Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Janet - I just bought a skirt that was size 6. I didn't believe it though. And yes your body will completely change once you add weights. Once I started really working out at the gym my body went through a total change. It was once I really added weights that people started making comments that I was getting "SKINNY" even though I wasn't losing huge amounts of weight.

Alright so I have pb'd 3 times in 2 weeks and I am getting tigher by the day. I thought you were supposed to loosen up as you go???? Well I think my tummy is just irritated so I went back to liquids. One bite into my salmon tonight and I said this isn't going to work. So I gave the fish to DH and took my asparagus and pulverized it with some onion and garlic in the food processor. Then I added some FF evaporated milk (which doesn't seem to bother my stomach), some parmeasean cheese, and some italian cheese blend and made some Soup. For the first time in weeks I ate without pain! We just went to the store and got some different veggies so that I could make some Soups for the next few days. I am going to stay on liquids as long as I can handle it to really let my stomach relax. Hopefully that will buy me the time I need to get to June 17. Anyone ever turn tuna noodle (well actually bean) casserole into a soup? I am going to try it tomorrow. I have a hard time getting Protein in when I am on soups, but I will just have to get creative.

Alrighty well we are going to play our WOrld of Warcraft so I will pop in and out and see if anyone is around.

Janet - I just bought a skirt that was size 6. I didn't believe it though. And yes your body will completely change once you add weights. Once I started really working out at the gym my body went through a total change. It was once I really added weights that people started making comments that I was getting "SKINNY" even though I wasn't losing huge amounts of weight.

Alright so I have pb'd 3 times in 2 weeks and I am getting tigher by the day. I thought you were supposed to loosen up as you go???? Well I think my tummy is just irritated so I went back to liquids. One bite into my salmon tonight and I said this isn't going to work. So I gave the fish to DH and took my asparagus and pulverized it with some onion and garlic in the food processor. Then I added some FF evaporated milk (which doesn't seem to bother my stomach), some parmeasean cheese, and some italian cheese blend and made some Soup. For the first time in weeks I ate without pain! We just went to the store and got some different veggies so that I could make some Soups for the next few days. I am going to stay on liquids as long as I can handle it to really let my stomach relax. Hopefully that will buy me the time I need to get to June 17. Anyone ever turn tuna noodle (well actually bean) casserole into a soup? I am going to try it tomorrow. I have a hard time getting Protein in when I am on soups, but I will just have to get creative.

Alrighty well we are going to play our WOrld of Warcraft so I will pop in and out and see if anyone is around.

Karri

Sorry about the pbing - Your soup sounds delicious - you are a good cook - you are like me (again:tongue:) where you can just throw things together to make something good.

Well, off to the t.v. for a bit - it's now 9:17 and I have been on this computer since around 6:30 - Phyl is in WA - they are at a park near her doctors - she gets her fill on Monday - somehow her phone can hook up to her computer - she sent me an email - stating she wasn't sure I would get it but I did - she has a cold that she got from one of her grandkids...

OK I gotta move...

Ck back in a bit..

Hi Gang

I've been away on a mini holiday with my DDH!!..

He took me to Niagra Falls!.. OMW it was so nice, a Marriot room with overlook of the Canadian Falls, we had a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace in our room. Couldn't have been nicer.

Now, I didn't behave like a good bandster... Drank wine, liqueours.... yummm

Gambled a 'wee' bit LOL.. heading home today. and bakc to work tomorrow.

WOW, sounds like I've missed some news on here the past few days.

Congrats on PS for BR... you'll be so happy with the results of that!!!

Tummy Tucks are happening too??? I am so jealous of that!!!

Catfish? Ya know I never thought about it, but it sounds like I should try it... its a very mild flavored fish ? Right Janet????

Lindaa! I am so sorry you are having issues with your night time muccous. It's not post sinus drip? Have you tried a nasal lavage with saline??? Just a suggestion... as my sinuses always act up and I wake in night with thick feeling too, but it has nothing to do with my band... as I had this issue long before banding.. I have nasal allergies or if the AIR in my bedroom is too dry then I get all plugged up too. It kinda drips down the back of your throut but ends up kinda gagging you...

Sorry about being gross... but we gotta share info.. right??? :biggrin:

Hi IndioGirl55,

I am brand new at this, didn't even go through the entire site yet, but I meant Rainer...I found her postings, maybe I didn't hit the right button on the right page, sorry about that...

FYI I am on here considering the LapBand procedure and trying to way out the differences...

