Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

hey girlies... it's 8:17 p.m. and I'm on the home stretch for day one!!!!

Yippee for me..... I did have maybe a bit to much dinner, but dang it.. its the best choice of dinner that I've had for a LONG, LONG, LONG time!

I made the tuna patties and had 15 multigrain crackers to go with it... about 27 carbs for the crackers... (I should of only ate 5, but each serving were 9 carbs. Overall I'm very proud, and ready for day two...

You should be proud!!! When I eat my meal, I am having more than I should have, but I still feel good about the choices I am making. Baby steps...! You did great yesterday! Keep going...Don't Stop!!! :biggrin1:

2/22

B-Protein shake

S-2 hard boiled eggs

L-none (lost track of time)

S-South Beach Cereal bar/10 pistachios

D-Homemade Beef w/ Broccoli

Water-60oz

Exercise-30min Walk Away the Pounds

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

March Bandster Babes!

This is the list that I will be keeping up to date for us.. PM me if you want to be added or just post a message on the end of this thread....

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 03/01

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

Pam~bander 2/22 - 03/01

Tea Time - 03/02

hlayne - 03/02

Mommakitty3 - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

analee - 03/02

laralynn86 - 03/03

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05 @ 9:00 a.m.

Fur Ellie - 03/05

Magnolia - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Char - 03/06

HeatherPA - 03/07

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

planoltxgirl - 03/08

bronnie70 - 03/09

Mommy202 - 03/12 in spirit:girl_hug:

Sharon67 - 03/12

Hotpink Bubbles 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

RowdyReptile - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

Janine - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

kuebel j - 03/20

TRANAM1955 - 03/20

CrazyCran - 03/21

Mrs Husker - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

chatgirl6 - 03/22

Desiree1970 - 03/23

slikchik10 - 03/28

Fenton - pending

Good&Ready - pending

tootsiepop - pending

alaverde - pending

ClickerSister - pending

Reesh - pending for early March

Sara Mos - Bumped to April 2nd

ginabobeana - pending

mdicurn - pending

Laurend - pending

SusaninKC - pending (tentative date 03/19)

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007 (insurance approved 1/30!)

TGIF!

I woke up hungry, but proud of yesterday

I actually packed some LC foods for myself today....

I always start my day with coffee and SF Creamer

B - 1 hb egg

B - Dill Pickle (It was big fat and crunchy!) 2 carbs, 10 cal

B - 2 slices of thin sliced deli ham (10 slices equal 1 carb)

(NOTE: both are higher in sodium, but if I down Water it should wash it out)

Sn - Protien shake

lunch - Deli Ham

- Hunk of Sharp Cheddar

- 1 hb egg

sn - Protien shake

dinner - God HELP ME... it's Buffet night (we pick up dbf's kids and go to the local buffet restraunt)

I am really tempted to stay home....... I am being 100% honest with you all... this is gonna be hard.

TracyinKs

I've done just that a couple of times...Just said you know there is nothing good for me there I will just meet you at home later...then i would plan something non food for us to do.

giving this advice makes me realize I can do this!!!

Feeling much better today..Thanks again for the support guys!!!1:) :)

wow... the time is drawing near....I'm 5 days away. I'm going shopping today for my post op list. For the 1st two days after surgery I can have liquids only:

I have to avoid

• juice (high sugar)
  • soda
  • diet soda or anything carbonated. it's really not good for your body.

Day 3 after surgery and after fill adjustments I can have soft foods in 1/2 cup meals

I go back three week from surgery to get my 1st fill/adjustment and he said leading right up to that my appetite will return to almost normal.. this is where the greatness of the adjustable band comes in. If I get flu tummy sick and start throwing up they will get me in to take all fo the Fluid out of the band. When I'm better, they put it back in. Same thing if you get pregnant. There is no malapsorption with this procedure. I am very excited. I'm sure I'll be a wreck monday night and tuesday a.m.

