Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Here's a site with some great receipts that a gf just sent me...

Low Sodium recipes including Low Sodium Fish & chicken Recipes | MrsDash.com

I am here I just have been dealing with Plastic Surgery issues. Now the doc that I was going to in Portland called me with the revised price and it is up to 13500$ I can't afford that at all. So I am going to the consult with the doc in town tomorrow. They were good enough to push the consult up so that I could figure out the financing issues. This seriously has been a bumpy ride.

Then there is the fill issue. I am sure that my tummy is inflammed from the pb'ing issues yesterday but I could hardly get anything down today. I didn't eat my lunch but had crackers instead because they would go down. I may have to break down and go get more of an unfill because I don't know that I can keep this up until June.

But on a good note I did just get my wedding pictures, so when I get home I will put them together in a collage and post them. They aren't great, but the do show how much fun we had. Just so you know, my DH doesn't like to smile for pictures!

Darling - don't stress it will all work out and wasn't the local doc the one who would try and get it covered by insurance???

Can't wait until tonite to see pic :frown::tongue:

Hey there Phyl - we still have some wind - mostly at night - so our weather hasn't gotten any better since you left.

You all are really quite today - is this a good thing or a bad thing :thumbup:

Are we falling off the band wagon - or are we just busy - or we are doing good.

I am back from the dentist - thankfully the crown he is replacing the tooth already had a root canal - so I didn't have to have gas :wink2: -

I am hungry haven't eaten lunch gotta go throw my veggies in the microwave...

Hope you all are having a good day...

Hi, All!

Windy where we are, too, Janet!

The sun is shining but it's cool. We spent some time with the kids at their place this morning and then we all went to the beach.. in three cars! Other grandpa is a real character. His truck is about 50 years old and has no dashboard. If you saw this guy coming down the sidewalk towards you, you'd cross the street!! :eek: He's harmless, but eccentric to say the least... straggly hair everywhere!

He thinks it's still the 60's!

11_12_1.gif

Anyway, DGD, 6 yrs old, was in the Water to her ankles when a wave knocked her off balance and she was face down in the water! Her back was still dry, the rest of her soaked! I didn't see it... I couldn't climb the sand dune to get to the beach with them.

I am here I just have been dealing with Plastic Surgery issues. Now the doc that I was going to in Portland called me with the revised price and it is up to 13500$ I can't afford that at all. So I am going to the consult with the doc in town tomorrow. They were good enough to push the consult up so that I could figure out the financing issues. This seriously has been a bumpy ride.

But on a good note I did just get my wedding pictures, so when I get home I will put them together in a collage and post them. They aren't great, but the do show how much fun we had. Just so you know, my DH doesn't like to smile for pictures!

A bumpy ride indeed!! It will all work out. And, it does make sense that insurance should pay at least part of it if your doctor says it's causing these back problems you're having!

We're all waiting anxiously to see the wedding pictures!! Hurry!!

Darling - don't stress it will all work out and wasn't the local doc the one who would try and get it covered by insurance???

Can't wait until tonite to see pic :tongue::tongue:

I am not doing well food wise.

.. I know... in the "OLD DAYS", I would've eaten a lot more these past few days, but I just feel like I've blown it. We went out to eat last night... I got scallops, had one teeny crust of bread, steamed veggies... a small cup of chowder. Ate half my dinner and had the other half for breakfast! But now we're going out again tonight. Others didn't go with us last night. So tonight, since we're leaving in the morning and I think the other grandpa and his daughter are leaving tomorrow, too, so SIL & DD thought we should all go out to their favorite place tonight. Seafood place, so there should be healthy choices. This has to stop... and it will... when we're back on the road tomorrow and by ourselves again, but I think I"m up a couple of pounds! OUr scale is so erratic... depends how level the RV is, etc. Last week I was 5 lb heavier than I was on the TOPS scale 15 minutes later in exactly the same clothes! So I don't really know, but I"m worried.

These food issues are so emotional!! And I've failed so miserably in the past! It just makes me so stressed! I see my doctor on Monday. Well.... I guess I'll actually be seing the P.A., but that's okay. She's always so aloof, though! It's hard to break through her shell. Hopefully it'll be a good visit. We're staying one night in the RV park not too far away to make sure everything is okay after this fill.

Here are the second set! My shirt was way too big as you can see, but these were our Valentine's gifts to each other a couple of years ago so we thought it was fitting. Plus it showed just how nerdy we both are!

Wedding Pictures 2.bmp

Karri

What wonderful pictures - DH is a cutie :thumbup::tt1:

You guys look like you really did have a good time and so happy to.

Just make me tear up - I told you your band mommy is a sentimental fool

I'm so happy for you.

