Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Isvadala is this your first fill? I was banded in Sept. and have had to fills so far. I go for a third one on 1/28 and I hope to be able to keep my restriction for a much longer time. The most so far has been 2 weeks. I spoke to the doctor about it and he said that a lot of it has to deal with the body movement, the loss of fat and stuff around the band. He also said that it takes about 3 -4 fills to get it just right. I have also seen that from people on this site in sections that have the same problem. You are doing great. How long has it been since you have had surgery? As of today Iam 17 weeks out and lost 33 lbs which is average of 1-2 a week. The doctors feel that Iam doing real well. He would like to see more excerise and Iam working towards that even though I injuried my shouldeer back in Dec. I would call your doctor and talk to him and see when you can get another fill. Does he do this in the office or by x-ray? If you would like send me your e-mail address and I will forward you some information in regards to fills and what you should suspect? Another question for you to ask your self is what are you expecting with this? ie: To happen over night or that it will take a while to work? I hope that this helps you out. Glad to see that you are doing real well. For me and my insurance it is the best thing my wife and I have done for ourselves.

Chris

Steve,

Let me answer your questions and don't worry ask away. Believe me.. my wife and I asked ALOT of questions.

1. yes they do a full physical when you get to the hospital.

2. I choose to stay that length of time some patients go home right away. I wanted to sight see and yes I did. You are a little sore but walking is good so I walked.

3. They pay for your hotel stay at the Plaza Azetec in TJ for two days. I stayed there one night and went out around TJ. The next night we did stay in SD just so we could see alittle SD and wife wanted to go to the zoo.

4. Yes there drive Miquel meets you at airport. We waited maybe 5 minutes he was waiting out front of out airline. His english is not great but okay. Nurses all speak a little English we had no problem and speak NO Spanish. We took some Spanish Phrases with us and just pointed out on the paper. However no problem at all. Also 10 pecos to the 1 so the exchange rate is good.

Steve, for me if was cost that is alot of difference. Dr. Kuri is great. He speaks English better than me. He has done this alot longer then any doctor in US. When I was on the hospital floor just lap band patients. Maybe 30 rooms all Americans. Not with Kuri he had 5 come in with me. So they know thier business. My wife told Kuri she was so impressed with hospital his staff and everything. He laughed and said yeah we don't all ride donkeys. He has a great sense of humor. He knows you are feeling scared and him everyone else makes it so easy.

Good luck to you.

Also since surgery 1-10 I have lost 21 pounds as of this morning. liquid stage is not bad.... if you get discourged looka t the scale.

Dane

New to the website - so glad to finally find a men's group!! well, just got approved and scheduled to get my band on March 18th - want to lose 100lbs - I have some apprehensions when I read that some guys don't experience very much weight loss for some time. Realize lapband weight loss is slower than bypass, but, thinking 1 to 2 a week is a much healthy way to go!!! I am so "not" looking foward to the preop liquid diet! I just found out I was approved by the insurance company and have gone on a binge and eating everything in site!!! By the way, Tummy Tuck - go for it.

:cool2:Hi, my name is Mark-from ND. I'm 19 years old, I had my lap band surgery on July 18, 2007. I have done pretty good so far, lost 113 pounds and have about 1oo more. I just had another fill yesterday--thinking I'm finally at the right restriction w/8.2 cc.

weight.png

Hi Guys

I had my first fill on Wed. Jan. 23. I had to go back on liquids and soft foods for several days. I also cannot tell any difference. No apparent restriction, but still trying to limit my intake and trying to stay low carb.

I was told no rice, potatoes, or starchy vegtables. since my surgery on Dec 4, 2007 I have lost about forty pounds. But I have not had any feeling of restriction in the quanity of food I could eat, just trying to follow Portion Control and drinking the Protein Shakes. the shakes seem to help with the hunger. Looking forward to feeling restricted.

Regards

Skip

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hello and that I appreciate being able to read what everyone is going through and how they deal with the different roadblocks that arise.

I'm being banded on 22 Feb and looking forward to being able to share my experiences as well.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hello and that I appreciate being able to read what everyone is going through and how they deal with the different roadblocks that arise.

I'm being banded on 22 Feb and looking forward to being able to share my experiences as well.

Welcome trevst!:D

Non scale, but such a victory....

I was in the store today, and on a whim grabbed clothes that I KNEW would not fit. Too small, not a chance, just something to gauge how far I had to go.

And then they fit.

34" inch waist jeans, and a MEDIUM shirt. They fit, and looked perfectly normal.

I'm a dude, but I'll admit right here that I was close to tears in the fitting room. I haven't been this size in 20 years. I still have a ways to go, but I finally believe that I can pass for normal.

It's a good day.

Non scale, but such a victory....

I was in the store today, and on a whim grabbed clothes that I KNEW would not fit. Too small, not a chance, just something to gauge how far I had to go.

And then they fit.

34" inch waist jeans, and a MEDIUM shirt. They fit, and looked perfectly normal.

I'm a dude, but I'll admit right here that I was close to tears in the fitting room. I haven't been this size in 20 years. I still have a ways to go, but I finally believe that I can pass for normal.

It's a good day.

Congrats. Thats a great accomplishment!

Went today for my last visit before the big day (next Tuesday). It was "payday" for them, plus I had to give my last quart of blood. They took us thru everything from beginning to end. Spent all the time with us we wanted, no question's left unanswered.

EKG showed I was healthy as a horse but the best part was I went from 320 to 295! So now I'm thinkin maybe I should get that fat check back and try this dieting a lil harder! Naaaaaaah, not a chance in hell, come to far to turn back now.

So, if anybody find's 25 pound's layin around, DONT BOTHER SENDING IT BACK, THERE IS NO REWARD WAITING FOR IT! :tt1:

I'm envious....I was thinking about it this summer but last night I did my taxes and we have to pay big time...I mean really big. So part of my plan is to start saving....when I have around half...I'm doing it.

Good luck steve!

dannyt,

Yep doing it in KC, checked out TJ real hard for half the price but after all the bitchin from those that knew I'm goin with KC. I like everyone in KC (Dr. Malley & staff) but I was looking at two for one down south. I was looking at having my neice done also but her schedule wouldnt permit.

I almost wish I had just left for the weekend and not told anyone. Good luck to ya, I was looking at Dr. Kuri, who you going with?