Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I AM GETTING MY BODY BUGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have to come share my new news. LOL I have been talking to my family about this body bugg...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I want one now!!!! I've been wanting one for a while, but I have others things I have to buy first...you lucky duck!!!

...There's been some talk about what exactly is a PB and I've come to my own conclusion that it's just different for everyone. I get that "heat flash" feeling with a lot of slobber and then I just go to the bathroom and heave a little and out comes a gob of slobber and it's all over. I guess I'm just blessed with an incredible control of my gag reflex and can just make it move with my motions.

Well, I weighed myself yesterday and FINALLY got to 238! I swear the scale has a vandetta against me and did not want to go below 239. Now, I'm not getting stuck on numbers, but it was getting ridiculous!...

Marcy, first, congrats on reaching 238!!! That is wonderful! As for what you mentioned above, I think you're talking about sliming and not PBing. Neither one is fun, though.

Appleblossom, I am loving the fall colors/theme you've got going on w/your posts!

I had my 2nd fill on Monday. What a fiasco.

Citygirl, I'm sorry about your fill drama. I go tomorrow for my first fill and I hope it is pretty uneventful. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Hello All,

I got my first fill last week and it went great. 1.8 cc and feels just right. I eat about 1 cup of food per meal.

NSVs - Took three large garbage bags of "large" clothes to GoodWill. Got off of that CPAP machine and I have eliminated my blood presssure meds. Feeling great.

UNTIL TODAY - I got a bill from the hospital today for $12,849.00 for the surgery. It seems that even after jumping thru hoops from Jan to July and getting a pre-approval letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield they denied my claim anyway. I MAY HAVE TO GET BACK ON MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Kathy - Congrats on the adoption!

Chris, YAY!! You got your fill. My first is tomorrow. And look at all those NSVs!!! Congratulations. Sorry about the bill. That bites, but I'm sure you'll be able to appeal it and win.

Hi Lindaa:

I did get a fill today. Just about painless and other than having to just have liquids today, mushies tomorrow, and then food on Friday, nothing seems different. I'm certainly looking forward to solid food on Friday to see if anything is different.

Thanks.

Sue Magoo

H-324/S-287/C-258.5/G-160

Good news, Sue! You may need more than one to really notice a difference, but take it from me: You don't want to be overfilled either. Keep us posted.

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I want one now!!!! I've been wanting one for a while, but I have others things I have to buy first...you lucky duck!!!

Chris, YAY!! You got your fill. My first is tomorrow. And look at all those NSVs!!! Congratulations. Sorry about the bill. That bites, but I'm sure you'll be able to appeal it and win.

Chim- good luck tomorrow with your first fill. Also I have to thank you because I first heard about these body buggs from you. After I seen a post, way back when, that you had done about the body bugg I started to research it. Asked my doctor about it and joined a couple of threads on here about the body bugg. I am TOTALLY excited about this. I will get it tomorrow afternoon and will have it running by tomorrow night. LOL I am even holding off on my daily walk, bike ride, and nautilus machines until tomorrow after I get this. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you posted.

I was very hesitant about getting it now also but honestly my family really were encouraging about it. Still feel very guilty because I spent that money on myself. This is what they are giving me for Christmas but it came early.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The last couple of days the lower part of my stomach, about 3 inches below my port site, has been aching. It is not a constant ache or really painful but an annoying ache. My port it right next to my belly button. I don't know if maybe it is from the doc/PA manipulating around there last Thursday when I had my fill or maybe because I had 3 fills with in 3 weeks? I am not sure. I do have a small bruise where I was poked for the fill last week. That is the first time that happened. When she was doing my fill last week she said that she had a little trouble getting in (the port I assume) and asked if I had had problems with that the 2 previous times because she didn't remember having any problems. I said she had no problem the previous 2 times. I am just asking because being the worrier that I am I keep thinking maybe my port is starting to flip? I don't really know why it would happen now though because it should be all healed into place by now shouldn't it? Just wondering what you all think. It could just be something with Aunt Flo as well since she just left the day after this started. I will see how it is tomorrow and if its not any better I will call the doc just for reassurance.