TGIF!

I woke up hungry, but proud of yesterday

I actually packed some LC foods for myself today....

I always start my day with coffee and SF creamer

B - 1 hb egg

B - Dill Pickle (It was big fat and crunchy!) 2 carbs, 10 cal

B - 2 slices of thin sliced deli ham (10 slices equal 1 carb)

(NOTE: both are higher in sodium, but if I down Water it should wash it out)

Sn - Protien shake

lunch - Deli Ham

- Hunk of Sharp Cheddar

- 1 hb egg

sn - Protien shake

dinner - God HELP ME... it's Buffet night (we pick up dbf's kids and go to the local buffet restraunt)

I am really tempted to stay home....... I am being 100% honest with you all... this is gonna be hard.

I think you'll be okay if you go. I actually prefer going to buffets rather than regular restaurants when on a low carb diet because they usually have plenty of low carb options. Going to a buffet is on my schedule this weekend...but I will be eating low carb. I am still going to have my steak and crab legs before starting full liquids next Thursday!

Also, If you do go have a Protein shake before going so you don't overdo it.

Hi all! Thanks for your candid thoughts, hopes, wishes, disappointments, and committments--you are truly inspiring.

I went to my first seminar Tuesday night and was really excited (well, mostly excited:phanvan) about what I heard. Since I will be a self-payer, they said I could have the surgery within 1 month from the time I submitted my papers (which DH is doing as I type this). SO, I may be part of this great March group--if all goes well.:(

I've been on a roller coaster about this--so many thoughts and fears. When I research the data and look at this discussion group, it seems that many people never reach their goal. I wonder if their goals are unrealistic or if this really isn't the answer. I know the you can learn to "cheat" and maybe that is what is happening but why would you if you go through all this and spend all these $$$s only to end up cheating your way back? Of course, why would we regain weight time and time again without the band? Is it the same thing? I dunno.

I'm 57, been married 38 years, and have 10 amazing children (all boys but 9, lol). Now I have three incredible little grandsons and three more due this year. I want to play with my grandkids! I want to see them grow up and be at their birthdays and special occasions and not worry that I am an embarrassment to them--as well as to me and my family. I want all that enough that I think I can do the diet after the band but then I have self-doubts and wonder why I can't stick to something and lose weight without the band. I'm such a yo-yo-er. But when I commit to something, I really do it--not one "illegal" bite--until I get sick of it and go off the diet and regain all I lost and more. Will I do that again? Why or why not? :)

Ramble, ramble. Sorry folks. I AM hopeful but nervous and scared. I'm spending a big chunk of our retirement on this and have to wonder if it will be worth it. Will I be successful (and what IS success???)?

Along with other's who have posted, I am a religious person and believe God hears and answers our prayers. When I pray about this I do feel peace and the scripture in Timothy comes to my mind: God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (I'm probably paraphrasing). So I need to put the fear behind me and use my mostly sound mind to muster the power and love I have in my soul. That is my decision--to approach this with power and to feel love from my support system (DH--won't tell anyone else for now) and you-- and I'm going to do my best to stick with it.

Thanks for your great insights! If anyone has any info that would help me with my concerns (success rate, band failure, ability to maintain long-term results, etc.) I would LOVE to hear from you.

Good luck everyone!

Tammy and Traci..

You guys are doing super!! I am still trying my best but I need to get better because our date is getting closer. Yikes!! The cheats are getting smaller but dang I am always hungry and I am not a nice person when I am hungry. lol

A question...does any one know if the band helps with binge eating?

Hi all! Thanks for your candid thoughts, hopes, wishes, disappointments, and committments--you are truly inspiring.

I went to my first seminar Tuesday night and was really excited (well, mostly excited:phanvan) about what I heard. Since I will be a self-payer, they said I could have the surgery within 1 month from the time I submitted my papers (which DH is doing as I type this). SO, I may be part of this great March group--if all goes well.:)

I've been on a roller coaster about this--so many thoughts and fears. When I research the data and look at this discussion group, it seems that many people never reach their goal. I wonder if their goals are unrealistic or if this really isn't the answer. I know the you can learn to "cheat" and maybe that is what is happening but why would you if you go through all this and spend all these $$$s only to end up cheating your way back? Of course, why would we regain weight time and time again without the band? Is it the same thing? I dunno.

I'm 57, been married 38 years, and have 10 amazing children (all boys but 9, lol). Now I have three incredible little grandsons and three more due this year. I want to play with my grandkids! I want to see them grow up and be at their birthdays and special occasions and not worry that I am an embarrassment to them--as well as to me and my family. I want all that enough that I think I can do the diet after the band but then I have self-doubts and wonder why I can't stick to something and lose weight without the band. I'm such a yo-yo-er. But when I commit to something, I really do it--not one "illegal" bite--until I get sick of it and go off the diet and regain all I lost and more. Will I do that again? Why or why not? :)

Ramble, ramble. Sorry folks. I AM hopeful but nervous and scared. I'm spending a big chunk of our retirement on this and have to wonder if it will be worth it. Will I be successful (and what IS success???)?

Along with other's who have posted, I am a religious person and believe God hears and answers our prayers. When I pray about this I do feel peace and the scripture in Timothy comes to my mind: God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (I'm probably paraphrasing). So I need to put the fear behind me and use my mostly sound mind to muster the power and love I have in my soul. That is my decision--to approach this with power and to feel love from my support system (DH--won't tell anyone else for now) and you-- and I'm going to do my best to stick with it.

Thanks for your great insights! If anyone has any info that would help me with my concerns (success rate, band failure, ability to maintain long-term results, etc.) I would LOVE to hear from you.

Good luck everyone!

I asked my doc basiclly the same stuff "why will this work when nothing else has?" He said this makes it so you hit a little bump in the rode on your wieght journey instead of falling off the cart and it backs over you. Thats why I'm doing it!!! I will make my mistakes little enough I can keep myself going!

Tammy and Traci..

You guys are doing super!! I am still trying my best but I need to get better because our date is getting closer. Yikes!! The cheats are getting smaller but dang I am always hungry and I am not a nice person when I am hungry. lol

A question...does any one know if the band helps with binge eating?

Scarlett

I am a binge eater too!!! My doc said it does help another reason why I decided this will work for me!!!:clap2: :clap2:

Hey ThickChick, We've missed you around here. Your date is coming up soon and I know you're excited!

:welcome: momlambert, You are definitely a special lady! (10 kids...WOW!) You deserve this and more. We all worry about whether this procedure will work for us. I am so afraid that I'll be one of the ones who won't lose any weight or who struggles at losing it, but I will not be satisfied unless I try this. What is SUCCESS you say...that is a very good question. For me it does not have to be reaching my goal (although it would be nice), but for me it is to stop this constant yo-yo'ing and getting to a comfortable weight that I can maintain whether it be 220, 200 or 175. I love that Slim Fast commercial that says find your SLIM! Good Luck to You and keep us posted!

Scarlett, thanks so much because I have really been trying. I went through that eating everything phase for about a month and it will subside and if not, that's the reason we're having surgery! :biggrin1: I hope the band helps with binge eating because that is definitely one of my problems. The band and proper restriction is supposed to prevent us from over doing it.

I think the band will help me from binging!!!!!!!!!

No MORE will I be able to put away the AMOUNT of food that I can eat at one sitting! Imagine being stuffed after ONE piece of thin crust pizza... instead of eating the better part of a large (and bread sticks)

One of the hardest things for me to learn will be how to decipher a

1. Soft Stop - runny nose, hiccup

2. Hard Stop - Golf Ball Feeling or a Projectile PB

The head is going to be the hardest to overcome.......

The "wasting" of food/money.