Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will you lie about the surgery?

I cannot and will not lie in reference to having surgery. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

"Female problems". I am a female- I have problems.

I'm laughing! Love it.

LOL Hoosiergirl. Glad I read this today and not after my surgery - I'm sure laughing would hurt!

I am telling a very small number of people - my son, & a few close friends. Besides of course my PCP or physical therapist.

If someone asks me directly how I am losing weight - I don't consider "portion control" a lie. I don't consider it their business to know personal details of my life or medical treatment.

I may feel different in the future, and I'm sure it it all goes well & if a good friend who might benefit from this surgery asks me, likely I will tell them. I'm going slow, you can always tell people later but once it's done it's done.

In the begining I did not tell people what sort of surgery I had, and honestly you will be surprised to know that most people actually don't care enough look into your story. I was in-between jobs at the time so that was something I didn't have to deal with in the workplace but eventually I did let most people know what I had done, except for some particularly judgemental family members.

I am thinking about telling people I'm going in for a hernia surgery but I'm not sure if the specefics are similar to WLS. (Incisions, pain level, hospital time etc)

Will you lie? And if so what will you say?

I took vacation time and said nothing about the surgery.....so if the omission of telling someone is a lie, than I guess yes.

I did plant the seed with 2 friends & an inlaw (all live far far away) because they have mentioned WLS for themselves......and they won't share it with anyone. Good luck!

I told my 4 closest friends and that's it. One friend is going to be my support buddy on my trip. I'm actually going to Mexico to have my surgery done. I just set the date in February! I am telling my family that I'm going on a trip to California. For work, I'm telling my boss and HR only- two very trustworthy people- what I'm actually doing. And at this point idk if I will tell my coworkers that I am going out on medical leave for 2 weeks or if I will tell them I am going on vacation....

"Female problems". I am a female- I have problems.

Okay, this almost made me spit my coffee on my computer, LOL!!

Jkg I don't understand a word of what you are saying? Sorry

I chose not to share and to be vague about the surgery. Only my kids and hubby know. I just didn't want to deal with the discussions, good or bad. I'm just a private person, and I know the rest of my family would have been difficult. At the end of the day, it's no one's business but my own.

My doctor put abdominal surgery on my leave paperwork for work. Which could have been fibroids, hernia, or gall bladder for all anyone knew. However there may be some nosy Rosie's. that have no problem asking "what kind of surgery did you have". I just say I can't believe you just asked me that. I had surgery of a delicate nature and won't elaborate further. :-)