Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I AM GETTING MY BODY BUGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have to come share my new news. LOL I have been talking to my family about this body bugg. How I really would like it, maybe someday, and yada yada yada and tonight my Dh and DD said 'why don't you get it?" I said I don't want to spend money like that on myself. And DD said 'why not you spent it on what we want.' Then DH pipes up and says 'really in the over 4 years we have been together how many times have you really bought yourself something you really wanted.? I said well I bought my Ipod a year and a half ago. And they both laughed and said 'yeah and when you received it you were going to send it back because it was "too much money for something I prob wont use. I don't need something like that for myself'" I had it on the counter and was not opening it because I was sending it back and my daughter said 'I am going to open it so you have to keep it.' I told her 'don't you dare I want to send it back. I don't even really want it' (I really did but told them that) Anyway my daughter wouldn't open it so my hubby got up and got it from her and he opened it and said 'now you have your ipod that you have been wanting for so long." I said 'you didn't have to do that I could have gone without it' and his statement back was 'you need to give a little to yourself once in a while.' So needless to say I was very happy with it and I use it ALL the time. LOL

Sorry got off track there. The point is I NEVER buy MYSELF things that I really want. So anyway, tonight my daughter starts talking about the body bugg at supper. Asking questions and stuff and made the comment that maybe if I was good santa would bring it for me. I said santa does not need to bring me a body bug because my santas need to save their money. (talking about my kids. My daughter is 16 and working 2 jobs and loves to try to buy things for me all the time and I keep telling her save your money or spend it on yourself.) Anyway.....my DH pipes in then and says your right santa don't need to bring it kids we are. We are ordering it tonight for your mom. She deserves it. I said no Danny just forget it. He said "you don't want it now because it is something for you and we are not supposed to spend the money on you. You spend money on all of us all the time for things we don't want and a lot that we never asked for but you get things for us because you know that we will like them. So now it is our turn. Let us do something for you. " I didn't say anything because none of them knew where to buy it from so I figured it would blow over. After supper DD came in my room with her laptop and said what is the website. I told her lets just forget it. Then DH came in and they told me if I didn't tell them where to get it they would find a site that sells them themselves.

I gave in because I didn't want them to get ripped off. My bodybugg is bought and paid for!!!!!!!! I really am getting one. In one sense I am sooooo excited and over joyed but also feeling very guilty because they spent that much on me. I told them that is the end of my Christmas gifts and my daughter said no you will need another subscription by then. LOL OH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!

By the way, I know a couple of others of you on here were talking about maybe getting one so I just wanted to share that we got mine at 24hourfitness and the orinal price on all sites was $399 but on there it was $349 and then if you enter the promotional code BLC24 you will get an additional $50 off. Mine cost $314.?? total and that was with the $15.?? for shipping and everything. I wanted mine fast so I did the 2 day air shipping to have it by Thursday or Friday that is why shipping was so much otherwise standard shipping was $6.??

We saved a $100 dollars by buying from this site. I called and talked to them and they said yes this comes with everything you will get through bodybugg.com or appexfitness.com and you can save $100. The web thing said this sale won't last long. Just an FYI if anyone is still interested.

Beth

I am sorry that you haven't lost in 2 weeks.

So let's get down to WHY..

Are you eating enough or are you eating too much??

Are you making healthly good food choices or are you letting those bad habits slip back in just a little at a time?

Are you getting in all your Protein?

Do you log your food - I find this the most helpful thing for me.. Because its so easy to forget - the yogurt in the a.m. - the hand full of nuts in the after noon the 3 bites of something while you are cooking dinner. If you log and count calories then you might see what going on .

Are you getting your exercise in - and drinking your Water.

Are you under some stress where you might be popping a few M&M at the office every day?? What's going on... What's the answers to these questions...

Do you have any restriction?? When do you go for a fill. I got my 1st fill on 9/5 and had restriction for about a week - but it's gone - i really watch what i eat but I do manage to get in 1000 - 1200 calories a day (my night time eating ugh hate it but can't stop it - have reduced it so maybe one day I will be able to stop it..)

