Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Well I go see the Dietician 20th, I'm new to this Lap-band stuff , I can't wait to get banded and get it started . Sure have learned alot from this Forum though. ready to get this weight off. Wish me Luck.:)

You will be happy with having the band. It has helped me extremely.

I just wanted to let you all know that my wife and I have both been approved for lapband surgery. She will have heres done on Sept. 12, 07 and I will have mine done on 9/19/07 both at 1:00 P.M. CDT. We start clear liquid diets 3 days ebfore surgery.

Chris

Pre-Op

Dr. Minkin Des Peres Hospital

St. Louis, Mo

250/

:clap2:

My wife and I were both banded on the same day on 9/12/07. Her sister lives with us so we would have someone to drive us home.

Well I go see the Dietician 20th, I'm new to this Lap-band stuff , I can't wait to get banded and get it started . Sure have learned alot from this Forum though. ready to get this weight off. Wish me Luck.:car:

Just make sure that you are patient grasshopper! :)

been banded a week today, glad to be able to say i am part of this group now :whoo:

I'm the new guy on the block. I start my pro-op diet tomorrow and my surgery date is December 15th. I fell like I'm at the top of the roller coaster ride heading down hill and I have no control. Thanks for this forum. It helped me make up my mind.:faint:

Terry

Terry, Welcome.

Just for some encouragement for you...In Aug 07 i was in a 6XL shirt now i can get into a 3XL already!

O and i became a shirt tucker last week!

We went to the doctor before thankgivings and I gained a couple of pounds but the doctors office did not record the last weigh in when I had the first fill since it was not done at the office. We both had a fill today. I got 1 cc so now Iam up to 2 cc. I hope that this will last a lot longer than the first one. She got 1 cc also. She is up to 3 cc. So will see what happens now. on liquids today, soft foods on Tuesday and regular on Wed. We go back on Jan 7th, 08 and might get a fill the following week. He wants to see us now every 6-8 weeks and then will look at getting a fill. Glad to see that everyone had a good Turkery Day. Now were ready for Christams.

Chris

So now it becomes real for me... one more test then i get my surgery date. I am almost worried ... something that i never thought i would feel at this point. not that the surgery wont happen or wont go well... but that my body won't recover as well as my health will...

anyone have any idea how the skin reacts in men... personal stories... im 24 now and i have been fat all my life... Almost. So now that im going to change that will i have to be constantly reminded of how i used to treat my body?

Hi guys, sorry I have been away for a while, I had a bit of a health scare but now I am back now and ready to lose weight but I need help.

I had my band installed in April 07, it was July before I was able to get enough restriction on it to actually feel it working but I have not lost weight.

I would like to understand what you feel when you have the band working correctly. When I was trying to get it adjusted correctly all that really happened was that whenever I tried to eat more then a few bites I would PB. I did not feel full, I only ever felt like I needed to PB, is this now what full feels like?

My question is what do you feel when you have the band in the sweet spot. Do you PB a lot? What is the volume you are able to eat in one meal?

I have a band, I want to lose weight, I am ready to make this work but I do not know how to do it. Right now the band is somewhat restricted. I mean sometimes I can not get anything down but most of the time I just chew well and wait for it to pass then either PB or I feel it pass and I eat some more.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Dave

So now it becomes real for me... one more test then i get my surgery date. I am almost worried ... something that i never thought i would feel at this point. not that the surgery wont happen or wont go well... but that my body won't recover as well as my health will...

anyone have any idea how the skin reacts in men... personal stories... im 24 now and i have been fat all my life... Almost. So now that im going to change that will i have to be constantly reminded of how i used to treat my body?

DOnt WORRY!

Best thing i ever did! Believe me i had many fears and worries before surgery as i had NEVER stayed overnight in a hospital even. It was a piece of cake! Recovery felt like i had done a million situps.

Im am nearly 4 onths out now. nearly 80 ponds gone! !!!!

Get it in your head that you are going to have to exercise for the rest of your life! I go just about everyday and thats made the biggest differnce for me. Look at joining a gym. I think of it like..well i have to go to work so i just think...well i have to exercise its not an option.

I was fat my whole life. At 24 you have a good chance your skin will not get too saggy. Give it time though. Even at your goal weight it can take a year after that for your skin to catch up.

Now you might never have 6 pack abs but you will be HEALTHY.

I been doing a running programe and im up to 2 miles every other day! @ miles! me! Never would of belived it!!

I swim and lift weights too.

Good advice Jack. I found that i too when i think im hungry just say. ok im going to drink this bottle of Water and if im still hungry i will eat. And most of the time find out im not hungry.

Dang!

Wow Jack, I really appreciate your responses. I think I am starting to understand. I have a fill scheduled for tomorrow so I will start the process of learning the difference between "hungry" and "SATIETY".

I also appreciate the tips on volume and amounts of food you are able eat at a given meal. This will help a lot while I learn to eat smaller portions while I look for "SATIETY". Is there a suggested eating guide? Something that provides amounts? Should I just settle on a cup of whaterever at a time and go from there?

I really appreciate you help on this, I will read your replies again and again.