Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will you lie about the surgery?

Perhaps you guys can help me. My first thought is NOT to tell anyone (besides hubby and kids of course) My problem is...I am a Curves owner. We sell wellness! Our Curves complete works if you stick to it. I have ladies loosing right and left. For my own head games reasons... (which I do not understand) I will not stick to my own plan. So I have decided to have the sleeve and use this sleeve as a tool to help me on curves complete when I am ready to eat normally. I am afraid of what this can do to my business. MY BMI is 50. That is not good for my business either. (health without saying)... I can see my members saying.. why didn't you "just" do your own diet???? My first thoughts are to keep it private, it is none of their business. UGH! Do you see where I am coming from. Not sure if there is a right and wrong with this.

Perhaps you guys can help me. My first thought is NOT to tell anyone (besides hubby and kids of course) My problem is...I am a Curves owner. We sell wellness! Our Curves complete works if you stick to it. I have ladies loosing right and left. For my own head games reasons... (which I do not understand) I will not stick to my own plan. So I have decided to have the sleeve and use this sleeve as a tool to help me on curves complete when I am ready to eat normally. I am afraid of what this can do to my business. MY BMI is 50. That is not good for my business either. (health without saying)... I can see my members saying.. why didn't you "just" do your own diet???? My first thoughts are to keep it private' date=' it is none of their business. UGH! Do you see where I am coming from. Not sure if there is a right and wrong with this.[/quote']

The important people in your life know and that's all who need to know...... As my husband says "none ya". Meaning. None ya dam business....

Maggie the choice is yours. But would you tell them that you lost all the weight by strictly following the diet and exercise plan endorsed by Curves?

Diet and exercise doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes we need the additional help. That doesn't mean that you can't set a good example for the members of Curves by exercising and following the meal plan when you are cleared by your physician.

I bet some members probably would just assume you are following the plan and it worked. You will have others that want to know your secret because they are having the same struggles as you. Some will probably assume you had the surgery regardless if you tell them or not.

This answer isn't going to come to you over night. But there could be other women who are struggling the same way you are and you could be their inspiration.

Don't be ashamed in your decision to have surgery. You are doing what is best for you! Be proud of yourself!

I just receive my date nov , I told a few , I want to get it done , Then who knows , who cares. We are the ones , doing it know one else is, ! And it's still going to be hard work '

This is the sign in my doctors office.

There is no shame in asking for help for a disease that is killing you....

I decided I'm proud of my decision and well informed. I would rather be open and receive all the well wishes and prayers then worry about the few jerks out there. I believe this is the right option for me just as others may believe ots not. Beautiful thing about living in America is we can all believe in different things and still get along. ..