Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hi for me I drink two glasses of Water with Chrystal Light mixed in before my meal, then I am not as thirsty during my meal. Any low calorie drink will do, except we can't have anything carbonated.

Welcome Mike, good luck on your quest!

lsvadala- I do like Ozzy and drink just before eating , only I drink Water. I don't keep a drink near me while eating. Then wait about 30 minutes after to resume.

Do you mean the weight ticker? To get one, just click on my ticker and set one up. It was easy, I'm no computer expert but managed to do it.

Bruce

Bruce,

Do you resume drinking 30 minutes after eating? My doc says to wait a minimum of 2 hours so as to keep you feeling full and not push food through the band too quickly. I'm wondering if there are differing medical opinions on this matter.

Great work!! How did your flying lesson go? Was this something you've always wanted to do before the banding or since?

I've always wanted to fly, even took lessons 20 years ago in high school but couldn't afford to continue. I did a lesson in 04, but even then was 250+ (and rising) and between the instructor and I and the plane choice, we could only carry half tanks of fuel. Now I weigh 9 gallons less :D

Had a second lesson, went well, and now I'm only 199 :o

I've always wanted to fly, even took lessons 20 years ago in high school but couldn't afford to continue. I did a lesson in 04, but even then was 250+ (and rising) and between the instructor and I and the plane choice, we could only carry half tanks of fuel. Now I weigh 9 gallons less :P

Had a second lesson, went well, and now I'm only 199 :D

Nice ! Wait till you start doing your solo flights :o My first time scared the .... well you can figure that one out lol. What are you training in? I used to fly a piper warrior. But stopped going $$$$$$ :cry

Bruce,

Do you resume drinking 30 minutes after eating? My doc says to wait a minimum of 2 hours so as to keep you feeling full and not push food through the band too quickly. I'm wondering if there are differing medical opinions on this matter.

My Doc says wait one hour. I've found that about a half hour works for me. I don't watch the clock so many times it's probably 1-2 hours. 2 hours seems excessive but he's your doc....

I usually wait around an hour. Its usually longer because I don't think about it. I think the whole idea of waiting longer also has to do with self control. If you wait longer the odds are you will feel full longer. If you can control your urges to eat then drink sooner. (This is just my opinion so take it as that)

I'm getting banded on Oct 23, and I can;t wait. How do you put in those scales on your profile? I want to show off my weight loss too>:clap2:

Is it ok if once and a while I have a glass of wine with dinner?

I have a couple of times. Since it was a relatively small glass and I sipped it slowly, I didn't notice any effect on how much I was able to eat.

Is it ok if once and a while I have a glass of wine with dinner?

Hi Isvadala

I am Bob in Toronto. Yes and no to the drinking of anything during dinner. The no part is, if you drink when eating, the food goes through the band very quickly and you don't get the "feel full" effect.

The yes part is hey what the heck, every once in a while is ok.

In general we should not drink anything during the meal or for at least one hour after. Some people say a half hour, others say two hours.

For me just before the meal or with in a half hour of eating I drink one to two non carbonated drinks. Then I am not thirsty during the meal.

, Bob

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi. Just getting started on getting banded. Found a doc I like and now I'm just going through the process of prepping.

Going in tomorrow to get some paper work started, then next Tuesday I'm have tests down and the whole psych evaluation. Hoping my insurance pays some, but if not I'm going self pay. Decided I want to do this, so I'm doing it!!

Well the wife and I both had are first fills today. It took about 15 minutes for each of us. I got 1cc in my band and the wife got 2 1/2cc. I got to see most of the procedure on the screen The band looks good and is in the right place and the port is just above the belly button.

We sure can tell allready that the fill is working. We have both notice it takes longer to eat and drink etc. She was 6 and I was 5 weeks out from surgery. We went to the doctors office and I weighed in at 217. Day of surgery I was 231 and first doc visit I was 250. So maybe by the 1st of the year I might be at 200 or less. The wife is loosing a little slower but that was expected according to the doctor. One thing he did say that was a surprised and have not heard much talked about it is that men have/hold there fat in by the stomach area and that is why I did not get more than 1cc since I had great restriction. women hold there fat more on the outside.

So all in all we are both please with how were are doing with the WLS etc. My wife sister had her surgery last Thursday.

The biggest problem/challenge that we have both had, and more for me than my wife is learning to re-work the drinking and eating schedule. Iam a person who can work 2-3 hours and not take a break and then come in and drink or eat. Now you can not do that. I have learned the hard that is for sure. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem and how they cured the problem. The doctor did say that is one of the major problems that people talk/complain about.

Chris