Your Dad is good looking too..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Phyl

You are doing good on your portions sound like they are ok - so don't sweat it you are doing the best you can while eating out. Like I said before my challenge will be the weekends that I am not at home - plus I know the concert will involve drinking and maybe be the night before to -

I know we are all so concerned about losing weight right now - and we want to keep the scales moving downward - but life does happen and there are going to be times that we gain 5 lbs - the diff is now we will stop at those 5 lbs - no more oh 5lbs that's ok my clothes still fit - NO WE WILL NOT EVER AGAIN ALLOW MORE THAN A 5 LBS GAIN - WE WILL GET RIGHT BACK ON TRACT IMMEDIATELY - but it's going to happen - so like you tell me "Chill" you are doing very well and compared on what you would have done last yr at this time - you are 100% a head of the game...

I would have loved to see DGD in the Water - those are the best scenes

funny but not funny - hope she didn't get too cold..

OH the top scale counts til you get home and get back on your home scale..

Karri--Looks like you were having a lot of fun getting married. Thanks for sharring with us. Yes, you are having an interesting ride getting the PS. It's never easy is it?

Phyl--even if you gain a pound or two or five, like you said, once you get back on your own, it will come off. I thought I really messed up last weekend, and today I was down 2 more pounds. The scale is funny that way. Remember, we're in this for the long haul, but like Janet said, you gotta live life too. Do you think that part of what you're feeling might be related to leaving the warm, sunny, weather and going back north? For me, the trip home is the worst part. It just gets colder and greyer with every mile. Hey, just think, by this time next year, you'll be over thoes sand dunes will not keep you from the water! Look at how far you've come already! If you can't get through to that PA then no one can. I can't wait to hear how you do it!

Well I just got back from Spanish class and I am on my second glass of vino. I saved calories for it all day, so it's OK. It's been raining all day and the temp is 36. I am just sooo cold all the time lately. I guess I'm missing a lot of insulation; I just can't warm up. I go to bed with layers of stuff on, and then end up with night sweats so bad that sometimes I have to change 3 times before morning! I don't know--really goofy. I am also really tired and achey during the day. I have an appt with my PCP in a couple of weeks--guess we'll talk about all of this. Funny thing too--here I was thinking that it's been about a year since Aunt Flo's last visit, and guess who showed up last week?

Well, Wednesday is approaching--classes all morning and Margo in the aft. Guess i should try to get some shut eye time.

It is kind of hard to tell from the pics but I look JUST like my dad. More so when I was fatter but, I don't look a thing like my mom. And my DH is a cutie pie. And so great! Just love him to pieces. Even when he eats Cookies in front of me!

So I just got back from the gym and guess what....I RAN 2 STRAIGHT MILES! No stopping no slowing down I just ran. I could have gone further but I got bored. That is my biggest problem with cardio...I get bored too quickly. When lifting weights there is something to focus on, but when you are running, not so much!

Well I am turning into my band mommy. I haven't eaten dinner yet and this is WAAAAAYYYY past dinner time for me! Then I have to look up some applications for my DH to apply for. Just heard on the news that the local airport is hiring TSA agents so that will make his 30th application of the month! He has got to find something!

Linda

Congrats on 2 more lbs :eek: Vino and all you are doing so good.:tongue:..

Why did you take your ticker off :thumbup:

I didn't exercise tonite - went to see a gf then drop off my check for the Ranches property taxes :eek: due by the 10th

I have been tired too. I don't think I have been eating as well as I should. Last week I didn't eat Breakfast a couple of days and on the weekends my eating is all messed up except for dinner - I ALWAYS EAT DINNER :Banane20: today my lunch was 2 crackers and 1 piece of string cheese

I was hungry when I got home but got on the computer and then cleaned up the mess my sick gs left.

I am done with the whole Aunt Flo issue I think.. it had been about 9 months no spotting or anything - then had 3 weeks of spotting but that was a while back - but i am lucky no other symptoms at all..

Learning spanish - that's really great... Here in Indio the majority of the population is Mexican - Como Sa Yama (can't spell spanish) can understand a few words - know the cuss words of course - and i am an EXPERT in ordering food (Taco - Burritto - El Pollo - Friejolies) - but I can't speak the lanuage - I can barely speak english :Banane20:

what's margo in the aft??

Sorry for the rain and cold - We have winds and cloudy for the next few days - but this weekend is suppose to be hot - don't you need to come visit your son out here in Cali for some reason - heck just getting away from the cold would be reason enought and you really could just come and stay with me for a couple of days - I would make sure I stocked your kind of vino :wink2:

Well gotta go feed my little fur babies...

Phyl

You are doing good on your portions sound like they are ok - so don't sweat it you are doing the best you can while eating out. Like I said before my challenge will be the weekends that I am not at home - plus I know the concert will involve drinking and maybe be the night before to -

I know we are all so concerned about losing weight right now - and we want to keep the scales moving downward - but life does happen and there are going to be times that we gain 5 lbs - the diff is now we will stop at those 5 lbs - no more oh 5lbs that's ok my clothes still fit - NO WE WILL NOT EVER AGAIN ALLOW MORE THAN A 5 LBS GAIN - WE WILL GET RIGHT BACK ON TRACT IMMEDIATELY - but it's going to happen - so like you tell me "Chill" you are doing very well and compared on what you would have done last yr at this time - you are 100% a head of the game...

