Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Oh, there are just so many ups and downs in these chats--as in life! I'm sorry about your insurance disappointment, Fenton. Hope you can work things out and continue on your weight-loss journey.

I just got good news--my application "looks good" but has to go through final dr. approval (I'm self-paying so no insurance woes--just other $$ woes :omg:!). But I'm scheduled for the pre-op seminar on Wednesday and have a tentative surgery date for Monday, March 19! Woohoo! :)

A question for you all: my dr. doesn't require a pre-surgery diet. Should I be worried about that? Also, they do the surgery in their clinic on an outpatient basis. Another reason for concern? I don't know. Sounds like they are just making it easy on us but maybe they aren't as careful? No sure. I'll continue to investigate (until they put that needle in my vein!) but any help is always appreciated. Good luck, all!

The pre-op diet is for saftey. It helps shrink your liver. You can inquire about that to a number of threads on here. Many do not require it. But my surgeons office convinced me, I am on the 5th day of pre-op. No picnic, hate it, but I will complete it as directed.

That is why my doctor requires a 10 day pre-op of all liquids.. to shrink the liver, makes surgery go smoother and quicker. Going to be difficult, I have to start that on March 2nd.

I have a pre-op diet as well.mine is for 2 weeks/cottage cheese and yogurt/diet jello/sugar free popsicles and all the Water I want. whoe eahhhhhhh can hardly wait / Starting in 4 days ahhhhhhh. I Can Do This... I can Do this...I can do this......

Forgot to say that my surgery is also on a out patient basis. I also spoke to a woman in the waiting room the day of my consultation who had the surgery and she didn't have a pre-op diet either. every case is different even in the same clinic or hospital...Don't woory You will do just fine.. put yourself on a pre op diet if you would feel better.. Can't hurt.. will only start the losing process quicker..and whats wrong with that..good luck to you momlambert

B

Congratulation on your Ins:clap2: iam self paying ..:faint: .willdeal with ins after the fact,,if they pay that will be a nice bonus.

Way to go on your weight loss already :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B

How did the subject of what religion everyone is get started??????? I really hope this thread does not go in that direction before March even gets here! I've seen conversations on other threads get started like this and it can get pretty ugly.

Hi Tammy,

Is there a specific place to go look at the updated surgery dates etc. for March?

Thanks

Gail

Oh girls, it makes me nervous that I don't have a pre-op diet! I have written the office twice to make sure. That and the fact that I really am eating the "last meal" all the time. I am cutting back starting today..and really upping my Water. I feel like my husband is getting all his food in too!! I read that Lyon is one of the best eating cities in Europe, boy that's great..hope they have good broth too. It's beautiful today in moscow...sunny for a change. I will walk today outside. Have a good one today ladies!

Hi Tammy,

Is there a specific place to go look at the updated surgery dates etc. for March?

Thanks

Gail

The last one I posted is on page 21 of this thread. Our list is really growing!!!

I am excited and love this site....let's pray everyone does well!!!!

:clap2:

:welcomeB: TRANAM1955!!!!!!!!

Oh girls, it makes me nervous that I don't have a pre-op diet! I have written the office twice to make sure. That and the fact that I really am eating the "last meal" all the time. I am cutting back starting today..and really upping my Water. I feel like my husband is getting all his food in too!! I read that Lyon is one of the best eating cities in Europe, boy that's great..hope they have good broth too. It's beautiful today in moscow...sunny for a change. I will walk today outside. Have a good one today ladies!

Sue,

I do not have a pre-op diet also. He just said do not gain any more weight!! I have gained 5 doing the nervous ninny thing but have taken 3 off and *WILL* have the rest off in time for the surgery. I do not know what I would do if I had to do a preop diet my will power is ______ dead!

Russia in on my list to do before I die:) Hubby has been for business. I am originally from England and enjoy historic trips.

Slim Fast has never done much for me either. Are you using any Protein Powder? I am using Six Star whey Protein powder...I mix 2 scoops with 8oz of skim milk which gives me 49g of protein in each shake. More protein...more filling! I am not one to posess alot of will power so I have to believe the protein is really working. Yes you can do it...I KNOW YOU CAN!!! :thumb:

Tammy,

Since I do not like milk does the protein power kill the taste of the milk? I am more then willing to try anything but the packages are so big and expensive wish they had sample stuff. Also you seem to me to have a L_O_T of will power because you are doing what you have been told.:)

Tammy,

Since I do not like milk does the Protein power kill the taste of the milk? I am more then willing to try anything but the packages are so big and expensive wish they had sample stuff. Also you seem to me to have a L_O_T of will power because you are doing what you have been told.:)

I don't like milk either, but if you don't mind the Slim Fast you may be okay with the powder too. I actually wasn't told to do anything right now. I don't have to start my pre-op diet until Thursday. Trust me, if I was hungry I would be eating like crazy. :biggrin1:

Tammy,

You are such an inspiration. I was not told to do a pre-op diet, but will be starting one on March 1. I plan on doing what I did on LA Weight loss but will just have a Protein Shake for Breakfast.

<O:pScarlett, </O:pAs to the cost of the shakes, I know the GNC will take it back, even if it is used, for a full refund. The clerk helped me pick out two telling me to bring it back if I didn’t like one or either of them.

Tammy,

You are such an inspiration. I was not told to do a pre-op diet, but will be starting one on March 1. I plan on doing what I did on LA Weight loss but will just have a Protein Shake for breakfast.

<O:pScarlett, </O:pAs to the cost of the shakes, I know the GNC will take it back, even if it is used, for a full refund. The clerk helped me pick out two telling me to bring it back if I didn’t like one or either of them.

Awwwww shucks!!! :biggrin1: Thank-you Mrs Husker.