Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Well, it's the day before my surgery and this is how it's gone so far.

6:00: ah_shock.gifUGH.. wanted to wake up early so I could pick some things up at the store before work. Oh well, I'll at least be on time any way.

6:15: mmmmm I'm so glad I did laundry yesterday so I can wear my most favorite soft cotton knit pale pink shirt to work.aa_smile.gif

6:37 while in truck: ah_shock.gifACK! NO NO NO! an_angry.gifchocolate Protein Drink ALL OVER MY PINK SHIRT. Can I cover with my badge...ak_crying.gif WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ak_crying.gifNot even. Well, haven't passed Wal-mart yet.. I'll stop anyway and get new shirt. ak_crying.gif

6:50 in Wal-Mart OH MY GAH... I'm starting to cramp.. I can't BELIEVE I'm starting TODAY. Better get tampons and Tylenol, even though only ibuprophen works.. I can't take ibuprophen before surgery per Dr... Please let extra strength Tylenol work...

7:15 get to work... LATE wearing new scratchy, fit's a little big, pink shirt that isn't NEAR as cute and comfy as the one laying crumpled in the bottom of the floorboard with massive chocolate stains on it shirt.ae_sad.gif

7:30 stuffed 4 chewable Tylenol go tabs in mouth... cramping so bad I'm sweating and I want to punch something or tear all of my hair out... NOT exaggerating.an_angry.gif

8:00 Cannot concentrate on ANYThing cramping is so bad. Tylenol SUCKSae_sad.gif

8:30 ran into friend, Shannon in bathroom, she has a cherry pit heating pad that you heat in the microwave... temped to kiss friendxa_heart.gif

8:45 nuke pad for 3 minutes.. is so hot have to put thick papers on leg to protect but FEELS REALLY GOOD on left side that is somehow hurting worse than the rest of my uterus/right ovary. had two cups of BLACK coffeefe_coffee.giffe_coffee.gif

9:00 Call surgeon to beg him to let me take my ibuprophen.. left messageak_crying.gifak_crying.gif

9:10 they called back to tell me it was ok to takewe_star_shooting.gifwh_palms.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gif

9:10 and 1/2 inhaled ibuprophen, reheated cherry pit thingy for the 3rd time and waited for some relief.xt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gif

9:40 FINALLY getting some reliefaa_smile.gif but feel loopy for taking ibuprophen on top of four Tylenol.

11:00 life is back to normalac_cool.gif except for incredibly annoying new pink shirt that rides up and makes my already huge rack look three times as big....ah_shock.gif and the burn spot on the left side of tummy.

1:13.. time for more pills. I'm not eating at all today.. just doing my EAS shakes. Be glad when tomorrow's procedure is done and over so I can quit thinking about it.

Well, it's the day before my surgery and this is how it's gone so far.

6:00: ah_shock.gifUGH.. wanted to wake up early so I could pick some things up at the store before work. Oh well, I'll at least be on time any way.

6:15: mmmmm I'm so glad I did laundry yesterday so I can wear my most favorite soft cotton knit pale pink shirt to work.aa_smile.gif

6:37 while in truck: ah_shock.gifACK! NO NO NO! an_angry.gifchocolate Protein drink ALL OVER MY PINK SHIRT. Can I cover with my badge...ak_crying.gif WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ak_crying.gifNot even. Well, haven't passed Wal-mart yet.. I'll stop anyway and get new shirt. ak_crying.gif

6:50 in Wal-Mart OH MY GAH... I'm starting to cramp.. I can't BELIEVE I'm starting TODAY. Better get tampons and Tylenol, even though only ibuprophen works.. I can't take ibuprophen before surgery per Dr... Please let extra strength Tylenol work...

7:15 get to work... LATE wearing new scratchy, fit's a little big, pink shirt that isn't NEAR as cute and comfy as the one laying crumpled in the bottom of the floorboard with massive chocolate stains on it shirt.ae_sad.gif

7:30 stuffed 4 chewable Tylenol go tabs in mouth... cramping so bad I'm sweating and I want to punch something or tear all of my hair out... NOT exaggerating.an_angry.gif

8:00 Cannot concentrate on ANYThing cramping is so bad. Tylenol SUCKSae_sad.gif

8:30 ran into friend, Shannon in bathroom, she has a cherry pit heating pad that you heat in the microwave... temped to kiss friendxa_heart.gif

8:45 nuke pad for 3 minutes.. is so hot have to put thick papers on leg to protect but FEELS REALLY GOOD on left side that is somehow hurting worse than the rest of my uterus/right ovary. had two cups of BLACK coffeefe_coffee.giffe_coffee.gif

9:00 Call surgeon to beg him to let me take my ibuprophen.. left messageak_crying.gifak_crying.gif

9:10 they called back to tell me it was ok to takewe_star_shooting.gifwh_palms.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gif

9:10 and 1/2 inhaled ibuprophen, reheated cherry pit thingy for the 3rd time and waited for some relief.xt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gif

9:40 FINALLY getting some reliefaa_smile.gif but feel loopy for taking ibuprophen on top of four Tylenol.

11:00 life is back to normalac_cool.gif except for incredibly annoying new pink shirt that rides up and makes my already huge rack look three times as big....ah_shock.gif and the burn spot on the left side of tummy.

1:13.. time for more pills. I'm not eating at all today.. just doing my EAS shakes. Be glad when tomorrow's procedure is done and over so I can quit thinking about it.

OK now take a deep breath...and relax! What time do you go in tomorrow?

around 9:30ish. All prayers and energies accepted!!!!:)

I hope you have a complication free surgery and a quick and easy recovery. Good Luck tomorrow!!!!! :gluck:

Good luck on you surgery tomorrow. I bet it feels good just to have the day finall come ..Best wishes

Bev

around 9:30ish. All prayers and energies accepted!!!!:)

Good luck tomorrow and just so you don't feel lonely my period is suposed to come on the day before mine too!!!:omg:

Try to sleep good tonight knowing you making a positive step for yourself and your health.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow while I'm taming my kindergarten class!!!:)

Prayers and positive thoughts coming to you from Texas!!

I haven't posted in awhile, but I might (if everything falls in the right place) have my surgery on the 19th of March. If the nurse can't get my letters from the nutrition, dr, and psy asap then I will have to wait until the last week of April. And this is not because of the dr. scheduling it is because of my work. We are getting a new accounting software the last week of March, so of course I have to be there and I can't take anytime off from March 26th until April 20th. So everyone keep good thoughts for me. If eveything goes right I start my pre op diet on Monday. :omg:

Scarlett- Well ,Russia IS a must see, it it pretty wonderful, very beautiful. I always love coming home though. It's the small things in life like umm... Target, Starbucks etc.

Synicalchick- I am thinking of you!!!!!! Envious really, you will be done it no time- can you imagine? Keep thinking positive thoughts, positive energy!! Glad you got the bad day out of the way! Good luck!

Tammy- I agree, you have very positive and uplifting energy.

Glogirl- I have a 2 and 3 year old..I love them to death but I could never have what it takes to teach. Bless you , you must be a patient soul. How long will you be out of school?

Ok- here's my question. I was at a health institute in Mexico and just got results from my food allergy panels and it shows that I am highly reactive to eggs, milk, whey, garlic,cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. So as you can see the Protein drink/soft soft foods stage is going to be a challenge. Of coarse, I have lived 44 years without knowing these particulars so I'll do what I have to. This probably causes my Migraines. So any suggestions would be great. Do all Protein Drinks contain whey?

One other question..do you think most people do well with the band..no significant problems? I personally think they do. I think there is a big learning curve, learning to eat with the band.

I am 8 hours ahead of you , so you are all sleeping soundly. Today is beauty day, getting the ole eyebrows done and haircut. Have a great day!!

I need to make a hair cut and nail apointment too before the surgery cause I know I won't want to go anywhere for a couple weeks after and I will be there lying in bed and thinking about my nasty nails and my split ends! And it will drive me crazy! LOL. At least I remember that from before, a few years ago, when I was really sick and too sick/weak to get out of bed much. I would lie there and they would drive me crazy and I wouldn't have the energy to do anything about them. So I need to be proactive and get myself taken care of!

I sure do get some nasty nails cause I'm always breaking them running into stuff... I should start wearing gloves all the time or something. Maybe some cotton ones. But then people might think I was one of Roald Dahls Witches and try to pull my hair off...

Hey, speaking of nails..I want to do that too. Why do I think that you are not allowed to wear nail polish into surgery? Am i imagining that? Please respond because I have to get a manicure /pedicure for your same reasons Kyethra. Beautiful pic of you by the way.

Scarlett- Well ,Russia IS a must see, it it pretty wonderful, very beautiful. I always love coming home though. It's the small things in life like umm... Target, Starbucks etc.

Synicalchick- I am thinking of you!!!!!! Envious really, you will be done it no time- can you imagine? Keep thinking positive thoughts, positive energy!! Glad you got the bad day out of the way! Good luck!

Tammy- I agree, you have very positive and uplifting energy.

Glogirl- I have a 2 and 3 year old..I love them to death but I could never have what it takes to teach. Bless you , you must be a patient soul. How long will you be out of school?

Ok- here's my question. I was at a health institute in Mexico and just got results from my food allergy panels and it shows that I am highly reactive to eggs, milk, whey, garlic,cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. So as you can see the Protein drink/soft soft foods stage is going to be a challenge. Of coarse, I have lived 44 years without knowing these particulars so I'll do what I have to. This probably causes my Migraines. So any suggestions would be great. Do all protein drinks contain whey?

One other question..do you think most people do well with the band..no significant problems? I personally think they do. I think there is a big learning curve, learning to eat with the band.

I am 8 hours ahead of you , so you are all sleeping soundly. Today is beauty day, getting the ole eyebrows done and haircut. Have a great day!!

Thanks you so much!!! I'm not for sure, but I think the protein nectar and Isopure do not have any whey or milk in them. The are fruity drinks and you may be able to find them at a Vitamin store, if not you may be able to order some online.

I think most people do well with the band. Yes, problems can occur, but compared to the overall number of people that are banded there's only a small percentage of people who have complications. I go to the complications thread on this forum quite often and sometimes the activity on that thread can get very slow...sometimes days will go by before a new problem is posted. Right now, I'm seeing maybe 3 or 4 posts a day and some are not even real complications, but questions about after surgery pains or questions about food. Of course, that's just on this forum, but compare that to the number of people on this forum that are actually banded and it's not that many. I used to shy away from that thread because I read some things on there that scared the heck out of me and actually caused me to change my mind about being banded (I could have been banded back in October). Now, it doesn't bother me...I'm ready to be banded!

Yes, I have got to get my hair and nails done as well. I planned on getting my hair braided the week of surgery so I won't have to do anything to it, but I'd better get my nails done too.

Have a Great Day Everyone and HAPPY BANDING DAY synicalchick! :biggrin1:

Synicalchick,

Well today is your day, will be thinking about you today. Lets us know how it goes. If you feel up to it, maybe another hour by hour thing, that was great. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Got to get my dd up and going and ready for school. She is NOT a morning person.

I haven't posted in awhile, but I might (if everything falls in the right place) have my surgery on the 19th of March. If the nurse can't get my letters from the nutrition, dr, and psy asap then I will have to wait until the last week of April. And this is not because of the dr. scheduling it is because of my work. We are getting a new accounting software the last week of March, so of course I have to be there and I can't take anytime off from March 26th until April 20th. So everyone keep good thoughts for me. If eveything goes right I start my pre op diet on Monday. :omg:

I hope everything works out for you and you get a March 19th surgery date. Let us know how everything goes. :gluck: