Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

My surgery was Oct. 26. I already can say it was an awesome decision. I fell better and better each day. Not at all hungry. Already: Almost off insulin. Blood Pressure is down greatly. Couldn't be happier! And, I have many complications to deal with. GRAND luck! Rick

HI all, I just wanted everyone to know that I am scheduled to have my Surgery on Nov 8th at CMC in Manchester NH.. I am so excited but kind of nervious to have surgery.. I am so happy to start my new life. I know its going to be hard.. One thing I am very nervious about is the diet constrictions for the 1st three weeks. Did everyone find this the toughest part?

I didnt find it hard, but I started the liquid almost a month before surgery since I knew it was coming. Tried to lessen the shock to my system that way. It will have its good days and bad ones, but get the Protein and liquids in and you will do fine...Dave

I did the same as Dave01 and started cutting down in regular food and trying to get through the day on Protein Shakes since the 2 weeks before surgery that's all I could have anyway. Well....can't say I was perfect through any of it but managed to drop 8lbs before surgery. Did great the first week after surgery but now find I'm getting more hungry than I want to be.

Is there anyone playing basketball with the Lap Band and how quickly can I play after surgery? I am about 80 pounds over my ideal weight and I am a self pay. I have torn an ACL last year playing hoops and I am convinced that my weight was partially to blame.

I am going to try and ask a question without coming off like a snob but the big difference I see with me and others on this site is little mention of sport activity and hard workouts. For example, even at 290 I was running full court Basketball games for 2 or 3 hours on average of two nights a week. My biggest vice is the size of my portions. Is there anyone that had this active lifestyle before the surgery and what were your results with weight loss afterwards.

I am not trying to paint everyone with a broad brush but I do expect to hit the treadmill, volleyball and basketball ASAP and hope that takes me to the next level.

HI guys.. I am two days post surgery have some sorenes and tired all the time. the good news is I don't have the gas tha every talks about. I finding that walking does help take the pain away.

I got banded 10/23/07 and feel great, I am still on mushies until next week. I have no urge to eat and I feel satisfied. I do get the hiccups alot. anybody have that problem? I get my first fill on 12/20 Lost about 25lbs all ready.

I was banded on 10/25 and feel great, I'm still on the liquid diet until Friday. Thats when I have the 3-week post-op visit with the surgeon. I'll be on mushies for a week after that.

I too get the hiccups, especially after the Protein Drinks. Not sure why ??

So far I have lost 25 pounds, combine that with the pre-surgery weight loss of 25 ponds - That's 50 total ! - whoo.gif

Highest weight - 374

Pre-Surgery - 349

11-13-07 - 324

Goal - 220

Hi Guys!

I am new and looking for a good doctor in Los Angeles. I am eager to get started. I initially had a doctor I was working with but got a funny feeling I was being scammed into paying more money after my insurance approved the surgery 100%.

-UG

Dr. Kuri on 1/9/08 if anyone has any hints for me.....

I am 6'1 and 331lbs. I go to the gym an hour a day at least 4 days a week.

Thanks everyone....

I haven't poste din a while on here, but wanted to know if any of you guys have had PS post band (or pre band for that matter) I just got scheduled for a abdominaplasy for February 11th. Most of the PS stories I see are from the women. Wanted to get a man's perspective on it Let me know.

Well I go see the Dietician 20th, I'm new to this Lap-band stuff , I can't wait to get banded and get it started . Sure have learned alot from this Forum though. ready to get this weight off. Wish me Luck.:)