Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl- I hope you are home and definately NOT sick.

Sunny- Hugs to you. I'm sorry you've had the ankle problem. That's no help for exercise efforts. I don't think you need an unfill, just take time to change habits and work on quality of food. Maybe micro bites and chewing. Just hang in there. I know that in the larger picture- a year from now your loss will be grand.

Ruby- Thanks for the the compliment. Congrats on the scale moving downward again. I love Quizno's. Honey Bourbon chicken in my favorite. I'd only maybe be able to eat some chicken from it now. I can relate!

Lynette- Have a great trip.CONGRATULATIONS on the well deserved goal achievement!

I got a new tidbit of motivation. DH has a convention to go to for work in February. It's either Vegas or San Diego. I'm going with him and hope for Vegas. I would love a sexy new dress!

Gladster- I "can" eat as many points as I used to if I chose poor quality foods. On good days I eat about 17 points on average.

Congrats on making it to Onderland Lynette. I have my eye on the same prize and am hoping to get there by Thanksgiving. 13lbs in 7 weeks? *fingers crossed*

I owe someone an apology and I'm not sure who it is. Whoever it was said that their doctor had told them to take 20 minutes to eat a meal. I said that there probably wasn't any way I could make 1/4 cup of food last for that long. I was proven wrong. It took me longer than that to eat my egg salad today. And it's taken me longer to get through my Protein Shakes and other nibbles since my second fill. I need to go slowly or I'll have PB issues. But I'm finding that I'm full after this small amount and stop as soon as I feel the signs.

I had my Protein Drink this morning and a clementine for a snack this afternoon with Soup for dinner when I get around to heating it up. I still have to keep on top of drinking my Water and it's been a bit of a task, but I'm enjoying not being hungry 24/7!

Yes, we did get back from Buffalo... very late Saturday night. The return trip was very pleasant. Short flight on a small jet to Atlanta and then we had three seats from Atlanta to Seattle. I watched a movie and then played alot of Trivia on their computer system.

And, we seem to still be on Eastern time! I am a NIGHT person but I'm falling asleep in my chair by 9pm, wide awake at 6am, hungry for dinner at 3pm!! Only took about a day to adjust to Buffalo time but now can't seem to get back on Pacific time!

Anyway, I gained 5# my week in Buffalo. I think a lot of it is Fluid retention. I was down 1 1/2 # this morning. Ankles, feet, legs still swollen but going down. It was so humid there and then there was all that eating out! I made good choices, but too much sodium, I'm sure. I only ate fried fish the first day there. Then broiled.. scallops a couple of times.

Neither of us has gotten sick so far!! Knock on wood!! My sister was SOOOO sick with the flu! Sore throat, congested, sneezing, choughin AND throwing up, diarrhea. She was sick for three full days! But it was almost a week ago now so maybe we managed to escape it!

Congrats, Lynette!! You're doing great!

I have my 2nd fill one week from today. DH and I renewed our TOPS membership today (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). I've been a member over 15 years and have yo yoed the entire time! I like the weekly accountability so thought it would be a good thing to get back in the swing of those weekly weigh ins & meetings. We have a group in CA that we go to in the winter, too.

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been posting in a few days I guess because I had my period and wasn't in the mood. I hope everyone is doing well.

Walking record

No walking during the last few days due to my period but today I got back in the saddle. I did a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood and then got my nails done and went food shopping.

Hello Brandy,

I wad banded the day after you. I have only lots 28 pounds. What are you eating each day to loose 4 pounds a week? Can yoy give me an example of one of your days? How much protien? Water? exercise?

Thanks!!

Hi there! I've averaged two pounds a week, but had only lost .5 the week before. Didn't do anything different this past week, but it was the week of my period and I might have been retaining fluids before. Including pre-op diet, I've lost 38.5 in 92 days, so I'm pleased.

