Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Where the heck is LUNASA???

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

I had the same experience as everyone else. No weight loss and seemed to start gaining again. So I decided that I was only going to eat Protein for a day to see how I would feel. I had the following::hungry:

1 ESA Protein Shake (added) 17g

1 scoop of Protein Powder 23g

2 boiled eggs 13g

Isopure 40g

1/2 cup chicken salad 13g

KFC leg & thigh 32g

total Protein 138g

I was concerned about all the fat from KFC but when I weighted this am, I was down the 4 lbs I gained plus one more for a total of 5 lbs. Go figure?

I drank all my Water and went to the gym and worked out for an hour. Sooo, I'm doing it all again for the next few days to see what happens, except for the KFC it's just too much fat for me.

So hang in there everyone. We just have to find the right combination that works and do that. But if you cut out the carbs you'll will loose weight.

I had the same experience as everyone else. No weight loss and seemed to start gaining again. So I decided that I was only going to eat Protein for a day to see how I would feel. I had the following::hungry:

1 ESA Protein Shake (added) 17g

1 scoop of protein powder 23g

2 boiled eggs 13g

Isopure 40g

1/2 cup chicken salad 13g

KFC leg & thigh 32g

total Protein 138g

I was concerned about all the fat from KFC but when I weighted this am, I was down the 4 lbs I gained plus one more for a total of 5 lbs. Go figure?

I drank all my Water and went to the gym and worked out for an hour. Sooo, I'm doing it all again for the next few days to see what happens, except for the KFC it's just too much fat for me.

So hang in there everyone. We just have to find the right combination that works and do that. But if you cut out the carbs you'll will loose weight.

Thanks for the info!!! I will give it a try. I like to see what people are trying and that looks like a winner:clap2:

Pamela-what a cute dog....you're right, keep him away from the rott otherwise the cute little dog will be a snack for him!!

Might that be too much Protein? I thought we were supposed to keep it between 70 - 100 g?? That the bod can't process that much???

I don't have the answer to those questions... just throwing the thought out there... anyone know??

Might that be too much Protein? I thought we were supposed to keep it between 70 - 100 g?? That the bod can't process that much???

I don't have the answer to those questions... just throwing the thought out there... anyone know??

That's what I ate yesterday. I only had to have the KFC because while at the gym on the treadmill several commercials came on for KFC and by the time I finished my workout I just had to have it!!!:hungry: There is 32 grams I won't be having today along with the chicken salad. So I'm within range.

Hiya Violets~

I have a new garage door! I've been in this house for 27 years, and we've always had the old wood door. I will be painting in July, but the door is in now! Makes the whole house look weird, went from a black door to an almond one. Either way...it is in!

My cleaning lady broke the shower valve today, and she turned off the main...but it kept pouring out. What a mess...and 229$ later, it is fixed. All in all, an expensive day, 1569.00 total...wow!

I think we've decided on Provincetown, MA as our vacation destination. I found a great condo w/ an available week in August. I am very excited...always wanted to go to Mass. We will take a ferry across Cape Cod Bay! Still in the planning stages...but this is looking like a go! I'll keep you all posted!

I planned on doing a pool workout this am, but the Water was just a tad too cool. You'd think w/ 112 degree weather it would feel good, but I think it felt too cold, if that makes sense. So I just laid in the sun, haven't done that in years. But now, I have had 2 days off from the gym...damn...hate that (I know, I know...who is this person?) So, I have the painter here at 7:30am for an estimate...and I will just be getting home from the gym! (Now that i've typed it, I have to go). :clap2:

On my post-op visit when I wasn't losing -- my doctor told me to increase my protein to 120 grams per day.

Some of us need more protein.

:) Gina

Lauraj23

I just rceived in the mail the "Lap-Band For Life" book that you highly recommended.

I look forward to reading it!

Thank you for sharing!

Gina

I have not lost anything but it seems my clothing is looser. I confess that I have not been exercising like I should. I am so tired by the time I get home from work and running around with the kids, that I do not take the time for myself. I admire women who can fit it all in.

And for all the ladies that ocassionally have a cookie or two...Remember it's not the one or two that makes us fat, it's the whole sleeve! :)

Laura-Stop getting discouraged! You look wonderful and you can really see it in the pics. Especially in your face!

Lisa

I so want to find my camera, maybe i'll go clean my room and look again now.

I am going to do the Protein Shake for Breakfast, & lunch thing again and have a turkey burger for dinner. that was how i lost the 7lbs right before my fill. That and Water water water. The only bad thing is it has cooled down, when it is 90 an dhumid I don't want to eat.

I hope to update you all monday with another weight loss.

I am going to try aqua bootcamp and aqua abs on Sat am at a different Y. It is only on Sat am's during the summer.

Everyone is doing well

LAURA - I know you will feel better in the am. You are doing wonderful. Look, you know you are, otherwise you would not have posted those pics. We all have bad days... shoot... I finished my chinese for dinner tonight LOL

You have a lot going on with wedding, new house, weight loss.... you are entitled to be on overload. You go girl. I wish I had 1/2 of what you have.

go Laura...go Laura... go Laura...!!!!!

Ok so i'm a bit peppy today... sorry.....................

Denise - I'm just starting to get better. I did a new machine today and thought I hurt myself all over again. Take a couple days off. It will help... or take a break from ab machines?

Well all, I'm off to bed. I am beat. Passed my bartending test tonight and I was so very stressed. I made all kinds of mistakes, but passed. Now I get help with job placement !!!! I so need one.

I will be going to the Y with my neighbor at 6:45am then home to get kids to do 1hr 45mins water aerobic class.

I so love being home during the day with my kids....

Have had trouble (actually I have not been able to post at all) so here goes again tonight. I tried to post last night a welcome and to tell Terri how much i liked the picture.

As far as the band goes, I am VERY lucky that I have a Dr. that is for giving me a full band. I have the Vanguard band and have had two fills, both 3cc's, and have a great restriction. I know that aggravation that I had before I got the fills (especially the last one). The band does work and works great, but you have to have the restriction!!! Don't ever think that it is not going to work, because it will!!! Just be very aggressive in getting the fills.

Good Luck,

Jane

Denise - I'm just starting to get better. I did a new machine today and thought I hurt myself all over again. Take a couple days off. It will help... or take a break from ab machines?

Jennifur,

That's the problem - I haven't exercised my abs since I started hurting...and I still hurt! I called my docs office today and the staff told me that this is normal and that if it gets worse to give them another call. I just hope my band isn't eroding or that I don't have an infection..... :cry

Jennifur,

That's the problem - I haven't exercised my abs since I started hurting...and I still hurt! I called my docs office today and the staff told me that this is normal and that if it gets worse to give them another call. I just hope my band isn't eroding or that I don't have an infection..... :cry

I would not worry- I hurt really bad about 4 weeks out and just stopped about 2 weeks ago but still get sharp pains every once in a while. Last week I could not stand up straight after a night at work, and I didn't work out for days.

Have you tried an ice pack? that helped me too, the heat helped but only temp. the ice packs regularly really did the trick for me.

I hope you feel better.

Ya know what is making me crazy, I have to log in all the time for the last couple days. Is anyone else having these problems?

It is starting to make e crazy. Maybe I'll shut my computer down and see if that resets something.