Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Does anyone remember the WW pumpkin muffins that you got 6 muffins for 1 veggie exchange - I know i am dating my self - some of you only know the point system ponder.gif

I knew you were a WW'er by the tone of many of your messages!! I have spent a lot of time in meetings over the years, it's just too bad I couldn't learn to apply their messages permanently. I am a lifetime member-been at goal twice and lost 20 plus maybe 4 times. Always regained it.

So, YES, of course I have the recipe, I've done points and exchanges- every tweak of the WW plan since about 1982. I also have the pumpkin mousse which I still make sometimes.

Anyway, here they are-

Pumpkin Muffins

2/3 cup powdered milk

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

6 TB flour

1 tsp baking soda

8 pkgs sweetner

Mix all together then add:

2 beaten eggs 4 T raisins

1 cup pumpkin

1/2 cup shredded carrots

1 tsp vanilla.< /span>

Mix well.

Spray muffin tin, Bake at 350-----my recipe does not have the time, but if I recall correct it's about 15 minutes. Just watch them.

Pumpkin Mousse

2 pkgs sugar free vanilla pudding

2 cups skim milk

1 cup pumpkin, canned

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 cup fat free cool whip

Beat pudding, milk, pumpkin and spice with whisk. Fold in cool whip. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

Cherea- you got a nice fill. Maybe that's why you're dr makes you wait longer. He goes right to where many of us are after the 2nd. I'm sure you do feel a difference- goodie!

Hi Judy, I was just looking at your weight loss results. You're more than halfway to your goal. Good for you! :confused:

I googled the pumpkin muffin recipe, but see that you've already posted one so don't need to post mine. :biggrin1: I do that all the time. If I've tried something new and it tastes great, I'll google the recipe and try making it myself. Yesterday hubby and I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch and I had Tom Kha Soup which was delicious. I searched for the recipe online when I got home, so I'm going to try it out someday soon. I liked the coconut flavor with the spices in the background.

Good morning gang!

How's everyone???

Hello and Greetings to all:

Hi, It's been a while since I've been on, but I wanted to see how everyone was doing with their weight loss.

Hey Chim. It's a great day! Yesterday is OVER; perfect fall weather, and I have nothing I HAVE to do today! Maybe I'll bake those pumpkin muffins. . .do any of you guys know the calories? DH is busy--he is obsessed with rebuilding a Mini Cooper in the garage, so I hardly ever see him. I've just been hanging out this morning drinking pumpkin spice coffee and browsing LBT. Maybe I should go get dressed? Nah, I'll warm up the coffee and hang out a li'l longer.

I bet you will be glad to get home - sorry to hear that you swell up so much on the plane- hope you get that upgrade - I would love to fly 1st class - but i would have to have mega bucks to pay those prices and i don't fly enough to have miles or get upgrades

Can't wait til november - My gosh by the time we meet in person we will be "old friend" sorta cool if you think about it - will take the awarkness away - we will sit down to chat like we have been freinds forever :)

Have a safe trip home - talk to you later

xoxo

Janet

Janet,

You always have lots of "words of wisdom" for all of us and I know we all get inspiration from them. That's what this board is all about... sharing our thoughts, experiences, ups & downs. We provide encouragement, comfort, etc. for each other as well as cheering each other on... we can do this together!!

:)

Yes, looking forward to meeting you, too! I am so ready for CA! One more month before we head south.

Now, everyone say a prayer for our travel day today. I am nervous because my sister that I'm staying with has had the flu this week. I am so paranoid about getting sick and throwing up, and especially today... on airplanes all day. Every time I feel a little gurgle in my stomach I think I'm getting it!! And she has a cold on top of the intestinal flu she had! Yikes!! :plane:

Hi Linda:

For those who may not remember, I went in for the band on July 16th, but while my surgeon was working she accidently tore my esophagus and punctured my liver.

Consequently, I did not get banded. (Just the surgery to repair my esophagus and liver.) Now, I cannot ever get the band because of scar tissue where it should be placed.

My biggest decision is whether to have the gastric bypass done. I could have that done in January after I'm completely healed.

I never bothered to update my ticker.

Janet- according to my bugg the past 2 days I have burnt 2874 calories on one day and 2189 on the other. Both days were pretty much the same activity wise but the higher day I walked longer and more vigorously. I really like it so far. The bugg doesn't count the calories in the food you consume. You have to go on the body bugg site and log your foods like spark people. I don't mind that this far. I have had to add in a few of the foods that I have eaten because they didn't have them. No big deal. The only thing I don't like is the band that straps it on. I have to get it just so or it irritates my arm. I think I am just sensitive to the fabric on the one side of the strap. Other than that I love it. I don't even notice it and neither has anyone else because I wear it under my shirt sleeve. You can wear this at all times EXCEPT if you are in Water. It is not water proof. I wore it to bed last night because I wanted to see how many calories we burn while sleeping. LOL I haven't down loaded it yet this morning.

