Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Nice ! Wait till you start doing your solo flights :) My first time scared the .... well you can figure that one out lol. What are you training in? I used to fly a piper warrior. But stopped going $$$$$$ :cry

Evektor SportStar Plus

post-0-13813135645505_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike, and who ever wants to know,

I just found out how to do the ticker:clap2:...First go to tickerfactory.com and fill out the info the when your done, don't click on HTML box's just right click on the actual ticker that you did and hit copy. Go back here to LBT and go to edit signature page then right click in the message box and click post. This worked for me as you can see......:biggrin1:

Now how do we update it??? Thanks for the info Rick

Can you eat Polenta on the mushie stage? I get band a week from today YAHOOO!!!! I look forward to it!:clap2:

wow cant wait mine is oct 22 im ready and need it lymphadema in my lower legs hope it helps that

:mad: Thats a tiny plane !

Tiny, but brand new and rents for under $100/hr. 5-6 GPH, about half of what a 172 runs. Due to the way the canopy bubbles out it has more shoulder room than a 150/152 and is way less claustrophobic.

Still, it's a 100K airplane. Too much for my budget. If I get my house on an airport, I'm buying a PT-19 ;)

I have a Piper Archer II. I always try to put the small passenger in the front when W&B permits.

I am having my first surgical consult on Nov 2, 2007. I want more info on how banding affects men. I went to a support group where the majority had the gastric procedure. They were critical of my choice for choosing a lapband and that I really did not want to loose weight. What are your thoughts and comments.:help: Please give me some advice

I am having my first surgical consult on Nov 2, 2007. I want more info on how banding affects men. I went to a support group where the majority had the gastric procedure. They were critical of my choice for choosing a lapband and that I really did not want to loose weight. What are your thoughts and comments.:help: Please give me some advice

Look for another support group. The one I go to is about even band and RNY. No attitudes there. Good luck, keep us posted....Dave

See my ticker. You can lose weight fine with a lapband. You'll definitely need to add exercise to your routine when you start feeling like you can do so safely.

It's a tool, not a magic bullet. The initial loss rate will be slower than a bypass, because you're not chopping out part of the intestines. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I would discuss both options with your doc. For me, the lap band was the only choice because I didn't want my innards rearranged.

Hi Reggie

I am Bob in Toronto. I got my lap-band on Aug 7 2007.

I love my band. In mid June I weighed 353 pounds (most of which was around my waist. On Aug 7 my surgery day I weighed 330. Now I weigh 265 pounds. Did I mention I love my band ?

It is not magic, it is a tool. For me it helped because I am a binge eater and an emotional eater. My band reminds me to make good choices at the food store and when I eat. Also why I eat. I still have to do the work , but it helps.

I am 42 and I needed to lose the weight or I would not live until 60 for sure. Maybe before that I would have had dietetes or more back pain or ? I needed something to help me to lose the weight and keep it off. That is also important, we have all lost the weight at one time or more. Then it comes back, not now. With enought fills we can not eat the sheer volume of food I eat before. Plus I will still be making good decisions.

For me I did not want the by pass. Too many deaths, like 1 in 200. For lap-band it is like 1 in 5000. It is laproscopic surgery no big cutting and long time healing. Lapband can be taken out if you don't like it. The same easy way it went in.

There are too many extra problems with bypass. People cant absorb Vitamins and they tend to have a problem where they have at times no bowel control called dumping.

The lap band is not extreme.

It may be a bit slower than the bypass. However people do lose the weight and keep it off. Not necessary so with the bypass, as some people have re gained the weight.

Good luck to you.

Bob

Hey reggie ask those guys if they can eat small portions of what ever they want. I know most with by pass if they eat any sugar at all. they dump. With the band it is not near has drastic . To each his own , for me it was a chioce of not having my stumach cut in to .You do whatis best for you good luck Paul

My comment is that YUGO OWNERS think that YUGOS are GREAT CARS!

:confused: