Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone, I've been MIA for awhile, and too many pages to catch up on. Hope everyone is well.

I got my first fill and am doing really well on it. I can comfortably eat about 1 cup of food per meal, and do have a decent amount of restriction without being too tight.

I have had 3 PB's, but they haven't been too icky. 2 times in the morning and 1 time in the evening. Each time I didn't chew enough, and it came up really easily with no aweful feeling.

Every day I've been having 3 meals with 3 Snacks. This has helped me not feel too hungry, and has kept my blood sugar under control. I'm diabetic and my readings have been really good!!!

We had our court date on Sept 14th so now Sarah is officially our daughter!!! It was really amazing. My whole family came to the court to share in the moment and then we had a party in the evening to Celebrate. It was really wonderful. Family and friend, plus our social workers who managed the adoption all came, and we had it catered. They did an amazing job, excellent food & drink. With them doing all the work, we could enjoy ourselves. I've attached a couple of pictures of our special day.

I did end up eating a bit more than I "should" have, but really not an issue, and still right on track. I haven't weighted myself yet, but know I'm losing!!!!

I love my band!!! I was supposed to go for my second fill on Sept 27, but am going to Palm Springs in early October and don't want to be too restricted while I'm away, so will get it when I return.

Kathybad

:confused::bananajump::):bananajump::):bananajump:;):bananajump::bananajump::bananajump::bananajump::bananajump::bananajump::bananajump:

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY ADOPTION!

Thanks for sharing the pics. The kids are adorable! :) You are looking great as well!

Hi Everyone!!

I have not posted here since a couple of weeks before I was banded.....and I now realize that I need to have some band buddies because I feel that I am not doing this right!!!

I have lost a total of 31 pounds, but most was before the band. I had my 1st fill August 11, then my 2nd fill, September 12 and I only lost 4 lbs for that month! The Dr. said it was fine, since I was at the low end for BMI on the lap band, 41, but I feel that I could have lost 4 lbs without the band!

HELP!! I need to get on track regarding eating......

Can someone tell me what they have for Breakfast, lunch, dinner & any Snacks for a day? That would help me a lot!!:confused:

Breakfast - coffee w/unjury unflavored Protein Powder (20 grms)

SF Yogurt (5 grms) or weight control oatmeal or eggbeaters omelett w/ a little ham & cheese (i don't like sweet stuff for breakfast) maybe an english muffin

Lunch - 1 cup of - veggies or cup of Soup or soft taco and some refired Beans or 3 oz hamburger patty or 1 cup left overs from dinner the night before

Dinner - 3 or 4 oz fish or ck (baked) or red meat once a week and veggies and 1/2 cup of brown rice or Pasta a small salad w/lite dressing or will have 1 soft taco and beans or rice - or ck enchillad (1 cup)

I save my snacks for night time as I am a night time eater - I usually have 1 or 2 sf choc puddings and a healthy request sf fudgecicle or maybe some watermelon.

4 lbs in a month is on par with the 1-2 lbs a week that is the average loss

KATHY - CONGRATULATAIONS ON THE FINAL ADOPTION OF YOUR DAUGHTER...

You have a beautiful family

I ate too quicklly and got into trouble on business trip today. I was at the airport by 5:30 a.m., so my breakfast shake earlier didn't last me very long, so by 11:00 in my first meeting, I was starving and stomach was growling. We ended up grabbing a quick burger, so I tried to eat it with one side of the bun and a piece of lettuce to hold it together and I guess I was eating and swallowing too quickly. Only had about three bites and face got flushed and chest tight and I knew I was in trouble, so I excused myself and went to the ladies room. It has never been this bad. I couldn't believe the level of pain and I went into the handicap stall and paced, and tried to breathe, Nose was running, heart was pounding, eyes tearing. I didn't think it was going to pass, but finally, I was able to get it out. It's funny, but I only kept two bites down, but once I got the third bite out, I felt fine and actually felt full.....not sure why on the last. Ended up meeting vendors for another meeting and about two hours later they wanted to treat us to lunch. Ended up getting a bowl of french onion Soup and a roll and that went down fine. Then flew back home and exercised for an hour. Then a more sensible dinner of ham and an egg. But wasn't full, so waited awhile and had another shake. About 1067 calories in total.

2nd fill is supposed to be on Thursday, but I'm back to thinking perhaps I don't want to get it. The first fill was fine until this last week and things seem tight. Perhaps it is tight enough already and I should leave well enough alone. Plus I fly out early Friday morning to meet my husband for a very hectic weekend trip. Which includes my 30th HS reunion. My Dr only recommends liquids for that one day, but might have problems away from home during the weekend.

