Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Refried Beans are a little higher in carbs that other beans. Kidney beans and black beans are the best. However, even going low carb I still had beans, just not a lot. I replaced all of my Pasta with beans! There are these pinto beans with chipotle sauce (S&W brand) that are FANTASTIC! The thing with carbs is that it is really hard at the beginning to remove them from meals, but eventually with some creativity you can have really good meals. It does make cooking difficult at first. I ate hamburger patties and eggs for about the first month that I was on Atkins. Now I can almost make any meal low carb. Texture was always my hard part.

Refried Beans are a little higher in carbs that other beans. Kidney beans and black beans are the best. However, even going low carb I still had beans, just not a lot. I replaced all of my Pasta with beans! There are these pinto beans with chipotle sauce (S&W brand) that are FANTASTIC! The thing with carbs is that it is really hard at the beginning to remove them from meals, but eventually with some creativity you can have really good meals. It does make cooking difficult at first. I ate hamburger patties and eggs for about the first month that I was on Atkins. Now I can almost make any meal low carb. Texture was always my hard part.

Idrise my trainer said I can have carbs just earlier in the day (lunch) - I don't have much only 1/2 cup for dinner - I just don't know if I am willing to do it - I find if I don't have it - I am hungry soon afterwords - my lunch is mostly Protein & veggies - I don't think I like black beans I sort of remember having them years ago - but who knows taste buds to change- the pinto beans sound with chipote sounds good.

The one time I tried Atkins - I ate omelets with cheese - bacon - I was bad - I ate the protein but a lot of fat with it :eek: I only lasted 4 weeks I think on it - I remember the family eating pizza - i went to my room and cried. I felt so deprived.... and I just can't stand being deprived..

I will give it a shot - eat carbs before I work out (for the energy) and try protein & veggies for dinner - just thinking like this is bugging me - I am such a creature of habit :thumbup:

Me too...that is why I hate eating carbs!

Karri

You hate eating carbs :I love eating carb -:) we need to trade those parts of our brains -:) but like i am always telling you - you gotta do what works for you -:eek: and truly thats what I will end up doing:tongue:

DH must be at work tonite :thumbup: you usually aren't on the computer this late..

Heck it has distracted me so much that I haven't eaten yet - answering post of ppl who are 3 weeks out eating bread salad ck Parmesan (sp) another girl who doesn't want a fill cuz she want to continue to eat - she thought the band took care of emotional eating - I just don't get it - i really really don't. Ya I sucked on some Peanut Butter at the end of my Soup days - but I wasn't eating real food on week 3... I guess this is no diff than any other addiction - some can stay sober some can't - who knows.... I just wish I could give them some of mine

Peaches - I just realized we haven't heard from you today either....

Kari - what's up with you too..

why aren't you guys posting.... You are worrying me... I am peaking at you thru the computer screen - put that candy down - step back - now put those fingers on the key board and talk to your Friends ..

I miss all our other friends too. I know Phyl's traveling, but I miss her.

Last night was a little better. Had some issues early on, but after nothing after midnight. I'm having a little coffee now, and plan to take it really easy today. My son, dil, and dd's bf are comming for dinner after church tomorrow, but at this point, I'm not the least bit interested in eating.

To do fills/unfills you need a special kind of needle. The clinic that i volunteer in doesn't have them. I have an appt. with my pcp the week after next and I plan on talking to him about it. I'm hoping I can convince my him to know how to do an unfil for me if I need one, or at least get me a needle and syringe.

Ya know, it's still early. Maybe I'll go back to bed for awhile. . .

Edited by lindaa

Hi, Everyone! Haven't been on in quite some time, but think of everyone all the time! I have been doing well, but would be doing better if I hadn't had a problem with my neck. 2 degenerative disks in my neck and the pain in my arm was unbearable!!! This started the end of January and has been quite the ordeal!!! Still dealing with that, plus getting ready for my daughter's bridal shower in a month and the wedding a month later. So with working and trying to clean my house and therapy 3 times a week, I am running like a crazy woman!!!

I do well when I am busy, it is the time when nothing is planned and my hands aren't busy that I have a problem!! What is everyone eating nowadays? Need to spice up the ol' menu, lol!!! Any ideas would be quite helpful!! Especially for evening Snacks, that has to be the toughest one!

Well, I want to read over some of the posts, but I did want to check in and tell everyone hello and that you are in my thoughts quite often! I hope everyone is doing well! Hope to chat soon! Bye for now!

