Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

ssankofa--Just say "No" to the soda. Make a pact with me: No soda will pass our lips! If I can do it--so can you!

My weight loss has certanily slowed down! Only 1 pound gone this week. I know I am eating the same; less than 1000 cal /day. Guess I got a bit spoiled with the big weeks where I would loose 5-8?

Just say no!!! No to the soda. Don't do it! No, no, no!!!

We have beaten this demon to the ground. We can't let him get back up. Soda is liquid candy...full of EMPTY calories and sugar.

I feel bad now...like I shouldn't have said anything! LOL. I only did it to experiment and see what all the fuss was about.

You'd be surprised how bad soda tastes once you don't drink it. I had to give up colas a long time ago and every once in a while I would get one and it tasted bad. I couldn't even drink more than a quarter of it. My doctor says no carbonated drinks because since the band is in place you can't burp the way you used to and if you get gas build up it can be quite uncomfortable until it goes away. My doctor does not let you drink from a straw for the same reason.

Ribearty,

Yeah, I certainly don't miss soda. It didn't taste right at all. About the carbonation buildup, that's what mine said, too...no straws here, either. It didn't hurt, but I only took a couple of small sips to see what would happen...so maybe it does hurt, but I didn't drink enough...I won't be experimenting anymore, though.

Cherea - I don't miss soda so much any more either, it still sounds good now and again...sort of like when I gave up smoking about 10 years ago, every once in a while it sounds good, but not worth risking my health again.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it was a learning lesson for all of us!!

Celeste

:)

Ribearty,

Yeah, I certainly don't miss soda. It didn't taste right at all. About the carbonation buildup, that's what mine said, too...no straws here, either. It didn't hurt, but I only took a couple of small sips to see what would happen...so maybe it does hurt, but I didn't drink enough...I won't be experimenting anymore, though.

You're right!! I don't really miss the Diet Coke at all so it would be really dumb to try it again. I'm sort of hooked on Crystal Lite now. I like the Albertson's brand, too. Can't really tell the difference and its usually on sale 2/$5 which is way cheaper than Crystal Lite. They just don't have many flavors in the Albertson brand. And they don't have the little boxes of "On the Go" Crystal Lite which is really handy when you're --- ON THE GO~!! I like my Crystal Lite a little diluted. Mixed according to their directions it's a little too sweet. So I put one of those little "On the Go" tubes in my 24 oz. water bottle and its just about right. We stayed at our daughter's last night & I forgot to bring some with me so now I'm stuck with plain Water until we get home this afternoon. It cuts down on my Fluid intake because I'm not a big water drinker.

AH-H-H-H Soda !!! I used to be a pepsiholic and I haven't had any soda since I was banded in July. Well. Until today that is. There is a two liter bottle of Pepsi in my fridge calling my name and I answered it. Took two great big gulps, belched big time and put it back. BACK TO WATER! ! ! but...........oh, did it taste good.

for all the Sage advise... I havn't tried the SODA as I have enought trouble getting in my Water. But I have been successful in logging my food intakes again... I am much more content now. and NO more Chocolates!!!

This is our Canadian Thanksgiving... but Happy Columbus day to all of YOU!!!

Ok Girlfriends - I gotta tell you that the band works even when you make bad decisions... I went to lunch w/my gf and I was HUNGRY :hungry:- so i let my old eye & old ways order - Taco, Enchallida, Beans (didn't order anything to drink - so i was still half ass following the rules) - ate chips while waiting for food (omg they were warm thin and good)- well food came and all I could eat was the taco - I have the beans & enchallida in a doggie bag... :clap2: So even though I didn't make the wisest choice for lunch (should have ordered a chevices tostada that would have been the best choice but didn't see it until after i ordered) the band would not let me eat it all - I could have forced a few more bites and really wanted to due to that stupid "OH IT TASTE SOO GOOD" but I stopped.

I don't know if it was here or another thread - but someone said they missed pigging out... I miss it... I miss the unhealthy food choices some times mostly when i am tired which i am today as i was in the ER with DIL til 9 last night - (shes ok fell at work and hurt her knee & wrist) - there is a thread you gotta go see - saying good by to my lover - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/i-have-break-up-my-lover-42225/ this chick who wrote it did a GREAT job...

Well, it's good to know that i do have more restriction than I thought - I moved my next fill up from 11/8 to 10/24 - as I do find myself able to eat at least 2 cups of food per meal - So I want another fill - I do have control - but I would like a little more help from my freind...

Ruby -While it's probably not the best to be this restricted, I also know that I'm a dirty filthy cheat and will do so if given half the chance. I can't be trusted. embarassed.gif This isn't giving me the chance to cheat so I'm going to ride that gravy train (pun intended) while I can so long as it's not detrimental to my health. I'm with you I would rather be a tad tight to help with the dirty cheating... I am pretty lucky in that I don't have too much outside exposure to food and since my GS is anoreix (sp) i don't have a lot of tempations in my face - if he want's pizza tonight and it's in the house i will eat it... So I just can't buy it or have it in the house and I will get fills prior to holidays - vacations etc - cuz I don't want to gain weight and have to loose it again I have done enought of that - I want to only eat to live - not live to eat I want restriction and to change my brain --- Where is that band for our heads..:)

Lindaa - yes this time of year (Oct - April) is when everyone flocks to the Desert due to our mild winter. We need some rain though... I love the weather - but hate all the snowbirds that come (THIS DOESN'T INCLUDED PHLY CUZ BUT I LOVE HER:kiss2:) as they forget not everyone is retired :car:

ssankofa - What is a fuze

Peaches - my calendar say's monday is your turkey day - is that cuz we observe Columbus Day then ??? Happy Turkey day to you....

Well gotta get a couple things done before i go - will try and get on tonite but who knows what will pop up or who i will have to taxi...

I have been MIA too. Busy at work. Really busy at work.

My weight loss has slowed down big time, but that's OK this way I won't get flabby.

And I am changing my habits and learning how to eat way less and buch healthier too. I was in a big hurry at the beggining but then I decided that I can lose weight, have done that many times before, but I really need a lifestyle chance, to keep it off forever.

Kathy- Have fun in PS!

Chim- sorry for your loss.

Everyone else- just say no to soda! I haven't had it in years and do not miss it one bit.

Ok Girlfriends - I gotta tell you that the band works even when you make bad decisions... I went to lunch w/my gf and I was HUNGRY :hungry:- so i let my old eye & old ways order - Taco, Enchallida, Beans (didn't order anything to drink - so i was still half ass following the rules) - ate chips while waiting for food (omg they were warm thin and good)- well food came and all I could eat was the taco - I have the beans & enchallida in a doggie bag... :clap2: So even though I didn't make the wisest choice for lunch (should have ordered a chevices tostada that would have been the best choice but didn't see it until after i ordered) the band would not let me eat it all - I could have forced a few more bites and really wanted to due to that stupid "OH IT TASTE SOO GOOD" but I stopped.

I don't know if it was here or another thread - but someone said they missed pigging out... I miss it... I miss the unhealthy food choices some times mostly when i am tired which i am today as i was in the ER with DIL til 9 last night - (shes ok fell at work and hurt her knee & wrist) - there is a thread you gotta go see - saying good by to my lover - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/i-have-break-up-my-lover-42225/ this chick who wrote it did a GREAT job...

Well, it's good to know that i do have more restriction than I thought - I moved my next fill up from 11/8 to 10/24 - as I do find myself able to eat at least 2 cups of food per meal - So I want another fill - I do have control - but I would like a little more help from my freind...

Ruby -While it's probably not the best to be this restricted, I also know that I'm a dirty filthy cheat and will do so if given half the chance. I can't be trusted. embarassed.gif This isn't giving me the chance to cheat so I'm going to ride that gravy train (pun intended) while I can so long as it's not detrimental to my health. I'm with you I would rather be a tad tight to help with the dirty cheating... I am pretty lucky in that I don't have too much outside exposure to food and since my GS is anoreix (sp) i don't have a lot of tempations in my face - if he want's pizza tonight and it's in the house i will eat it... So I just can't buy it or have it in the house and I will get fills prior to holidays - vacations etc - cuz I don't want to gain weight and have to loose it again I have done enought of that - I want to only eat to live - not live to eat I want restriction and to change my brain --- Where is that band for our heads..;)

Lindaa - yes this time of year (Oct - April) is when everyone flocks to the Desert due to our mild winter. We need some rain though... I love the weather - but hate all the snowbirds that come (THIS DOESN'T INCLUDED PHLY CUZ BUT I LOVE HER:kiss2:) as they forget not everyone is retired :woot:

ssankofa - What is a fuze

Peaches - my calendar say's monday is your turkey day - is that cuz we observe Columbus Day then ??? Happy Turkey day to you....

Well gotta get a couple things done before i go - will try and get on tonite but who knows what will pop up or who i will have to taxi...

