Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will you lie about the surgery?

I don't plan on lying to anyone I see on the regular. I may omit the info from people I don't know well, but I would rather just own it. Anyone who thinks that this is "taking the easy way out" just doesn't know anything about the surgery or what we are going through in our goals to lose so much weight.

...I am not some hillbilly deep wooded fantasy image, I don't approve this example, I'll lie as well and call it a lie easily when you bring it up as well, so, I spurted some pro-lie spunk and the thread is to strange with this anti-lie matter in it, to be realistic at all, why a huge laugh of it as well, so what the fudge, what's that laugh added for as well, ??, and so what and who cares any more, good night.

I think we're all just confused over where the hostility is coming from ... You're seriously not making any sense, and little of what you said has had anything to do with what anything else has said ...

I think we're all just confused over where the hostility is coming from ... You're seriously not making any sense' date=' and little of what you said has had anything to do with what anything else has said ...[/quote']

I second ^^^^this motion!

I have told my clinical manager, but other than that I will be taking a vacation. I have lost a rather large amount of weight in the work up and have drastically changed my eating habits. So hopefully I will just move forward without any questions. If I do get questioned I will just day that I have lost many things, including weight.

It's crazy because in the beginning prior to surgery I was very adamant about keeping this to myself and never telling anyone. But after surgery ( almost 4 weeks ago) I just want to tell everyone! I'm just so thrilled with myself for making this choice I want to other people who struggle with weight issues. Hates are gonna hate anyway so I don't care who knows.

...I am not some hillbilly deep wooded fantasy image' date=' I don't approve this example, I'll lie as well and call it a lie easily when you bring it up as well, so, I spurted some pro-lie spunk and the thread is to strange with this anti-lie matter in it, to be realistic at all, why a huge laugh of it as well, so what the fudge, what's that laugh added for as well, ??, and so what and who cares any more, good night.[/quote'] I don't think you're a hillbilly, I just find your posts very difficult to follow. I've seen some of your other posts and they make perfect sense for the most part. Forgive my confusion, I'm just not sure what you are trying to say.

I used the hernia repair excuse for most people (truly, I had a painful hiatal hernia that was pushing my stomach into my chest cavity). I've told a few people, which usually means I've told the entire world lol. What's sad is that most people have a prejudice against fat people. They have to be educated that obesity is a disease, just like any other.

I think my concern about the whole thing is that people have their stereo typical reaction… like oh you're overweight , You don't take care of yourself, you don't eat right or exercise… Which is definitely not the case for me! I have worked very hard at trying to lose weight but it just hasn't happened… And so for me, telling people that I am having the surgery, I feel like they will say "you are taking the easy way out" . It is anything but the easy way out, weight-loss surgery is only at tool to help you get to where you need to be and it is definitely not a quick fix. So will I tell more people after the surgery? Maybe… But for now I think I will keep it to myself... I also have this concern the back my head that maybe the surgery won't work for me which I'm sure many other people I've had this concern too so until I see results I really don't want to tell other people.

I am telling everyone !! They all think I am crazy and not that over weight. I am nurse and getting surgery where I work. I just can't lie to people and I really don't care what others think !!

....I am not calling myself a hillbilly or what's known as redneck' date=' which is a type offensive for it's origin but now current use, so, what's not there ?.... ........................................simplified, I don't hold up on an argument or comparisons were a gender modified person or mentally ill one has been compared to a liar or even worse things in that any are the same and in general all together other side of the road (so to speak) and are wrong for all people and never correct the ones who are as well same as myself...... I gotta get into this attitude where it's like hey it's not me as well and I to can be like any one who is every one, wow !, ahh, just I am not calling myself the Hillbilly after all, gee's, thx, bye.[/quote']

Ok..yall it's been fun. I have enjoyed the fun chat on this topic, but am having trouble following it now. So I will see most of you in another topic at a later time..and I will wish others of you the best of sucesss with your sleeve. This has proven that we all can't be poets.

Edited by A_ReNUDE_me

I have told practical strangers Im having this surgery. I do not care who knows. I even announced to all my Facebook friends about it lol However, I rid negative people from my life years ago. And let's face it, when you are fat you aren't hiding the fact you have a problem with food (except to yourself maybe lol). I only had one questionable response at all from my distant bean pole 1/2 brother. But, after I told him more about the sleeve, the more supportive he seemed. I don't think Im clever enough to keep up with a lie lol BUT, I completely understand why some people don't tell others and respect their decision. Im just a pretty open person I guess :)