Tell us what's up ... What's really up !!!! We are here for you always:girl_hug::)

You are a wonderful person. I went back to my fitday to see what was up. I also called the doctors office and they were waiting to hear from me because they thought I would need a fill. The doctor had charted upon my return from Africa to set me up for a fill with no questions. On my first fill he didn't fill it as normal because of my trip. I had totally forgot till you jogged my thoughts. (with my doctor the nurse will see if you need a fill before they will just schedule one) Not sure if all doctors do this. But my fill is oct 2. Just going to try to cut my calories back until then. currently at 1200 cal a day will try for 1000. Thanks for the support. The support and much needed rest last night has helped. Dad took care of the kids knowing I had a bad day. Yeah.

thanks

beth

Peaches, great idea. I was thinking to go around Oct. 16th. I have to confirm some meetings, first though. When is your nutritional seminar? I was thinking sometime the week of Oct. 15 or the next week.

Hi Kathy,

I just emailed JILL at TBLC to see if there was something on the roster for Wed 17th, that's the only day I don't work that week.

I'l email you and let you know the results

I AM GETTING MY BODY BUGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have to come share my new news. LOL I have been talking to my family about this body bugg. How I really would like it, maybe someday, and yada yada yada and tonight my Dh and DD said 'why don't you get it?" I said I don't want to spend money like that on myself. And DD said 'why not you spent it on what we want.' Then DH pipes up and says 'really in the over 4 years we have been together how many times have you really bought yourself something you really wanted.? I said well I bought my Ipod a year and a half ago. And they both laughed and said 'yeah and when you received it you were going to send it back because it was "too much money for something I prob wont use. I don't need something like that for myself'" I had it on the counter and was not opening it because I was sending it back and my daughter said 'I am going to open it so you have to keep it.' I told her 'don't you dare I want to send it back. I don't even really want it' (I really did but told them that) Anyway my daughter wouldn't open it so my hubby got up and got it from her and he opened it and said 'now you have your ipod that you have been wanting for so long." I said 'you didn't have to do that I could have gone without it' and his statement back was 'you need to give a little to yourself once in a while.' So needless to say I was very happy with it and I use it ALL the time. LOL

Sorry got off track there. The point is I NEVER buy MYSELF things that I really want. So anyway, tonight my daughter starts talking about the body bugg at supper. Asking questions and stuff and made the comment that maybe if I was good santa would bring it for me. I said santa does not need to bring me a body bug because my santas need to save their money. (talking about my kids. My daughter is 16 and working 2 jobs and loves to try to buy things for me all the time and I keep telling her save your money or spend it on yourself.) Anyway.....my DH pipes in then and says your right santa don't need to bring it kids we are. We are ordering it tonight for your mom. She deserves it. I said no Danny just forget it. He said "you don't want it now because it is something for you and we are not supposed to spend the money on you. You spend money on all of us all the time for things we don't want and a lot that we never asked for but you get things for us because you know that we will like them. So now it is our turn. Let us do something for you. " I didn't say anything because none of them knew where to buy it from so I figured it would blow over. After supper DD came in my room with her laptop and said what is the website. I told her lets just forget it. Then DH came in and they told me if I didn't tell them where to get it they would find a site that sells them themselves.

I gave in because I didn't want them to get ripped off. My bodybugg is bought and paid for!!!!!!!! I really am getting one. In one sense I am sooooo excited and over joyed but also feeling very guilty because they spent that much on me. I told them that is the end of my Christmas gifts and my daughter said no you will need another subscription by then. LOL OH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!

By the way, I know a couple of others of you on here were talking about maybe getting one so I just wanted to share that we got mine at 24hourfitness and the orinal price on all sites was $399 but on there it was $349 and then if you enter the promotional code BLC24 you will get an additional $50 off. Mine cost $314.?? total and that was with the $15.?? for shipping and everything. I wanted mine fast so I did the 2 day air shipping to have it by Thursday or Friday that is why shipping was so much otherwise standard shipping was $6.??

We saved a $100 dollars by buying from this site. I called and talked to them and they said yes this comes with everything you will get through bodybugg.com or appexfitness.com and you can save $100. The web thing said this sale won't last long. Just an FYI if anyone is still interested.

Hi , I hope this dosn't sound like a totally dumb question... but why would you need a body bug when you are banded?

Dosn't the BAND keep you tight enough to lose the weight?