Indigogirl; Thanks for the Happy Turkey day wishes... It will be great to get together with family and friends... I had planned on having a Spiral Ham - but DD is not eating RED meat any more!!!! So I am having roasted Capon instead.. a turkey is just too darn big for my little family.

I am always puzzled as to why Americans Celebrate in Nov. and we celebrate in October... seems to me that Columbus discovered North America at the same time hee,hee... any history buffs out there???

I may be cross border shopping on the long weekend in Nov (your Thnxgvg) as our dollar is so good right now... but it'll be way crowded in the stores eh??? We drive over to New York State some huge outlet mall.

Indigogirl; Thanks for the Happy Turkey day wishes... It will be great to get together with family and friends... I had planned on having a Spiral Ham - but DD is not eating RED meat any more!!!! So I am having roasted Capon instead.. a turkey is just too darn big for my little family.

I am always puzzled as to why Americans Celebrate in Nov. and we Celebrate in October... seems to me that Columbus discovered North America at the same time hee,hee... any history buffs out there???

I may be cross border shopping on the long weekend in Nov (your Thnxgvg) as our dollar is so good right now... but it'll be way crowded in the stores eh??? We drive over to New York State some huge outlet mall.

Well they (pilgrams & Indians) must have been celebrating for a while - you know travel was hard back then - so I guess they started in Canada and just came down the coast and partied with all the Indians and it took them til Nov to get to the State:heh:.. How's that for a theory:confused:

OMG i do not shopping on Thanksgiving weekend - I can not stand the crowds - I ususally take the week of and after thanksgiving off and I do my xmas shopping then - during the weekdays - but am always surprised at how many people dont work (young ones),.. But this yr everyone but the baby gd whos 3 1/2 will be getting gift cards - and maybe one little thing wrapped - it's just to hard to figure out what they like...

Ham isn't red meat - here they advertise it as the other white meat ;)

Well my left overs are calling - its 8 pm here .. Have a great weekend..

Janet

I feel the same way after my 2nd fill - can eat and drink more than I should, but do feel fuller, longer. I guess that's progress since after the 1st fill I could eat anything in sight and was still hungry. I'm staying of the diet soda as well...my headaches have improved immensely - don't want to ruin a good thing?! Would like a beer every once in a while though - especially in summer and fall.

Hello all.....hope everyone is having a great day!!

Princess: I just got my second fill as well and there is still little to NO restriction!! I'm so disappointed.....I believe there is only one new feeling with this fill and that is I stay full longer and don't eat as much, but I can still guzzle Water and eat what I want.....I didn't want to do that again....it's really stalled my weightloss......My nurse said that a fill should always allow liquids down with no problems at all....so you might want to check that out!!

Cherea - you were brave to try the diet soda.....since I haven't had one in months, I guess I will remain off of it, even if I could drink them, just because I think I suffered from a lot of headache issues at the time I did drink the soda....thanks for being a guinea pig though and trying it out.

Celeste

Good Morning All

I am really jazzed this morning - guess what i did

I walked 4 miles in 1 hr. 5 minutes - that's a 16..25 minute mile !!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

I dislike exercise as i have stated a million time before - but i know it's something i have to do - if i want to be healthly - so at 1 hr i had done 3.71 miles - i was about to quit as that 3.71 was record breaking in it's self - but i said to myself what's .29 ya gotta keep going to make it and even 4 - so i did...

Just had to share this victory ... :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Hope ya'll have a great day - make great choices and get in your exercise..

Well, after stating yesterday that I have had no side effects from my second fill (could still eat as before), it happened. Sat down to eat a taco salad last night and just about died from food getting stuck....it wasn't the funnest thing I've ever done, after a little sliming, I was ok and figured NOW I have to really chew and take smaller bites......after the scare, I was excited to know that my band was really working and I didn't have to have so much willpower all the time......

Today at lunch I had saltines (7) with turkey salad and was going to have a little salsa and chips.......hardly room for the turkey....absolutely NO salsa and chips......again, it was exciting to see the band in action after feeling like I was going on sheer willpower.....

Hope everyone has a great weekend.....

Celeste

Hey everybody, I just caught up on a couple of weeks of posts.

MsPris: I have a good friend with a bypass. The only issues were recovery time and keeping enough Iron in her body. She lost every extra pound she had and has kept if off for a couple of years. She looks beautiful and healthy! I know it took dicipline but it was worth it.

Ssankofa73: am also avoiding soda, have been tempted a few times but haven't given in. If I do - I really might not stop again. It really feels good to be almost 3 months diet coke free. If I can do that, I can use the same dicipline in other areas of my life!

CC