Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Hi Kyethra! I'm another in the "Other" category :)

I do have a stong spiritual belief. Its just not exactly Christian :eek:

Count me in as "Other", too! Maybe we should get our own category so we can discuss our weight loss journey along with our spiritual journey.

I know I wouldn't want to take on this journey without Goddess by my side!

Blessed Be to all my Other sisters here.

demmemoon

Well, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow - consisting of Low Carb Slim Fast, and Medifast Soups, puddings, and drinks. Surgery is on the 5th. I'll then be doing 1 week high Protein liquids after surgery. The 4 weeks pureed, 2 weeks soft, then regular food. I've made some homemade turkey, beef, and chicken broths and put them in the freezer. They will be much healthier and lower sodium than canned broth. I can truly say I'm ready to start this journey!!

Best wishes to all of you re: your pre-op dieting and upcomming surgeries!!

How did the subject of what religion everyone is get started??????? I really hope this thread does not go in that direction before March even gets here! I've seen conversations on other threads get started like this and it can get pretty ugly.

Well, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow - consisting of Low Carb Slim Fast, and Medifast Soups, puddings, and drinks. Surgery is on the 5th. I'll then be doing 1 week high Protein liquids after surgery. The 4 weeks pureed, 2 weeks soft, then regular food. I've made some homemade turkey, beef, and chicken broths and put them in the freezer. They will be much healthier and lower sodium than canned broth. I can truly say I'm ready to start this journey!!

Best wishes to all of you re: your pre-op dieting and upcomming surgeries!!

I have to start full liquids this Thursday. I have been on a semi-liquid diet for the past 6 days and I am doing fairly well. The Protein Shakes keep me full for a long time. Let us know how you're doing! Knowing that others are going through it is motivation for me. Good Luck!

We aren't trying to start a discussion on what religion is best. We were just stating that our beliefs are "Other" and we started our own thread for it.

Our spiritual beliefs make up who we are, and I don't want to feel like I'm not welcome here because I am not Christian. I'm still a March Bandster, and I think that is what should be important here

Count me in as "Other", too! Maybe we should get our own category so we can discuss our weight loss journey along with our spiritual journey.

I know I wouldn't want to take on this journey without Goddess by my side!

Blessed Be to all my Other sisters here.

demmemoon

Hey there,

I just created a new thread under lap band support titles bansters support for us Heathen/pagans. I even added a poll... :)

How did the subject of what religion everyone is get started??????? I really hope this thread does not go in that direction before March even gets here! I've seen conversations on other threads get started like this and it can get pretty ugly.

No worries... I've created a new thread for that... This thread is safe from all religious discussions!

T

We aren't trying to start a discussion on what religion is best. We were just stating that our beliefs are "Other" and we started our own thread for it.

Our spiritual beliefs make up who we are, and I don't want to feel like I'm not welcome here because I am not Christian. I'm still a March Bandster, and I think that is what should be important here

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't know what made you feel like you weren't welcome here. I wasn't aware that religion was an even an issue on this thread. We are March bandsters and I hope we can all be of support to each other next month when we are all banded.

I have to start full liquids this Thursday. I have been on a semi-liquid diet for the past 6 days and I am doing fairly well. The Protein Shakes keep me full for a long time. Let us know how you're doing! Knowing that others are going through it is motivation for me. Good Luck!

Tammy, I'm supposed to have at least 100 gms of Protein per day while on liquids. Glad to hear that it will keep me full. I called my surgeon's nurse the other day asking if the Dr. usually prescribes appetite supressants during the liquid phase, and she gave me a little attitude. Then I felt silly for asking.

I'm feeling really good about my decision. I was feeling nervous, but now have a sense of calmness about it.

In regard to the current topic, I believe that our spiritual journeys are an important part of the growth we will have through this experience. We will all develop physically, emotionally, and spiritually during this time of change. I hope that we can all feel comfortable sharing about all areas of this growth on our thread - even though we may have various groups with different beliefs - and I hope that all of us will be respectful to everyone and their beliefs.

Tammy, I'm supposed to have at least 100 gms of Protein per day while on liquids. Glad to hear that it will keep me full. I called my surgeon's nurse the other day asking if the Dr. usually prescribes appetite supressants during the liquid phase, and she gave me a little attitude. Then I felt silly for asking.

That is so funny. I thought about asking my dr. if I can take phentermine to get me through the pre-op diet, but I was afraid he might think I'm a wimp. I'm glad I didn't ask. :paranoid

Besides, I think we'll do fine without it. :thumb:

That is so funny. I thought about asking my dr. if I can take phentermine to get me through the pre-op diet, but I was afraid he might think I'm a wimp. I'm glad I didn't ask. :paranoid

Besides, I think we'll do fine without it. :thumb:

I have been gimping through my pre-op. I've been told this is the toughest and now that I'm three days from surgery.. I BELIEVE IT! ARGH...

Don't know if y'all have heard of this but I've been drinking a non-flavored Water called Smart Water. They call it that because it's clear and tasteless, but it has electrolytes in it. I think it actually taste better than regular water and is 'more' filling if that is possible for water...

T

I have been gimping through my pre-op. I've been told this is the toughest and now that I'm three days from surgery.. I BELIEVE IT! ARGH...

Don't know if y'all have heard of this but I've been drinking a non-flavored Water called Smart Water. They call it that because it's clear and tasteless, but it has electrolytes in it. I think it actually taste better than regular water and is 'more' filling if that is possible for water...

T

It may have been hard, but the good thing is YOU DID IT (well almost...:biggrin1: ) Three more days and you are there! Never heard of smart water, but if it is more filling than regular water I am going to get me some! Anything that will make the pre-op diet a little easier is worth trying.

Hi All :)

Well, just been out for my last 'dinner' out with my parents and family, lol, it was 'all you can eat' indian resturant, I had 2 smallish plates full, but as from next week (well its March of Thursday folks!) I am going to set a goal of losing 14lbs before surgery.... I'm also going to try and do 3 days of 30 mins exercise too!

Gosh synicalchick, good luck for this week, you must be really excited and kind of nervous now...

have a great week everyone!! :eek:

Tammy..

Wish I could say the Protein shakes keep me full!! I think I am a muncher instead of a slurper:faint:I did put a couple of strawberries in a slimfast and whirled it in the blender and it seemed to improve the taste. Three pounds down of the five of the weight I was not supposed to gain. :help: I just keep repeating I know I can...I know I can!! I really admire the ladies that have their heads on straight to do the correct thing!!!

Tammy..

Wish I could say the Protein Shakes keep me full!! I think I am a muncher instead of a slurper:faint:I did put a couple of strawberries in a slimfast and whirled it in the blender and it seemed to improve the taste. Three pounds down of the five of the weight I was not supposed to gain. :help: I just keep repeating I know I can...I know I can!! I really admire the ladies that have their heads on straight to do the correct thing!!!

Slim Fast has never done much for me either. Are you using any Protein Powder? I am using Six Star whey Protein powder...I mix 2 scoops with 8oz of skim milk which gives me 49g of protein in each shake. More protein...more filling! I am not one to posess alot of will power so I have to believe the protein is really working. Yes you can do it...I KNOW YOU CAN!!! :thumb: