Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Had my 2nd fill today, 1 more cc on my 10cc

Well, after this fill today I get home and grab some crackers. On the 5th cracker I think I am going to die. I started sweating profusely and was totally stuck, my chest hurting like hell. After about 15 minutes I mercifully threw up and now feel a little better, but still feel tight in the throat.

I'm sorry.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm going to be very careful when I go back on solids! (had a fill today also, but need to wait till Friday for solids)

I have a question. I can't remember who mentioned the medication but my question is this. I was told to crush my pills and take them in apple sauce or something and if I can get something in liquid to do that. Does anyone else do this? Just wondered. .

I just had a fill, so based on my first fill only, I take whole pill Calcium and on occassion Tylenol or Advil. I didn't specifically ask Dr. Ortiz about Advil, but I got ZOOM teeth whitening after I was banded and they gave me 3 Advil in office to help with the tooth sensitivity. (Dr. Ortiz also has a dentist in his office) so that indirectly says he must not be concerned. It was also not in his literature as a no no for aftercare. I chose Tylenol to be on the safe side, but if I need an anti-inflammatory I'd still take Advil knowing my exposure is minimal.

About the Body Bugg. I didn't know what it was, so I just did a search. Technology is amazing! I noticed it's made by Apex. Apex has been my Protein shake of choice. I look forward to a vanilla one with Peanut Butter and banana for my "soft" food tomorrow.

Headed for bed now. G'night.:notagree

And then I open the top to the big bucket and there it is....CEREAL! Now, this won't sound alarming to many of you, but this is my demise! I LOVE cereal! I can eat it all the time! So now comes a true test of wills....will I succum...will I retreat....story to finish at a later date!

Marcy congrats on scale moving in the downward direction:)

As to your ceral delima - allow yourself one serving every 3 days w/skim milk - you gotta have some wiggle room in your eating healthy program - we gotta quit calling it a diet - this is not something that we are just doing for a short period of time - we are learning to change our bad eating habits for the rest of our lives - we can never go back to eating like we use to. A diet is something when you need to lose a few pound where with us we all have quite a few pounds to get to a healthy stage in our lives - we have to change our whole way of looking at food and how we relate to it emotionally..

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The last couple of days the lower part of my stomach, about 3 inches below my port site, has been aching. It is not a constant ache or really painful but an annoying ache. My port it right next to my belly button. I don't know if maybe it is from the doc/PA manipulating around there last Thursday when I had my fill or maybe because I had 3 fills with in 3 weeks? I am not sure. I do have a small bruise where I was poked for the fill last week. That is the first time that happened. When she was doing my fill last week she said that she had a little trouble getting in (the port I assume) and asked if I had had problems with that the 2 previous times because she didn't remember having any problems. I said she had no problem the previous 2 times. I am just asking because being the worrier that I am I keep thinking maybe my port is starting to flip? I don't really know why it would happen now though because it should be all healed into place by now shouldn't it? Just wondering what you all think. It could just be something with Aunt Flo as well since she just left the day after this started. I will see how it is tomorrow and if its not any better I will call the doc just for reassurance.

Jackie - I too worry about the port flipping and when i asked my doc when he was having such a hard time finding the soft spot - he said only if you have been doing crunches- I get a pain every now and then where i think the band is placed around my tummy (not sure but this is sorta how it feels) i get it when I am sitting (slouching sp?) and feels like it's being pinched - but when i situp straight it goes away.. Has happend a coulpe of times

Had my 2nd fill today, 1 more cc on my 10cc band, putting me at 8cc total. I wanted more but my dr. said no.

I was mad :rose: because I had been eating a lot and still feeling hungry. Like yesterday I had a burrito from Chipotle ( for those who don't know they are monstrous) followed by 6 sugar Cookies, all of which I ate with no problems. And then got home and was still hungry so snacked some more :hungry:. Well, after this fill today I get home and grab some crackers. On the 5th cracker I think I am going to die. I started sweating profusely and was totally stuck, my chest hurting like hell. After about 15 minutes I mercifully threw up and now feel a little better, but still feel tight in the throat. So, moral of the story is: if you can eat too much just wait until your next fill!!!! Restriction will come! :whoo:

CeCe - I am glad you have restriction, but watch out for those Cookies they still go through too easy..

I am down another 3 lbs since my fill last Thursday. Have to update my ticker. I am just putting it off because I think I need to lose 2-3 more before I will NOT be morbidly obese anymore. I am trying to hold off on updating the ticker so that I can see a bigger difference in my BMI.

:girl_hug:g-nite everyone!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: I JUST DID MY TICKER JUST TO SEE BECAUSE AS I SAID EARLIER I THOUGHT I HAD TO LOSE A COUPLE MORE POUNDS BEFORE I WOULD BE UNDER THE MORBIDLY OBESE MARK.

I am officially not morbidly obese anymore!!!! :bounce:The band really is working for my or shall I say with me. I am so excited!!!! I screamed and had to tell my whole family.

Well I gotta go. Going to give my mom a call and tell you.

Jackie - CONGRATS !!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: You are doing GREAT:D

OH My goodnes I thought I was the only one I am right there with you. My band was placed 7/25/07 my first fill was on 9/13/07 and i have only dropped about 20 lbs. ?????

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: I JUST DID MY TICKER JUST TO SEE BECAUSE AS I SAID EARLIER I THOUGHT I HAD TO LOSE A COUPLE MORE POUNDS BEFORE I WOULD BE UNDER THE MORBIDLY OBESE MARK.

I am officially not morbidly obese anymore!!!! :bounce:The band really is working for my or shall I say with me. I am so excited!!!! I screamed and had to tell my whole family.

Well I gotta go. Going to give my mom a call and tell you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a huge accomplishment! Yeah!:clap2:

None of my fills have hurt and he doesn't numb me or use a fluroscope. He just has me keep my legs out straight lying down and raise them slightly to tighten the stomach muscles and it is easy to see where to stick the needle. No pain!

Kathy, thanks for asking about NSV, pretty sure it meant a new good thing, but didn't know what it stood for.

Tried to post from airport on Sunday, but lost it and didn't feel like typing again. Wanted to tell you what my dr said when i asked him why we panic so when we pb. I mean it isn't blocking the airway, so why do we sweat, get flushed, have saliva pouring out, nose running, get panicky, etc. etc.

He said that it is because of all the main nerves running behind the esophagus. I remember that my mother had a hysterectomy for cancer and then they stuck their hands in to remove the tumor that was on the intestines and her heartrate would skyrocket. When they pulled back out, everything was normal. It was the Vaga (sp?) nerve that runs up the esophagus to the stomach.

Well gang you must all be busy exercising - cuz no one is here - I already did my 2 miles in 38 mintues on a 5 incline intervals...

Well i guess i will go watch t.v. and heat up my dinner..

Last night made the best fish - catfish filet baked in El Pato (mexican tomatoe sauce which is just a tad spicy) OMG it was GREAT - had 4 oz with1/2 c brown rice - was full from that so didn't eat the veggies i made.

Have a Great Evening....

NUTS! Despite averaging no more than 1000 cal/day, no weight loss at all this week. Oh well, the band won't let me give up, so onward!

NUTS! Despite averaging no more than 1000 cal/day, no weight loss at all this week. Oh well, the band won't let me give up, so onward!

Linda

You have lost 53 lbs since being band (even if that includes pre-op) !!!! OMG friggin fantastic... Your body may just be taking a little rest - I have read/heard that if you are at a platue (sp) you need to increase the intensity of your exercise and thats supose to help - and increase your calories every other day to 1200 i find this helps too.

You are doing great - and we all will have some weeks that the scales won't move - but next week they will

Hey gang! I had my first fill yesterday. I got 2ccs put in. I definitely feel the restriction. This morning I had my first meal. I had something get stuck. It went down and I was okay after that. I just had to re-adjust to having restriction. I am super excited!

Hey gang! I had my first fill yesterday. I got 2ccs put in. I definitely feel the restriction. This morning I had my first meal. I had something get stuck. It went down and I was okay after that. I just had to re-adjust to having restriction. I am super excited!

Congrats on your fill - my doc had me Soup full liquids for the 1st week - then mushies etc.. I had great restriction the 1st week or so but now not as much - still have restriction but can eat more than 1/2 cup - more like 1 to 2 cups.

Chim - I know you are working TONS of hours - but we miss you here:cry

You are always so much fun :) - love your quotes and funny things you say...

Dini hasn't been around much either :paranoid

I guess i am here maybe too much - i have like 600 post since May:eek:

Ya think i got a big mouth - I think i am the posting whore of the lucky #7 :(

Thanks, Indigo, and don't quit posting. I miss Dini and Lynette, Aunt Phyl, and the others. Hopefully they'll check in from time to time and update us on their progress. I'm trying to adjust the empty nest, and NOT liking it much. DH has all his hobbies and he is rather enjoying himself, but I miss the volleyball, basketball, soccer games and judo and wrestling matches not to mention homework and dance class and swimming and. . .you get the point! I need grandchildren, but for now you guys are my virtural family.

Thanks, Indigo, and don't quit posting. I miss Dini and Lynette, Aunt Phyl, and the others. Hopefully they'll check in from time to time and update us on their progress. I'm trying to adjust the empty nest, and NOT liking it much. DH has all his hobbies and he is rather enjoying himself, but I miss the volleyball, basketball, soccer games and judo and wrestling matches not to mention homework and dance class and swimming and. . .you get the point! I need grandchildren, but for now you guys are my virtural family.

Linda - Thanks :)

So you and I are in the same age bracket - but I have my 16 yr GS w/me and am divorced.... He isn't into sports - so don't have that and he will be getting his license in 1 month - has his permit - so now i will have that to worry about too...

I like the peace and quite as he is into myspace & the phone - but if he was gone - i would miss him as then i would be all alone - just me and my 2 babies (doggies) it's just nice to have someone in the house execpt when he wants me to run him here and there -

You need to get yourself a hobbie go to the gym - mine is tv - reading

lapband.com and would love to take some art classes (will when i retire) - and you have a DH to do things with - that's about the only thing i miss about marrage - is doing stuff on the weekends.. but love my evenings to myself -

Congrats on your fill - my doc had me Soup full liquids for the 1st week - then mushies etc.. I had great restriction the 1st week or so but now not as much - still have restriction but can eat more than 1/2 cup - more like 1 to 2 cups.

Chim - I know you are working TONS of hours - but we miss you here:cry

You are always so much fun :confused: - love your quotes and funny things you say...

Dini hasn't been around much either :paranoid

I guess i am here maybe too much - i have like 600 post since May:eek:

Ya think i got a big mouth - I think i am the posting whore of the lucky #7 :P

Awwww....:P

I'm missing ya'll, too! I hope I don't have to work these crazy hours for too much longer. It's wearing me down! (Got really sick last week...that'll be another post) I'm also missing my exercise.

We love your posts! Like Lindaa said, don't stop!!!

I miss Lynette, too. Where are you?