Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello to all of you July Bandsters.... it's been a while since I wrote or even dropped in...

I didn't go for my second fill, as it was 3 days before our fasting month of Ramadan, and we hardly get one or two meals a day... one in the evening after sunset and a light one before sun rise... I thought I was hardly eating and drinking...

I am doing ok... but to be honest, the I believe it is the fear of any pain from eating is responsible for loosing the weight...

I have lost about 15 kgs. that is about 36 pounds...

I am always afraid to eat, I don't want to feel the pain of food being stuck or the feel of throwing out...

My main problem is still the pain in my neck and right shoulder...

I had to go to a neorologyst, and he said it is not the band but most likely when they put me to sleep they have moved my neck in a way that is causing me this pain... I am sure it will go one day... but the fact that it is still there.... a bit better... but the medication I am taking is making me sleepy most of the time...

But let me be honest, while I am at work, I am ok, as long as I don't type a lot or use my right hand that much..

I hope we keep up on supporting each other... I know I have to go for a fill after our fasting month, and that would be after 20 days.... to be honest... I don't feel like it, but I guess I have to...

bye for now...:notagree

<p><p>

-------Beware...lots of emotional whining here------</p> <p> </p> <p>Hi all, </p> <p> </p> <p>TGIF. Seriously. I had a terrible week.</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>*sigh* Sorry I unloaded all of this on to you all. I just feel crappy and didn't know where to dump all of my sorrows except here where some people might hopefully understand where I am coming from. Maybe I just need to take a nap and sleep it off or something. Ugh, life is so hard.</p> <p> </p> <p>I hope everyone has had a better week!
</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> </p> <p> </p> <p>

Citygirlnks:--Thats what we are here for, If you want to whine......You go to it....Im sorry to say that men have not changed much from my college days

You are a beautiful young girl who so much to offer these people. Unfortunalty we live in a world where beauty is measured against the anorexic bimbos we see in magazines or on tv. Just think...its almost October, only 2 more months of the semester after that.......Do the best you can to find a steady group of students that you can all contribute equally. You can do anything for a few months.....

I see I'm the late night contributor once again.....lol That is ok, it seems it's the only time I have to get on the computer without interruptions!

I appreciate reading about the different experiences with having a fill.....at first I felt nothing, several days later I start to feel a little restriction, but not enough to cause me to pb or slime, I'm confused on how this delayed tightening works? Any one have any explanation? I'd appreciate it!

Chim - Thanks, any small NSV gives me a good feeling. Good luck with your weigh in and fill next week!!

Lindaa - Glad your ring was found!! I'll be glad to get my 10 year anniversary band in a whole new smaller size (a year and 1/2 to go...)

distant0098 - that sounds a little unhealthy to me. I was told that with a fill I should still be able to eat solids as long as I chewed it well and took small bites...I'd check with your doctor about it!!

Lynette - Congrats on getting rid of 30lbs. for good!! You are so close to being under 200 I'm jealous.....and look forward to the day when I can share that wonderful news also.....good for you!!

Citygirlnks - This is as good a place to vent and whine! I'm a 47 year old student who is heavy, so I can relate in some ways to your feelings. It's difficult to not be chosen for what you bring to the table, but by how you look, it's just not fair, but just keep thinking what you will be like a year from now..........good luck!!

I return to the University of Washington this coming week to start my final year....yipeeeee......I'm looking forward to getting back into the work world and having the money to spend on a new wardrobe!!! lol

Hi everyone,

I got back from Baltimore last night. Family was happy to see me!! It was so nice to sleep in my own bed.

To my surprise, I weighed myself this morning expecting to be up a bit, but instead was down 2 lbs. Yeah!!

I know I was a little careful, but not overly. I certainly couldn't eat too much, about 1/2 of what I would pre-banding. It is a really nice feeling to know this band is my safety net.

I do notice that I have the most difficulty in the morning. Each time I've PB'd has been on Breakfast. Either I forget to chew because I'm not a morning person. LOL. Or I am much tighter in the morning. All other meals go down fine. Just a little tightness in my chest in the morning.

Hi all. I just got back from Tampa last night. I was there all week for work without a computer...ahhhhhg!!!

I was taking 40mg of Prednisone this week for my asthma. I was afraid to get on the scale since prednisone makes me eat, eat, eat. My goal this week was not to gain. I lost 1 lb. yeah!!! And I can breathe...:eek:

I still get that golf ball feeling in my stomach whenever I eat. Do you think my band is too tight?

My mood is much improved. I was just in a funk and sick too. I haven't read all the messages yet so I will go back now and see how everyone is doing. Talk with y'all later.

Sunny, Losing weight while taking Prednisone is awesome! When you stop taking it you should loose even more because Prednisone also usually makes a person retain fluids. Good job! As for the golf ball whenever you eat, I get that too. I do think it's from being overfilled. If I didn't have to pay so much every time I go to the doctor, I would ask fo ra little unfill, but as long as I am able to keep something down and feel OK throughout the day, I am going to tough it out and wait until I lose enough weight so that the band losens on it's own.

Glad you're feeling sunny again!

Caolin--Isn't it great to be able to slide that puppy off your finger? Now that's progress! Pretty soon you'll be needing to get it resized. I lost my engagement ring that way the last time I lost a ton of weight. The ring slipped off and I didn't realize it. My son found it years later in a file cabinet!

Chim--Guess who else has a b-day on Oct 26? You, me and Hilary!

Gotta tell you all: Last week I was bummed b/c I only lost 0.5 lb. Now THIS week it was 8.5! (and that was AFTER the Cheesecake Factory) Just hang in there everyone. All of a sudden you WILL see that scale move. Have faith.

WOW!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

You are doing awesome!!!!:whoo:

WOW!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

You are doing awesome!!!!:whoo:

This is a great thread for support and encouragement.... From time to time WE will ALL need it.... so don't feel badly about whinning....

There will be lots of days when there will be something to BRAG about ie. Lynette's getting to ONE_dr-land.... that is so close!!!

Kathy, glad you had a loss of 2#'s even while traveling... that is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Me, I am hanging in with my too tight in the morning band. I have a fill (#3) scheduled Wed. 26th, but I am wondering if I should have 1/4 of a cc removed... I am torn with what to do.

I am getting in 1000 cals per day (give or take) and I've been behaving better with my food choices. I also think having a slight de-fill will help me get my "8 pills" down easier too.

I was in the habit of downing all my meds first thing in the morning, then I'd not have to remember it later or if I was out of the house... etc.

Well, now I can't swallow breaky very easily let alone Pills!! I dont' take them until around 11 a.m. now, and then only 1/2 of them..

Anybody else having medication issues???

Jackie

If the band is tighter in the morning why does it loosen up later in the day? The amount of saline in the band hasn't changed over the course of the day so I don't get why the feeling is different later on. I'm asking because my doctor hasn't talked to me about this.

My eating yesterday wasn't good at all. I went out with friends, had drinks and ate chicken wing after chicken wing. I also had a chocolate sundae. It was small but full of calories, sugar and fat. I know that it certainly wasn't as bad as it would have been pre-band but I was grazing all nite. To make matters worse, I didn't walk at all yesterday.

Today was better. I had 2 chicken wings for breakfast and I didn't eat until 5 hours later. This morning that Protein and little bit of restriction went a long way. I had 1/2 a stuffed pepper and about an ounce of pork at 5:30 and now its 3 1/2 hours later and I could eat again. I'm drinking Water to help stave (sp?) off the hunger.

Walking record

I walked for 30 minutes in front of the TV today as I watched Ugly Betty. The time went by quicker than expected. I'm feeling my exercise mojo wearing off but I know I must stay the course!

Maria,

I have been dreading my second fill, too, due to pain in my neck and shoulder. Mine has been in my left shoulder. I haven't read your previous posts, so I wasn't sure when your pain began. Mine began the day after getting my first fill. I had a horrible stomach spasm and now I have pain every day in my neck and shoulder. I decided to visit my regular family doctor, a D.O., and she did some manipulations on the vertabrae in my neck. It hurt a lot that first night, but since then, I have had very little pain. She said that the stomach spasm probably made me tense up in a way that caused me to pull a muscle or something. She also said that I had a vertabrae all out of line in my neck. I am scheduled to go again next week and have her work on my neck for about 30 minutes. she called it an OMP session. Not sure what it stands for... I hope you can get your pain relieved. When I read your message, it sounded exactly like what I have been going through. Good luck!

Christina

Jackie

If the band is tighter in the morning why does it loosen up later in the day? The amount of saline in the band hasn't changed over the course of the day so I don't get why the feeling is different later on. I'm asking because my doctor hasn't talked to me about this.

What my doctor told me was that when we lay down after a while our organs swell some at night. I myself have felt this. It tastes me a while in the morning to drink a whole Protein Shake but as the day goes on I can eat and drink faster and more than in the am. Everyone is different but this seems to be pretty common with the band. I have read this several times on here and a couple of other sites.

Different things can cause your band to feel tighter one day than the next. Stress is one example I can think of off the top of my head and right now I can tell you for me (I have read of others as well) 'aunt flo' is causing more tightness. When I had my fill Thursday the PA told me that this might happen. I am not too tight but I can tell a difference today from yesterday. My hands and feet are more swollen today to so I know it is from 'the unwanted guest'. LOL

Good evening all....another pound lost and I wonder how I'm doing this, as I've been real lax about my exerecise "routine" lately!

I have a question, if we are eating solids each day, is it necessary to take a Protein Shake still? I have not had one in about three weeks now....once I return to school I may have one in the morning, but I just noticed that some on this site are still taking Protein Shakes daily....

OnMyWay07 (Christina) - Thank you so much for talking about the pain in your neck and shoulder, I thought it was just me sleeping wrong, but I've had the same pain in my neck/shoulder as well - - I'm glad you shared what your Doctor said it was, I was getting a little scared about what it could be. Today is the first day in about a week or so that I've not had to deal with the pain.....

Sounds like some have had some wonderful victories with weight loss this week....CONGRATULATIONS!!:)

Celeste