Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Morning all. I am around but late for me today.

I have had 24 oz of Water so far so it's going well there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for lunch today but planning on pork tenderloin for dinner somehow. I'm dying for some good fruit and veggies. It never can get here soon enough.

Peaches, I've started using thedailyplate.com for my calorie tracker. They seem to have a really good database of foods. It was the first one I went to, I didn't look at the others out there...it was good enough for what I wanted it to do. It has an exercise tracker too and that's nice so by the end of the day it tells me how many calories I have to spend or how many I still need to burn. So far for the week I am still in the clear. Oh...and it asked my height weight and normal activity level and my goal to figure out my calorie needs. It gives me 1180 calories a day (5'2, 172 pounds) to loose 2 pounds a week. Figured it was about what my nut said I needed so I'm calling it accurate. I'm not sure about the exercise calories burned because it depends on which "walking 3mph" you choose. I know I walk faster than that (measured with my gps) so I picked the high end.

I'm always sitting at the computer it seems like. I have a laptop that I sit at while I'm watching tv in the evenings so I keep track of everything in my head and then type it in after I've done everything in the evening. If I still have calories left, I allow myself a snack. I bought some quaker mini rice cake Snacks 100 cal bags, some schwans sf ice cream bars that have 75 cals I think, or string cheese. I've decided that if I don't count my cals then I don't get a snack!

This is my new habit for this week. It's working so far. Another thing to do with computer instead of LBT!!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!

Karri, take this week to really push the training for the 5k! You'll have a great race I'm sure!!!

I didn't get to do the race, but DH and I went and played tennis for 1.5 hours instead. It was a lot of fun...but it is frigid outside. Explain this one to me...How can it be sunny AND snowing at the same time!

Snow3046-1-1.jpg

Taken last night at dusk. Snow has pretty much all melted now, but still cold out....38 and every now and then, it starts snowing again.

One of my sisters in Buffalo called... complaining because it was 89 there today!! Go figure!!

My DD has prom tonight and we just got back from the Grand March. I am pretty teary tonight because I just can't believe my baby is a junior already. The other part is this is one of 'those moments' when I wish sooooo badly her dad could be here for her. Earlier when I was helping her put her make up on I was trying to hold it together but my bottom lip was trembling as my eyes filled and she said 'Oh come on mom!" and she started laughing. I said 'I know I know it is just one of those moments for me. You are always going to be my baby." I told her how beautiful she is and how proud of her I am and her dad would be.' I just wanted to share my pictures with you guys here. I am sure you have figured it out but she is the one in the blue with the glowing smile tonight. She is sooooo happy!!! Uh oh here come the Water works again. I am a freakin mess tonight!! 4_9_2.gif 4_9_9.gif 4_9_3.gif

100_1151.jpg100_1134.jpg100_1133.jpg

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Edited by jackie506

I Am Sorry. I Didn't Mean To Make Them So Big!! I Don't Know How To Make Them Smaller.

Morning all. I am around but late for me today.

I have had 24 oz of Water so far so it's going well there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for lunch today but planning on pork tenderloin for dinner somehow. I'm dying for some good fruit and veggies. It never can get here soon enough.

Peaches, I've started using thedailyplate.com for my calorie tracker. They seem to have a really good database of foods. It was the first one I went to, I didn't look at the others out there...it was good enough for what I wanted it to do. It has an exercise tracker too and that's nice so by the end of the day it tells me how many calories I have to spend or how many I still need to burn. So far for the week I am still in the clear. Oh...and it asked my height weight and normal activity level and my goal to figure out my calorie needs. It gives me 1180 calories a day (5'2, 172 pounds) to loose 2 pounds a week. Figured it was about what my nut said I needed so I'm calling it accurate. I'm not sure about the exercise calories burned because it depends on which "walking 3mph" you choose. I know I walk faster than that (measured with my gps) so I picked the high end.