You are a wonderful person. I went back to my fitday to see what was up. I also called the doctors office and they were waiting to hear from me because they thought I would need a fill. The doctor had charted upon my return from Africa to set me up for a fill with no questions. On my first fill he didn't fill it as normal because of my trip. I had totally forgot till you jogged my thoughts. (with my doctor the nurse will see if you need a fill before they will just schedule one) Not sure if all doctors do this. But my fill is oct 2. Just going to try to cut my calories back until then. currently at 1200 cal a day will try for 1000. Thanks for the support. The support and much needed rest last night has helped. Dad took care of the kids knowing I had a bad day. Yeah.

thanks

beth

Beth

Rest is #1 - if i am over tired i have a tendacy to want to eat - you need your rest and I remember that's hard to get when you have little ones (this is another reason i love my age - been there done that :( but no more )- you are lucky that you have a DH who steps up to the plate when you need him and that he realizes it too :clap2:

Also here is another suggestion - one day 1000 calories - next day 1200 vary it - that seems to help push the metabolism... Also - Calicum is a great way to rid the body of fat (6 lbs in a yr) make sure you are getting in your Calcium ....

Exercise - it's not the minutes that count but the intenstity... Ya gotta push yourself - (well after you have rested) last night i put the elevation on the treadmill to 5 - had been doing 3 or 4 ..

Beth, Thanks for the kind words - we are all in this together and we aren't going to succeed without the help of our friends who understand our struggles with food weight etc

xoxox

Janet

Jackie - Great on the Bodybugg - keep me posted on how it works... I just might have to get one too.

CeCe - I wonder why it is you get filled and have restriction for the first week then lose it:confused: - You think you are at your sweet spot but within a week it's gone:eek:. I understand that the first few days might be swelling from the adjustment - but would think that would be over in about a day or so?? I am back to eating about 2 cup for dinner - making good choices - but imho eating too much -

Hi everyone - I have scanned the post - been real busy as my boss is on vacation - and haven't really posted since last week - just a note here and there - will try and ck back in later - hope everyone has a GREAT DAY....

Hi , I hope this dosn't sound like a totally dumb question... but why would you need a body bug when you are banded?

Dosn't the BAND keep you tight enough to lose the weight?

Peaches- I this will keep track of the caories that I am BURNING. That will let me know for sure that I am burning more than I eat. I have been reading posts on here in the body bugg post from people banded that use this and they just love it and swear by it. I know the band provides restriction I just wanted this extra boost to keep me in check. I want to see the amount of calories I am burning throughout the day. This goes on morning to night so it will give me a total burned number.

Buy the way anyone that is interested the body bugg at 24 hour fitness is the version 2 so you have the option of adding the watch later. Just wanted to let others know.

Beth - You're doing terrific on the weight loss! I was banded a day before you and I've only lost about 5 lbs since the surgery! (I count my pre-op diet loss in my total loss in my ticker.) I'd say though that if you're hungry you should get a fill...you shouldn't have to live your life hungry...we already know what that's like!

There's been some talk about what exactly is a PB and I've come to my own conclusion that it's just different for everyone. I get that "heat flash" feeling with a lot of slobber and then I just go to the bathroom and heave a little and out comes a gob of slobber and it's all over. I guess I'm just blessed with an incredible control of my gag reflex and can just make it move with my motions.

I've also noticed that if it takes longer than about 20 minutes to eat I can eat A LOT! It must start going down by then and then I can just re-fill the pouch? What do you think?

Something else: My fill doc said that sometimes after a fill the tissue around the fill gets swollen so you are tighter for a few days and then the swelling goes down....this could be what some of you are experiencing. I DID notice that I was tight for the first few days and then I was fine...I just need to remember to not eat those first few bites of a meal too fast...I get over-excited with food in front of me!

Well, I weighed myself yesterday and FINALLY got to 238! I swear the scale has a vandetta against me and did not want to go below 239. Now, I'm not getting stuck on numbers, but it was getting ridiculous!

I've had sick kids all weekend...lucky me! Connor woke up last night with a fever and the uk-poos...just keeps getting better!

My update is pretty good! I think I got a really great first fill and it lasted until this past week. I've been wanting more to eat and I've thought maybe it's time, maybe it's not. We went out for burgers on Saturday and I ate my whole burger-bread and all. It was totally yummy though! I ate too much at last nights dinner(like most recent meals), so I know it's time to fill the band a little more. I'm having liquid for today and a lean cuisine for dinner like my pre-band diet. I don't want any bloat for the fill.

I am very happy with my band. I have not lost weight as fast as I thought I would and I've had to work on this acceptance. I have been working really hard at this and it is not easy. I thought the band would do a little more for me. I have my own battles with food, food choices and emotional attachment to food. I hope y'all understand I'm not complaining, I'm just sharing what reality is versus what I thought it would be pre-banding. I relate to what many of you have typed about this.

I am getting more into exercise. I often walk with Moms from the school and if not I make myself go to the gym. I get a better work out at the gym. No chatting and I sweat more.

I had to force myself to get there today, but once I was about 20 minutes into my workout, I started feeling euphoria- really really optimistic and happy. I was still ready to get it over with, but I really like what it does to my attitude.

Congratulations to the group. Every pound is another step towards goal. Keep believing in yourselves.

I've also noticed that if it takes longer than about 20 minutes to eat I can eat A LOT! It must start going down by then and then I can just re-fill the pouch? What do you think?

Well, I weighed myself yesterday and FINALLY got to 238! I swear the scale has a vandetta against me

I've had sick kids all weekend...lucky me! quote]

I'm sorry Marcy, about the sick kids. Well wishes to them. Congratulations on another pound gone!

In regards to eating, I realized I could eat more if I sit there too long also. I try to eat slow to avoid any type of episode, but eating too slow can mean too much food. I totally agree that it can start to pass if you're there much longer than 20 minutes. This is a very specific area that I hope gets better with my next fill. I want the totally full but no pain feeling to last longer.

Beth

Do you log your food - I find this the most helpful thing for me.. Because its so easy to forget - the yogurt in the a.m. - the hand full of nuts in the after noon the 3 bites of something while you are cooking dinner. If you log and count calories then you might see what going on .

/quote]

I HATE this one, but I agree, it is so necessary. I don't do it daily because of my stubborn-ness and the effort it takes, but I try to do it most days and it is any eye opener. I can still pack in the calories. Sparkpeople.com is a great journal and support site. I know it's been mentioned again recently.

Only4me & Caolin-Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's hard to get over the social issues I have but I try my best! I really do!

I had my 2nd fill on Monday. What a fiasco.

I was ready for it. I was eating too much and hungry too often. He stuck me with the needle and it hurt, it hurt bad, to make matters worse, he moved the needle to stick my port and that hurt even more. I was sweating like crazy and breathing like I was giving birth or something. I had a couple sips of Water after and everything seemed fine. Halfway home, aftter taking a few more sips of water on the road, the water came up...all of it. I should have turned around but I didn't, probably for fear of being stuck again with the needle. Well, 45 mins later I was home and I took a nap. I got up and tried to sip some water, again, it wanted out. Everything I tried to drink or eat it wanted out. So I called th nurse and she told me to come in as soon as I could the next morning.

I got to the dr.'s office at 7:30am after a rough night of no water and no food..boooo! The nurse used the x-ray tv machine thing and took out .5 and I felt instantly better-no rock in the throat feeling when I took a sip of water. I'm going to request the dr use the x-ray machine thing next time. The nurse used it and didn't have to move the needle around at all, it was a breeze.

*sigh* I'm so glad I can drink and eat now!

I've noticed that since being banded, I've not suffered from daily headaches. I put it down to eating better. Today for some reason I did a bad thing. A very bad thing. I ate one of those mini Almond Joy bars. Wouldn't you know it, I've had a headache most of the afternoon. Now I have the choice of either suffering through it or succumbing to that gawd-awful liquid Tylenol to get rid of it. I guess that's a NSV of sorts. Not a very pleasant one though, lol. Still..... lesson learned! No more choccy! Bad choccy! Choccy make head booboo! :peep:

Citygirl sorry to hear about your fill drama. I'm glad you got it sorted out though. I'm really surprised the doc didn't use that fluroscope thingy the first time round. I'd insist on it for every fill from now on if I were you!

Ruby, you should be able to take regular pills now. You are at two months. That's what my doctor allows. Your doctor may be different. Even though you ate the candy bar, I bet in the past you would have eaten more than one so it is a victory and a change in lifestyle.