I think I might be feeling a little restriction now. I noticed that I'm not thinking so much about food after my lunch and I'm able to make it to dinner on a smaller snack. I'm still able to fit in 1 1/2 cups of food but at least I don't want more after that. I'm thinking of it as a step in the right direction. My doctor said I should feel the effects of the fill after 2 weeks and those 2 weeks will be up this coming Friday.

Jackie

My port site is a little achy too and has been for the last 2 days. I just started my period today so maybe it's related to that.

Chim

Good luck on your fill tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

Indio

Thanks for all the support!! You are wonderful.

Only4Me

How are u feeling band sistah? I hope everything is going smoothly with you and your family.

Walking record

35 minutes around the neighborhood today. I'm still moving!

Had my 2nd fill today, 1 more cc on my 10cc band, putting me at 8cc total. I wanted more but my dr. said no.

I was mad :rose: because I had been eating a lot and still feeling hungry. Like yesterday I had a burrito from Chipotle ( for those who don't know they are monstrous) followed by 6 sugar Cookies, all of which I ate with no problems. And then got home and was still hungry so snacked some more :hungry:.

Well, after this fill today I get home and grab some crackers. On the 5th cracker I think I am going to die. I started sweating profusely and was totally stuck, my chest hurting like hell. After about 15 minutes I mercifully threw up and now feel a little better, but still feel tight in the throat.

So, moral of the story is: if you can eat too much just wait until your next fill!!!! Restriction will come! :whoo:

I think I might be feeling a little restriction now. I noticed that I'm not thinking so much about food after my lunch and I'm able to make it to dinner on a smaller snack. I'm still able to fit in 1 1/2 cups of food but at least I don't want more after that. I'm thinking of it as a step in the right direction. My doctor said I should feel the effects of the fill after 2 weeks and those 2 weeks will be up this coming Friday.

Jackie

My port site is a little achy too and has been for the last 2 days. I just started my period today so maybe it's related to that.

ssankofa- the two may be related. My aunt flo came to visit Saturday and then the ache started Sunday. Now she left last night and the ache is nothing like it had been. I mean it was never a bending over in pain thing just an ache that was there. Maybe it will just go away now. :cry I hope so because like I said I have been fretting about a 'flipped port' and I am sure for no reason. I am just a worrier and ALWAYS think the worst. I think it scared me more just because I had no pain after surgery with gas or anything and this is really the first.......not pain because it wasn't a pain.......discomfort I will say........... I have really had since surgery. Thanks for sharing because now I feel better. Good luck to you too.

someone else mentioned in another post about headaches before surgery. I agree. I had headaches pretty much daily before and was always eating tylenol for them. I have had 2 headaches since surgery and one of those was after eating a scoop of regular ice cream. I think the eating did have something to do with the headaches. Either that other wise I dread drinking liquid tylenol so bad I am MENTALLY warding them off. LOL

hey dini, lynette, dmtjet, laurend and others that haven't posted in a while where did you all go? Haven't heard from you much lately. Sure miss you guys!!! Oh well I guess that is good in a sense because that means you are all back into the swing of life. HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT!!! HOPEFULLY SEEING LOTS OF NSV QUITE OFTEN.

I am down another 3 lbs since my fill last Thursday. Have to update my ticker. I am just putting it off because I think I need to lose 2-3 more before I will NOT be morbidly obese anymore. I am trying to hold off on updating the ticker so that I can see a bigger difference in my BMI.

Take care all. Congrats on your scale victories and your non scale victories.

:girl_hug:g-nite everyone!!!

Had my 2nd fill today, 1 more cc on my 10cc band, putting me at 8cc total. I wanted more but my dr. said no.

I was mad :rose: because I had been eating a lot and still feeling hungry. Like yesterday I had a burrito from Chipotle ( for those who don't know they are monstrous) followed by 6 sugar Cookies, all of which I ate with no problems. And then got home and was still hungry so snacked some more :hungry:.

Well, after this fill today I get home and grab some crackers. On the 5th cracker I think I am going to die. I started sweating profusely and was totally stuck, my chest hurting like hell. After about 15 minutes I mercifully threw up and now feel a little better, but still feel tight in the throat.