Anyone watch the BIGGEST LOSER this week? I TiVo it and just got a chance to watch it last night. I would really like to see their results on their body buggs with the vigorous workouts they do every day for 4-5 hours. I know theirs in no way would compare with mine because that is what they do all day right now. I would die if I worked out 4-5 hours. :faint:

Hi everyone! I'm just catching up on posts as I've been pretty busy this week. I'm doing well. I've lost 4 pounds so far this week and getting real close to 160's.... I think I'd been retaining Fluid last week, cause i only lost 1/2 a pound yesterday. I can't believe how well it's going. I'm going back through my clothes so fast. Some pants I only got to wear twice before putting them aside. It's a nice feeling and the compliments have been coming fast and furious at work.

I had my first embarassing episode at work today. Last night I had some chicken and rice and because it went down fine, I decided to take 1/4 cup leftover to eat at work today. Well, apparently the only time I can eat solids is in the evenings. I was sitting there with a bunch of my co-workers when PB began. I had to run to the bathroom where I stayed for 25 min ( luckly I had enough lunch time left), slimming and feeling like hell. Then I went to my classroom and just before the students walked in I threw up big time in my trash can. I quickly grabbed some Altoids gum and after that felt fine, but let me tell you it wasn't the least bit pleasant.

No more solids for me before 6 pm!

So now my daily menu looks like this:

B- SF hot chocolate- 50 cal

L- Light'n'Fit Smmothie- 60 cal

Snack- 5 olives- 45 cal

D- 1 cup of Protein (meat), veggies and carbs (rice or potatoes)- 400 cal

Now that I see it in writing I think I am too tight. I might call the dr. on Monday.

I am having the same problem. I can only eat about 4-5 very small bites of solid food like chicken and I get a golf ball in my chest that hurts and it takes forever to go away. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see if I am too tight. A friend from work had the bypass and told me that was the way it was suppose to be...4-5 bites eating 6 times a day. I told her I thought the band was different and I should be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup. She doesn't have the band to stop it and cause pain. Anyway, I will talk with the dr. and let him make the decision. Unfortunately, ice cream goes down very well.

I haven't lost weight in several weeks. I can really relate to how Marcy was feeling. The nurse said maybe I wasn't eating enough. I think I am just eating the wrong stuff. meats and poultry get stuck. Soft stuff like baked potatoes and ice cream don't. Do the math...:rose:

I need to start tracking my points like with weight watchers. I have a program on my palm that makes it easy. I think I have just been in denial or something. I was taking augmentin for a sinus infection and the sulfa in it caused me to develop a condition called Erythema Nodosum which caused extreme pain, swelling and redness in my ankles. I could hardly walk since the pain was so bad. Tx with prednisone and cellebrex help but I sure was worried about the celebrex since it is such a strong NSAID. But is sure helped the pain. So I haven't walked for exercise in several weeks. They changed my antibiotic to Levoquin which makes me feel like crap. Oh well... Enough of my whining...:)

I am having the same problem. I can only eat about 4-5 very small bites of solid food like chicken and I get a golf ball in my chest that hurts and it takes forever to go away. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see if I am too tight. A friend from work had the bypass and told me that was the way it was suppose to be...4-5 bites eating 6 times a day. I told her I thought the band was different and I should be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup. She doesn't have the band to stop it and cause pain. Anyway, I will talk with the dr. and let him make the decision. Unfortunately, ice cream goes down very well.

I haven't lost weight in several weeks. I can really relate to how Marcy was feeling. The nurse said maybe I wasn't eating enough. I think I am just eating the wrong stuff. meats and poultry get stuck. Soft stuff like baked potatoes and ice cream don't. Do the math...:)

I need to start tracking my points like with weight watchers. I have a program on my palm that makes it easy. I think I have just been in denial or something. I was taking augmentin for a sinus infection and the sulfa in it caused me to develop a condition called Erythema Nodosum which caused extreme pain, swelling and redness in my ankles. I could hardly walk since the pain was so bad. Tx with prednisone and cellebrex help but I sure was worried about the celebrex since it is such a strong NSAID. But is sure helped the pain. So I haven't walked for exercise in several weeks. They changed my antibiotic to Levoquin which makes me feel like crap. Oh well... Enough of my whining...:)

Sunny- I am sooo sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. The golf ball pain has to be awful enough and then a sinus infectin?!?! UUGGGHHHH How long have you had your fill? Did it get tighter over time and now you think your maybe too tight? I was just wondering. I certainly hope you start feeling better. Good luck and please keep us posted. ;)

Thanks, Jackie. I actually feel pretty good now. All the treatments have worked. Today I ate a Wendy's chili and a cesear salad for lunch without any problems. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to have Fluid removed if I have a good restriction and it is just something I may be doing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions????