Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Tammy- I agree with you totally. I go over and read those threads, kinda scared myself a couple of times but now I am in a positive groove. It is good info to know but i am determined now . So about the nail polish, what do you think?

synicalchick- I want to know every little detail girl...soooooooo jealous you are almost there!!!!

Tammy- I agree with you totally. I go over and read those threads, kinda scared myself a couple of times but now I am in a positive groove. It is good info to know but i am determined now . So about the nail polish, what do you think?

synicalchick- I want to know every little detail girl...soooooooo jealous you are almost there!!!!

You know, I'm not quite sure about the nail polish. I've had 2 previous minor surgeries and I was never told not to wear it. I was told the usual, no jewelry, no contacts, etc., but never nail polish so I think it would be okay. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to ask. The nail bed may be one of those places they check for blood flow so you never know.

you are not suppose to wear nail polish so they can see the color of your nail beds just in case they turn blue. or something like that. whenever I have surgery before with nail polish. they just removed the color on one nail.

Morning gals,

I tend to stay away from the posts that are negative. I sooo need for this band to work and need to surround myself with positive. It sounds like the majority of people love their band and do not regret it. I am looking forward to finding the real me hidden under all of this outer shell. lol

Tammy I liked your pictures and think it is a good idea. Will show your progress. Did you take any unclothed ones for yourself. I was thinking they would not lie for me.

Good luck going out to surgery banders today. Looking for pointers!!

Hey All,

I am scheduled for March 2, 2007. Right now, head is spinning and I am coming up with all sorts of reasons not to go through with the surgery, including " how will I look at a normal weight". Luckily, my brain is stronger than my emotions and lets face it, I know how I look at this weight. Would appreciate some prayers, I have no support from family.

Annalee

As I nurse, I can tell you that posters are correct. Nailbeds are a good sign of oxygen perfusion. You may wear clear nail polish, although some hospitals may ask you to remove even that. Save the polish for the new improved you!!

Hey All,

I am scheduled for March 2, 2007. Right now, head is spinning and I am coming up with all sorts of reasons not to go through with the surgery, including " how will I look at a normal weight". Luckily, my brain is stronger than my emotions and lets face it, I know how I look at this weight. Would appreciate some prayers, I have no support from family.

Annalee

:welcomeB: Annalee!!!!!!! We are here to offer encouragement and support. You have made the right decision and you are going to look fabulous!!!

Hey All,

Luckily, my brain is stronger than my emotions and lets face it, I know how I look at this weight. Would appreciate some prayers, I have no support from family.

Annalee

I am in the same boat as you are. I have no family support, except criticism. Which is the main reason I have decided not to tell my parents or other memebers of my family. My PCP even told me that this surgery "was the easy way out!". :faint: BTW-- I have a new PCP which I interviewed before I signed on with his practice!! :biggrin1: The only person that knows about my surgery is my husband and 1 friend.

Morning gals,

I tend to stay away from the posts that are negative. I sooo need for this band to work and need to surround myself with positive. It sounds like the majority of people love their band and do not regret it. I am looking forward to finding the real me hidden under all of this outer shell. lol

Tammy I liked your pictures and think it is a good idea. Will show your progress. Did you take any unclothed ones for yourself. I was thinking they would not lie for me.

Good luck going out to surgery banders today. Looking for pointers!!

Thanks Scarlett! The pictures are horrible, but it motivates me to make some changes. Nude pictures (for myself of course) are a good idea. I think I will do that too.

Hi all, Long time no post. I am now into day 2 of my liquid diet. So far not so good as last night I ate a big bowl of noodles and then upchucked. The weird thing was that I wasn't even really hungry, I just WANTED noodles. Other than that the day was actually good though. So far today I am not yet hungry. A long time ago I posted on the issue of bulimia and can now report that I told my doctor about it and he said it would not stop me from being banded but that I had to fully and truly understand that once I am banded I can't purge anymore or I will seriously injure myself. In a weird sort of way I am scared of giving up that option because it has sort of been my "get out of calories free" card even though I know it is not good for me. I can relate to immediate "slip the band" threatneing complications and believe that will motivate me to stop. However, the "screw up your body long term and die" sort of complications seem less real.