I would have loved to see DGD in the Water - those are the best scenes

funny but not funny - hope she didn't get too cold..

OH the top scale counts til you get home and get back on your home scale..

Nope, she didn't get too cold.

..she just lost some dignity!

She is somewhat of a drama queen at 6 yrs old and she claimed that the ocean almost washed her out to sea!

Thanks for the encouragement! I did great tonight... I ordered Crab Cioppino... sure I didn't spell that right, but you get the picture. A big old bowl of crab legs, prawns, oysters & clams still in the shell. I had to get my hands in there and work at getting the good stuff out.. and it was in a Tomato based Soup, so I was a mess!! Too bad no one got pictures! It must have been a sight to see. I dirtied up two white linen napkins and then the waitress brought be a bowl of hot water with a lemon in it and a 3rd napkin!! I brought most of the crab legs home to play with later. It came with soup or salad, so my daughter told me to order salad with ranch dressing and she would eat it. Her fish & chips came with soup OR salad & she wanted both! So she got clam chowder and I gave her my salad.

36_33_15.gif

Phyl--even if you gain a pound or two or five, like you said, once you get back on your own, it will come off. I thought I really messed up last weekend, and today I was down 2 more pounds. The scale is funny that way. Remember, we're in this for the long haul, but like Janet said, you gotta live life too. Do you think that part of what you're feeling might be related to leaving the warm, sunny, weather and going back north? For me, the trip home is the worst part. It just gets colder and greyer with every mile. Hey, just think, by this time next year, you'll be over thoes sand dunes will not keep you from the water! Look at how far you've come already! If you can't get through to that PA then no one can. I can't wait to hear how you do it!

You got that right... its getting colder and colder as we got north! Actually, now that we're heading north again, it's supposed to be in the 70's here at the ocean tomorrow

and then in to the 80's after that!

But daughter up in WA says it's supposed to warm up there by Saturday, too!

It is kind of hard to tell from the pics but I look JUST like my dad. More so when I was fatter but, I don't look a thing like my mom. And my DH is a cutie pie. And so great! Just love him to pieces. Even when he eats Cookies in front of me!

So I just got back from the gym and guess what....I RAN 2 STRAIGHT MILES! No stopping no slowing down I just ran. I could have gone further but I got bored. That is my biggest problem with cardio...I get bored too quickly. When lifting weights there is something to focus on, but when you are running, not so much!

Well I am turning into my band mommy. I haven't eaten dinner yet and this is WAAAAAYYYY past dinner time for me! Then I have to look up some applications for my DH to apply for. Just heard on the news that the local airport is hiring TSA agents so that will make his 30th application of the month! He has got to find something!

Pictures are GREAT!! You two look so happy!

congratulations again!!

Another PB...What is up? I didn't think I was eating too quickly but this time I PB'd on Cereal and yogurt. Much better than fish and spinach, but still not something I am happy with. This is really weird because I have only PB'd once before and now this is twice in 3 days.

PS consult in 6 hours. Toes and fingers crossed please!

Karri, your wedding pictures look great. Now that's my kinda wedding! I don't go for all the pomp and circumstance of weddings. You looked like you were both happy and enjoying each other. And that's really what it's all about. Congrats again. :biggrin2:

Karri, your wedding pictures look great. Now that's my kinda wedding! I don't go for all the pomp and circumstance of weddings. You looked like you were both happy and enjoying each other. And that's really what it's all about. Congrats again. :biggrin2:

Me either. I was never one of those girls that dreamed about their wedding. I really don't like being the center of attention so this was perfect. Very small gathering and it was hillarious.

We'll be back on the road this morning

--- Hopefully not fighting too many of those big trucks. They don't like senior citizens driving RVs!!

Today we'll be driving through the grape vines,

then the redwoods and, I hope,

out to the CA coast by this` afternoon..

Place where I'm planning we'll stay if we can make it that far has very weak Wi-Fi,

so may be a while before I'm back!!

I'll have lots to catch up on...

PS consult, etc.

DH's 65th birthday is today.

Card I bought made him cry!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

7_6_1.gif 3_10_4v.gif

Good Morning Gang

Phyl the cippino sounds great I have always wanted that and bul-u- base (sp - just sound it out:biggrin:) Ya remember the days where we ate the bread, Soup, salad and our dinner - then wanted dessert :rolleyes::lol::redface:

Karri you might just still be a little swollen - and sometimes (not often) i find my band tight at night especially if I haven't eaten in a while.

Well, I was hungry last night - I think my band has loosen up a bit - or it could be that I am just tired - from what i don't know - I have been trying to do better with my Vitamins and today - goal is to drink my Water !!!!

Ok off to ck my desk - Later