Warning: May be TMI

Hi friends, I have to tell you that I'm starting to have problems again :biggrin:. The last two nights were terrible. Every time I fell asleep I'd start refluxing. The first night I thought it was b/c I ate too much supper too late and too fast, so yesterday I had nothing to eat and only Water to drink after 1 pm! I worked till 10 pm and went to bed very, very tired. Every time I'd relax and start falling asleep I'd start coughing b/c there was stuff in my throat. My nose would be full of mucous, and eventually, I'd start bringing up large amounts of mucous. This went on all night long until I called it quits at 5 am. During the day I don't have any problems, but when I laid down after work tonight I could feel it starting again. I don't have a lot of acidity, just all this mucous. I suppose an unfill is in order, but to be honest, I can't afford another $300 + $300 to refill again. I hope by relaxing this weekend, and sticking to slider foods, I can get past this. Any advice?

Try sleeping a little more upright. I found when I was having these problems, that the higher up my head was, the less likely I was to have reflux. I'm typically a flat on my back or tummy sleeper and find sleeping with my head up high uncomfortable, but it was better than choking 4 or 5 times a night.

Also, Phyl introduced me to papaya enzymes. I would chew on a few of these during the day when I felt my bubble-maker start up. I don't know if it's related to reflux or not, but it seemed the same to me. The papaya enzymes would tame that. I'd also take a few before heading off to bed. I think it helped some, but eventually I did get some of my fill removed.

If it's costing you that much each time though, definitely try what I've suggested to see if it calms down a little. It may just be a temporary problem and things could settle down again. *fingers crossed*

Good Morning Ladies

Up at 6:30 to the gym by 7:15 - did my 3.30 miles on the treadmill incline 5 & 6 - then did weights for about 1/2 hr arms and tummy - feeling strong and great this morning :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hey there Jeannie - Glad you are back :biggrin:

Eating - well here is a typical week day menu

SF Yogurt & granola - or oatmeal - or eggbeaters

One Pot Wonder (veggies & meat cooked together what ever I want to throw in one pot and cook) Turkey Chili - I do go out for lunch every now and then to mex (beans & 1/2 a taco) or Chinese Mu shoo pork or orange chicken my have a bite or 2 of rice-

Fish - Rice - Veggie - this is dinner most nights

But will have beef, chick or pork ever now and then

Snacks - 100 c snack pack popcorn - sf fudgecicles - sf choc pudding or 1/2 of a southbeach Protein Bar - some time the whole thing - lf string cheese and 1 or 2 crackers

I am a creature of habit - but last night I took healthy request cream of chick Soup and my shredded chick and a little milk and cook it all together (chick n gravy) and put it over 1/2 cup of rice - total of 1 cup- OMW very good but I could only eat about 3/4 of the cup of food - it was really good and filling.

I keep my calories around 800 to 1200 max a day..

Linda

Yes they are special needles (well I have read that they are cuz other nurses also want to be able to do their own fills/unfills)

What I have read on the subject here on LBT is that the needles are special (shape wise) and that nurses who know about ports (i think for chemo) are better than some docs about doing unfills in the ER

I am glad that you had a better night and aren't interested in eating - I love when I feel that way :lol:

Well I need to vacuum my bedroom and clean my bathroom and do my grocery shopping for the week - and maybe go tan - heck I may even get to use my pool this weekend - I think it's suppose to be like 97 today and 101 tomorrow so if the pool gets to 80 I may just jump in :lol:

Off to the vacuum and do a load of clothes - will ck back :lol:

It's my official weigh-in today. I lost 3lbs!!!!! I'm 176 now. I'm so completely surprised and ecstatic. I had a tough couple of days this week, but held strong. I think making more of a conscious effort to get my Water in really helped. I fell 8 oz short yesterday, but I think I'm inspired now to get that extra cup in.

YAY!!!

HIYAS!!!!! Sorry I haven't been posting. I have been reading and keeping up on all the posts just haven't had anything to post. I am really frustrated right now. I have been working my Buns off with the exercise and haven't been eating bad and NOTHING!! I lost the weight that I had regained and haven't lost anymore in about 3 weeks. I am so fricken frustrated!!! I have stayed the same for almost 2- 2 1/2 months now. I think I am going to call the PA on Monday and just get her opinion. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't get my Water in EVERY day but damn close. What the hell is the matter with me?!?! Sorry for the rant as you can see I am flaming! :biggrin:

Ruby congrats on the 3 lbs. Your doing great.

Lindaa I get reflux also. I can not eat anything or drink anything other than water for 2-3 hours before bed. The other night I fudged and had a south beach diet Cereal bar for night snack and woke up 2 hours after going to bed with reflux and gagging on it. Try the sleeping with your head elevated. I have always had bad reflux and that is what they have always suggested for me. It does help some.

Sorry don't have time to answer everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that I am here and alive just mad!!!

Karri

You hate eating carbs :I love eating carb -:lol: we need to trade those parts of our brains -:lol: but like i am always telling you - you gotta do what works for you -:lol: and truly thats what I will end up doing:tongue:

DH must be at work tonite :biggrin: you usually aren't on the computer this late..

Heck it has distracted me so much that I haven't eaten yet - answering post of ppl who are 3 weeks out eating bread salad ck Parmesan (sp) another girl who doesn't want a fill cuz she want to continue to eat - she thought the band took care of emotional eating - I just don't get it - i really really don't. Ya I sucked on some Peanut Butter at the end of my Soup days - but I wasn't eating real food on week 3... I guess this is no diff than any other addiction - some can stay sober some can't - who knows.... I just wish I could give them some of mine

I was thinking last night of some recipes that I could send your way that are low carb, but the more and more that I thought about it, I don't think you should change your eating style. I am afraid that you will feel like you are on a diet and it won't be succesful. But would you rather lose the 16 pounds in 11 weeks and feel like you are on diet or lose it slower and feel like you are eating normal? I think that is the decision that you are going to have to make. Perhaps instead of cutting out carbs completely at dinner you just reduce your carbs to 1/4 cup. As much as I am a self proclaimed NO CARB person, I still eat carbs, just less than the average person. I still have potatoes, Pasta, and bread OCCASIONALLY. I can't do rice. I never tell people who are struggling to cut out carbs, because that doesn't work for everyone. It does for me and it makes me happy. My thing is...why do I have to conciously add the carbs if I don't want them. I eat them when I crave them...and for me that is not very often. Sure I will get a craving for BAD carbs, but those I just ignore. I count fruit as carbs, but my nutr. does not. Since you are getting close to maintenance you really have to start thinking about how you are going to live for the rest of your life. I tried the eating plan that my nut set out and frankly for the first time in 8 months I felt like I was on a diet and I hated it! So I said screw it. I am going to eat the way I want. When I did that I felt better. The extra carbs have been wreaking havoc with my system. I am pretty certain that I could clear a room with the "tootiness!" that I have been having.

Yeah people will PM me sometimes and ask advice why they aren't losing like I did and then when I have them send me a food diary I see the CRAP they are eating and I bluntly point that out to them. Some appreciate it, others don't. I was so afraid to eat even when I could go to mushies that I would never have dreamed of going to solid foods. Even at the in person support group that I went to one lady said that she was chewing her food to pieces at 2 weeks out. The nutritionist didn't scold her, but I did. I said if you can't follow the rules after 2 weeks, you are going to have a difficult time following them after 2 months. Also she had heard that you don't have to follow the drinking during and after meals rule while you were not filled. I told here that I followed those rules even when I am on liquids! I don't drink Water when I have my Protein Drink, soup, or broth. I waited just to get in the habit. She didn't seem to like my answers. I too wish that I could give people my will power. Now it is no longer will power for me...it is just life. I can turn down any food now without a problem. Being VERY strict with myself for 8 months totally changed the way I look at food. It really has become just a way for me to fuel my body. Sure I still obsess about it because that is just my nature. However now that I am not going to try to follow this plan my nut put me on, I think it will be much better. The types of "snacky" foods that she had me eating twice a day set off my binging cravings like there was no tomorrow. I CAN'T eat snack foods. The foods I eat have to be small meals (except my Protein bars) or I will feel like snacking all day long. And it doesn't matter if the Snacks are healthy or not.

Okay well I rambled longer that I had anticipated, but I just wanted to give you my 2 cents on going no carb at dinner. If you want recipes I will send some to you, but I don't think you will be happy, and if you are anything like me (which we have established that we are alike!) it is going to throw off your entire eating and you are going to be miserable.

Hello ladies.

I'm here...lurking...not much to say......feeling a lot like Jackie. You're not alone, Jackie. I'm right there with you. Daughter came down yesterday with the grandkids. Then she left them with DH and me and went and had her hair done. Karina decided to play strange and wanted mommy.....screamed almost the whole two and half hours she was gone. For some reason, the little girl doesn't like me. Gavin was pretty good. Then this morning Both daughters decided to go shopping. I had had a melt down before they got back. Gavin was whiny, not feeling good and just being a typical almost three year old. Karina was a little sweetie, full of smiles but Gavin............

They just left to go back home. I love those little ones dearly but I guess I'm not doing as good as I thought I was, (mentally) I was glad to see them go. Daughter said Gavin was asleep before she was a mile away from the house. That's where I've been the past couple days. Plus the DH is always underfoot since retirement. I've got to think of some way to get him out and about. He is just delighted to sit around with just him and me...............I see the pounds going back on. OH NO!!!

Anyway, HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END, MAKE GOOD CHOICES.... I'M GOING TO GO AND ENJOY SOME PEACE AND QUIET AND CHILL.

HUGS TO ALL

Ruby - CONGRATS on your 3 lbs - It so funny the week that you don't expect to lose you do and the one where you think you have lost 10 cuz you have been doing so go - and then zip... I take every .5 that I can get - I am happy as long as it's a lose

Jackie - Something is going on - what are you eating - how's your restriction - are you getting your exercise?? (ok re-read and you are exercising) You say you haven't been eating bad - but that's not saying you are eating GOOD.. Cut out the not eating Bad and change in to eating Good and the scales may move again :lol:

(this is being said with A LOT OF LOVE:wub: - so please don't get mad at me please:biggrin:)

Karri - You are RIGHT ON !!!! As stated we are a like :tongue: - and I totally agree with you :lol:- truly the 16 in 11 weeks would be great - but it won't be the end of the world if I don't

(My real goal is to be 150 by 7/17 that's 14 weeks (need to lose 1.14 a week) and the 17th falls on a Thrusday - my weigh in day:lol::lol:)

I agree with you 100% we have to do what works for us. Your low carb works for you - my limited carbs works for me and I am going to keep it that way. If I don't I will end up over eating as I know myself well enought that I would end up still eating the carbs which would then put me over on my calories. Thanks for the validation - I may just try and increase the exercise a little - but but not to the extent to burn myself out either

Kari - Neither of my GD's liked me much as babies. I watched the little one the night my son & dil got married - she was like 9 months old - she cried her self to sleep - and that took like over an hour oh my head & blood pressure... She likes me now - but is a total home body (I think she is a tad autisictic or something as she is not very social - even when she is here with her mom she wants to go home) I can take the little one for an hour or 2 but that's it... I just don't have the patience for it any more - I was better with the 1st 2 - but heck I was 36 with the 1st (the one who lives w/me and truly is my son) and with the 2nd one I was 39 - so age and # of grandkids plays into that

Linda - you will be find cuz this is your first grandbaby - but after a few - the newness wears off :tongue: - Oh but you watch Margo - well I guess you have more patience than me :sneaky: I'm like Kari - I LOVE MY PEACE AND QUIET..

Gang - Today picked up my taxes - getting $$$ back - got to write off $1600 of my medical expense from the band (has to be over 7.5% of our income) so I went shopping to Celebrate :tongue: - 2 pairs of shoes (they have heels one about a 4 inch I would guess - before I bought nothing but flats and if I did get a heel it was 1 or 2 inches) - a pair of pants from Old Navy (Tops are a little young for me - but pants are pants) then went to the mall - tried on some stuff but nothing really caught my eye except those jeans that I got a month ago in size 8 were on sale - so I took a 6 into the changing room - said what the heck - well guess what - THEY FRIGGIN FIT :lol::lol::lol: No way in God's green earth am I a 6 - (the pants from old navy are a 10) but that's the size on the tag - so I am just stoked that I have a 6 :laugh: sometimes it is all about the # :lol::lol:

When I saw my trainer at the gym this morning - he said have you lost more weight - told him 1/2 a pound this week - he said that my body is rearaging it's self with the building of muscle :biggrin2: That was nice to hear from him - :thumbup: I told him that he was the only man in this world beside my doc who ever knew how much I weighed :eek: - My x never knew my weight :tongue:

Ok - it's 8:36 - I think I started this a long time ago - but you all know how I like to write a books :tongue2: Plus I get up do something come back - re-read what I wrote - retype it etc :lol:

So I will post and give you all something to read :biggrin2:

Hey Rain,

I found, have been reading up on it more and more...we shall see...

Nic

Nic

We don't have a Rain -

I think you posted to the wrong thread