Anyways, I am glad to see that the thread I started is going strong. I tried to look up the thread referred to earlier on religion but couldn't find it. Could someone please advise or "bump" it for me? Thanks

Hey All,

Annalee

I am jealous by 5 days!:) Best Wishes to you from Nevada!

Alrighty then no nail polish it is. I knew there was some reason.

Annalee and Machele you have come to the right place my friends, we will support you!! That's terrible that you have been met with criticism. I haven't had much, but I have not told alot of people nor have I asked for opinions.

Ok- let's talk about naked pictures ..I can't bring myself to do that. Heck I didn't even want to do the clothed version. It will be great to see your progress though.

Gotta do bathtime and bedtime routine, gosh it's tiring at the end of the day.

hair turned out fab!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the eybrows done and eyelashes tinted..no makeup for me. Have a great nite ladies!

Hi all, Long time no post. I am now into day 2 of my liquid diet. So far not so good as last night I ate a big bowl of noodles and then upchucked. The weird thing was that I wasn't even really hungry, I just WANTED noodles. Other than that the day was actually good though. So far today I am not yet hungry. A long time ago I posted on the issue of bulimia and can now report that I told my doctor about it and he said it would not stop me from being banded but that I had to fully and truly understand that once I am banded I can't purge anymore or I will seriously injure myself. In a weird sort of way I am scared of giving up that option because it has sort of been my "get out of calories free" card even though I know it is not good for me. I can relate to immediate "slip the band" threatneing complications and believe that will motivate me to stop. However, the "screw up your body long term and die" sort of complications seem less real.

Anyways, I am glad to see that the thread I started is going strong. I tried to look up the thread referred to earlier on religion but couldn't find it. Could someone please advise or "bump" it for me? Thanks

It is good to hear from! You did the right thing by informing your doctor about your history of bulimia. I know you're excited that he gave you the OK and that you will soon be banded. Take care of yourself and your BAND! :clap2:

If you're talking about the thread that synicalchick started, I think it's listed under lapband support.

Annalee and Machele, I decided to only tell people that I knew would support me. The others (including my younger sister, a very good friend and people at work) I plan on telling them that I had a small hernia (sp) repaired. The way I found out who would be told and who wouldn't was to bring up WLS and see what their reations was. My good friend is very much opposed to WLS, she see it as a cop out. Needless to say she is 5' 10" and 150 lbs and has never had a problem with weight. No one can walk in my shoes so no one has the right to tell me what is good for me and what isn't. This was my choice and I chose not to tell anyone who might be negative about it. And I don't consider it a cop out, I consider it a major step in the right direction. This is my life and I want to LIVE it!!

Annalee and Machele, I decided to only tell people that I knew would support me. The others (including my younger sister, a very good friend and people at work) I plan on telling them that I had a small hernia (sp) repaired. The way I found out who would be told and who wouldn't was to bring up WLS and see what their reations was. My good friend is very much opposed to WLS, she see it as a cop out. Needless to say she is 5' 10" and 150 lbs and has never had a problem with weight. No one can walk in my shoes so no one has the right to tell me what is good for me and what isn't. This was my choice and I chose not to tell anyone who might be negative about it. And I don't consider it a cop out, I consider it a major step in the right direction. This is my life and I want to LIVE it!!

I feel the same way. I told my best friend of 19 years that I was having the surgery and her comment was...You've lost weight before, you can do it again and you're taking the easy way out. I told her...That's the problem, I keep losing and gaining it all back and then some. Since then, I really don't talk to her about my surgery. I've decided not to tell anyone except those that need to know. Once the weight starts coming off, I will be happy to explain to those who ask.