Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hi guys. This is my first post here. Had my band on Dec. 4, 2007. Lost 15 lbs the first week after banding. I have had no problems. Just as most of you guys, I feel like I can eat a lot more thn they said I would be able to eat. I am still unable to get a "full" feeling, but I try not to eat over 1 cup at any one time. I am scheduled for my first fill on Jan. 23, 2008. Hope I can hold out that long.

Regards

Skip

CT-good luck with insurance covering.

Skip- You're on your way! Yes, if you took a poll, I'm sure most feel they COULD eat more than the doc says. I find I'm most successful when I put my meal on a plate and slowly eat it. Then get busy doing something else. Usually, it's more of a "not hungry" feeling vs "full". Things will get better after a few fills. I'm getting my seventh fill on Wednesday.

Bruce

The liquid stage is already getting old. I laid in bed last night thinking of the king sized triple whoppers combo. I hope this ends soon. I'm going crazy.

I had complications with my surgery due to a colon resection surgery back in 2004. Dr. Schmitt said that my guts were stuck together and he had to pull them apart, but all is well, now, except for the hunger. Well, I do have this air bubble thing that bugs me more than it hurts.

I met with Dr. Erhlich today. I had my blood work done at Quest and a ultrasound to make sure I don't have gall stones. Just one more visit to my primary care physiciand on 1/8/08. He will sign my letter and EKG will be completed.

Hey guys just wanted to encourage you. Im 4 pounds away from losing 100 pounds and it will be 5 months for me on Jan 6th. Hopeing i can get those 4 off by then.

Got banded 2 years ago. All went great...was well on my way after dropping 100 pounds...planned to lose another 150...but work and things caused me to backslide. Being out of the country for awhile and having a doc whose followup was less than what I wanted didn't help...but that's my fault for not raising the roof. Or taking care of myself.

Anyway, I've been looking for good info and this looks like a great start. Have made an apppointment with a nutritionist to restart the process. I have a long way to go, but don't intend to drop the ball again.

Got my fill on Wednesday. I now have 10.25 in my 10cc. I got my usual bump from getting a fill. I hope to keep it going for awhile as I have 20 lbs. more to go to reach my goal. Glad my doc is OK with "overfilling" my band.

Whos-Wow! That's a lot of weight to lose in 5 months.

John- Welcome and good luck on your restart. Checking in here helps to keep me motivated.

Tim- I think keeping myself very busy helped me make it through that stage. If I'm not busy, I head toward the fridge or pantry. Damn old habits! Hang in there!

Have a great '08!

Bruce

hey guys,

im hoping to get my band in the next three months. i just did my 5th visit out of 7 for bc/bs. so hope everything gos fine with that. im glad to see some guys on here getting there band at the same places im going to. dr.miles is who im seeing. going to a support group meeting the 19th of this month if anyone is there from here. i will be the fat guy.lol anyways hope everyone is doing great and glad to see so many guys on here to talk to about this.

thanks

jason r

"On a different note I am curious to find out how many people have applied for life insurance and have been accepted of denied."

Hey - I was not denied, but do pay a crazy premium of over $100 / month. I got the insurance 4 years and 125 lbs ago, i suspect I would be declined today.

As soon as I get down to 250, I will be applying again!

John

Mornin All,

KCbigguy, can I assume your from KC??? Just a guess! I'm 2 hrs south of ya and I'm going to Dr. Malley there in KC to be banded Feb. 5th. Having lot's of uneasy feeling's about the whole deal but I'm sure thing's will be alright. Mostly about the diet and being able to stick to it, pre-op & post-op.

I guess my #1 fear is never waking up after surgery. Been under once before and it never bothered me but this time 30 years later I cant stop thinking about it. We had our first grandbaby Oct. 16th so all of a sudden I feel I have something to live for! So for X-Mas & my "50th" B-Day (Today Jan. 6th) I'm buying myself a oneway ticket to a longer life!

Glad to find this "Mens Room", some of the other stuff on this site get's a lil off topic. I dont need any more drama in my life and I'm not to concerned about "female problems". Although it was pretty entertaining the other day when TommyO made his stand!

Can anyone give me a head's up on what to expect just after surgery. I've read on here you'll need Gas-X strips & Liquid Tylenol??? Is there a list on here somewhere I can look over? Right now I'm just thinkin about a Crown & 7 to calm the nerves!

Now that I've found this "Men's Room" again, all I have to do is remember how to get back here! I'm not very computer savy . . . . . Thanx

Steve,

Yep, I live in Olathe, KS. I am looking into the Bariatric Center in Shawnee Mission. I am just submitting my paperwork, so I am probably 5-6 months away from being banded.

I agree it's nice to have a men's forum. The women can be inspirational and helpful as well, but it's easier for me to relate to other guys in the same boat with me.

Best wishes on your upcoming banding!

John

Hi guys, I had my first fill a few days ago 10cc. I have no restriction. SHould I call the Doc or wait until 6 week appointment? When I say I have no restriction I can eat anything and any amount and not feeling full. The hunger is killing me. I want the feeling with just a small amount of food but it isn;t there. Any suggestions!! HELP!!!!!!

grats on the 100 pound mark whosyadaddy! im hoping it works out great for me too. i was 409 when i first seen the doc, and now im at 387. thats after 5 months dieting. and when i get the band, im hoping to lose alot more. i like reading about how the guys are doing. you dont see many at the support groups. so its nice to get there side of the banded life.

jason r