I'm still averaging less than a 1,000 calories, though go over that on some days. I have a low carb Slim Fast Choc shake almost every morning: 190 cal, 6 carb, 20 Protein, 9 fat, and 4 Fiber. lunch is usually lettuce and spinach with 22 cals of low fat good seasonings italian dressing (the kind you make yourself) and either ham or turkey slices, good Protein, a couple of strawberries or some pistachios, etc. dinner is a meat (eating lots of chicken) with a baked potato or an egg with ham and low carb piece of toast, etc. No Snacks for the most part, although I did have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn tonight. First popcorn I've had in three months. It was good. I also exercise most nights. Ex bike, sit-ups, squats, hand weights, etc.

Thanks for the compliments!

Hey Chim. It's a great day! Yesterday is OVER; perfect fall weather, and I have nothing I HAVE to do today! Maybe I'll bake those pumpkin muffins. . .do any of you guys know the calories? DH is busy--he is obsessed with rebuilding a Mini Cooper in the garage, so I hardly ever see him. I've just been hanging out this morning drinking pumpkin spice coffee and browsing LBT. Maybe I should go get dressed? Nah, I'll warm up the coffee and hang out a li'l longer.

Linda - don't know - when i find out i will let you know - it use to be just counted as a veggie (all six muffin) back in the exchange days -

Janet,

You always have lots of "words of wisdom" for all of us and I know we all get inspiration from them. That's what this board is all about... sharing our thoughts, experiences, ups & downs. We provide encouragement, comfort, etc. for each other as well as cheering each other on... we can do this together!!

:)

Yes, looking forward to meeting you, too! I am so ready for CA! One more month before we head south.

Now, everyone say a prayer for our travel day today. I am nervous because my sister that I'm staying with has had the flu this week. I am so paranoid about getting sick and throwing up, and especially today... on airplanes all day. Every time I feel a little gurgle in my stomach I think I'm getting it!! And she has a cold on top of the intestinal flu she had! Yikes!! :)

You are too kind - I will be needing these pep talks in 6 months - just warning you all - this is how i am all gun ho and then slowly the motivation wanes....

Hi Linda:

For those who may not remember, I went in for the band on July 16th, but while my surgeon was working she accidently tore my esophagus and punctured my liver.

Consequently, I did not get banded. (Just the surgery to repair my esophagus and liver.) Now, I cannot ever get the band because of scar tissue where it should be placed.

My biggest decision is whether to have the gastric bypass done. I could have that done in January after I'm completely healed.

I never bothered to update my ticker.

MsPris - is your doctor going to do the surgery for free since she injuried you... I would be real pissed off - has she done anything to make this up to you??

Janet- according to my bugg the past 2 days I have burnt 2874 calories on one day and 2189 on the other. Both days were pretty much the same activity wise but the higher day I walked longer and more vigorously. I really like it so far. The bugg doesn't count the calories in the food you consume. You have to go on the body bugg site and log your foods like spark people. I don't mind that this far. I have had to add in a few of the foods that I have eaten because they didn't have them. No big deal. The only thing I don't like is the band that straps it on. I have to get it just so or it irritates my arm. I think I am just sensitive to the fabric on the one side of the strap. Other than that I love it. I don't even notice it and neither has anyone else because I wear it under my shirt sleeve. You can wear this at all times EXCEPT if you are in Water. It is not Water proof. I wore it to bed last night because I wanted to see how many calories we burn while sleeping. LOL I haven't down loaded it yet this morning.

Anyone watch the BIGGEST LOSER this week? I TiVo it and just got a chance to watch it last night. I would really like to see their results on their body buggs with the vigorous workouts they do every day for 4-5 hours. I know theirs in no way would compare with mine because that is what they do all day right now. I would die if I worked out 4-5 hours. :faint:

Jackie - Thanks for the fyi on the bugg - so if i burn 2500 c a day and only eat 1000 - thats 1500 thats truely getting burned so that would equate to almost a 3 lbs loss in 6 days. Yes I would like to see biggest lossers #'s too - I would DIE if i had to work out 5-6 hrs a day at the intensety that they seem to - but this is all t.v. too - those guys (producers whomever - cut that stuff up so much to make you go wow)

Hi everyone! I'm just catching up on posts as I've been pretty busy this week. I'm doing well. I've lost 4 pounds so far this week and getting real close to 160's.... I think I'd been retaining Fluid last week, cause i only lost 1/2 a pound yesterday. I can't believe how well it's going. I'm going back through my clothes so fast. Some pants I only got to wear twice before putting them aside. It's a nice feeling and the compliments have been coming fast and furious at work.

