your water in. *stands with hands on hips* :angry:

Wow...standing up to the food cop. Nice job. Okay will you reprimand me now?? You would think being on liquids that I would do fine with water right? NOPE. Drinking makes me hungry, especially when I am on liquids. But I am going right now and getting glass of water...or 2...or maybe even three.

Just got back from the gym and I ran 2.25 miles straight tonight. I will be at 5K (3.1 miles for those American non-scientists!) by the end of this month. MARK MY WORDS. Remember my goal was 5 straight miles by August, but since I wont be running after July 3 due to TT, I have to get to 5 straight miles by my birthday! July 1. :frown: I can do it.:huh2: I thought DH was crazy when he said that once you got to 2 miles that 5 miles would be nothing. :thumbdown: He actually was right. Chalk one up for the guy! I could have done more tonight but I would have had to reset the treadmill, and frankly I didn't want to do that. Once you select a time you can't extended it (or at least I haven't found out how to:tongue2:). So now I know that I must set it for longer than 1/2 hour. So I ran 25 straight minutes tonight! Not too shabby!:thumbs_down: I know...tooting my own horn, but I am dang proud of my exercise accomplishments.

I didn't hear from the doc today...will call again tomorrow. I have been reading about people gaining 7-10 pounds on the PS thread when they get unfilled for their surgery and they have only been unfilled for 2 weeks:scared2:. I will be unfilled for 3 months! SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! Maybe I am more determined, strong willed, and determined than they are. Yeah...that is it. I can do it...I can do it... C'mon join the chorus! I am going to need all your help. Though really I do think I will be just fine. I have NO desire to eat crap. I was just thinking that the day before my surgery I might go splurge a little. Then quickly I dismissed that idea. No point in starting something that I might not be able to stop. Fortunately we don't keep crap food in the house and I won't be able to drive after surgery so I will only be able to eat what DH fixes me:blink:... That has its good points and its bad points. If I am not watching him, he cooks really high fat. I guess I will just have to be the "enforcer" from the couch.

Alright all, I am going to go to bed. I was up at 4 AM this morning.:blush:

Hi all. Back from my fill. It was a good weekend all around.

I am down to 172 by docs scale!!! That is 48 pounds!!!! I am so looking forward to 50. PA says that I may not need to go back next month! She was really excited about my loss. I'm getting pretty psyched too.

I need to up my exercise. I know I'm not going to go much lower unless I increase it. I'm so glad it is getting nicer now. I hope to get outside a lot more soon.

I will talk to you all tomorrow!!!

I am down to 172 by docs scale!!! That is 48 pounds!!!! I am so looking forward to 50. PA says that I may not need to go back next month! She was really excited about my loss. I'm getting pretty psyched too.

I need to up my exercise. I know I'm not going to go much lower unless I increase it. I'm so glad it is getting nicer now. I hope to get outside a lot more soon.

Congrats...WAY TO GO! And with all the stress that you have been under. You should be SOOOO proud of yourself.

that's GREAT!!

Congrats!!

Wow.... that makes FOUR of us that had fills today.

I forgot about you!

Good Morning Phyl,

Your husband sounds too funny!! I had shakes yesterday, Decaf and then my DH made Soup for supper it smelled so good.... I broke down and had some canned soup too about 8 pm. It tasted so good, but today I am doing Protein shakes...

I just drank my first, it went down pretty well... didn't have any tightness. weird. I hope this is not a precursor of things to come... I am so skeptical now, having had so much trouble... I am almost afraid to HOPE (that this all works)

I wanted the BAND so much in July, my head was in the right place then...

Good luck today and keep me posted.

There was another one of us that had a fill yesterday too??? How are YOU doing?

2.5 miles, !!!! That is awesome, you are going to be so hot!!!!! (Um, well you ARE already) but after the TT just imagine!

ROCK ON

Good job on the fill yesterday, 48 lbs is fantastic!!

You're the one responsible for getting me back on track. So no excuses tomorrow! You will make more of an effort to get your Water in! You portion your calories so that you can give yourself a snack at the end of the day. So no snack unless you've got all your water in. *stands with hands on hips* :lol:

Ruby - LOVE IT !!!! :thumbup: ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!! :lol: HAND ON HIPS :Dancing_sorry: OK I WILL drink all my water today - I promise :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: Cuz I have to have my Snacks - last night strawberries - and I am going to jinks this cuz I am talking about it - but my little angel has not woken me at all during the middle of the night to go potty for the last 2 nights that means I have slept 2 nights straight thru - you gotta know even without the dogs I rarely sleep all night - usually up once or twice during the night.. Not always to eat but just wake up.

Wow...standing up to the food cop. Nice job. Okay will you reprimand me now?? You would think being on liquids that I would do fine with water right? NOPE. Drinking makes me hungry, especially when I am on liquids. But I am going right now and getting glass of water...or 2...or maybe even three.

Just got back from the gym and I ran 2.25 miles straight tonight. I will be at 5K (3.1 miles for those American non-scientists!) by the end of this month. MARK MY WORDS. Remember my goal was 5 straight miles by August, but since I wont be running after July 3 due to TT, I have to get to 5 straight miles by my birthday! July 1.

I have been reading about people gaining 7-10 pounds on the PS thread when they get unfilled for their surgery and they have only been unfilled for 2 weeks:scared2:. I will be unfilled for 3 months! SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! Maybe I am more determined, strong willed, and determined than they are. Yeah...that is it. I can do it...I can do it... C'mon join the chorus! I was just thinking that the day before my surgery I might go splurge a little. Then quickly I dismissed that idea. I guess I will just have to be the "enforcer" from the couch.

Karri - Yep Ruby put me in my place - but even us Food Cops need some policing too :Dancing_angry::lol:

Congrats on the Exercise - You are doing so good. I am proud of you... Your bday is the same day as my Mom's :thumbup:

I am not worried about you being unfilled at all - I have read the PS thread too and heck those women are as dedicated as you and some of that weight gain is from the surgery - water retention swelling - so you can not get on the scale after the TT for 2 weeks ..

I gotta say I might splurge before surgery - not so much junk - cuz that goes down OK now :lol: - but I would love to eat a big juice bloody steak (I am a cannibal ladies :)) I can eat steak but not a lot... So something like that - not the sweets.

well maybe a little:redface: the sweets..:thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Steph

That's FANTASTIC !!! That 12 lbs a month - GOOD JOB!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Peaches

You might not really feel the restriction until you get to real food. Hold on - I know it's hard - but we are cheering you on...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jackie - GF what's up ???

-----------------------------------------------------------

I made this great dinner last night - a new one pot wonder

ground white turkey meat (about 8 oz) onion - bell pepper- 1/2 c corn - 1/4 c rice - 1 can of Tomato bisque Soup. it makes enough for 3 or 4 nights - I had one full cup - guesstimate the calories to be about 210 - 250 max - It was really good.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I am drinking my water - and will report in when I have this 16.9 ozs done - I have to drink 4 of them for 67.60 oz of water - I think I need it cuz I have been having tmi stopped up issues :thumbup:

Ok off to work (well I am at work) but you know what I mean

TTYL :lol:

Good Morning Phyl,

Your husband sounds too funny!! I had shakes yesterday, Decaf and then my DH made Soup for supper it smelled so good.... I broke down and had some canned soup too about 8 pm. It tasted so good, but today I am doing Protein shakes...

I just drank my first, it went down pretty well... didn't have any tightness. weird. I hope this is not a precursor of things to come... I am so skeptical now, having had so much trouble... I am almost afraid to HOPE (that this all works)

I wanted the BAND so much in July, my head was in the right place then...

Good luck today and keep me posted.

There was another one of us that had a fill yesterday too??? How are YOU doing?

You, me, Mango and Steph..

four of us all on the same day...

I'm doing great... just a little bit of a sore belly from all the pushing and poking and sticking!

I can't see what's going on, so I don't know if she was putting the needle in over and over or just moving it around trying to get it right into the center of the port. She did seem to be injecting the Lidocaine in several places before she started, but this morning I just have two tiny bruises for apparently only two needle sticks. They use fluoro, so every time she repositioned the needle then she would have the radiology tech slide that big machine over me again to see where the needle was. That was the part I could watch because the screen was right next to my head. She said I have a pocket of scar tissue right in the way of the center of the port that she had to keep fighting.

What is really amazing is that there is

NO bruise

on my arm from the blood draw afterwards and I ALWAYS bruise there!

Yes, DH is a kick! I get mad and I rebel sometimes, but he is FOR me and not AGAINST me and I know that! Makes me mad when he's right!! :thumbup:

He listens to every word the dr/pa/nutritionist says and then feeds it back to me if I'm violating

any of the "RULES"!

Too bad he doesn't listen to ME that attentively!! :thumbup:

I'm supposed to be on "full" liquids for two days...

she said that's anything you can sip through a straw!

We made some really good lentil stew on Sunday so it would be ready for me Monday. So he pureed some for me last night at dinner time, in the Magic Bullet.

I complained when I saw what a little tiny bit he heated for me, but.... he was determined I was having only 1/2 cup and guess what... that's all I could eat anyway!

