Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I am on my second week of pre-op diet. The doctors are going back and forth about if they will do the surgery they want me to lose more weight. I have lost 15 pounds so far this month my surgery is scheduled for March2. I have to call in every morning with my weight I guess to make sure I lose every day. plus I have the flue and feel rotten.

I guess I am just having a bad week. My 17 year old moved out last night and said he is moving in with a friend from school.

I feel ready to just forget the whole thing. My husband is a wonderful man and has never complained about my weight and has always been supportive, but he thinks that the band will fail like all the times I have tried to lose weight. Anyway thanks for letting me sound off

I think 15lbs in 22 days is awesome!!! How much are they expecting you to lose? Keep your head up and don't give up!!!

I am 11 days in on this pre-op diet of mine....:faint: only had one give in and that was on Tuesday made it till the gang went to happy hour and then I had 5 cranberry and vodkas. ( over a long time) but only 3 chips (we were at a Mexican food place). Had chicken fajitas with veggies and skipped the tortillas!! Yea for me!!

tammyj I think the whey Protein Drinks are keeping me going to!! I use the Jay Robbs with skim milk and they smell and taste good!!! (to me anyway my DH has even been drinking them---I hope DH means husband, still trying to get the lingo down:nervous )

Anyway just need a little support because I am getting really nervous:o . I am only 11 days away!! I am about to cry as I write this:think . I know it's just all those old messages in my head that this won't work either or you won't be able to do this and this is the easy way blah blah blah blah blah!!

I need some words of wisdom, cause I am going to get through this.

I am 11 days in on this pre-op diet of mine....:faint: only had one give in and that was on Tuesday made it till the gang went to happy hour and then I had 5 cranberry and vodkas. ( over a long time) but only 3 chips (we were at a Mexican food place). Had chicken fajitas with veggies and skipped the tortillas!! Yea for me!!

tammyj I think the whey Protein drinks are keeping me going to!! I use the Jay Robbs with skim milk and they smell and taste good!!! (to me anyway my DH has even been drinking them---I hope DH means husband, still trying to get the lingo down:nervous )

Anyway just need a little support because I am getting really nervous:o . I am only 11 days away!! I am about to cry as I write this:think . I know it's just all those old messages in my head that this won't work either or you won't be able to do this and this is the easy way blah blah blah blah blah!!

I need some words of wisdom, cause I am going to get through this.

Glogirl,

I don't know how much wisdom I can give you, but just think how great you are going to look and feel a year from now, 6 months from now, heck even 1 month from now! That always keeps me going. You are going to do great!!!

Just got a call from my dr office. My surgery date has to be moved because the dr has trauma call. So my new date is March 20!!!!!! I thought that it might be moved later, but to find out that it is one day earlier, YES!!.

I also have an appt on March 12 for all my pre-op stuff.

It starts at 8:00 with an Upper GI, than at 9:00 lab, chest x-ray and EKG. At 10:30 I meet the the dietician, 1:15 I meet Dr McBride, the surgon and round it out at 3:00 with anesthesia preop evaluation. I know I can't eat anything after midnight the night before and have to wait until after x-rays are done.

It also states that I need to purchase a stool softener, chewable Calcium w/Vit D such as Viactiv or chewabable Citracal and children's chewable vitamins to have after surgery. I need to add this to the list of stuff that I wanted to make sure I had on hand before surgery.

Glogirl, you just hang in there, everything will be fine if you follow the rules of the band. Your friends and family will be amazed when they look at you a few months down the road. MORE importantly, you will amaze yourself. I went back to my surgeon to be office last week with questions about pre-op, the surgery itself, and then post-op diet ect. They answered every question to the fullest. I feel better, much better. I am of course still nervous but I know I need a tool to help me lose weight on a long term basis. I have found out I can't do it on my own. I believe this is the safest long term help that there is. Not that it isn't without risk but obesity is certainly not without risk. I am suffering from some of those right now. I am on the second day of my pre-op diet. It is hard but I know I have to do it for the sake of saftey in surgery. 2 down 12 to go. You hang in there. Just think, we are never see what was on that scale again before we started the pre-op. It is going to be better and better and.......

JUST GOTTA DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too..............

Thanks tammyj just knowing you guys are listening helps!!!!!:(

Glogirl,

Just wanted to let you know, I am listening too. BIG NSV FOR YOU!!! Your are having surgery 2 days before me!:)

Gail

Thanks everybody!!! I am feeling a bit better. Just having the jitters I suppose. I am eating my grilled chicken and grilled zucchini as I write. Actually it's good:hungry: !!

I think I have a real problem with sugar! I had all that sugar on Tuesday and I guess I am just getting it out of my system again.

Thank again!! One week from Monday!!!!

hey girlies... it's 8:17 p.m. and I'm on the home stretch for day one!!!!

Yippee for me..... I did have maybe a bit to much dinner, but dang it.. its the best choice of dinner that I've had for a LONG, LONG, LONG time!

I made the tuna patties and had 15 multigrain crackers to go with it... about 27 carbs for the crackers... (I should of only ate 5, but each serving were 9 carbs. Overall I'm very proud, and ready for day two...

Hello All!

This preop diet is driving me nuts. I started it last thursday. First couple of days were nerve wracking and then Sunday I think I had a mini nervous breakdown. I knew I was starving to death, didn't want to have the surgery, really wanted to eat ... everything..., it won't work anyway, everything I could imagine ran through my head. Mon. was a whole new ballgame though. I feel better. I just needed to regroup. The diet is going well, it's not really all that restrictive. I think most of my woes were stress related. Anyway I think I'm back from crazy land. 1 more week to go. I did get my surgery date today. March 2nd. It's OFFICIAL !!!

Thanks everybody!!! I am feeling a bit better. Just having the jitters I suppose. I am eating my grilled chicken and grilled zucchini as I write. Actually it's good:hungry: !!

I think I have a real problem with sugar! I had all that sugar on Tuesday and I guess I am just getting it out of my system again.

Thank again!! One week from Monday!!!!

Yah I'm scared out of my freaking mind now. I'm in that WHAT AM I THINKING????? stage. I just paid $2000...every bit of my money that I had saved, paid the surgeon and paid the hospital.... now I'm hearing about the...however you spell it...anesticiaologist...(yes, very bad spelling). I hope to GOD that my insurance pays them cause I think after $2000, I'm not supposed to have to pay for anything else til next calendar year, but I have no idea!!! I haven't had insurance very long, just a few months!!!! Anyone know how much those people charge?? I keep thinking...I'm pretty happy with myself, why do I need to go and get myself all cut up by having surgery? I have to have nothing but liquids for 3 weeks after then mashed mushy stuff for another week, then I'll probably be afraid to eat any real food because I'll be afraid I'm going to break stitches or injure something, I DON'T KNOW!!!

Can you tell I'm a week away from surgery????????? :think

Oh and I forgot to mention how after all the appointments I had this week how unprepared I still feel for surgery day! I didn't even see my surgeon, I saw him once in Sept, then maybe I'll see him before he does the surgery if he comes to talk to me before they knock me out. I asked the nurse where I'm supposed to go in the hospital...she said just go inside and ask them where to go for my surgery...ok, well maybe it's just because it's a different type of surgery, or that I'm a lot older now than the last time I had a surgery of any type, but the last time....my doctor told me every little detail from what entrance I go in, where the desk is...to where I park... UGH, maybe that's the difference in care from a 20 year old to a 29 year old...I don't know...because I'm 29 am I supposed to be more mature about all of this and not freaking out??? Am I the only one freaking out this badly?? The last couple hours I've been reading through posts taking notes on surgery day stuff so I can maybe feel a little more prepared. Did I mention they didn't say anything about when I'm supposed to stop eating the day before? I think when I had my appointment back in September they might have said something about no eating after midnight....but can I drink Water? ? I doubt that too. I'm just going to have to call them with 800 more questions I suppose. I even kinda feel stupid for having so many questions. UGH. I talked with a lady I work with tonight who was banded two years ago...she is so tiny now...maybe a size 6. She is so excited for me, I got her phone number too in case I have a (more) serious meltdown.

I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing the right thing.

Oh and I forgot to mention how after all the appointments I had this week how unprepared I still feel for surgery day! I didn't even see my surgeon, I saw him once in Sept, then maybe I'll see him before he does the surgery if he comes to talk to me before they knock me out. I asked the nurse where I'm supposed to go in the hospital...she said just go inside and ask them where to go for my surgery...ok, well maybe it's just because it's a different type of surgery, or that I'm a lot older now than the last time I had a surgery of any type, but the last time....my doctor told me every little detail from what entrance I go in, where the desk is...to where I park... UGH, maybe that's the difference in care from a 20 year old to a 29 year old...I don't know...because I'm 29 am I supposed to be more mature about all of this and not freaking out??? Am I the only one freaking out this badly?? The last couple hours I've been reading through posts taking notes on surgery day stuff so I can maybe feel a little more prepared. Did I mention they didn't say anything about when I'm supposed to stop eating the day before? I think when I had my appointment back in September they might have said something about no eating after midnight....but can I drink Water? ? I doubt that too. I'm just going to have to call them with 800 more questions I suppose. I even kinda feel stupid for having so many questions. UGH. I talked with a lady I work with tonight who was banded two years ago...she is so tiny now...maybe a size 6. She is so excited for me, I got her phone number too in case I have a (more) serious meltdown.

I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing the right thing. I'm doing the right thing.

(((Hugs))) :hug: You are doing the right thing!!! You deserve to look and feel your best and I applaud you for making this very difficult decision. You will be glad you did! You need to feel at ease the day of your surgery so yes, call your surgeon's office, ask those questions. They should be more than willing to answer them. I haven't begun to freak out yet since I still have another 3 weeks, but it is normal to have those feelings. Don't worry, your surgery is going to be a success, you will have a fast recovery and will lose the weight you want to lose! :)

Hello All!

This preop diet is driving me nuts. I started it last thursday. First couple of days were nerve wracking and then Sunday I think I had a mini nervous breakdown. I knew I was starving to death, didn't want to have the surgery, really wanted to eat ... everything..., it won't work anyway, everything I could imagine ran through my head. Mon. was a whole new ballgame though. I feel better. I just needed to regroup. The diet is going well, it's not really all that restrictive. I think most of my woes were stress related. Anyway I think I'm back from crazy land. 1 more week to go. I did get my surgery date today. March 2nd. It's OFFICIAL !!!

Congratulations on getting your official date!!! Sounds like you finally got the hang of the pre-op stuff. I am the same way, if I am not mentally prepared I usually fail every diet I try. Keep going you are doing great! :)