Brandy Congrats on the 4lbs

I am having the same problem. I can only eat about 4-5 very small bites of solid food like chicken and I get a golf ball in my chest that hurts and it takes forever to go away. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see if I am too tight. A friend from work had the bypass and told me that was the way it was suppose to be...4-5 bites eating 6 times a day. I told her I thought the band was different and I should be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup. She doesn't have the band to stop it and cause pain. Anyway, I will talk with the dr. and let him make the decision. Unfortunately, ice cream goes down very well.

I haven't lost weight in several weeks. I can really relate to how Marcy was feeling. The nurse said maybe I wasn't eating enough. I think I am just eating the wrong stuff. meats and poultry get stuck. Soft stuff like baked potatoes and ice cream don't. Do the math...:)

I need to start tracking my points like with weight watchers. I have a program on my palm that makes it easy. I think I have just been in denial or something. I was taking augmentin for a sinus infection and the sulfa in it caused me to develop a condition called Erythema Nodosum which caused extreme pain, swelling and redness in my ankles. I could hardly walk since the pain was so bad. Tx with prednisone and cellebrex help but I sure was worried about the celebrex since it is such a strong NSAID. But is sure helped the pain. So I haven't walked for exercise in several weeks. They changed my antibiotic to Levoquin which makes me feel like crap. Oh well... Enough of my whining...:)

Ok Sunny - NO MORE ICE CREAM !!!! I am glad your infection is clearing up - NO MORE ICE CREAM !!!!! Janet the dreaded food cop is on the prowl.... Will try and call later in the week - This is going to be short i gotta go watch Dancing with the Stars...

My NSV: I've been taking blood pressure medicine since I was pregnant with my last child 21 years ago. Even when I lost over 100 pounds and was "normal" weight I needed to take it, although my dose has been increased quite a bit over they years. Yesterday, it occured to me that the dizziness I've been experiencing lately may be related to blood pressure issues, so I checked it. It was a very low (for me) 90/60. So today I took only 1/2 the amount I've been taking and have a call in to my doctor. YES!

Linda Congrats on the nsv - i am off 1 bp med but still on the antenoal sp

My hubby and son had a sub sandwich from Quizno's on Sunday and I was envious of them for being able to sink their teeth into it. I wasn't feeling hungry or anything, I just missed stuffing my face with food. :embarassed: That's probably a bad thing. :paranoidThe scales are on the downward move again. :whoo:I don't feel hungry. I don't miss being hungry!!! Life is good. I love my band! :biggrin1:

Ruby - I MISS THIS TOO - I think i need to call for another fill I am back to eating 1 -2 cup food - and do you all want to know my wiggle room was this weekend - 2 lite beers & 1/2 of a slice of cheese cake... Bet the scales don't move on thrus day...

Hey guys,

Well, I did it. I reached my first goal. I'm now a member of the ONDERLAND group. I hit 199.4 on Sunday morning.:whoo: If I didn't have to go into work then, I probably would of taken 10 minutes to just cry I was so happy. But I had to get to work, so there was no time for that, but what a great day I had.

Lynette - CONGRATs on getting back in the 100's - that is just too friggin fantastic.....

Lynette, I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and have a great time in Florida!!!! Your news is just awesome!!!! I agree that you SHOULD buy yourself a new suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or a very sexy nightie!!!!!!!! LOL :clap2:

Jeannie - Shout out to you - we haven't seen you in a while.

How many WW points to you eat in one day? Do you eat as many as you did pre-band??

