Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ruby - thanks for the encouragement. I got my second fill today and not sure I feel any different, but the nurse had me make another for two weeks from now, in any case. I'm hoping that this one will make me feel "something" and help me on my way. Like I told the nurse, it's hard to have to struggle by myself. Like you, I love the band for those times my head is much stronger than my stomach, or is it other way around? lol

I feel pretty good and hope to have some restriction, even a little, with this fill.....but most of all, it didn't hurt like the dickens this time!! That worked for me!!

Hope all are well......off to do homework.....take care!

Celeste

You are so right, Janet, and we NEED you cheering us on. I tried to find that little icon with the angel whispering in one ear and the devil in the other for my last post but I couldn't find it. I was sure there was one there!!

My DH was having lunch with some old AF/Boeing cronies, so I had him drop me off at the mall so I could shop. Of course, I was starving by the time I got there after a 4 oz. Protein Shake for Breakfast around 8am. So I looked for the food court. There is none!! They took it away in January, my daughter told me later. So my choices were few... Orange Julius, a hamburger joint, Rainforest Cafe and that was about it. So I took myself to the Nordstrom's Cafe!! I had a small cup of Tomato Basil Soup and 1/2 turkey sandwich garnished with a little tiny salad. I ate the insides of the sandwich and left the bread, ate the soup and the salad and part of a small piece of toast. I was happy with myself because it was tempting to just go to Orange Julius and get a chili dog, or go to the hamburger joint. It cost me a little more, but I'm WORTH IT!!

:decision: I FOUND IT!!

You are so right, Janet, and we NEED you cheering us on. I tried to find that little icon with the angel whispering in one ear and the devil in the other for my last post but I couldn't find it. I was sure there was one there!!

My DH was having lunch with some old AF/Boeing cronies, so I had him drop me off at the mall so I could shop. Of course, I was starving by the time I got there after a 4 oz. Protein Shake for Breakfast around 8am. So I looked for the food court. There is none!! They took it away in January, my daughter told me later. So my choices were few... Orange Julius, a hamburger joint, Rainforest Cafe and that was about it. So I took myself to the Nordstrom's Cafe!! I had a small cup of Tomato Basil Soup and 1/2 turkey sandwich garnished with a little tiny salad. I ate the insides of the sandwich and left the bread, ate the soup and the salad and part of a small piece of toast. I was happy with myself because it was tempting to just go to Orange Julius and get a chili dog, or go to the hamburger joint. It cost me a little more, but I'm WORTH IT!!

auntie phyl- CONGRATS to you!!! You are doing great!! Even hungry and surrounded by temptation you chose the healthy food. That is a wonderful NSV!!!!!! :clap2::clap2:

Hello All,

Phyl - making better choices does feel good doesn't it.

I spoke with the hospital re my 12k bill and they are appealing it to the insurance co. since it was turned down due to "no pre-approval" and since we have a written pre-approval I feel like it will work itself out.

Chim- Congrats on your fill.

Jackie - My port is sore also. I notice it mostly at night when rolling over and I too wondered if my port is turning side ways.

My step mother of 42 years died last week. Lots of stress helping Dad and all that goes with such events. In true southern style there was fried chicken, sweet potatos, pecan and chess pie etc as far as the eye could see mostly home made. food has been delivered daily from Thur to Sun. Like Phyl I made good choices and stuck to turkey, green Beans and english peas. I lost 3 pounds last week and feel good about my choices. In times past under the same conditions any diet I would have been on (and I have been on them all) would have failed. So after the sadness and stress I found a victory!

I hope everyone has a great week.

You guys just crack me up :D:biggrin1::nervous

I am lucky that you don't hate me for being the food cop :bandit(I have read on this board where alot of people hate the food cop) - or as I like to think of myself - that little ANGEL on your shoulder saying "come on sweetie your really don't want that - the a little louder - PUT THAT DOWN YOU DON'T NEED IT" or if you really just can't help yourself - take that slice of cake - cut it in half - throw away 1/2 and chant these word "better in thee than in me" and eat that 1/2 of a slice.... Take one day a month and allow yourself a tad of something you want. Do it in a way that you can't over eat it - like share a dessert while you are out - buy one cookie at the bakery - not a dozen - and if it's a big cookie break it in half and share or throw half away... Don't go into the break room when there are doughnuts in there. Don't tempt the devil..

