Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I hate it too, when we lose power. No heat, and we're out in the country. No sewers. Wells. No Water and no flushing toilets.

I'm a city girl :redface: so am lucky I don't have that stuff to deal with except in the summer -NO A/C :tongue::eek:

How's retirement going for you DH & you... Are you going crazy or enjoying it..

Here's the thing: They have the right to take away anything that doesn't meet the criteria. So if you have a big can of aeresol hairspray--gone! If your liquid foundation or deordorant is in a container bigger than 3 ounces--gone! etc. Even a half used tube of toothpaste, they can take away if the tube's too big. I had them pour distilled Water out of a 8 oz container b/c it was too big--at least they gave me the container back.

In SuperTarget near where they sell the luggage and stuff, I've seen "travel packs" that is a bag with empty containers inside the correct size to fill with toiletries. I'm betting anything aerosol will be confiscated.

Yeah, you may not be able to carry Water through the checkout area. I think if you want it you have to purchase it once you've gone through. I've heard where they've asked women who have bottles of formula for their infants drink out of the bottles to show there's nothing harmful in them. :redface:

What a nightmare this has become - ok travel hairspray too - makeup s/b ok and they do have stores in Vegas :redface:

I put it in simple terms. Anything I won't cry over being tossed in the trash, I'll take with me. So it's not really a break to your bank account if they tell you you have to throw out one or more of your cosmetics, unless they cost an arm and a leg like some can. If you've got expensive perfume, make-up or jewelry (not that I do) don't carry it. Who knows when they may decide you can't wear a broach or a hairpin.

I put it in simple terms. Anything I won't cry over being tossed in the trash, I'll take with me. So it's not really a break to your bank account if they tell you you have to throw out one or more of your cosmetics, unless they cost an arm and a leg like some can. If you've got expensive perfume, make-up or jewelry (not that I do) don't carry it. Who knows when they may decide you can't wear a broach or a hairpin.

Ruby

My foundation isn't expensive - loreal or revlon - perfurm ya it's expenseive - ya pretty soon we won't be able to wear jewelry on the plane or have a book - ipod - phone ...

911 - I doubt that any of these new precautions would have stopped 911 if they were in place - if some one wnat to do something bad enought they will find a way..

Hey Gang - doing my usual - come home , go to the gym, come home sign on to lbt - but no ones here :redface:

Karri - Yep - I have done good this last week on exercise - I had sort of slacked off - I was just doing trainer and sat mornings - I need more than that I think so for now my goal is 2 days trainer 2 days treadmil (this is for a week not a month:wink_smile:)

Ok Well going to go watch the news - will ck back in a bit

I happened to be flying back from Vegas on the weekend that all the liquid restrictions went into place. My flight left around 8:30 am, and I had to get to the airport by 4:00 am just to make sure that I could get through security. That was the last time that I have flown but it was adventuresome! By the time I got through security I only had to wait for my flight for less than an hour!

Congrats Janet on the HUGE compliment. That will be lots of fun for you and they couldn't have picked a better person.

Another NSV! My size 10 jeans are too big! I haven't tried any size 8 jeans yet. I have a couple pair of size 8 dress pants but I seem to be able to wear smaller dress pants than jeans. I might go to the thrift store tomorrow and see if anything fits. It is 50% on Fridays so that is when I go. I refuse to buy many new clothes before PS because they figure I will go down 1 size for certain possibly 2. The doc asked me if I would faint if I was able to put on size 4s after surgery. I said probably...right after I wore them inside out and posted the picture on a bulletin board!

Well off to eat dinner. We are having homemade LF coleslaw and crabcakes. MMMMM good!

I happened to be flying back from Vegas on the weekend that all the liquid restrictions went into place. My flight left around 8:30 am, and I had to get to the airport by 4:00 am just to make sure that I could get through security. That was the last time that I have flown but it was adventuresome! By the time I got through security I only had to wait for my flight for less than an hour!

Congrats Janet on the HUGE compliment. That will be lots of fun for you and they couldn't have picked a better person.

Another NSV! My size 10 jeans are too big! I haven't tried any size 8 jeans yet. I have a couple pair of size 8 dress pants but I seem to be able to wear smaller dress pants than jeans. I might go to the thrift store tomorrow and see if anything fits. It is 50% on Fridays so that is when I go. I refuse to buy many new clothes before PS because they figure I will go down 1 size for certain possibly 2. The doc asked me if I would faint if I was able to put on size 4s after surgery. I said probably...right after I wore them inside out and posted the picture on a bulletin board!

Well off to eat dinner. We are having homemade LF coleslaw and crabcakes. MMMMM good!

SIZE 4 :redface::eek: you go girl OMG even a 6 is GREAT....

Crabcakes sound good - i have never had then - I am having salmon - i am hungry - lunch was slider food - healthy zuchinee shredded chick spag sauce - 1 cup but I am hungry and it's only 6:30 -

ok I gotta got eat a cracker or something - I am starving - will be back

The doc asked me if I would faint if I was able to put on size 4s after surgery. I said probably...right after I wore them inside out and posted the picture on a bulletin board!

:redface::lol::tongue::lol: Too funny!

Oh Karri, a size 4! My 21-year old daughter wears a 4 and she is THIN! Just imagine what that's gong to be like! I am really very happy for you. You've worked hard and it's paying off.

Good morning everyone.

Just stopping by to say "hi". I don't have anything to say, other than I don't feel the presence of any demons. Yet. :scared2: Fingers crossed it'll stay that way for the whole day.

OH. I did want to mention one thing. I've been making a more conscious effort to get my Water in like Janet's been urging us, and while I haven't quite made the target goal, I'm getting closer and closer every day. Maybe today will be success day for me. :sad_smile:

Your laugh for the day

Remember before you read this, Times have Changed

O.K. Background info: so this openly gay boy is in the discipline office with me and my secretary. He wore a bra to class Tues. and made sure the teacher and others saw it, he also had on silver jelly shoes and his fake fingernails. He was majorly reprimanded! So Wed, he puts the freakin silver shoes on in gym. So today he has an in school suspension.

We are discussing how we don't know when he's lying. He says I ain't gonna lie, I had dem shoes in my closet so....

My secretary says, "Boy, You know, ain't a freakin thing in your closet, everythings out your closet!"

LoL That is funny Denise! Goodmorning everyone!!! Hope everyone is ready for the weekend. I'm going to get my hair cut and highlighted tomorrow. yay! I had a , fill yesterday... my Dr. said im doing good. She gave me .15 it really is amazing how that little can make such a big difference. My sister came over last night for dinner and she said "is that all your really going to eat" LoL I was like "Woohoo" esp. since I couldnt even finish what I had. My Dr. is so so so conservative with fills... So i feel like It has taken me a really long time to get to this place of feeling restriction and not being hungry. I'm happy to finally be here! Okay off to work! Have a good friday everyone!

The plastic surgeon's office just called. My insurance approved me for a breast reduction. Now the terror sets in. ^_^ I'm gonna set it up for early June.