Nic

Hi IndioGirl55,

I am brand new at this, didn't even go through the entire site yet, but I meant Rainer...I found her postings, maybe I didn't hit the right button on the right page, sorry about that...

FYI I am on here considering the LapBand procedure and trying to way out the differences...

Nic

Can I answer your questions?:biggrin:

Hi IndioGirl55,

Nic

Well it may be your fortune that you hit the wrong button and found us. This is the greatest board on the forum, in my opinion. As you can see from my signature, I am not even a July bandster, but I post here anyways! They are truly my family.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the band. Most of us have been there and done that. For me it is the greatest thing I have ever done in my life. With lots of hard work (mental and physical) I have lost 91.5 pounds in 8 months!!!!! This is no walk in the park, and there will be ups and downs, but it has given me more confidence than I have ever had in my life.

Good Morning! Tried to post earlier, but I think Sprint shut me down again. I was only online for about an hour! Picky, picky!!

Wonder where Janet is this morning?? Probably at the gym.... or out shopping again!! :biggrin:

Nothing much to report. Cold is still here... can almost breathe through my nose today! Woo hoo! Came to see the grandkids to see if there's anything else I can pick up before we head home on Tuesday! :tongue:

GOOD ALMOST AFTERNOON LADIES !!!

I have been up since 7 a.m. (well the smoke alarm went off at 5 a.m. need new batteries i guess as there was no fire :lol:)

I have read the paper - done 3 loads of wash - cleaned my room, closet and bathroom (hairspay on mirrors - counter tops -floors ugh- but gotta look cute)- Ironed - (done all between 7 - 11)

Then got online - answered Phyl's email - then had a message from someone named ellen about the band - then Cheryl about the flabby skin issues for us older ppl and all that took 1 hour :lol: I finally made it here...

Peaches - I like catfish the most - it is less fishy than salmon - don't get me wrong I like fishy (or should I say strong foods - I like lamb too) and it's soft - I bake it with evoo salt pepper and garlic - or top it with Parmesan cheese - or salsa. I love it I eat it most nights...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun - what a great DH :thumbup: and you had a special weekend - I give you a pass for the alcohol :biggrin: cuz for us who drink - special occasion are drinking occasions :biggrin: and you don't do it every day - but now that you are back - watch those calories and hopefully you got some exercise (hint hint) that will help too :tt1:

Nic - anyone can help you here - just post your questions and you will most likely get 4 or 5 responses from us lucky #7's - as Karri said WE ARE THE BEST THREAD on this website - we have had like 9000 post - but we have had 138,000 people viewing our thread - what's that tell you :lol:

Ok gang - I am alive and well - but I need to do some Target & Walgreen shopping and may be hit Home Depot (a new one open down the street and we even have signal lights now - i am really getting up town)

So will ck back later ----:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:

Hi all, 16_2_108.gif

I'm alittle new at all of this, took me a while to find this thread, thanks to Janet, Terry and all who have responded to my post. This site is going to be an important tool for my journey, just as much as the band itself. I'm now 8 days out, surgery is 4/21 and each day 23_33_7.gifI have a differant emotion.202.giff?id=9759 4_6_200v.gif

I can use all the support I can get. My family is behind me 100%, but it's nice to have support from those who are on the same journey.

Carol

Welcome aboard Carol and Nicole. I hope you both decide to stay here in our friendly little thread. Ask whatever questions are on your mind. Sometimes I just come here to rant about whatever is going wrong in my mind, sometimes band related, sometimes not. But there is always a sympathetic ear here to respond to me or just to give me a cyber hug.

One thing's for sure, we'll be honest with you. Each of us has a different story and lots of different tricks that have worked. Some suggestions don't work, but that doesn't mean it's a bad suggestion because it may work for the next person who has the same problem.

The band life isn't always an easy one. Nor should it be. I think having to work hard for something as important as your health is well worth the extra effort and I've appreciated this journey more as a result.

If being slim was easy, everyone would be slim. Again, welcome aboard and don't be afraid to bombard us with questions. There's no such thing as a silly question. :biggrin:

Carol and Nicole:

Congrats on finding us here... it is great to share lives, stories, jokes, advise... whatever comes up. (ooohh, bad pun)

Surgery coming up soon, the waiting is the worst.. and then recovery is not bad at all... I've had more issues with Dental Surgery. You'll be glad you made the decision to journey into LapLand.

As Janet said, we're back in WA, but won't go home until Tuesday,

after my fill appt. See... it's a 19 mile drive from this RV park, but a 65 mile drive from our condo! And the appt is early Monday morning and I don't want to get up at O Dark 30 and drive through the Seattle traffic in order to get there by 9 a.m.!! So we're staying here... three nights, actually. Same thing on Monday... by the time we get back, it'll be too late to start the drive north... traffic in WA, especially Seattle area we think is almost WORSE than in L.A. or S.F.!!

Anyway, that gives me 24 hours to make sure my fill is okay. And the park check out time is 11 a.m. No way we can get back here by 11 a.m. tomorrow... therefore.... three nights, go home Tuesday!

And, yes, grandkids gave a nasty cold to their Mom and she gave it to me!! At least I can breathe through my nose again this morning! Pretty drippy, but breathing kind of normally again. Yuck!

We had a beautiful ride home... mostly up the CA and OR coast. I took lots of pictures. Had a short visit with my sister in OR, then stopped one night to visit with friends we met at our RV park in CA this winter... in Salem area.. where we got an eye opening education about farming. They are now retired, but sons and daughters and grandchildren, nephews, etc still in the business and we got a tour of the area. So very interesting... we really enjoyed it.

Haven't gotten on the scale for several days per Janet's orders!

I was getting too discouraged...

hard to eat right when visiting and traveling, etc.

And legs and feet all swollen from sitting and driving day after day! Doctor's scale tomorrow will tell the story.

Online by hooking up my cell phone to laptop...

so I can't stay on too long or Sprint will cut me off!!

HELLO CAROL AND NICOLE

CAROL IS THAT A WESTIE I SEE? I HAVE A WESTIE TOO.

I HAVE A FILL APPT. TOMORROW MORNING. I THINK I'M GONNA GET A SLIGHT FILL THIS TIME. I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE THE LAST TWO MONTHS.

QUESTION;

IF YOU HAVE VERY GOOD RESTRICTION SHOULD YOU HAVE TOO SIP Water?

I CAN GULP NOW. THIS FILL BUSINESS IS CONFUSING BECAUSE SOMETIMES I CAN EAT WHAT SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH, AND SOMETIMES I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING. THAT'S WHY GETTING ANOTHER FILL IS SO CONFUSING.

Wow Phyl, sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure!!!

I love the Oregon landscape, I am so jealous... Oh by the way did I read back a while ago that your DH is coming to Mall of America in July??? Just asking as if other hubbies are going I "MAY" consider mentioning it to my DH, although he probably is already booked up with Band Gigs on weekends all thru the summer.

Janet; Yes, it was a great little trip. It was so nice to get home today though and pick up my doggies!!! OMG I missed them so much, and I think they missed us too.

I had my Spring Cleaning done professionally while we were away. (Surprised hubby) oh was it ever nice to walk in and see the place all clean and tidy.... It was expensive, but worth it.

Off to Toronto in the a.m. for my 1st fill since Port Replacement surgery... I am hoping that this will work for me.... I'll letyou know more tomorrow night!

HELLO CAROL AND NICOLE

CAROL IS THAT A WESTIE I SEE? I HAVE A WESTIE TOO.

I HAVE A FILL APPT. TOMORROW MORNING. I THINK I'M GONNA GET A SLIGHT FILL THIS TIME. I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE THE LAST TWO MONTHS.

QUESTION;

IF YOU HAVE VERY GOOD RESTRICTION SHOULD YOU HAVE TOO SIP Water?

I CAN GULP NOW. THIS FILL BUSINESS IS CONFUSING BECAUSE SOMETIMES I CAN EAT WHAT SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH, AND SOMETIMES I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING. THAT'S WHY GETTING ANOTHER FILL IS SO CONFUSING.

No matter how tight I am I have ALWAYS been able to gulp water so that was never the problem for me. Now if only I could eat food! I am really pissy with my band right now. I want to eat food and I can't without pain. Soups for as long as I can handle it.

Here is my question for everyone. I have to have a complete unfill before surgery per PS orders because she doesn't want any nutritional issues. I am perfectly fine with that because my band seems to tighten up when I am under stress anyways. I can have that unfill the last part of June when I don't have school. However I am really tight again and miserable. If it still hurts to eat after a week of liquids do you think that I should

1. Go and get my complete unfill now and then just really behave until perhaps the middle of August OR

2. Go and get a little unfill and then go back again in June to get the rest of it taken out.

3. Just deal with it and live on mushies and soups until June when I get the unfill.

Remember it is a 6 hour drive.

I am really torn right now and would like to hear what you all think. I am scared that I will gain weight back BUT I have been unfilled before and managed to lose 10 pounds during that time. Now I just need to maintain.