Appleblossom- I don't count point - I count calories and Protein only - i just use the WW balance food groups way of eating I also weight & measure my food 90% of the time - veggies i don't worry about...- I am not into this low carb stuff - I gotta have a little carbs - rice - potatoes - Pasta - bread - can do whole grain etc - but gotta have those carbs - I just limit myself - I only did the point system once on line - I think i would get like 29 pts a day for the weight i am right now (215) - Truely - I take a litte from WW - Dr OZ - Bob Green - really anything on weight loss issues and digest it and keep what i want and get rid of the rest - just like

everything else "EVERYONE IS AN EXPERT"

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been posting in a few days I guess because I had my period and wasn't in the mood. I hope everyone is doing well.

Walking record

No walking during the last few days due to my period but today I got back in the saddle. I did a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood and then got my nails done and went food shopping.

Ssankofa - My exercise buddy

Great on the walking - i know how those periods are - back when i had mine the first 3 days i bled to death.. Glad those days are gone for me.

I walked 3.5 miles in 1 hr today...

OK gang - this will be quick - I just wanted to ck in real fast - had to pay bills tonight UGH and stopped by for a sec to see how everyone is - since i wasn't here this weekend - Saturday (my wiggle room day :0) not cheated did you all get that - but my wiggle room ) I was at a charity bowling thingie - that included lunch - my 1st game w/no beers 25 score - 2nd game with 1 1/2 beers - 95... did ok at lunch little salad w/dressing - about 7 penne Pasta w/red sauce not the white and about 3 oz chicken..

Sunday felt like i was getting a cold (Phyl glad you didn't) so made ck Soup...

Well its 8:42 gotta go watch my danceing w/the Stars...

Will talk to ya'll later

OK Food Police going off duty :speechles- fooled you -:P i am on your shoulder watching you....:P Remember healthy choices !!!

xoxox

Sweet Dreams

It's been awhile and I'm sorry that I've not been on here more, I love reading the motivated posts that people put here on a daily basis.....and right now, I need it. I know my eating is no where near where I once was, but it's been getting harder and harder to stick to it. Even with one fill, I got little to NO restriction and find that meal time can be larger than I want. I don't snack most days, between meals, and I don't eat sweets at all, but when it comes to food....and sometimes not all the good kinds of food, I find I can eat more than when my stomach says, "OK, you are full, you can stop now!!"

I hate going down that road again. I want to feel the motivation and excitement once again......my only saving grace is that tomorrow I go for me second fill and pray that the restriction is more noticable this time!!

I thank God for this band every day, because knowing my past history, I would have sabotaged this "life change" once again. Now when I fall off the wagon....I at least have the band to rein me in.

I admire all of my fellow bandsters and their stories and personal successes and feel your pain when somedays are not as good as others. I enjoy all the NSV's that each of you are experiencing more and more!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I knew with my second fill that my eating would dramatically change, so I ate good all day until dinner and then went to Red Robin for my "usual" and it was good.....but my stomach is saying, "Was it really?" I'm feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. Why don't I know how to say, "No more?"....ughhhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, I will quit whining and get back to my Quantitative Methods book......take care!!

Hey Caolin,

I had a bit of "last supper" mentality before my second fill as well. When I knew I was going to get one at the end of the week, my discipline fell by the wayside. The restriction I have now is good. The best part about it is that I don't feel hungry all day. I don't sit and eat Breakfast wondering what I can have for lunch.

Tell your doctor all you're feeling. They may be able to give you some tips that we haven't covered here. I often find that all the info I need is right here in this thread, but getting my doctor's confirmation is always the best thing. I love when they say "that's a good idea, yes do that" because someone here has suggested it.

You're right about always sabotaging things. I think I'd be in exactly the same spot if it weren't for my band. It doesn't matter how determined I've been in the past, something always went wrong. My band is there to catch my fall now. It's the best investment I've made as far as my health is concerned.

Hope your fill goes well today. Best of luck for that. :biggrin1:

Lynette - Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been in a secret race with you because we were both were so close. You win!!!!

I have not been eating properly.

I'm not gaining weight, but basically I'm just maintaining.

I just placed IndioGirl on my shoulder. Hopefully, it works.

I think my secretary is trying to sabotage me. She got donuts yesterday and today. I said no today. She said, "Oh, I just got these hot donuts and you're gonna eat em."