Lindaa

Congrats on your NSV!! Didn't u just love sliding right into the booth? Awww....sweet victory!!, lol

Walking record

1 hour of walking around a middle school track near my job with my linesister. The hour went by quickly because we were talking for most of the time. I fear that we weren't walking as fast as we should because I felt too comfy talking. Tomorrow I'm on my own with the exercise.

2nd fill is supposed to be on Thursday, but I'm back to thinking perhaps I don't want to get it. The first fill was fine until this last week and things seem tight. Perhaps it is tight enough already and I should leave well enough alone. Plus I fly out early Friday morning to meet my husband for a very hectic weekend trip. Which includes my 30th HS reunion. My Dr only recommends liquids for that one day, but might have problems away from home during the weekend.

Brandy - sorry you got stuck - I think we forget we have a band and just revert to our old eating habits - I agree you might not need a fill - I would wait til after your reunion - My 35 yr will be next Nov (08) hope to be at goal by then .... Have fun seeing all your old friends.

Walking record

1 hour of walking around a middle school track near my job with my linesister. The hour went by quickly because we were talking for most of the time. I fear that we weren't walking as fast as we should because I felt too comfy talking. Tomorrow I'm on my own with the exercise.

Ssankofa - at leat you walked and you need to work your way up to walking faster - at least that's how i am..- how many times around the track?? each lap is 1/4 of a mile..

My exercise today - 58 minutes - 3 miles on intervals flat & 4 incline. burned 436 calories...

My food log for today

Breakfast- 1 weight watchers yogurt with Protein powder mixed in and 1/2 a banana

Lunch- 1 chef boy ardee lunch pack beefaroni (its 7.5 oz)

snack- 2oz chicken breast and 1 oz cheese

snack-1 breakfast bar

dinner- 1/2 a cobb salad from Pizzaria Uno's (It was huge)

I guess most of us are eating about 1 to 1.5 cups of food per meal. Does this sound correct? I was worried that I was eating too much at each meal.

Kathy

Congrats on the adoption!! Usually when people talk about going to court its bad news but ur story was the total opposite. Might I add that u look great!!! Keep it going girl!

CeCe - thanks for the welcome back!! It seems like it took forever to catch up with all the posts!!

Kathy - Congratulations on having your adoption final....it must feel great to have that all behind you now!

Had my first fill today, 3cc's, and I had heard all the different experiences that everyone has had and thought it would be a cake walk....it was painful!! :D Crap...it felt like she stuck the needle in and then kept moving it around....not my favorite thing to do, but as I told the nurse, "I'm a big baby when dealing with pain...." lol :D But I survived to fight another day......or for at least two more weeks when I'm due to have another fill.....I didn't have any restrictions on what I could eat, but just to make sure that I chewed well and kept my portions small....that was easy to do, I had a cup of chili and was full for the evening!!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weightloss.....whether it's fast or slow at least it's heading down and not up!!

Brandy - have a great time at your reunion!! If my class actually did anything to have a reunion, my 30th would be next year!! So have a glass of wine for me!!

:dance:

I was banded on 7/18/07 and had my first fill (3cc) about 3 weeks ago. At first it seemed like I felt restriction. I don't know if I'm just getting use to it, but it doesn't really seem like I feel that much restriction any more. My doctor told me he was being pretty aggressive putting 3cc in for the 1st fill. I'm not really sure how much my band will hold.?? Does anyone know what the maximum fill is on a band? It looks like there are several different types. Anyway, I gained a couple of pounds after the weekend and am just feeling discouraged! :D

Jamie

My band holds 4ccs. There are many people here who have a 10cc band. I have a feeling that urs is 10ccs because the Dr. put o much saline in it for the 1st fill.

Jamie. It seems that everyone is a little different re. how much fill they got and how much they can tolerate. There could be several reasons why you gained weight over the weekend. It could just be Water retention--maybe you ate salty foods, or maybe you're expecting Aunt Flo? For myself, I had a too tight fill a month ago, but even so, if I just drank Protein Shakes and cream Soups all day I wouldn't feel anything in terms of restriction, but I would probably gain some weight. On the other hand, if I ate a couple bites chicken breast I wouldn't be hungry again for several hours. It takes time to relearn how to eat correctly. I've made my share of mistakes, to be sure! My advice is two-fold: 1. Focus on eating small amounts of the right foods, and 2. Only weigh yourself once a week. That way you won't get discouraged by the daily fluctuations that we all experience.

Good luck and stay connected. No one promiced this would be an easy path; we are going to have to work and fight at this. But together, we can do it!