Hate You???? NO WAY!!!! I want you to stay on my shoulder. I did good today. No ice cream :P

After talking with y'all I started really looking at what I was eating and found soft foods, ground beef, tuna salad, chicken salad, fish and shrimp did well....and ice cream :) Chicken and bread caused extreme pain.

Went to the dr. today. He said it sounded like I may be a little tight but since there was foods I could eat with no problems, he wanted to wait and watch. If problems continued he would do a swallow test to make sure I don't a a small slip. He said chicken causes problems because it is stringy muscle and no matter how much you chew you cannot break it all down. In some people it forms something like a ball in tummy as you continue to eat. He told me to avoid chick, steak, pork chops unless ground and see how I do. He fills as I lose the band will loosen. So for now its ground beef, tuna salad, chicken salad, fish, shrimp, and of course veggies and sometimes fruit.

He said my less than stellar weight loss was probably due to Water retention from the steroids I was taking and that, by looking at me he could tell I had lost more weight than the scales show. Which is probably true since my clothes are larger.

Hey Gang!

Wow there's a lot of us on tonight. I love it!

Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been sick as a dog...like ER sick. Have a few (yes, a few) infections raging...sinus, ear, and down below...thanks to antibiotics. Anyhow. I was prescribed some antibiotics that made me VIOLENTLY ill. I was throwing up for an hour. I had to go to the ER to get the vomiting under control. It was bad. They got it under control and gave me IV fluids and then ordered a CT scan of my stomach. It came back okay. They changed my antibiotic and I was fine. But, the infections still rage on. So, I had to go back to the docs again. I just got another antibiotic, which I started today. So far, no nausea, so it's all good. Hopefully this round of antibiotics will do it.

I see everyone's doing so well! Lynette, congrats on getting to Onederland!!! That is so awesome! I'm gonna go back and read the rest of the posts b/c I need to catch up.

Lindaa, congrats on your NSV!!! Don't you just love the band?!?!?! You'll be off that med in no time!

Appleblossom, work it!!! You're gonna get that sexy new dress and be a knockout at that convention/conference!

SSankof, way to go! That's right. Get back in the saddle. Be proud of yourself for sticking to the exercise. We all understand how during that TOM, no one wants to do anything. Aunt Flo just makes it that way for some of us. Your consistency will continue to pay off!

Brandy, I am so proud of you! Look at how great you're doing. And from the sounds of your menu, you're making great choices. Keep it up.

Indiogirl, LOL!!! The food Angel. I love it! We'll help keep you on track, as you do w/us.

Hi Auntie Phyl, Dini (where are you), Sunny, Kathybad, Jackie, Frustrated, Caolin, MsPris (we've MISSED you!!!), and everyone else.

P.S.- I also have a part-time job (working at the Hampton Inn), so I've been super busy. I really miss ya'll!

Hello All,

My step mother of 42 years died last week. Lots of stress helping Dad and all that goes with such events. In true southern style there was fried chicken, sweet potatos, pecan and chess pie etc as far as the eye could see mostly home made. food has been delivered daily from Thur to Sun. Like Phyl I made good choices and stuck to turkey, green Beans and english peas. I lost 3 pounds last week and feel good about my choices. In times past under the same conditions any diet I would have been on (and I have been on them all) would have failed. So after the sadness and stress I found a victory!

I hope everyone has a great week.

Chris, I'm sorry for your loss. I know this is a tough time for you and your family. It seems that you have been weathering the storm well, though. Keep it up making the good choices!!!

And yes, I FINALLY got my first fill. 2ccs and I definitely have restriction. I've had a few things get stuck. Not a good feeling at all. Anyhow, I'm doing well, aside from these stupid infections.

Congratulations again on your victory!!!

Cherea - sorry to hear you've been so ill....and vomiting ill, too boot. No damage done to your band, I hope?

Chris - my deepest sympathies to you and your family. It's not easy losing a parent, no matter what age you are.

