Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

OK guy's,:clap2: lets have our Own thread and take about our bands and stuff..My name is Ted and I live in Oregon . I'm going to get my band Jan. 31st in TJ. Mexico with Doc. Kuri and his team..I was on the Jan. bandsters thread but I think I was the only guy there and felt left out.. A bit back, there was a few guy's that thought our Own thread would be fun, so here it is lets get started..Ted

I am glad to see you started you own thread!!!

Take care and I am going to bump this for you!!!

I wish you the best!!!:bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2:

Hi Bhemguy, congrats!! Hope all will stay good. I can't wait to go for my turn at getting the band. I see that you where a self pay too, it must be a little cheaper back east then here, that's one of the reason I'm going to Mexico. My band, Doc. fees, hotel was all included for about $8,000.00 us. I looked around here in the northwest and its running about $16-22,000 or more wow thats a lot for a self pay. Can you tell me what to expect after getting the band, like pain, gas or ? Thanks Ted

Its a little cheaper here in Alabama than in most of the US... $13,900. That covers surgery and a year of fills. As far as what to expect after surgery...I honestly didnt have much gas pain. My surgery was around 9am....I was home by 1:30pm. I had this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, it wasnt hurting, just very uncomfortable. I was up a lot when I got home...walking and just in general moving. I was also eating Gas-X strips left and right. I would say by 9pm that night I could tell a big difference, and most of the discomfort was over. I never hurt from the actual surgery, I was just sore...like I had worked out really hard and the muscles were strained in my stomach.

2 weeks out and the only soreness I have is around my port site and its nothing major....I am anxious to get a fill...I started mushies this week and am able to eat more than I know I am supposed to. I am a newbie to this but will be glad to answer any questions you have...

Hi Ted and Bhamguy. Ted, I had my band done here in Dallas, and it is $12,500 now. Surgery was Sept 19. I lost 10 pounds the first week after surgery, but then I didn't lose any weight at all hardly until my fill this past Wednesday but I finally have restriction and am losing. It was my 4th fill. There is a guy in Denver that does them for $9,950 also. Good luck with everything.

Being a guys Thread, I must say that is great. What issues are different from the gals? Well I can see my ...er.... feet when I am standing. I feel that the comments from female friends about "looking better" are true.

Hey tidefan, I know about the Doc in denver but Dr. Kuri from Mexico has done more bands, he and Dr. Ortiz are some of the best in Mexico..(or the USA)

kwhenrykerr : Being a guys group we don't have to hear about someone breaking a nail off, or you know..lol I need to lose about 125+lbs if I can. When I was younger I lost 40lbs in about a month, but those days are long gone..

Hi Tidefan...I havent had a fill yet so my question is regarding fills.....did you feel any changes from your fills before the 4th one? I feel like if I really wanted to I could eat whatever, although I havent. I'm afraid I will probably be like you and need several fills to get any results since I have little restriction now.

Hi guys! Good to talk to other guys here :) I was banded here in Dallas in May and it has been a life saver.

Tidefan - who did yours here in Dallas? I went through Dr. Cribbens. I go for a fill on Friday (my 4th).

I was banded 2 days ago, went home yesterday (my doc requires a night in the hospital). I'm pretty sore, and I don't think I have any restriction.

I have about 70lbs to lose. I've already lost 24 preoperatively.

the ya boys is from shawn of the dead! YA BOY!!!:rockon:

OK I GOT MAY BAND DEC 9 IN MEX WITH Dr. Ortiz Iam down 54 lbs on oct 29 th but my band need to be filled i can eat more than i care to. i go in on feb 2nd for my first fill .all right now i got this lose skin on my gut .

i am working out 1 1/2 hrs a day eating the best i have ever done.i dont wanna sound like a &^%#& would it be gay to get a Tummy Tuck?

(if someone is gay i did not mean to hurt your feelings so get over it!)

now the sex part of it my wife thinks that its gonna screw up the band ?:)

well i dont care if the band fell off .any of you guys ran into this?

ladys stay out its just guys i know you would LOVE TO SAY SOMETHING ON THIS.

i am working out 1 1/2 hrs a day eating the best i have ever done.i dont wanna sound like a &^%#& would it be gay to get a Tummy Tuck?

I am going to get a TT for sure. Somehow, someway! :) I thought when I started this process I would be very satisfied with just the wieght loss. Now that I am close to goal, I can't stand the extra skin. I don't think I could ever see myself as NOT fat until I don't have to see the loose skin. I am right there with you and I am not gay - not that there is anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference :D)

OU Sooner - Dr. James Davidson did mine.

Bham- I really did not fill anything at all until the 3rd one and then it was only if I didn't chew real good. After this 4th one I am at 8.75 cc's and I haven't really had any hunger like before. I could eat anything and everything before this last one. Everybody is different though. Another guy I knew had to get some take out at 5.5 cc's so it really varies. I was really surprised on the 10CC thread that the graph in the front shows a bunch of people over 8 CCs and 15% over 9 CCs.

Ted - I had originally scheduled with Dr. Ortiz and then switched to my doctor here since it wasn't much more. Dr. Kuri comes very highly recommended, but if you require a lot of fills like I have, they seem to be expensive around here so I think the costs evened out since Dr. Davidson did the first 4 for free.