This morning he fixed me some oatmeal.. one of those little "heart healthy" packages. He even had to go to the store like before 7 a.m. to get some milk for it...

again... I could only eat 1/2 of it.

So I seem to have good restriction.

This is the first fill that I can actually feel a little sort of a bubbling sensation when I drink something.

So I'm being careful not to gulp.

Don't get discouraged if you're not feeling tight enough... this is your first fill really. It's probably going to take a couple before you're where you want to be. And you're not going to feel any restriction

with Protein Drinks.

It's going to be OKAY... really!!

Hang in there.

Alright, a little quiet time so I can respond to everything I've read this weekend....if I forgot you, please forgive me :thumbup:)

Karri, you inspire me. I wish I had half the motivation that you do. I just find your workouts amazing. You are so dedicated. I was going to post that I thought you should unfill completely now since it's such an issue going back and forth. You have the commitment to make this work and it may help you in the maintenance phase anyways. You have such great eating habits in place that I think you'll be fantastic.

Phyll, I wish my dh cared as much about what I was doing. He is enjoying the emerging woman but could care less about how I get there. Enjoy the help even when it gets annoying.

Peaches, I hope your fill sticks. I feel a little different today...I can feel my coffee all the way down...but I don't know if it will stay that way. I hope we both have some restriction so that we can ignore those demons who are starting to rear their ugly heads.

I want to say welcome to the new comers. I am a December bandster but these guys have adopted me. They have been so great!!! My own board is very inactive so this place helps me stay on top of things. Join in. It's so much fun.

Now...onto other stuff....

The hotel we stayed at had a Water park and I went down the water slide....three times! Which means I climbed those freaking stairs 3 times!!! I would have done more but I was getting banged up pretty good on the slides and dh twisted his ankle on the landing. While we were sitting in the hottub we started discussing my tummy and my girls.....and he seems more than happy to pay for ps when I get to that point! We talked about a tt, a little joy for the girls, and then I mentioned a kitty lift and he just looked at me like I was crazy. How exciting is that!

My new weight puts me 12 pounds from being fat!!! I am so excited about that. I could be just fat by M of A trip!!! I am going to throw a party when I get there....bet you me!!!

Well...better get to teaching. I'll talk to you all again soon I'm sure.

1 Bottle Down !!!! 3 to go !!!!

1 Bottle Down !!!! 3 to go !!!!

How funny!!! I had just remembered I was going to chime in on the "no snack if you don't get your water!" That made me laugh and laugh. The food cop getting got!!! We'll be the Water patrol!

I need to focus on getting more plain water in. I get the Fluid but much of it is coffee or Protein drinks so I need to push the water instead. So far (10:30) I have had 8 oz v8 fusion light, 8 oz Protein Drink, 16 oz coffee. I am sitting here looking at 8 more oz of protein because tummy is growling and I'm not sure Protein Bar is a good choice today. I need to go fill my water bottle.< /p>

Everyone chime in...how's your fluid intake going???

Hello everyone. I was just checking out the thread for the second time today. LOL I read EVERY post every day but don't always have anything to report so I don't.

Kari I would go for the unfill. I think you are dedicated and discipline of yourself enough to handle it. 6 hours really is a ways to drive. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Look how far you have come in such a short time. OMW you are already at goals and only 8 months out!!!

Steph congrats on DH being ok with the PS. I have talked with mine about this a while ago and he told me if that is what I want then I would get it. :thumbup: Heck I gotta get things moving again though.

Janet what is that 14 days Olay stuff you are talking about. I can see little fine lines starting around my eyes even though no one else can!!!:lol: I use this other stuff already. My mom thinks I am nuts!!

Well I have been getting my exercise in and then some. A few days I have even gone out and walked 3 miles 2 times a day. I am really trying and this damn scale still doesn't move. I am going to get ALL of my Water in today no matter what. I am hoping that will start making things move. I must be losing inches though because I have noticed clothes are fitting differently. Now if the scale would move I would be ecstatic!!! :lol:

I am hanging in the balance about getting a fill. I don't know that I really need one but I am not sure. Like we have discussed the band is such a fickle thing and one day I may think I need one and then I will eat something and think heck no I am restricted. :thumbup: UUGGHHH what is a girl to do?????? I go for an appointment in a couple of weeks and I think I am going to talk to the PA while I am there and see what she thinks. I just don't know.

Well I better get. I am going to go do my walking. It has been really nice the last 3 days so I have been getting my walking in outside but after today it sounds like we will be getting rain for the next possibly 10 days. :thumbup:

TTYAL!!:thumbup: