Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Just had to pop in to tell you all that I have had 2 fills (1 per week the last 2 weeks!!) and for the first few days I had restriction and then after the first one, nothing!! The second one has really lossened up and I have SOME restriction but not nearly enough. I could eat and eat and eat it would just take me some time. I called the Dr. today and they have set up my appointment for this Thursday for my 3rd fill. I hope this one does the trick because I am hungry 2 hours after I eat!

Sounds like everyone is doing great with the weight loss.

Dini-way to go girl!!

Chim- I am definately not looking forward to pb'ing!! Scares the begeebas outta me!!!

lynette- so sorry to hear about the $$. That really sucks to get you all excited about the refund and then to tell you oh no we let the insurance know. UUUGGGHHHH Money well spent though girl.

Everyone else I miss talking to all of you and want to congratulate EVERYONE on their successes. I am going to try spending some time on here this weekend catching up on everthing. Be prepared because you all know how my posts go on and on when I start posting. LOL

Take care!!!!!!

Walking record

I walked around the outside of my job for 30 minutes then when I got home I did another 30 minutes around my neighborhood.

I don't want to stretch out my pouch. I just looked at my doctor's orders from post surgery and it said I should be having 6 1/2 cup meals per day. Damn!! I've been doubling the amount and eating less meals for the most part (like today I'll probably have 4 meals total. The weight loss is working so far but I don't want to mess this thing up in the long run. I have to now talk myself into having smaller meals. The struggle ain't over ya'll!

My food log for today

Breakfast- 1 weight watchers yogurt with Protein Powder mixed in and 1/2 a banana

Lunch- 1 chef boy ardee lunch pack beefaroni (its 7.5 oz)

snack- 2oz chicken breast and 1 oz cheese

snack-1 Breakfast bar

dinner- 1/2 a cobb salad from Pizzaria Uno's (It was huge)

I guess most of us are eating about 1 to 1.5 cups of food per meal. Does this sound correct? I was worried that I was eating too much at each meal.

Kathy

Congrats on the adoption!! Usually when people talk about going to court its bad news but ur story was the total opposite. Might I add that u look great!!! Keep it going girl!

Hi Kathy, my surg. recommends 1/2 to 3/4 cup food in total per meal, plus add protien Snacks 2 - 3 times thru out the day.

They don't want you to PAK your POUCH and stretch it out...

Kathy- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day! And a beautiful family, may God bless you all forever. Thanks for sharing these great news.

My daily food:

Breakfast: 1 cup SF pudding ( 60 cal)

Lunch: 1 hard-bolied egg ( 65 cal)

Dinner:

-Small salad ( spinach, carrots, artichoves heart, olives, light balsamic vinagreitte dressing)

- Some meat

- Some starch ( Pasta, rice or potatoes)

- Sometimes Beans or corn

I don't know how much meat/starch I eat but it's whatever fits in a saucer. The salad is in a saucer also. I have no idea how many calories I am eating at dinner, therefore I don't know my total for the day.

I am, however, getting hungrier and hungrier, sooner and sooner after eating. Thank God I have an appointment next week, it's definitely time for a fill!

I just cheated!!!!!!!

OK, for the first time since my fill I was completely starved upon coming home. Like pre-banding starving. And because of that I went for the first thing I saw in front of : chocolate italian cream cake, left over from DH's birthday. And I hadn't had any yet. It was so good.... I chewed a lot and did not have any problems with it. Thank goodness it was the last slice so no more temptation. I was doing so good, but now am hungry again. Next Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

I just cheated!!!!!!!

OK, for the first time since my fill I was completely starved upon coming home. Like pre-banding starving. And because of that I went for the first thing I saw in front of : chocolate italian cream cake, left over from DH's birthday. And I hadn't had any yet. It was so good.... I chewed a lot and did not have any problems with it. Thank goodness it was the last slice so no more temptation. I was doing so good, but now am hungry again. Next Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

It's not cheating :D- you can eat these things ;)

Just not in the quanity or how often you did before:hungry:

just every now and them:)

Today's Menu

Shaved Ham 5 slices 50c 7pt

1 cup Pinto Bean Soup - 200c - 15pt

Grape Raisin Protein Drink 70c 15pt

Fish (catfish baked) 160c 21pt

Squash 40c 1 pt

Rice 1/2 c 120c 1 pt

Snacks tonite

2 sf puddings 120c 4 pt

1 fudgecicle 80c

Watermelon 100 c

total calories 820 so still have some room for nite time munchies

total Protein 64 grms

Excercise - 2 miles - 36 minutes - 15 minutes weights...

jamieb63640;568060- this will be my 3rd fill.

Indio-wow girl excellent exercise record!! Keep it up.

Kathy- Congrats on the 'official' adoption. Your family is beautiful. You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to report a NSV! Yesterday we met my daughter and b/f at The Cheesecake Factory. (I only had Soup and a couple bites of cheesecake, but that's not the point) The waitress asked if we wanted a booth or a table and I took a chance on a booth. . . I was comfortable! My daugher understood the significance and gave me a wink when I sat down. I was soooo happy. When we hugged my daughter and b/f good-bye (they had to go back to school) the b/f wispered to me, "You're looking good!" What a great day!

that is so cool, i'm really happy for you. it was great also that your daughter b/f said that what a sweety!!! The Cheesecake Factory sounds like my type of place .... ah i love cheesechake. strawberry cheesecake. YUMMY

Hi everyone, I've been MIA for awhile, and too many pages to catch up on. Hope everyone is well.

I got my first fill and am doing really well on it. I can comfortably eat about 1 cup of food per meal, and do have a decent amount of restriction without being too tight.

I have had 3 PB's, but they haven't been too icky. 2 times in the morning and 1 time in the evening. Each time I didn't chew enough, and it came up really easily with no aweful feeling.

Every day I've been having 3 meals with 3 Snacks. This has helped me not feel too hungry, and has kept my blood sugar under control. I'm diabetic and my readings have been really good!!!

We had our court date on Sept 14th so now Sarah is officially our daughter!!! It was really amazing. My whole family came to the court to share in the moment and then we had a party in the evening to Celebrate. It was really wonderful. Family and friend, plus our social workers who managed the adoption all came, and we had it catered. They did an amazing job, excellent food & drink. With them doing all the work, we could enjoy ourselves. I've attached a couple of pictures of our special day.

I did end up eating a bit more than I "should" have, but really not an issue, and still right on track. I haven't weighted myself yet, but know I'm losing!!!!

I love my band!!! I was supposed to go for my second fill on Sept 27, but am going to Palm Springs in early October and don't want to be too restricted while I'm away, so will get it when I return.

All i can say is

CONGRATULATIONS

& THAT I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL

Dini, Congratulations on 163! I would be absolutely thrilled if my scale said that, but not too much longer for me.

Lindaa, I bet those compliments made you feel wonderful! Congratulations.

babes thanks to you and everyone for being happy for me. you damn right not much longer at all. when i get to the 155 mark i'll start relaxing and thinking ok this is actually working right now i'm afraid to think like that. i'm so sorry about the burger, its a bitch when that happens, it seams to happen to me all the time i never learn. by now i should know the food i can and cant eat. i really should stay away from all carbs cos they dont agree with my and the band but pig headed Denisa STILL eats them.

I just cheated!!!!!!!

thats not cheating. but my god that cake dose sound amazing. what is all this talk about cakes today. there all sounding so yummy.

actually i must confess to you all. i just eat a chocolate spounge fudge cake with whipped cream and strawberries. holy willies it was nice. now i eat half of what i normally would have eating. it was divine !!!!

Auntie phyl,

where you given any prices for a caribbien cruise? also do you know if she can get me a deal on a flight from Dublin (just wondering) that is going to set me back quiet a lot

hope everyone is well xx

oh Chim darling i hope your all better xx

dini- hey babes!!! Your weight loss is amazing!! Your doing wonderful. Can't wait to see the numbers that you are seeing. Congrats to you!! You are definately inspiring all of us.

I am doing good. I just got back from my 3 mile walk, IN THE RAIN!!!!!!! UUUGGHHHH!! My own damn fault though. I was too damn lazy to go to the gym today when I was in town. I told my friend 'oh I will just walk tonight outside at home' and then I piddled around with her in town. I knew it was supposed to rain so it is my own fault. Oh well I had an umbrella so it wasn't all that bad. LOL:D

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my daughter. I'm glad you all liked the pics... I'm kind of biased, but I think I have a pretty cute family too!!

Today I had a stressful day, so am glad that I didn't totally lose it on the food front. I ate fairly well all day except I had a small McDonalds ice cream sundae. I don't consider this a cheat. I like what Indio said "its not a cheat... we can eat this now, just in small amounts" I have to admit, it did the trick and I was really full. In the past, it would have been a large McFlurry, not a small sundae.

I'm off to Baltimore tomorrow for 3 days, so will be busy with work. I plan to go have a crab feast though, while I'm there. I love crab!!!

When I get back I'm going to start my exercise plan. I haven't really done anything major yet... so I think it's time.

Brandy, I read your PB & travel incident and have to admit, it worries me that it might happen to me. I've PB'd a couple of times, so don't want it to happen while I'm at a lunch or dinner meeting. Thankfully my co-worker travelling with me this week knows about my lapband (she is one of two at work who do).

Take care,

Kathy, Good luck on your business trip. I think the trick is just to remember to eat slowly no matter how hungry you are. I think we can eat anything in small quantity if we can just remember that.