I ate one. 160 cals.

food at work is one of the hardest things to get under control. I keep saying "Walk away from the food." It's become my mantra! Frustrated: I don't feel hungry either, but I still always think about what I'm going to eat at my next meal. (For supper I think I'll have some left over chuck roast with a few carrots and maybe 1/2 li'l red potato. . .)

I think my secretary is trying to sabotage me. She got donuts yesterday and today. I said no today. She said, "Oh, I just got these hot donuts and you're gonna eat em."

I ate one. 160 cals.

:clap2:I like that... Indio on your shoulder!! And she's chanting, "NO MORE DONUTS!! NO MORE DONUTS!!"

You guys just crack me up :eek::biggrin1::nervous

I am lucky that you don't hate me for being the food cop :bandit(I have read on this board where alot of people hate the food cop) - or as I like to think of myself - that little ANGEL on your shoulder saying "come on sweetie your really don't want that - the a little louder - PUT THAT DOWN YOU DON'T NEED IT" or if you really just can't help yourself - take that slice of cake - cut it in half - throw away 1/2 and chant these word "better in thee than in me" and eat that 1/2 of a slice.... Take one day a month and allow yourself a tad of something you want. Do it in a way that you can't over eat it - like share a dessert while you are out - buy one cookie at the bakery - not a dozen - and if it's a big cookie break it in half and share or throw half away... Don't go into the break room when there are doughnuts in there. Don't tempt the devil..

I guess the way I look at it - If I can do this so can all of you - We are really all the same - yes I over simplify things - but imho why make them more difficult than they have to be. I am single - so I don't have ANYONE being that food cop when I am home (so that makes it easier for me to do something I shouldn't - but since I am preaching to all of you all the time - I gotta walk the walk - so really I have all of you on my shoulder)

I work a very stressful job - always deadlines - always needed it yesterday - then I gotta go home to a 16 GS who half the time is a butthead - 2 doggies who just love me too much sometimes - I want to eat too - but I want that scale to go down more than I want to eat - the other night I wanted a butter taco (tortilla cooked on the stove with butter) - so know what I did - I took off a 2 inch strip of the tortilla and cooked it added a tad of butter and that was all I needed - didn't feel deprived had what I wanted for about 30 calories -

Your kid's - DH - DW whomever don't need the junk in the house either and if they just have to have it - buy something you don't like that they do (my gs likes chip ahoy cookie - I don't - he likes hot cheetos I don't -but don't put a bag of cheeto puffs in my way) - or have them keep it somewhere where you don't know.. And explain - Food is my DRUG of choice - so please help me with my addiction and don't have temptation in my way... If you were an alcoholic - they wouldn't leave a bottle of booze on the kitchen table to temp you...

That is my biggest defense - I don't buy it or go around it - at the office I can do it cuz they all know I have the band - so I show my will power as a badge of honor

If you have a moment of weakness and you ate that pint of ice cream - forgive your self - say ok - I did that and now I will make better choices

We went through so much to get this band - this isn't just a little diet we are trying - this is a permanent thing we had installed in our tummies to help us, now we gotta help it work by making good food choices and getting your exercise in - another big component but I will save that lecture for another time.:D

Thanks again gang – I love you all :kiss2:

Since you all have given me the titleI have to set a good example for you so that make you all my food cops :bandit

XOXOXO

Indio aka Food Patrol Angel aka Janet

Lynette - Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been in a secret race with you because we were both were so close. You win!!!!

I ate one. 160 cals.

OMG Denise why in the h*ll is she doing that for - that's just mean - IMHO yes she is trying to sbotage you... Tell her her I am coming after her and use my anogly of the booze - tell her no more donuts !!!

A lady who works on my team brought me back a box sf chocolates from her vacation - i said thanks - then threw them away - i don't care that they are sugar free - If I start with one then the box will be gone - and it doesn't matter if they are sf - a whole box of chocolate is a whole box.

if you just have to take it then go in your office and throw it away !!!!

Indio - That's a great idea. I'll just pretend to eat it and say Yum. After my fill next week, I will say I can no longer eat it without getting sick. Hopefully, it will be true.