I'm always sitting at the computer it seems like. I have a laptop that I sit at while I'm watching tv in the evenings so I keep track of everything in my head and then type it in after I've done everything in the evening. If I still have calories left, I allow myself a snack. I bought some quaker mini rice cake Snacks 100 cal bags, some schwans sf ice cream bars that have 75 cals I think, or string cheese. I've decided that if I don't count my cals then I don't get a snack!

This is my new habit for this week. It's working so far. Another thing to do with computer instead of LBT!!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!

Karri, take this week to really push the training for the 5k! You'll have a great race I'm sure!!!

:tongue_smilie: I am still trying to get this multiquote thing to work... sorry I'm technically challenged LOL

I did snack this evening, but I got some GREAT excersise in today. I gathered up my pouch and MP3 player, sunhat and did 3 Km. It was the perfect temperature for it. Then I raked the back yard gardens for about 2 hours.... so hopefully it's a net/net thing with the calouries.

Night, night everyone!

Candice

Hi all.

I had a pretty crappy day food wise. I just couldn't stop grazing today. Nothing too horrible but one chocolate chip cookie, but it was just WAY TOO MUCH food. I did go for a walk tonight and increased it to 3 miles. It sure felt good to get out and do that. I didn't walk yesterday and really regretted it.

I got the exercise bug today and bought a total gym. I needed to do something for weight training....since there is no gym in town and the school weight room is usually full of teenagers....and qvc had a good easy pay. I figured if I didn't buy it I'd have another excuse and I don't want to excuse anything. Hell, if Chuck Norris says it's great how bad can it be????

I'm going to call it a night. I did get in all my Water and then some today. About the only positive thing to come out of all of this. Oh well. Start fresh tomorrow. Maybe the increase in calories will boost my metabolism??? Nah...can't even sell that one to me. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow.

Good night.

Jackie, Your little girl is beautiful!!! I can't even imagine my little girl growing up and going to prom. I know it won't be long....but it's hard to imagine.

Again, absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Wow! Sure is quiet. It's 8:30 here and I just managed to get out of the shower. Drinking a proticcino. Replacing my bolthouse farms that is 170 cals and 10protien for this that is 80 cals and 15 prt. Not cutting out my Creamer yet, just cutting it down a bit.

My binge yesterday cost me 2 pounds. I know I didn't eat 7000 cals so I'm sure it has a lot to do with the amount of sodium in the crap I ate. Last night while I was walking I could feel my fingers swelling up like little sausages. Going to stick to super foods today like veggies and solid Protein. Hopefully I'll turn it around.

Wish I knew WHY I did that yesterday. I know I was feeling some stress and bored...but I've had that before and didn't binge. I guess everything was just right yesterday. Or wrong...whichever the case may be.

The weather seems to be turning colder again today. Not as cold as you have it Phyl, but maybe we'll get some moisture out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways. My FIL is getting a little antsy about the lack of moisture in the ground. It's time to start seeding.

Well...have a great Sunday everyone. I'm off to church and then maybe I'll get two walks in today. One after church and one this evening....something to counteract my stupidity.

Wow! Sure is quiet. It's 8:30 here and I just managed to get out of the shower. Drinking a proticcino. Replacing my bolthouse farms that is 170 cals and 10protien for this that is 80 cals and 15 prt. Not cutting out my creamer yet, just cutting it down a bit.

My binge yesterday cost me 2 pounds. I know I didn't eat 7000 cals so I'm sure it has a lot to do with the amount of sodium in the crap I ate. Last night while I was walking I could feel my fingers swelling up like little sausages. Going to stick to super foods today like veggies and solid Protein. Hopefully I'll turn it around.

Wish I knew WHY I did that yesterday. I know I was feeling some stress and bored...but I've had that before and didn't binge. I guess everything was just right yesterday. Or wrong...whichever the case may be.

The weather seems to be turning colder again today. Not as cold as you have it Phyl, but maybe we'll get some moisture out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways. My FIL is getting a little antsy about the lack of moisture in the ground. It's time to start seeding.

Well...have a great Sunday everyone. I'm off to church and then maybe I'll get two walks in today. One after church and one this evening....something to counteract my stupidity.

Don't beat yourself up, Kiddo!! What do they say... "pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!!" Wasn't that part of an old Frank Sinatra song??? You wouldn't know.... too young!! Heck, I'm almost too young for Frank Sinatra! My era was Pat Boone, Ricky Nelson, Elvis, Frankie Avalon, etc. Anyway, you get the picture!! Today is a new day!

Wonder where everyone is!? You and I were the only ones hanging around last night, too! I read your posts... I was up late. Gym sounds like a good investment! Wish I had room for something like that here. We do have exercise equipment in the condo clubhouse. I have yet to get over there!! We've been so busy since we got back! EXCUSES!! I will check it out this afternoon, after church, etc.

Good Morning Gang !!

It's Sunday the dumb dog woke me up at 5:30 for potty time - i went back to bed of course - but then she woke me up at 7... I just can't get any sleep :thumbup:

Jackie

What a beatiful daughter - she is radient (good looking bf too) - Prom :lol:

My GS had Prom last night too - I didn't know about it til he called while I was at Target yesterday. I guess his cousin talked him into going - he is in an alternative school so it wasn't a super dress up affair - But since I had plans to go out for dinner I wasn't here when he left - I said I would cancel dinner - he say no biggie lala - you will see the picutres - when he got home at 12 he has this little wallet size in a key chain - Gotta see if we can enlarge it

Candice

At least you got your exercise -:biggrin: That great

Steph

We are the QVC queens aren't we - Today is a new day - Good Choice and Water.< /p>

Well, we went to Olive Garden last night - I had grilled shimp carpese (sp)

and Soup - ate about 1/4 of the soup - mostly the broth part - 1 inch of the bread stick - and about 5 shrimp and 4 - 5 bites of the Pasta. Then we went to Mervyns and I got a skirt (MEDIUM) and got home around 9:30 but the cable went out and I couldn't get online. I finished my shimp and had a couple (4) bites of my pasta and then threw the stuff away cuz the pasta was good and I had no problems eating it - Calories yesterday 1180 - was shot on my water by 1 bottle

Well, I need to return some white capris to Khols didn't try them on at the store but did when i got home yesterday they fit in the waist but omw the legs are too baggy - so back they go,...

Just cking in - CBL

Steph - Phyl is right...there is nothing you can do about the past. Was a it a good decision...NOPE, but now you have to look forward. One thing that I have decided that has helped me is to have a PLAN for when you are faced with bad choices. It will not always work, but it has done wonders for me. For example, if I know that we are going out to eat to a place that I haven't been before, I try to picture their menu based on the type of restaurant and prioritize the foods that I can eat. We were going to go to chinese yesterday (not many healthy choices) so I thought, I am going to get something that has chicken in and and if I have to I will just get a salad. That was my back up plan in case I couldn't find anything healthy. Turns out that we didn't go to chinese but went to a Hawaiian place instead, but as soon as I found that out I went into planning mode. I knew what they had there so I said, I can have the chicken and 3 bites of the potato mac salad. Again that was my plan...when we got there they had added pineapple coleslaw to their menu so I was able to go with a healthier choice. But even if I hadn't I KNEW what I was going to do BEFORE I was tempted with the menu. I have come up with a plan for almost everything. I ALWAYS say no when someone offers me something. If it is something unhealthy like a brownie, or a cookie, I just flat out say no. I won't allow myself that unless I have planned for it. However, if it is something that is a little healthier, I say, not now, maybe later. Then I will look at my menu for the day and decide. But it is easier to not eat it AFTER you have said no, then to take it and decide to throw it away. Plan, Plan, Plan! Like I said, I have a contingency plan for almost everything. Perhaps you could try something like that. Think NOW what I am going to do when I feel like this...constantly sip on Water, go for a walk, put in piece of gum. It really has helped me.

Jackie - Your daughter is beautiful, and she looked stunning in that dress. It is okay to have water works!

Well last night I did the unthinkable... No I did not eat anything unhealthy! I signed up for a half marathon for June 29! 10 weeks from yesterday I start my training today. Fortunately I am right where I need to be in terms of training. That means the half-marathon is 2 days before my b-day and 4 days before surgery. I just felt it was fitting to show myself how far I have come. Yes this does mean that I am going to have to eat more carbs. The only downside to running all this way. Yes I know that sounds DUMB! The onlydown side to running 13 miles is that I have to eat carbs, but they really do kind of make me feel crappy. We will see... I am going to adjust my nutrition based on how I feel. I think that is something that we have neglected in the past is to eat based on what our bodies need. It tells you!

Well I need to marinate our meat for brunch today so I had best get off here!

Howdy friends, Just posting so we can move on to a new page. Don't worry about it Jackie. It's worth it to see the pic of your dd looking so happy. I love her dress--what a beautiful color on her! I hope she had as good a time as she looked!

I know that I've been retaining Water too this week. I haven't had more than 1100 cal, so pretty soon I should get a big jump. Hopefully by Tuesday when I go for PS consult. BTW, Karri. I got myslef a nasty rash going--should be impressive for the insurance pics!

I had to go shopping for something to wear to DS's graduation next weekend. I am so excited--I found a beautiful skirt and top that really looked awesome on me. I just love it! NOW I know what you mean when you say that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Not that I'm near thin yet, but just to see myself in pretty clothes feels soooo good!

Well, did I write enough to push us along?

Hi Phyl, Janet, Steph, Peaches!

Well, in that case, let me try again:

I'm here all alone.

DH is outside restaining the deck.

He knows better than to put a paint brush in my hand!

Now, the windows I asked him to wash three weeks ago

still aren't washed.

He touched up some woodwork, but didn't bother dusting or cleaning it like I suggested.

I suppose I should go outslde and talk to him. . .

MEN!! AGGGRG

I totally get what you mean by NOW knowing what the phrase "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".

That statement meant NOTHING to me when I was fat. I never knew what it felt like being thin. I had never been there.

So I figured, yeah it will feel good, but honestly can anything feel better than a double layered, extra walnut carrot cake tastes.

Uhh... I didn't think so. Now, that carrot cake doesn't seem so tasty!

Well I got my weekly cooking done. Almost, I still have a chicken meatloaf in the oven. But I made a fajita crustless quiche, crustless pizza,

and the meatloaf. I am trying to plan the rest of my week (snacks and such) now. Just ate dinner and I am stuffed.

I have not had enough calories so I tried to eat a higher calorie dinner, and I did, but it wasn't enough.

I am barely over 1000 calories today and I need to get to 1500. Maintenance really has to be a focus for me

because the PS does not want me going below 150 because it will make it riskier for her to take as much skin/fat/tissue as she would like.

SO I am pushing for 1500 calories on the days I don't run and 1600-1700 hundred on the days that I do. Hopefully that will even things out.

Dinner was yummy though...6 oz of shrimp, 2 oz of barilla plus Pasta (see I get my carbs!) and some spaghetti sauce.

Still have 450 calories to eat tonight...probably strawberries and granola!

I was looking at the training schedule for the half-marathon and training starts on Monday so I postponed my workout until tomorrow.

Besides we had a terrible storm that went through here with thunder and lighting and WIND, WIND, WIND. I was just getting ready

to go for a run when it started, so that eliminated running outside, and the side of the town that they gym is on lost power,

so that eliminated that! Just decided to take the day...kinda figured it was a sign. Now...it is gorgeous again.

We have seen it all today...hail, rain, snow, thunder and lightening, wind, sun...still waiting for the tornados or hurricanes to come whipping through.

Okay I think my meatloaf should be done soon so I will sign off. Check back later...hope my friends come out to play...I'm bored!