So, moral of the story is: if you can eat too much just wait until your next fill!!!! Restriction will come! :whoo:

Caz- First off I want to congratulate you on your weight loss!!!!! You doing awsome!!! So sorry to hear of your PB. I so far.............KNOCK ON WOOD REALY REALLY HARD!!!.....LOL.........have not felt that. I know every bandster goes through this and it is just life being banded but it scares the hell out of me.

I have set a mini goal for Halloween. I want to be at 210 by then. I have 15 more to go in 4 and 1/2 weeks. I think I should be ok as long as I really buggle down and rev up the exercise. I think it is time to rev that up some anyway. Getting to comfy while walking. I have noticed though that since I have been doing exercise and treadmill that it is now taking longer to get my heart rate up. The trainer at the Y told me that was normal. He told me that the healthier people get the harder it is to get their heart rate up to burn more calories. I am thinking........OK.......so in a nutshell........the exercising that I am doing that was about KILLING ME in the beginning is just not enough now since my body has adjusted to it and I am trudging long not getting the maximum out of it so now I need to rev it up a couple more notches.......enough that I will feel like I am dying at it again. UUUUGGGHHHH. LOL I will feel like I am starting all over. LOL Oh well I guess we gotta do what we gotta do. I am wanting to start Water aerobics sometime in October anyway. I am ready.

We really need an exercise challenge on here. I think it would keep me motivated. I really respond to 'task' charts or schedules. LOL

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: I JUST DID MY TICKER JUST TO SEE BECAUSE AS I SAID EARLIER I THOUGHT I HAD TO LOSE A COUPLE MORE POUNDS BEFORE I WOULD BE UNDER THE MORBIDLY OBESE MARK.

I am officially not morbidly obese anymore!!!! :bounce:The band really is working for my or shall I say with me. I am so excited!!!! I screamed and had to tell my whole family.

Well I gotta go. Going to give my mom a call and tell you.

Have you tried the Cherry Adult Tylenol? I don't think it's too bad at all and you don't have to drink as much as the kids version -

Either that other wise I dread drinking liquid tylenol so bad I am MENTALLY warding them off. LOL

!

Phyll - just noticed on your ticker that you and are I just about in the same boat - I've lost 38.4 pounds and have 130+ to go - nice to see someone else at the same place I am - I was thrilled to finally enter the land of twosies today at my fill appointment. Onederland is a ways away...but each day is a step closer.

It sounds like you're having an awesome time on your trip! Much more fun than work, etc. Hope the slots are good to you. :bounce:

Phyll - just noticed on your ticker that you and are I just about in the same boat - I've lost 38.4 pounds and have 130+ to go - nice to see someone else at the same place I am - I was thrilled to finally enter the land of twosies today at my fill appointment. Onederland is a ways away...but each day is a step closer.

It sounds like you're having an awesome time on your trip! Much more fun than work, etc. Hope the slots are good to you. :bounce:

Thanks! And I hope the scale is good to me when I get home!! Too much FAMILY here & everyone wants to go out to eat! Twice today! But... tomorrow the slots!

You're doing great! It was exciting to get in to Twoterville or whatever it is they call it! And then I went under 290, but afraid I may be back up now. Two more days and we go home!! Back to normal eating patterns!

CHIM: I was waiting for your comments on the BODY BUGG!!

unruhlyhd- I do drink the adult tylenol. I just hate he taste of ALL medicine. I am one of those people that NEVER took cough Syrup no matter how bad it was. I thought I was in heaven when they invented the NyQuil liquid gel caps. Got a cold I'd pop those no problem......until now. LOL That is ok I can deal with the liquids for my band. Wouldn't trade it in for nothin'

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I want one now!!!! Appleblossom, I am loving the fall colors/theme you've got going on w/your posts!

My first is tomorrow. And look at all those NSVs!!! Congratulations. Sorry about the bill. That bites, but I'm sure you'll be able to appeal it and win.

Lots of fills going on! It's exciting to see how this band "really" works. Good luck Cherea.:bounce: In all probability it should be just fine. My second fill was today and it was uneventful and over quick. For me, it's the initial jab that kind of stings, then it's mostly painless.