Phyl - It's a great feeling to make good choices when faced with a lot of bad alternatives, isn't it? I know I don't always make the right decision, but for the most part I'm pretty proud of making a whole lot of good decisions about food. Congrats!!

Hey Gang!

Wow there's a lot of us on tonight. I love it!

Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been sick as a dog...like ER sick. Have a few (yes, a few) infections raging...sinus, ear, and down below...thanks to antibiotics. Anyhow. I was prescribed some antibiotics that made me VIOLENTLY ill. I was throwing up for an hour. I had to go to the ER to get the vomiting under control. It was bad. They got it under control and gave me IV fluids and then ordered a CT scan of my stomach. It came back okay. They changed my antibiotic and I was fine. But, the infections still rage on. So, I had to go back to the docs again. I just got another antibiotic, which I started today. So far, no nausea, so it's all good. Hopefully this round of antibiotics will do it.

I see everyone's doing so well! Lynette, congrats on getting to Onederland!!! That is so awesome! I'm gonna go back and read the rest of the posts b/c I need to catch up.

Oh, My! That sounds awful. Don't know how you are managing two jobs and then being sick on top of it! Hope you can get some rest and get well.

Thanks Cherea! Sorry you've been so under the weather. Hoping your better and everything has cleared up soon!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm planning on it! I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYONE!!!

You're the best group of people and I love ya'll! So much inspiration and encouragement. Keep up the great work and know that we can and will do this together!

I am so thrilled for all of you! Have a wonderful day!

chicken and bread caused extreme pain.

Those are the two big ones for me as well. It doesn't matter how small a bite I take and how much I chew, it feels like I've swallowed a bowling ball. :D

Right now I haven't been able to venture past anything chunkier than egg salad. It took me a while to get through 1/4 cup of that yesterday. It's hard learning to prepare meals for less than half a person. I'm still making too much. Luckily my son likes egg salad so he got a decent portion for his after school snack.< /p>

Chris - my condolences for your loss. :)

Chim - sorry you're having such a tough time with infections. :mad: I hope things get better for you soon.

Big "hi" to all my other Lucky family members. :wave:

So I took myself to the Nordstrom's Cafe!! I had a small cup of Tomato Basil Soup and 1/2 turkey sandwich garnished with a little tiny salad. I ate the insides of the sandwich and left the bread, ate the Soup and the salad and part of a small piece of toast. I was happy with myself because it was tempting to just go to Orange Julius and get a chili dog, or go to the hamburger joint. It cost me a little more, but I'm WORTH IT!!

Phyl - You did really well with your lunch - and truely i bet it did taste better than a dumb chilli dog or hamburger - you were dinning at the Ritz of dept stores - You are worth it

My step mother of 42 years died last week. Lots of stress helping Dad and all that goes with such events. In true southern style there was fried chicken, sweet potatos, pecan and chess pie etc as far as the eye could see mostly home made. food has been delivered daily from Thur to Sun. Like Phyl I made good choices and stuck to turkey, green Beans and english peas. I lost 3 pounds last week and feel good about my choices. In times past under the same conditions any diet I would have been on (and I have been on them all) would have failed. So after the sadness and stress I found a victory! I hope everyone has a great week.

Chris - I am sorry for your loss and proud of you for your good food choices during this difficult time. That is really something to be proud of.

Hate You???? NO WAY!!!! I want you to stay on my shoulder. I did good today. No ice cream :D

After talking with y'all I started really looking at what I was eating and found soft foods, ground beef, tuna salad, chicken salad, fish and shrimp did well....and ice cream :) Chicken and bread caused extreme pain.

He said my less than stellar weight loss was probably due to Water retention from the steroids I was taking and that, by looking at me he could tell I had lost more weight than the scales show. Which is probably true since my clothes are larger.

Sunny - Happy that you are making better choices and you have those meds that arent helping one friggin bit ... It will be good when you can get off them

I can eat anything - chick - steak - hamburger - the only time i have ever bp'd was when i got up in the middle of the nite and had 2 bites of meat & rice and did it too fast and didn't chew...

I wasn't due back to the doc til 11/8 - called and got it moved up to 10/24 - i need a little fill - i can eat 1 -2 cup food.